ImageImageImageImageImage

Post game: A good win in a bad season

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,214

Re: Post game: A good win in a bad season 

Post#321 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:And I'm not even sure why Mudiay should come back next year. He really does not do any one thing very well. Why waste a roster spot on him? Even Baker is a better player and he'll be back.

Ehhh I thought Mudiay played well last night and when he plays confidently he's helpful because he's a good passer and a bully on smaller pg's...

What does that mean for next season though? Third stringer? He isn't a starter and if they do draft any guards who are good, when does Mudiay come off the bench? I suppose Baker could ride the pine.

I don't believe Mudiay fits because it might be fair to say he brings nothing to the culture of the team. He does not feel to me like a winner and I would never want him in with a game on the line. That matters a great deal.
ImageImageImage
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#322 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:And I'm not even sure why Mudiay should come back next year. He really does not do any one thing very well. Why waste a roster spot on him? Even Baker is a better player and he'll be back.

Ehhh I thought Mudiay played well last night and when he plays confidently he's helpful because he's a good passer and a bully on smaller pg's...

What does that mean for next season though? Third stringer? He isn't a starter and if they do draft any guards who are good, when does Mudiay come off the bench? I suppose Baker could ride the pine.

Mudiay is a low IQ, lazy player who has not improved at all i his time in the league. No reason for him to be back. I'd trade him to some team for free.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#323 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:32 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Mudiay is better than Baker. Certainly at least has more potential IMO. He has a more advanced handle and is a much more advanced passer. Baker is better defensively and has at least a better looking shot although his jumper hasn't really translated to NBA range. I think Mudiay needs to learn hwo to use his body more. He's built like a truck by pg standards but he rarely seeks contact. He needs to make his living at the line offensively IMO. Very crucial offseason for him coming up. I don't wanna write him off just yet.
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,166

Post#324 » by Context » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:32 pm

HEZI wrote:
Context wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Blame the Wizards not the Knicks. Can't expect the Knicks players to just lay down on their back in the middle of the court. Bradley Beal looking like THJ out there.

I dont blame the players... I blame whoever made the decision not to blow up the team when KP went down.

I hear you but it's not like we've been winning games though. Before yesterday we were like 3-14 since KP got hurt and really we had no business winning yesterday but the Wizards were just terrible. Even if we take out those wins we would still only be what, tied for 7th or 8th right now?

we would be 22-52 with NO CHANCE of winning any more- that would put us in 4th place and in excellent position to have a shot at #1...
There is no excuse for it- none- knick should have been sellers. And don't let me get into the other benefits of what the sell-of would have done for us...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,924

Post#325 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:

he would come back because he is under contract another season.

but i mean, even as a backup it's whatever.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,394

Post#326 » by dakomish23 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Mudiay had a nice stretch during the game. Showed some aggression instead of going through the motions.

We’d have to see that Mudiay 24/7 to make keeping that cap hold in 2019 a consideration.

Maybe not even then. Can’t see him getting paid more than his cap hold.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#327 » by shtolky » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Context wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Context wrote:I dont blame the players... I blame whoever made the decision not to blow up the team when KP went down.

I hear you but it's not like we've been winning games though. Before yesterday we were like 3-14 since KP got hurt and really we had no business winning yesterday but the Wizards were just terrible. Even if we take out those wins we would still only be what, tied for 7th or 8th right now?

we would be 22-52 with NO CHANCE of winning any more- that would put us in 4th place and in excellent position to have a shot at #1...
There is no excuse for it- none- knick should have been sellers. And don't let me get into the other benefits of what the sell-of would have done for us...

As the poster said above, it's not like the team has done much of anything since KP went down. 4-15 since he got hurt. That's a 17 win pace. The only reason we are even in the top 10 right now is because KP went down. In fact, we had been 1-16 in the first 17 games after KP went down. Only recently when we've played younger guys against garbage teams have we won some games. Those vets didn't do crap the first 17 games after KP got hurt. We have no idea if we could have dealt guys like Lee or Kanter, etc. Selling is nice in theory, but probably harder to actually achieve. Also, even if we literally lost every single game since KP went down we would be 23-51 which would place us tied for 6th. Sure, that's better than 9 no doubt, but it's highly unlikely we go 0-19 after KP goes down even if we tank hard like the Bulls are doing. Even they have won some games. The win against Charlotte we played Hicks, Williams, Frank, Burke, 20 min+. We would have beaten that Bulls team with D-leaguers. You should be happy we are even in a position for 9, because if KP was healthy, we would probably be 12th.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#328 » by HEZI » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:53 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Context wrote:I dont blame the players... I blame whoever made the decision not to blow up the team when KP went down.

You’re not going to lose them all, but those 4 wins move us from tied for 6th to 9th. Sucks b/c being in 5th would require losing out and one BKN win.

The wins are useless for this franchise, but the way Jeff is seeking them out is worse. Once again, he plants Frank on the bench in favor of a vet. This would be hilarious if it wasn’t so pathetic.

Ok but you acknowledged that you can't lose them all, so then you can't really complain if they don't. The only way we would be tied for 6th is if indeed we lost them all. Frank Ntilikina really doesn't make a difference here, lets be real about it. We blew out Charlotte because of that pathetic effort they brought with them to MSG, I mean the way they played they would have lost to a YMCA team. Washington was garbage yesterday. The only other two teams we beat is Orlando and Chicago and even if we played our 3rd stringers there is no guarantee we would have lost those games.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#329 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:56 pm

shtolky wrote:
Context wrote:
HEZI wrote:

As the poster said above, it's not like the team has done much of anything since KP went down. 4-15 since he got hurt. That's a 17 win pace. The only reason we are even in the top 10 right now is because KP went down. In fact, we had been 1-16 in the first 17 games after KP went down. Only recently when we've played younger guys against garbage teams have we won some games. Those vets didn't do crap the first 17 games after KP got hurt. We have no idea if we could have dealt guys like Lee or Kanter, etc. Selling is nice in theory, but probably harder to actually achieve. Also, even if we literally lost every single game since KP went down we would be 23-51 which would place us tied for 6th. Sure, that's better than 9 no doubt, but it's highly unlikely we go 0-19 after KP goes down even if we tank hard like the Bulls are doing. Even they have won some games. The win against Charlotte we played Hicks, Williams, Frank, Burke, 20 min+. We would have beaten that Bulls team with D-leaguers. You should be happy we are even in a position for 9, because if KP was healthy, we would probably be 12th.

It's a lot easier to live in fantasy land than in reality for some people :lol:
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,487

Post#330 » by Iron Mantis » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:01 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Mudiay is better than Baker. Certainly at least has more potential IMO. He has a more advanced handle and is a much more advanced passer. Baker is better defensively and has at least a better looking shot although his jumper hasn't really translated to NBA range. I think Mudiay needs to learn hwo to use his body more. He's built like a truck by pg standards but he rarely seeks contact. He needs to make his living at the line offensively IMO. Very crucial offseason for him coming up. I don't wanna write him off just yet.

Baker is still on the Knicks roster? :o
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,394

Post#331 » by dakomish23 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:04 pm

HEZI wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

You’re not going to lose them all, but those 4 wins move us from tied for 6th to 9th. Sucks b/c being in 5th would require losing out and one BKN win.

The wins are useless for this franchise, but the way Jeff is seeking them out is worse. Once again, he plants Frank on the bench in favor of a vet. This would be hilarious if it wasn’t so pathetic.

Ok but you acknowledged that you can't lose them all, so then you can't really complain if they don't. The only way we would be tied for 6th is if indeed we lost them all. Frank Ntilikina really doesn't make a difference here, lets be real about it. We blew out Charlotte because of that pathetic effort they brought with them to MSG, I mean the way they played they would have lost to a YMCA team. Washington was garbage yesterday. The only other two teams we beat is Orlando and Chicago and even if we played our 3rd stringers there is no guarantee we would have lost those games.

I’m not complaining. Just stating what could of been if they did.

Frank not playing is a problem for me and it has been since day one. It’s even worse that at this point Heffe still goes to the vet well to try to secure a W. That’s the problem with some of the wins we have, for me at least.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,103

Post#332 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:12 pm

We need to stop playing 90% of our vets and just start cycling through unheralded players like Kornet and Troy and yes, Mudiay. A lot of them are not going to pan out, but we should be seeking out the next Covington. Finding one or two of those players makes it worth it. We won't do it, but the Process worked for Philly.

Sorry, but Kanter has no long term future here. Hardaway, we know what he is. Not sure why he needs 20+ minutes a game. Lee, just sit. Noah, lol j/k j/k :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sunk cost. You guys get the idea.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,658

Post#333 » by shtolky » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:22 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Frank not playing is a problem for me and it has been since day one. It’s even worse that at this point Heffe still goes to the vet well to try to secure a W. That’s the problem with some of the wins we have, for me at least.

I think you have a point about the vets, but I think the vet thing is a bit misleading. Look at the four wins since KP went down. Against Orlando, Burke went off. He and Frank played 30 minutes each (they had the top two +/- that game). Charlotte they absolutely laid down against us and we played Hicks, Kornet, Burke, Frank, Williams all decent minutes. The Bulls we could have beaten with our worst lineup. Last night you definitely have a vet argument but it's not like they played THAT well. The young players, especially Burke, were better.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#334 » by Greenie » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:28 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Greenie wrote:Ime Udoka for coach.

I think he may be next in line in SA. He's been on Pops hip.

I noticed.
I’m scheming...
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,917

Post#335 » by F N 11 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:30 pm

Kanter signs agent. Please leave.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,924

Post#336 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:36 pm

K P 6 wrote:Kanter signs agent. Please leave.

perry after opt out finna be like

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#337 » by HEZI » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:37 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

It doesn't really bother me because I know we are gonna suck for a while. The young players are gonna get their opportunities over the next couple years. We're not going anywhere
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#338 » by Marty McFly » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:43 pm

Context wrote:
HEZI wrote:

the tank had to start at the start of the season, just like most of those other teams at the top of the draft. starting it post all star break was going to give this team way too much ground to cover in too short a time. there was just no way this team was going to run the table like that, barring signing a bunch of cab drivers to play.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#339 » by whocares1 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
shtolky wrote:
Context wrote:we would be 22-52 with NO CHANCE of winning any more- that would put us in 4th place and in excellent position to have a shot at #1...

It's a lot easier to live in fantasy land than in reality for some people :lol:

The dude that likes the Tim Hardaway signing is questioning other people's sanity. Jesus..
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#340 » by PeoplesChamp » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:00 pm

Jose7 wrote:Tim is BEST as a 6th man for next season.

He has 6th man written all over him.

Return to New York Knicks