ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks | Hornets PG: "Waffle Iversonnnnnn!!! ...When I started ballin' I was youuuunggg!!!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,177

Re: Knicks | Hornets PG: "Waffle Iversonnnnnn!!! ...When I started ballin' I was youuuunggg!!! 

Post#921 » by Kampuchea » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:17 pm

He is ranked #1 in the league, one day he’ll improve and be elite.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,861

Re: Knicks | Hornets PG: "Waffle Iversonnnnnn!!! ...When I started ballin' I was youuuunggg!!! 

Post#922 » by KnicksGod » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:24 pm

For the record, I don't think what Burke is doing is fake. If/when the Knicks get competitive, I think he's going to perform. I can see it in his eye.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#923 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:32 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Greenie wrote:Image

:lol: You're banging KP and Frank about their defense is comical considering your stanning for Melo all these years.

both of them aren't elite defenders. that's really all she's saying. plus melo is on one of the top defensive teams in the NBA

and you contradicting yourself cause you out here stanning for bums like beasley and kanter who aren't even good enough offensively to make up for their trash defense

Beasley and Kanter? :lol: Ok. What does that have to do with anything?

I'm still saying Frank and KP are excellent defensive players. Can they improve? Of course. This whole argument that Greenie started is all because she's butthurt about Melo. She's the biggest troll on this forum.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#924 » by Polk377 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:37 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

:lol: You're banging KP and Frank about their defense is comical considering your stanning for Melo all these years.

both of them aren't elite defenders. that's really all she's saying. plus melo is on one of the top defensive teams in the NBA

and you contradicting yourself cause you out here stanning for bums like beasley and kanter who aren't even good enough offensively to make up for their trash defense

Beasley and Kanter? Ok. So what? I'm still saying Frank and KP are excellent defensive players. Can they improve? Of course. This whole argument that Greenie started is all because she's butthurt about Melo. She's the biggest troll on this forum.

Nah. I have had my ups and downs with Greenie on here but I don't think she is purposely trolling. I think this whole argument is being blown out of proportion.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#925 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:38 pm

Polk377 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:both of them aren't elite defenders. that's really all she's saying. plus melo is on one of the top defensive teams in the NBA

Beasley and Kanter? Ok. So what? I'm still saying Frank and KP are excellent defensive players. Can they improve? Of course. This whole argument that Greenie started is all because she's butthurt about Melo. She's the biggest troll on this forum.

Nah. I have had my ups and downs with Greenie on here but I don't think she is purposely trolling. I think this whole argument is being blown out of proportion.

PIcks fights for no good reason? Can you at least go with that? :lol:

She's a perfect example of where a little knowledge is dangerous.
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Polk377
General Manager

Post#926 » by Polk377 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:40 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Like I said, we have had our fights on here for sure lol. I don't think she is on the level of Mr. Perfect aka MP4life though.
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#927 » by Kampuchea » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:44 pm

god shammgod wrote:i think when a guy is really a great defender, you don't need to convince anyone of it. it's obvious to everyone. when you watch the guys who are known for that, nobody denies it. because they can't. he might be excelling in some areas according to stats (a stat that has westbrook and curry in the top 10 so...) but i wouldn't say he's reached that point. nor should he in first year probably. you have people going hard at him because his first year has been somewhat disappointing. and you have people who are trying to find the positives in the hope that we made a good pick after all. it's too early to really know either way.

Can’t agree with this. Realgm Knicks lives off of people denying things that are obvious.

If people watch and understand the game, his elite long D is staring you hard in the face.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#928 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:46 pm

Polk377 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

Like I said, we have had our fights on here for sure lol. I don't think she is on the level of Mr. Perfect aka MP4life though.

She may not be on the level of Mr. Perfect, but who is? He was the perfect troll. 8-)

She draws too many lines in the sand. She's a habitual line drawer/stepper.

What's wrong with MP4life? I don't follow all his posts but from what I've seen, he okay.
POSTING POLICIES:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Post#929 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:49 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

She may not be on the level of Mr. Perfect, but who is? He was the perfect troll. 8-)

What's wrong with MP4life? I don't follow him all his posts but from what I've seen, he okay.

He's Mr Perfect...
:beer: RIP mags
Polk377
General Manager

Post#930 » by Polk377 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:52 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

What's wrong with MP4life? I don't follow him all his posts but from what I've seen, he okay.

Lol I can agree there are multiple lines drawn that are outlandish.

MP4Life IS Mr. Perfect!!! What do you think the MP stands for? Lol
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,161

Post#931 » by BBALLER4FR » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:53 pm

fatalogic wrote:
j4remi wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Refs have been calling him for some BS fouls though. When Frank correctly anticipates what the offensive player will do and gets to that position on the court first (before the offensive player does), the refs have been calling Frank for the block that was really just a good play (IMO). The refs don't seem used to his skill level.

I'm hoping it's just rookie treatment but man could he do with learning how to sell contact on both ends. The calls lately, especially in Charlotte, were really frustrating. Kid needs to sell calls like Kemba sold the elbow on that drive and dunk.

It's just rookie treatment. Remember how KP had foul trouble and this year it magically went away. Once you get a rep you get a lot of leeway. Kawhi Leonard is really good at defense but he does get away with a lot of stuff that they would call on other players. That's part of the reason that Lebron hates going against him, he is really good and Lebron can't get superstar calls against him.

Except in the case of KP the officials now watch as he gets the $#it beat out of him on the other end. It all comes out in the wash when you're a Knick (fan). Give a penny take a penny.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,612

Post#932 » by DE FENSE » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:56 pm

Sometimes I think Greenie works for RealGM with the amount of activity she generates. Don't know why people on here care what she thinks so much. I blocked her a few months ago and I still have to have her opinions shoved down my throat with you all constantly quoting/arguing with her.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Post#933 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:57 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
j4remi wrote:
I think maybe he means that Frank isn't as physical as most great defenders. He's all over his man but gives a bit more space (maybe for recovery?), was leading the league in deflections for a while and can switch and bother almost anyone with his length (Otto Porter couldn't shoot over him all night and had to rely on attacking him with power moves to middling results at best). But I wouldn't say he lacks intensity, just the physicality that you typically see.

Refs have been calling him for some BS fouls though. When Frank correctly anticipates what the offensive player will do and gets to that position on the court first (before the offensive player does), the refs have been calling Frank for the block that was really just a good play (IMO). The refs don't seem used to his skill level.

I don't know what it is but officials don't love his brand of defense enough to respect him and I can't see them suddenly giving him the benifit. Delabaloney for instance got mad respect from officials (at least enough not to foul out in 20 minutes) for his defense in his rookie year. Maybe it's because Frank's a Knick. But I can assure you, if he were a Celtic he'd be considered an elite defender by all player, refs and media in his rookie year.

That's called being a rookie and also called being on a bad team. Agree with your statements. I think he'll get more benefit after another year, and whenever (if) the Knicks (ever) get decent.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Post#934 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:58 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i think when a guy is really a great defender, you don't need to convince anyone of it. it's obvious to everyone. when you watch the guys who are known for that, nobody denies it. because they can't. he might be excelling in some areas according to stats (a stat that has westbrook and curry in the top 10 so...) but i wouldn't say he's reached that point. nor should he in first year probably. you have people going hard at him because his first year has been somewhat disappointing. and you have people who are trying to find the positives in the hope that we made a good pick after all. it's too early to really know either way.

Can’t agree with this. Realgm Knicks lives off of people denying things that are obvious.

If people watch and understand the game, his elite long D is staring you hard in the face.

Insertchrisboshgifhere
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,949

Post#935 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:02 pm

Polk377 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:

Lol I can agree there are multiple lines drawn that are outlandish.

MP4Life IS Mr. Perfect!!! What do you think the MP stands for? Lol

I thought I had a fan club...
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#936 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:19 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

What's wrong with MP4life? I don't follow all his posts but from what I've seen, he okay.

Noooo. Really? :lol: Then he's on his good behavior. He hasn't snipped at me yet. :lol:

How do you know this? I don't believe it. MP4life And1s me and responds to my posts. Mr. Perfect never did that.
POSTING POLICIES:
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#937 » by Kampuchea » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:25 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

Insertchrisboshgifhere

El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Post#938 » by El Poochio » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:31 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I'm still saying Frank and KP are excellent defensive players. Can they improve? Of course. This whole argument that Greenie started is all because she's butthurt about Melo. She's the biggest troll on this forum.

Call Greenie a troll again and I will reveal your identity to the world

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#939 » by Marty McFly » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:41 pm

Kampuchea wrote:

that's what she said.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,608

Post#940 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:41 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

cause you talkin bout stanning for melo like it's a bad thing when he is the 19th best scorer of all time (10 time all star), yet you stan for players like beasley n kanter who has accomplished nothing in their career and is trash defenders. so you aren't making any sense.

and aren't you the one who brought up melo in the first place? lol. you still talk about him like he's still on our team
she's not trolling at all. frank is not an elite defender right now. he has the potential to be one. but he isn't one right now. that was her point. it's that simple
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it

Return to New York Knicks