ImageImageImageImageImage

Post game: A good win in a bad season

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,323

Re: Post game: A good win in a bad season 

Post#381 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:36 pm

god shammgod wrote:most of the players better than him on the list also happen to be on good teams. that's not a coincidence. if your point is a lot players are making as much as timmy who are equally as mediocre, that's true. that still doesn't make it a smart thing to do. there are more people working in nba front offices that are making bad investments than good ones. we're not the only inept franchise.

i quoted you clyde but it's really not for you. sorry.

ImageImageImage
KnickFan33
Veteran
And1: 1,446

Post#382 » by KnickFan33 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:42 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
It's a lot easier to live in fantasy land than in reality for some people :lol:

The dude that likes the Tim Hardaway signing is questioning other people's sanity. Jesus..

Below is the list of players in the league making 15-20 million this year (in descending salary order)...

George Hill
Ryan Anderson
Paul George
Allen Crabbe
Jimmy Butler
Jeff Teague
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
John Wall
DeMarcus Cousins
Greg Monroe
Wesley Matthews
Klay Thompson
Joakim Noah
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Luol Deng
Evan Turner
Goran Dragic
Evan Fournier
Bismack Biyombo
Kent Bazemore
Robert Covington
Ian Mahinmi
Tim Hardaway
Draymond Green
Tristan Thompson
Reggie Jackson
Pau Gasol
Tobias Harris
Dwyane Wade
Dennis Schroder
Jonas Valanciunas
Tony Parker
Timofey Mozgov

In all honesty, how many of those players are actually outplaying/outproducing Timmy right now? Facts are he's playing right at his market value because he'd be right in the middle of that list if you were to rank them if you're not being a biased clown about Timmy... So please spare me the THJ sucks bs.

This post kind of reminds me of this gem.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1503184&hilit=rose#p50843917
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#383 » by El Poochio » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:03 pm

KnickFan33 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
The dude that likes the Tim Hardaway signing is questioning other people's sanity. Jesus..

Below is the list of players in the league making 15-20 million this year (in descending salary order)...

George Hill
Ryan Anderson
Paul George
Allen Crabbe
Jimmy Butler
Jeff Teague
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
John Wall
DeMarcus Cousins
Greg Monroe
Wesley Matthews
Klay Thompson
Joakim Noah
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Luol Deng
Evan Turner
Goran Dragic
Evan Fournier
Bismack Biyombo
Kent Bazemore
Robert Covington
Ian Mahinmi
Tim Hardaway
Draymond Green
Tristan Thompson
Reggie Jackson
Pau Gasol
Tobias Harris
Dwyane Wade
Dennis Schroder
Jonas Valanciunas
Tony Parker
Timofey Mozgov

In all honesty, how many of those players are actually outplaying/outproducing Timmy right now? Facts are he's playing right at his market value because he'd be right in the middle of that list if you were to rank them if you're not being a biased clown about Timmy... So please spare me the THJ sucks bs.

Crazy to think Rose career finished the moment NYKMentality hit that submit button

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#384 » by El Poochio » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:06 pm

god shammgod wrote:well damn. i think i got hit with shrapnel.

RIP shamrapnel

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,323

Post#385 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:23 pm

KnickFan33 wrote:

lol, that thread is hysterical
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,709

Post#386 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:28 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
god shammgod wrote:most of the players better than him on the list also happen to be on good teams. that's not a coincidence. if your point is a lot players are making as much as timmy who are equally as mediocre, that's true. that still doesn't make it a smart thing to do. there are more people working in nba front offices that are making bad investments than good ones. we're not the only inept franchise.

Oh, Oliver! :cry:

Free Palestine
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#387 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:38 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

George Hill
Ryan Anderson
Paul George
Allen Crabbe
Jimmy Butler
Jeff Teague
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
John Wall
DeMarcus Cousins
Greg Monroe
Wesley Matthews
Klay Thompson
Joakim Noah
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Luol Deng
Evan Turner
Goran Dragic
Evan Fournier
Bismack Biyombo
Kent Bazemore
Robert Covington
Ian Mahinmi
Tim Hardaway
Draymond Green
Tristan Thompson
Reggie Jackson
Pau Gasol
Tobias Harris
Dwyane Wade
Dennis Schroder
Jonas Valanciunas
Tony Parker
Timofey Mozgov

In all honesty, how many of those players are actually outplaying/outproducing Timmy right now?
Facts are he's playing right at his market value because he'd be right in the middle of that list if you were to rank them if you're not being a biased clown about Timmy... So please spare me the THJ sucks bs.

I don't read every post so I don't know who is saying he sucks, but I got the impression people were saying mostly that at the beginning of a rebuild his contract may have been more than necessary at this juncture.

He's a legit scorer and probably is at market value right now, so I think the criticisms are more about Mills than Tim.

most of the players better than him on the list also happen to be on good teams. that's not a coincidence. if your point is a lot players are making as much as timmy who are equally as mediocre, that's true. that still doesn't make it a smart thing to do. there are more people working in nba front offices that are making bad investments than good ones. we're not the only inept franchise.

Most of the players who are better than him on that list are ones who aren't eligible yet for the true max and would be making more had they got their deals done post instead of pre salary cap jump. Wall as an example and Boogie also...

Point being for guys who are paid at Timmys level because thats what teams on the open market actually deemed their value at.. Timmys deal is better than a lot of theirs when you stack their production up against his and he's younger than most.

I view Timmy as a good investment. This was really his first year as a full time starter and dealing with the injury he did and being thrust in as the number 1 option he's performed pretty well IMO. Like I've said before the only thing I hated about the deal was the trade kicker. You want to rail against that that's fine. But Timmy is going to play up to that contract. I see the talent and the improvement he's made on both ends.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#388 » by Greenie » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:42 pm

TheDavinciCHODE wrote:
Greenie wrote:
TheDavinciCHODE wrote:
Meh, I wouldn't say atrocious with him. With KP as the first option, the rest of the guys shift down into more natural roles. Guys like Kanter, Hardaway, Lee, Quinn, and Frank all have a place in the league. The problem is that none of them are good shot creators or actually very good at any one thing. They all are essentially role players at this point.

With KP healthy,this team is a 37-39 win squad, which is mediocre. Not atrocious. Which actually might hinder us....since we are building around KP in a sub-optimal way. Drafting in the mid lottery and signing role player to big contracts is a great way to never pair KP with the star he needs to contend. We'd have been better off without Kanter, Lee, and THJ so we won 28 games with KP or even less without him. Hopefully next season we sneak into that top 5. IDK.

No we weren’t.
Did you forget this team was on an 8 game losing streak when he went down?

This team is not brand new. They have BEEN garbage. KP hasn’t even been down for 2 months.

Yeah but that was without THJ, who was definitely our 2nd best player. I mean when totally healthy the team is slightly below average. Again, nothing to write home about.

What?
Timmy was playing. He was busy building his brick apartment building.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,500

Post#389 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:51 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,028

Post#390 » by god shammgod » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:00 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
I don't read every post so I don't know who is saying he sucks, but I got the impression people were saying mostly that at the beginning of a rebuild his contract may have been more than necessary at this juncture.

He's a legit scorer and probably is at market value right now, so I think the criticisms are more about Mills than Tim.

most of the players better than him on the list also happen to be on good teams. that's not a coincidence. if your point is a lot players are making as much as timmy who are equally as mediocre, that's true. that still doesn't make it a smart thing to do. there are more people working in nba front offices that are making bad investments than good ones. we're not the only inept franchise.

Most of the players who are better than him on that list are ones who aren't eligible yet for the true max and would be making more had they got their deals done post instead of pre salary cap jump. Wall as an example and Boogie also...

Point being for guys who are paid at Timmys level because thats what teams on the open market actually deemed their value at.. Timmys deal is better than a lot of theirs when you stack their production up against his and he's younger than most.

I view Timmy as a good investment. This was really his first year as a full time starter and dealing with the injury he did and being thrust in as the number 1 option he's performed pretty well IMO. Like I've said before the only thing I hated about the deal was the trade kicker. You want to rail against that that's fine. But Timmy is going to play up to that contract. I see the talent and the improvement he's made on both ends.

the only real way he can live up to it is if he becomes an all-star. because whether you pay a player 18/19 mill per or 24 per, it still takes up a slot that could be used on someone who could, and should, be an all-star. because there's only so many of those slots available. you made a 4 year investment on his potential and in year 1 he hasn't lived up to it. nobody can argue that. you can argue about the circumstances that led him not to, but you can't say he has. if he doesn't live up to it next year that will be half the contract where he hasn't, which basically confirms it was a bad investment.
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,861

Post#391 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:03 pm

Greenie wrote:
TheDavinciCHODE wrote:
Greenie wrote:
No we weren’t.
Did you forget this team was on an 8 game losing streak when he went down?

This team is not brand new. They have BEEN garbage. KP hasn’t even been down for 2 months.

Yeah but that was without THJ, who was definitely our 2nd best player. I mean when totally healthy the team is slightly below average. Again, nothing to write home about.

What?

Yeah but he came back in mid January on a mins restriction and wasn't himself. Then the team went on a brutal schedule run in late jan into February and that's when the wheels fell off. And then KP tore his ACL in early Feb. We lost a game to Atlanta in there which was pathetic, but other than that we lost games against teams that were just flat out better than us...Denver, Milwaukee, Toronto, Golden State, Indy, Philly, Washington, Boston, golden State again. Not sure what you want this team to do there.

Beat any of those teamsin February without KP?

Actually in that tween' time where THJ was kinda back from injury and KP was healthy, we stole one from the Jazz, too. So with KP and THJ at full strength the team is solid enough. But THJ went down Nov. 29 and we still got wins over solid competition like OKC, LAL, Miami, Boston!, New Orleans.....that's all without our 2nd best player.

What more can we ask for?
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,213

Post#392 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:58 am

TheDavinciCHODE wrote:
Greenie wrote:
TheDavinciCHODE wrote:

What?

Yeah but he came back in mid January on a mins restriction and wasn't himself. Then the team went on a brutal schedule run in late jan into February and that's when the wheels fell off. And then KP tore his ACL in early Feb. We lost a game to Atlanta in there which was pathetic, but other than that we lost games against teams that were just flat out better than us...Denver, Milwaukee, Toronto, Golden State, Indy, Philly, Washington, Boston, golden State again. Not sure what you want this team to do there.

Beat any of those teamsin February without KP?

Actually in that tween' time where THJ was kinda back from injury and KP was healthy, we stole one from the Jazz, too. So with KP and THJ at full strength the team is solid enough. But THJ went down Nov. 29 and we still got wins over solid competition like OKC, LAL, Miami, Boston!, New Orleans.....that's all without our 2nd best player.

What more can we ask for?

Not much, to be honest. I'm a H20 fan, but even I know when he gets massively overpaid, you have to blame the guys who gave him the dumb ass money. Until then, though, he's just gonna have to live with it. Jacoby Ellsbury gets a ton of **** too.

Return to New York Knicks