ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks select Dayvon Curry at 9

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Knicks select Dayvon Curry at 9 

Post#1 » by sushibear » Wed Apr 4, 2018 9:58 pm

NBA 2K LEAGUE DRAFT

April 4, 2018

Dayvon Curry, age 21 from Virginia Beach, Virginia was selected by Knicks Gaming with the No. 9 overall pick in the 2018 NBA 2K League Draft. His gamer tag is G O O F Y 7 5 7.

The NBA 2K League — an organization cofounded by the NBA and Take-Two Interactive Software — held its inaugural draft at Madison Square Garden’s Hulu Theater in New York on Wednesday, and it got the official treatment, complete with ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski scooping the No. 1 overall pick before NBA commissioner Adam Silver announced Artreyo Boyd’s name at the podium:
Boyd, a 23-year-old Cleveland native, went first overall to Mavs Gaming — one of 17 2K League teams owned by NBA franchises — meaning Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will be his new boss.

And, yes, they get paid — more than G League players, in fact. Boyd and the other 16 first-round picks will earn a starting salary of $35,000, while NBA 2K League players selected in rounds two through six will make $32,000. There’s also a $1 million prize pool dispersed over the league’s three in-season tournaments and playoffs. On top of that, the 2K League will cover travel and housing costs as well as medical and retirement benefits for their players, who will take up residence in their host cities.

G League players, meanwhile, earn either $19,000 or $26,000, depending on which tier they’re assigned to. The NBA’s new collective bargaining agreement did allow for teams to sign a pair of two-way players to starting salaries of $75,000 in the G League and as much as $275,000 if they play in the NBA.

If you’re like me and have no concept of what a 2K League would look like, each draftee controls his own player, so five of the six team members play on the court together. In other words, Boyd will play as himself, better known as Dimez to 2K followers — a point guard he says has the handles and scoring acumen of Kyrie Irving crossed with the leadership and passing ability of Chris Paul.
“They call me the LeBron James of 2K because this year alone I’ve been to six out of eight finals, and out of the six we’ve been to, we’ve won four in a row,” Boyd told The Postgame prior to being drafted No. 1 overall. “They call me LeBron James because he always goes to the finals, no matter what.”

Boyd has something else in common with LeBron: He comes from humble beginnings in Northeast Ohio — East Cleveland, to be exact. Count his parents among those who were skeptical that all those hours spent playing video games would lead to a career, but Boyd erased all doubts when his team captured a $250,000 prize by winning the NBA All-Star Weekend Tournament Championship last year.

If the dollar figures are starting to sound a little crazy, there’s good reason for them. With the 2K League, the NBA is trying to capture a healthy portion of the expected 250 million viewers of esports gaming by 2020, when estimates peg the potential viewership of a title game at roughly 70 million.

I also have no idea what sort of viewership there is for a G League finals game, but I can assure you it’s a small fraction of that number. So, all you kids out there, the next time your parents tell you to stop playing video games and go outside to play, feel free to remind them that Dimez started playing NBA 2K in 2008 and has been playing video games steadily for a decade, so there’s work to do. I guess.

Lmfao I'm dead
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,009

Re: Knicks select Dayvon Curry at 9 

Post#2 » by Fury » Wed Apr 4, 2018 10:03 pm

Looks like we got Curry after all
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#3 » by Triple C » Wed Apr 4, 2018 10:12 pm

Damn, we should've picked Malik Smith Jr, phuck you Phil :D
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#4 » by xNewYorkMadex » Wed Apr 4, 2018 10:24 pm

I play 2k and was apart of the combine. But I seriously cant believe people watch other regular joe schmos play video games.

Not even surprised they get paid more than G-League players. No1 watches the G-League besides insane fans and family members of who is on the team. More people will tune in to watch the 2k league compared to the G-League.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#5 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Apr 4, 2018 11:31 pm

this is so stupid i can hardly believe it
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,323

Post#6 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Apr 4, 2018 11:53 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:this is so stupid i can hardly believe it

Lurking on RealGM reading insult threads is going to lose out to this new way to waste time.
ImageImageImage
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,519

Post#7 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Apr 4, 2018 11:56 pm

I really can't watch random ppl I don't know play video games just cause lol. If I'm watching it's either a walk through on how to beat something or reviews and seeing if I wanna buy it

Def not watching random ppl play 2k. Just gunna make we wanna play it and say **** the show lol
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#8 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Apr 4, 2018 11:57 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:I play 2k and was apart of the combine. But I seriously cant believe people watch other regular joe schmos play video games.

Not even surprised they get paid more than G-League players. No1 watches the G-League besides insane fans and family members of who is on the team. More people will tune in to watch the 2k league compared to the G-League.

just curious, how good are these guys?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,310

Post#9 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Apr 4, 2018 11:58 pm

Smdh
:beer: RIP mags
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,217

Post#10 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Apr 5, 2018 12:18 am

I've watched some esports before, but how the hell does this stack up against the real NBA?
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#11 » by poeman » Thu Apr 5, 2018 12:37 am

knicksh20b wrote:I've watched some esports before, but how the hell does this stack up against the real NBA?

we actually may have a shot at winning the title now?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,048

Post#12 » by DaGawd » Thu Apr 5, 2018 1:19 am

I was part of the combine too and didnt get drafted..probably because i didn't know you had to fill out a application before hand.. **** 2k
BaF
Washington Wizards
symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#13 » by symbiotic » Thu Apr 5, 2018 6:17 am

By the Knicks luck, it was more on the side of Eddy than Stephen.
symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#14 » by symbiotic » Thu Apr 5, 2018 6:18 am

Fury wrote:Looks like we got Curry after all

The curry that the Knicks ate was so tainted that it made the Knicks throw up.

They were vomiting a lot of Draft Picks.

By the time it was done, the janitor cleaned up years of draft picks.
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#15 » by Javier Acosta » Thu Apr 5, 2018 7:38 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:I really can't watch random ppl I don't know play video games just cause lol. If I'm watching it's either a walk through on how to beat something or reviews and seeing if I wanna buy it

Def not watching random ppl play 2k. Just gunna make we wanna play it and say **** the show lol

It must be better than watching the Knicks,,,
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#16 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Apr 5, 2018 8:52 am

That Dimez kid who was drafted #1 is an automatic bust. Just looking at him, you’ll be diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#17 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Apr 5, 2018 2:24 pm

This is insane. We got teachers out here making less than this.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#18 » by Polk377 » Thu Apr 5, 2018 5:12 pm

Everyone in the 2K community knew Dimez was going #1 overall. He is too good.

I play a lot of 2K but they lost me at the combine with terrible gameplay mechanics in that mode. The league would be better if you were using your MyPlayer in league play.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,048

Post#19 » by DaGawd » Thu Apr 5, 2018 5:17 pm

Polk377 wrote:Everyone in the 2K community knew Dimez was going #1 overall. He is too good.

I play a lot of 2K but they lost me at the combine with terrible gameplay mechanics in that mode. The league would be better if you were using your MyPlayer in league play.

Dimez lost a ranked game to ronnie 2k...kid is trash without his created player with multiple badges and cheesy animation dribbles/shot
BaF
Washington Wizards
SH0KASE
Junior
And1: 434

Post#20 » by SH0KASE » Thu Apr 5, 2018 5:34 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
xNewYorkMadex wrote:I play 2k and was apart of the combine. But I seriously cant believe people watch other regular joe schmos play video games.

just curious, how good are these guys?

Honest opinion? They are not much better than your regular 2k player. What separates these guys that got drafted is that they have way more time and dedication to the game and they learned all the cheap animations and combos that exploit the game to their advantage.

I follow esports games like dota2 and counter strike and you can clearly and definitively see the huge gap in skill between pros and regular players. In 2k, I see no such difference.

One more thing, the current 2k18 game is very 1 dimensional. There is no variance, if you want to give youself best shot to win then you run 5 out offense and have the pg dribble cheese and abuse animation and pick to score or create.

This league will be a major fail if they don't drastically change the game to prioritize skill over exploitation of broken game mechanics.

Return to New York Knicks