ImageImageImageImageImage

PG THREAD: Dawn of a New Era

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,598

Re: PG THREAD: Dawn of a New Era 

Post#201 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 7, 2018 7:00 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
seren wrote:Imagine Dotson played all year as he should have. Imagine if we never gave that ridiculous contract to Hardaway JR. Imagine Jack was never a Knick and we had Frank starting along Burke all season.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#202 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Apr 8, 2018 2:07 am

Da ThRONe wrote:
So Steph Curry, Damian Lillard, Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker, and Isaiah Thomas all aren't pg because they can carry their respective teams as a scorers. And of that list guess where Burke ranks in assist percentage this year? I'll give you a clue it's 1st by a wide margin.

Please, Don’t even compare a journeyman like Burke to those All-stars. By the way, how’d Burke do tonight? Nothing special. Here’s why, defenders know you need to close off the basket and force him to take long jump shots. He has no 3-point shot, something most of the guys you put on the list do.

Typical Knicks fan...take anything and confuse a player for a diamond in the rough when it’s fool’s gold.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#203 » by robillionaire » Sun Apr 8, 2018 2:12 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:
He has no 3-point shot, something most of the guys you put on the list do.

His percentages from 3 aren't abysmal or anything. 44.3% last season, 41.8% in the g-league this year and 37.4% on the knicks this year
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#204 » by nyczlegacy » Sun Apr 8, 2018 2:15 am

knicks fans comparing our d league journymen scrubs to all time greats?

nothing new to see here ROFL

remember when we said channing frye was the 2nd coming of tim duncan
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#205 » by mugzi » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:40 am

Guy that narrated the Mudiay video had a voice more mechanical than a robot. :lol:

For real let Booty-a ride out his contract and don't resign him. Dude is Shump 2.0
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#206 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Apr 8, 2018 2:08 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:
So Steph Curry, Damian Lillard, Kyrie Irving, Kemba Walker, and Isaiah Thomas all aren't pg because they can carry their respective teams as a scorers. And of that list guess where Burke ranks in assist percentage this year? I'll give you a clue it's 1st by a wide margin.

Please, Don’t even compare a journeyman like Burke to those All-stars. By the way, how’d Burke do tonight? Nothing special. Here’s why, defenders know you need to close off the basket and force him to take long jump shots. He has no 3-point shot, something most of the guys you put on the list do.

Typical Knicks fan...take anything and confuse a player for a diamond in the rough when it’s fool’s gold.

Since when is shooting high 30's to low 40's from 3 point land having no 3 point shot?? :noway:
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#207 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Apr 8, 2018 2:15 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:Since when is shooting high 30's to low 40's from 3 point land having no 3 point shot?? :noway:

Guys...Trey Burke at HIS BEST, averaged 1.6 3-pointers made every 4.8 attempts/game. That was his rookie season FOUR seasons ago.

Again, you DARE compare Trey Burke to some of the greatest players in NBA history like Steph Curry?!?!

STOP...just STOP already.

He's a nice stop gap. Top flight organizations like Utah don't hastily dump players...Washington Wizards, I'll give you that.

Again, he's an incredible athletic talent but keep in mind, the Knicks are an ATROCIOUSLY BAD TEAM. Opposition is just toying with the Knicks...if Trey Burke played in a meaningful game, the opposition would see these flaws and exploit them.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#208 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Apr 8, 2018 2:45 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:Since when is shooting high 30's to low 40's from 3 point land having no 3 point shot?? :noway:

Guys...Trey Burke at HIS BEST, averaged 1.6 3-pointers made every 4.8 attempts/game. That was his rookie season FOUR seasons ago.

Again, you DARE compare Trey Burke to some of the greatest players in NBA history like Steph Curry?!?!

STOP...just STOP already.

He's a nice stop gap. Top flight organizations like Utah don't hastily dump players...Washington Wizards, I'll give you that.

Again, he's an incredible athletic talent but keep in mind, the Knicks are an ATROCIOUSLY BAD TEAM. Opposition is just toying with the Knicks...if Trey Burke played in a meaningful game, the opposition would see these flaws and exploit them.

Well first of all, i didn't realize you were living in the past on what T.Burke used to be and haven't noticed that he's made big changes in his personal/off court life which in return have changed his on court life. I'm going off of this new T.Burke and what he is as a player now and don't care about his past playing days with other teams which he's made clear that his off court life had a big effect to his basketball game.

Second of all, when did i compare him to any of the greatest players in history or S.Curry? I didn't and whoever did has mental issues.

I can't see the future as you can and how he'll be in meaningful games but i'm willing to wait until i actually see it before i play Mr Cleo...lol
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,147

Post#209 » by Fat Kat » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:06 pm

nyczlegacy wrote:knicks fans comparing our d league journymen scrubs to all time greats?

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1288524
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#210 » by nyczlegacy » Sun Apr 8, 2018 3:12 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
nyczlegacy wrote:knicks fans comparing our d league journymen scrubs to all time greats?

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1288524

what I can't make a troll thread for fun? nice try kid
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#211 » by Da ThRONe » Sun Apr 8, 2018 4:15 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:

Thomas was a journeyman not too many season ago and Walker didn't come into the league lightning things up. Had Charlotte given up on him like Utah did with Burke he might be in the same shoes. Also their talent/production levels doesn't matter as we are talking play style so you can't get away with moving the goal post like that I won't let you.

So Burke has one bad shooting night in 30+ games(where he still had 8 assist in 30mins) and now all of a sudden he's a bad player.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#212 » by Greenie » Sun Apr 8, 2018 5:52 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Winslow trying to get in Dotson’s head because Dot already a better version of his sorry ass.

Why KG?
Why?
:lol:

Return to New York Knicks