ImageImageImageImageImage

Billboard outside MSG challenging LeBron James to join the Knicks

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,325

Re: Billboard goes up outside Madison Square Garden challenging LeBron James to join the Knicks. per ny daily news 

Post#61 » by Worst_to_First » Sat Apr 7, 2018 6:04 am

omerome wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
omerome wrote:Not a big deal to me. Why? We already know he's not coming. And if on the chance he does, we still won't be good. So that's exactly why he wouldn't in the first place.

The guy has ran from challenges since being in the league so if anything, that billboard is perfect lol.

The Knicks in fact would be a good team with Lebron James.

Good as in making the playoffs, sure. But not as title contenders and we won't have the cap space to outright sign him. And no team is doing is any favors by taking our crap contracts to make it happen.

So goodbye future picks and maybe Frank and/or KP.

Dangle Frank along with our 2018 and 2020 unprotected first round picks with Kanter's expiring contract to create the cap space. :lol:

When LeBron declines our offer, let's make an offer to Wade or entice Bosh or better yet Stat to come out of retirement.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Re: Billboard outside MSG challenging LeBron James to join the Knicks 

Post#62 » by King Ken » Sat Apr 7, 2018 7:01 am

Knicks will have to be very creative if they want to land LeBron.

1. Kanter opts out. This one is obvious. 18.6 mil.
2. Knicks have to free up at least one of O'Quinn, Baker, or Mudiay without taking any salary. This one is assuming the Knicks stay at #9, they need 3.1 mil in cap space. 4.5-4.2 mil - 3.1 mil. = 1.3-1.1 mil. Overall= 19.9-19.7 mil in cap space.
3. Work out an extension with Noah for 500k-1 mil. Release him where you will pay him 3.3 mil for 11 years and he's only 3.3 on your cap. 3.3 mil. 18,530,000-3.3= 15.2+19.9(19.7) = 35.1 - 35.3. LeBron's max is 35% of the cap. This should be easy to clear as you can always cut non-guarantee guys if you are slightly short. So yeah, NY could do it.

Is this enough to convince LeBron to come to NY?

Frank
Hardaway Jr
LBJ
KP
O'Quinn

I don't think so. I'll give this one zero odds. But if they land Carter Jr. which is possible. Maybe I'll see this differently and of course, Kanter's status.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#63 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Apr 7, 2018 7:40 am

Never thought I'd see stunts like that pulled in NYC. This city becoming more and more like just some other basic corny city in the US. Sad thing to see man.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,793

Post#64 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Apr 7, 2018 10:49 am

Maybe Wade will join the Knicks too!
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,793

Post#65 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Apr 7, 2018 10:50 am

And then Melo will opt out and join and the Knicks can have the Banana Boat team, or Retirement Scow or whatever it's called
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Re: Billboard goes up outside Madison Square Garden challenging LeBron James to join the Knicks. per ny daily news 

Post#66 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sat Apr 7, 2018 12:40 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Take that sh*t down. Cornballs.

This.

A lot of times, people with the most money are the biggest cornballs. Which isn't surprising because you have to be different to amass wealth.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,526

Post#67 » by Lord Commander » Sat Apr 7, 2018 1:04 pm

This is the biggest embarrassment ever. Damn near close to The Blueprint joke. If you know there’s a snowball’s chance in hell of him coming here, why beg? Fuq LeBron. The hate is mutual, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#68 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Apr 7, 2018 1:45 pm

What cracks me up...Lebron clowned Donnie Walsh and the Knicks once already...then he continues to troll the Knicks about Phil Jackson (and that's warranted)...but how DESPERATE can the Knicks be, spending all that mad $$$$$$$$$$$. Money would have been better spent throwing it out a window on 34th street.
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#69 » by Javier Acosta » Sat Apr 7, 2018 1:55 pm

Lord Commander wrote:This is the biggest embarrassment ever. Damn near close to The Blueprint joke. If you know there’s a snowball’s chance in hell of him coming here, why beg? Fuq LeBron. The hate is mutual, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Well if he cannot win over what is coming out West he will look for other ways to boost his ego.

AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#70 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sat Apr 7, 2018 7:01 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:What cracks me up...Lebron clowned Donnie Walsh and the Knicks once already...then he continues to troll the Knicks about Phil Jackson (and that's warranted)...but how DESPERATE can the Knicks be, spending all that mad $$$$$$$$$$$. Money would have been better spent throwing it out a window on 34th street.

To be fair the Knicks have nothing to do with this.
#MKGA

Return to New York Knicks