ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA Week 22 - Fight to the finish!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: Around the NBA Week 22 - Fight to the finish! 

Post#161 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:43 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Last night was actually one of Melo's better games this season, I didn't get the feel he was the 3rd option from the moments I did watch, speaking only on last night.

But this we're watching was known, Melo is older, his game wasn't gonna to age well, and he is best used as a 3rd or bench option.

That's not a bad place at this stage in his career.

His game is fine if he can hit at a higher clip. He’s actually pretty solid with his 3’s.

I didn’t watch last night(fell the hell out) but when I do watch at least half of Melo’s shots are 3’s. He’s spotting up more and playing off ball. That’s fine. More of that would be great.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#162 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:44 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:The Thunder are 0.5 from dropping to the 8th seed. Do the Clippers have a run in them to overtake the Thunder when the implosion happens?

The West is beyond tight.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#163 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:45 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:The tanking Bulls re-inserted their rookie...and low and behold, they WON! Knicks inch closer to getting the #8 worst record. They have a puncher's shot at #6 IF Nets and Kings win a few each. Doubtful but hopeful.

We’re going to win another game.

Damn. Where'd the rain clouds come from? :lol:

They’ve been here...
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#164 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:45 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:The Thunder are 0.5 from dropping to the 8th seed. Do the Clippers have a run in them to overtake the Thunder when the implosion happens?

The pelicans need to be the one concerned. I do want Denver to get in. they'd give a top seed at least a better outing.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#165 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:53 pm

Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Last night was actually one of Melo's better games this season, I didn't get the feel he was the 3rd option from the moments I did watch, speaking only on last night.

But this we're watching was known, Melo is older, his game wasn't gonna to age well, and he is best used as a 3rd or bench option.

His game is fine if he can hit at a higher clip. He’s actually pretty solid with his 3’s.

I didn’t watch last night(fell the hell out) but when I do watch at least half of Melo’s shots are 3’s. He’s spotting up more and playing off ball. That’s fine. More of that would be great.

That's what he should be doing exclusively to be honest. Imagine that role in a Houston uniform. Snipers everywhere.

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#166 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:56 pm

Is Houston for real? I know I've been fighting it nearly the whole season, thought they'd fall off. They haven't.

GS is still that team until proven otherwise, the only concern I have for them is the individual mental makeup. Those guys are volatile now, but I do think Durant did his thing just to get the night off...lol.

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#167 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:09 pm

Another thought nugget....

I had to really think back with a friend about LeBron breaking MJ's consecutive 10+ pt streak. We both felt that shyt wasn't impressive til we looked outside the box.

Lebron is virtually injury free, doesn't get tossed, and is mentally focused more than given credit for. When really thinking about it, that is a real feat.

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#168 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:09 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Is Houston for real? I know I've been fighting it nearly the whole season, thought they'd fall off. They haven't.

GS is still that team until proven otherwise, the only concern I have for them is the individual mental makeup. Those guys are volatile now, but I do think Durant did his thing just to get the night off...lol.

I mean, this goes back to Magic Mike D's Phoenix Suns. During the regular season, they look almost unbeatable then the post-season begins and the 3-ring circus goes away, the half court sets become more apparent and his teams run out of gas.

I think this is the ONE time, Mike's team has a legit shot to get to the Finals GS is a little banged up. San Antonio finally got old. OKC is too inconsistent. Utah might be one year too early.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#169 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:24 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:

That's what he should be doing exclusively to be honest. Imagine that role in a Houston uniform. Snipers everywhere.

I agree. I was happy to actually see his shots overall down while taking more 3’s after ASB. He would be a great fit in Hou. He’s also much better defensively as a PF. Not great but he can make a defensive play here and there. If he continues that and really embraces that full spot up shooter role he can really extend his career and continue climbing points ladder while getting himself a ring.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#170 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:27 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Is Houston for real? I know I've been fighting it nearly the whole season, thought they'd fall off. They haven't.

I don’t really trust Mike.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#171 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:28 pm

Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:

I agree. I was happy to actually see his shots overall down while taking more 3’s after ASB. He would be a great fit in Hou. He’s also much better defensively as a PF. Not great but he can make a defensive play here and there. If he continues that and really embraces that full spot up shooter role he can really extend his career and continue climbing points ladder while getting himself a ring.

It's real easy. Opt out, sign with Houston for a little less. get the ring.

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#172 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:31 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:

I mean, this goes back to Magic Mike D's Phoenix Suns. During the regular season, they look almost unbeatable then the post-season begins and the 3-ring circus goes away, the half court sets become more apparent and his teams run out of gas.

I think this is the ONE time, Mike's team has a legit shot to get to the Finals GS is a little banged up. San Antonio finally got old. OKC is too inconsistent. Utah might be one year too early.

That year against the Spurs when Nash got rocked and Amare got his dumb ass off the bench was there year imo.

I'm certainly ready to see this squad in the playoffs.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,977

Post#173 » by Capn'O » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:32 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Another thought nugget....

I had to really think back with a friend about LeBron breaking MJ's consecutive 10+ pt streak. We both felt that shyt wasn't impressive til we looked outside the box.

Lebron is virtually injury free, doesn't get tossed, and is mentally focused more than given credit for. When really thinking about it, that is a real feat.

That's the most unbelievable part to me. He's a throwback in how healthy he's been. Not a single early game injury. That's amazing.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#174 » by Capn'O » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:34 pm

Mike's got some decent defensive horses this year. If that group is collectively able to get over the hump that will be the reason.
BAF Clippers

Greenie
RealGM

Post#175 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:That's what he should be doing exclusively to be honest. Imagine that role in a Houston uniform. Snipers everywhere.

It's real easy. Opt out, sign with Houston for a little less. get the ring.

Little less?
:lol:

That’s up to him. I would simply follow Paul if I was him. I still don’t like Mike D as a playoff coach.

We will see.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#176 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:21 pm

Capn'O wrote:Mike's got some decent defensive horses this year. If that group is collectively able to get over the hump that will be the reason.

Doesn’t matter. All playoff teams do. Harden has to prove something too.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#177 » by Capn'O » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:02 pm

Greenie wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Mike's got some decent defensive horses this year. If that group is collectively able to get over the hump that will be the reason.

Doesn’t matter. All playoff teams do. Harden has to prove something too.

It's not a prediction but a statement. I do think they'll be able to score with Harden and Paul but they'll need to get playoff stops vs. the Warriors to have a shot. Hell, even against the Blazers.
BAF Clippers

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#178 » by Capn'O » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:03 pm

Meanwhile, look at **** San Antonio. They'll likely break their (19? year) streak of 50+ win game seasons (pace adjusted for the two shortened seasons) but they'll probably still be in the playoffs without Kawhi. Possibly even the 3 seed. Unbelievable.
BAF Clippers

Greenie
RealGM

Post#179 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:48 pm

Capn'O wrote:Meanwhile, look at **** San Antonio. They'll likely break their (19? year) streak of 50+ win game seasons (pace adjusted for the two shortened seasons) but they'll probably still be in the playoffs without Kawhi. Possibly even the 3 seed. Unbelievable.

When will we?
It doesn’t matter who’s down there. They win.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#180 » by Triple C » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Kawhi is spending more time in NY than San Antonio he's preparing for next year 8-)

Return to New York Knicks