ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks vs Timberwolves PG: A loss with development

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Re: Knicks vs Timberwolves PG: A loss with development 

Post#241 » by Marty McFly » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:46 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I don't want Jeff anymore either but i do want a coach that does what he did to KOQ in that video and let a player know when he's not doing his job and giving full effort on D.

Jeff hasn't been effective, but when you have an owner that will fire management at the behest of a player, you'll never have effective management

The days of blaming things on Dolan are over in my eyes because he's done a great job of keeping out of basketball operations. I don't think there's many, if any coaches that could of done a much better job with this team, maybe a great HC could of gotten a couple more meaningless wins but nothing significant enough to make a difference.

is this post a joke? the reason he's keeping out of basketball operations is because he's got his guy running this **** now.

steve mills has been around this team for much of this team's **** over the last 15 years, and somehow, he's ended up as president of basketball ops after all. what does that tell you?
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#242 » by MP4LIFE » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Jeff hasn't been effective, but when you have an owner that will fire management at the behest of a player, you'll never have effective management

The days of blaming things on Dolan are over in my eyes because he's done a great job of keeping out of basketball operations. I don't think there's many, if any coaches that could of done a much better job with this team, maybe a great HC could of gotten a couple more meaningless wins but nothing significant enough to make a difference.

is this post a joke? the reason he's keeping out of basketball operations is because he's got his guy running this **** now.

steve mills has been around this team for much of this team's **** over the last 15 years, and somehow, he's ended up as president of basketball ops after all. what does that tell you?

Fans like him are how Dolan still makes billions off the team.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#243 » by whocares1 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:20 pm

I was going to give Steve Mills the benefit of the doubt...until he splurged on Tim Hardaway Jr. At that point I knew it was going to be another long year.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#244 » by Oscirus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:28 pm

Kinglee wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

KP played more than half the season. You're not going to use the first 10 games of a season to say a player eclipsed another one when KP was trash after November, save it. Towns is light years ahead of KP. PERIOD

And you're not going to ignore the fact that they're not playing in a vacuum. That Towns isn't blowing KP out of the water despite being surrounded by a much better team and having a much better coach should tell all the non haters something. Or are you going to tell me that Towns would be posting the same numbers surrounded by this **** team?

Towns isn't blowing KP out in who world? Yours and biased fans. No one in their right mind would watch these two on the court and say KP is on the same playing field as Towns. The gap offensively between them is way bigger than the gap defensively KP has on Towns. KP blocking one more shot doesn't change the fact Towns is a better scorer, rebounder, passer, and has his team in the playoff chase, while our guy can't stay healthy or make shots or rebound or pass.

Listen, I'm done with the KP debates on this board. Dude gets hurt every season and he plays good one month a season. I'm hoping we trade his ass, you can root and praise the guy all day if you want.

Yea I'm the biased one, you're actually ignoring that Towns has a better team to prove whatever point you think it is you're proving. :lol: But yea, I'm biased. Trys to act like blocking shots is the only thing that KP does better on defense . But yea, I'm biased.

Fans like you are the worst kind of fans, expecting LBJ with every single draft pick and then trading them off for some veteran who didn't show their potential when they don't meet your ridiculous expectations.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#245 » by Oscirus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:32 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Hell, the one time we got a competent president of operations was when the NBA practically forced him to get one and even then he **** that one up too since he apparently forgot to interview Jerry West. His being a lazy owner is of no consequence if he cant even hire the right personnel to run the team.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#246 » by MP4LIFE » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:56 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Hell, the one time we got a competent president of operations was when the NBA practically forced him to get one and even then he **** that one up too since he apparently forgot to interview Jerry West. His being a lazy owner is of no consequence if he cant even hire the right personnel to run the team.

Exactly.

"Staying out of basketball operations" means nothing when you're consistently hiring morons or yes men.
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#247 » by Kinglee » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:47 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
Oscirus wrote:And you're not going to ignore the fact that they're not playing in a vacuum. That Towns isn't blowing KP out of the water despite being surrounded by a much better team and having a much better coach should tell all the non haters something. Or are you going to tell me that Towns would be posting the same numbers surrounded by this **** team?

Towns isn't blowing KP out in who world? Yours and biased fans. No one in their right mind would watch these two on the court and say KP is on the same playing field as Towns. The gap offensively between them is way bigger than the gap defensively KP has on Towns. KP blocking one more shot doesn't change the fact Towns is a better scorer, rebounder, passer, and has his team in the playoff chase, while our guy can't stay healthy or make shots or rebound or pass.

Listen, I'm done with the KP debates on this board. Dude gets hurt every season and he plays good one month a season. I'm hoping we trade his ass, you can root and praise the guy all day if you want.

Yea I'm the biased one, you're actually ignoring that Towns has a better team to prove whatever point you think it is you're proving. :lol: But yea, I'm biased. Trys to act like blocking shots is the only thing that KP does better on defense . But yea, I'm biased.

Fans like you are the worst kind of fans, expecting LBJ with every single draft pick and then trading them off for some veteran who didn't show their potential when they don't meet your ridiculous expectations.

If you think team success is the only reason why Towns is viewed by many as being better than KP, than you're not worth talking to. Have a great life
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#248 » by Oscirus » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:00 pm

Kinglee wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

If you think team success is the only reason why Towns is viewed by many as being better than KP, than you're not worth talking to. Have a great life

Did you just try to attribute one of the points that you bought up to something I said as a way of negating my whole argument? Nice :lol: That wasn't even close to my argument, but way to miss the point.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,289

Post#249 » by RHODEY » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:20 am

Kinglee wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

KP played more than half the season. You're not going to use the first 10 games of a season to say a player eclipsed another one when KP was trash after November, save it. Towns is light years ahead of KP. PERIOD

And you're not going to ignore the fact that they're not playing in a vacuum. That Towns isn't blowing KP out of the water despite being surrounded by a much better team and having a much better coach should tell all the non haters something. Or are you going to tell me that Towns would be posting the same numbers surrounded by this **** team?

On offensively KP is good -very while towns is Very good tm but not Elite. For towns to blow out KP he would have to be Duncan or Hekeem level...and he ain that, at least not yet

Now on Defense Towns is Poor while KP is Very Good. That's what I call "Blowing out". The defensive margin is much bigger than the offensive margin.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,867

Post#250 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:33 am

RHODEY wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
Oscirus wrote:And you're not going to ignore the fact that they're not playing in a vacuum. That Towns isn't blowing KP out of the water despite being surrounded by a much better team and having a much better coach should tell all the non haters something. Or are you going to tell me that Towns would be posting the same numbers surrounded by this **** team?

On offensively KP is good -very while towns is Very good tm but not Elite. For towns to blow out KP he would have to be Duncan or Hekeem level...and he ain that, at least not yet

Now on Defense Towns is Poor while KP is Very Good. That's what I call "Blowing out". The defensive margin is much bigger than the offensive margin.

^ yes
ImageImageImage
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,289

Post#251 » by RHODEY » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:32 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Really? It's a meaningless game in March. Journeymen and G Leaguers thrive on these situations.

If what you are saying was true, there would be a bunch of Journey Men and G leaguers thriving right now.

Yeah...and there are..and they always have been. Have you just chosen to forget years past?

Please. Burke has no point guard skills, takes mostly mid range shots and is a poor defender. Maybe he can be a good bench piece but proclaiming him a starter because of 10-20 games on a lottery team is a joke. Almost as bad as when people touted Mardy Collins, Toney Douglas, Tony Wroten, etc.

The team has glaring holes in every position and no G leaguer is going to fill them.

Frank hasn’t started one game at point guard and deserves more of an opportunity even with his non-aggressive approach. He has the most potential out of any of the guards to be a playmaker.

MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#252 » by MP4LIFE » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:39 am

RHODEY wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
RHODEY wrote: If what you are saying was true, there would be a bunch of Journey Men and G leaguers thriving right now.

Yeah...and there are..and they always have been. Have you just chosen to forget years past?

Please. Burke has no point guard skills, takes mostly mid range shots and is a poor defender. Maybe he can be a good bench piece but proclaiming him a starter because of 10-20 games on a lottery team is a joke. Almost as bad as when people touted Mardy Collins, Toney Douglas, Tony Wroten, etc.

The team has glaring holes in every position and no G leaguer is going to fill them.

Frank hasn’t started one game at point guard and deserves more of an opportunity even with his non-aggressive approach. He has the most potential out of any of the guards to be a playmaker.

Hey look, the guy who lives game by game and pays close to attention to inflated stats to end a season.

Talk to me when Trey Burke can play consistently for an entire season.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#253 » by dakomish23 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:52 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

Hey look, the guy who lives game by game and pays close to attention to inflated stats to end a season.

Talk to me when Trey Burke can play consistently for an entire season.

The anti Red Vines
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks