ImageImageImageImageImage

PG THREAD: Dawn of a New Era

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,623

Re: PG THREAD: Dawn of a New Era 

Post#121 » by Gravy » Sat Apr 7, 2018 3:43 am

I'm happy for Dotson but if he scores 4 pts tomorrow I'll be pissed. He got hot and the Heat weren't trying to guard anybody. Needs to show more consistency like Burke has been doing.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,487

Post#122 » by RHODEY » Sat Apr 7, 2018 3:51 am

Gravy wrote:I'm happy for Dotson but if he scores 4 pts tomorrow I'll be pissed. He got hot and the Heat weren't trying to guard anybody. Needs to show more consistency like Burke has been doing.

That's up to Jeff. You gotta let the kid play more than 4 minutes if you want him to score more than 4 points.
RealGM
And1: 39,218

Post#123 » by 2010 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:00 am

I told y'all goofy asses we wasn't gonna lose out our last 4 games.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,710

Post#124 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:03 am

The ball movement tonight was excellent. 33 assists.

Free Palestine
Gravy
Lead Assistant

Post#125 » by Gravy » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:03 am

RHODEY wrote:
Gravy wrote:I'm happy for Dotson but if he scores 4 pts tomorrow I'll be pissed. He got hot and the Heat weren't trying to guard anybody. Needs to show more consistency like Burke has been doing.

That's up to Jeff. You gotta let the kid play more than 4 minutes if you want him to score more than 4 points.

Yeah Jeff is frustrating. Probably the reason he got so much playing time is because Beasley went down 18 seconds in.

This just reminds me of one those Knicks games where no one can miss, then they go back to being bums the next game.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#126 » by Carl_Karlson » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:06 am

Jay10 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Every team that need to lose, lost. Except one. The Knicks.

Winning culchah

The Kings won.

They played the Grizzles though.

Glad Dot balled out but we needed this one. If we're slotted at 9 before the ping pong balls do their thing, you better believe we're ending up with 10
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#127 » by Adelheid » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:08 am

Gravy wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Yeah Jeff is frustrating. Probably the reason he got so much playing time is because Beasley went down 18 seconds in.

This just reminds me of one those Knicks games where no one can miss, then they go back to being bums the next game.

Knicks regular season is just like pre-season. Everyone is just being probed and tested.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#128 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:10 am

Gravy wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Beasley is a PF. Dotson is SG/SF. I don't think one had anything to do with the other. Give Dotson and the Knicks staff credit for both continuing to work on his development. We might not like the way the staff allots game minutes, but the important thing is the work being put in on off days and practices.
Free Palestine
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#129 » by MP4LIFE » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:21 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
well it what it is then. Like how are we cursed because a bunch of young players wanted to play hard. Do people believe in voodoo or something?. Is wishing that the Knicks would lose was supposed to make them lose to night? Was Frank supposed to have more TOs than dimes cause we wanted to lose. Was the Jazz unlucky when they fell to where they was at to pick Mitchell? was we Unlucky when we picked KP at 4 instead of Russell or OK4. The quicker people accept that you NEVER have control over a game...all the wishing and hoping would be easier to swallow when you lose. People Hope and Pray to much...and thats why people are always crashing when it dont work out. I feel nothing about this lost at all. Have not watched a Knick game in full since the All Star Break.

i think its just peoples way of dealing with things. Just like we haven't moved up in the lottery since Ewing.

I think the word would probably be "snake bitten"

and you are correct we could be really in a whole lot of **** if we picked OK4 or Russell so anything can really happen. But its not like we have had a lot of success in recent history. Its just a combination of not really having a direction and not a lot of success that has fans on edge I would guess.

Brick by Brick. We don't have to hit a "home run" this year. We have a better chance of getting a higher pick next year than this year also. I went thru years and years for usually never having a draft pick so I am of the mindset having picks period are gravy. Knicks are building a good amount of depth if there is any silver lining to this season. So when we do get what we want, we will have a full house. I watch the sixers alot and what makes them so damn Dangerous is that the amount of Good DEPTH they have picked up around "The Process" They lost Emibiid and have not lost a step with a player that can't even shoot leading him and another top pick who plays off the bench. That team can come at you in waves. Best Depth in the NBA to me.

Whats scarier to me than anything is signing Kanter long term than picking @ 9th and what coach we gonna have next season :lol:

He coach doesn’t matter if the management is terrible, which it is.

For the record, though, I’ll bet my bottom dollar it will be Mark Jax.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,974

Post#130 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:22 am

they were supposed to throw the game?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#131 » by Kinglee » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:25 am

How the backcourt looked? Didn't watch the game
Gravy
Lead Assistant

Post#132 » by Gravy » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:29 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:they were supposed to throw the game?

They were Supposed to figure out a combination of players that would lose the dam game:
Mudiay
Hicks
Towel Boy
Beer vendor
Rebecca
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#133 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:32 am

Free Palestine
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,307

Post#134 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:43 am

Dantares wrote:
N Y K wrote:just pick trae and let this season officially end... i give up

trae is the worst fit next to trey burke. one of them would be relegated to 15-20 minutes per game because that back court is way too small to play together.

:lol: it would be young and frank. Burke would be the backup as he should be.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#135 » by dakomish23 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:47 am

Jay10 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Sark wrote:Hernangomez with another 11/12 game in 20 minutes.

Dude will always put up numbers if you give him PT.

We just prefer the numbers coming from an older version who gets paid 10x as much.

The only reason he's playing is because Cody Zeller is out for the season with an injury, and Dwight can't play 48 minutes. When Zeller was available, Willy was getting 3 minutes a game.

Still doesn't change the fact that he couldn't beat Kyle or Kanter for minutes.

So a 2nd year player who’s still developing wasn’t as good as 2 solid big men who are in their primes?

Shocking

Have fun paying big money to multiple back up C’a
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#136 » by dakomish23 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:56 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Sark wrote:Hernangomez with another 11/12 game in 20 minutes.

We just prefer the numbers coming from an older version who gets paid 10x as much.

Are we seriously still pining over a dude who puts up an eye popping 11pts/12rbs on a lottery team where he looks like a half speed turtle stuck in the mud against opposing bench players? This is what we envisioned the future as? We miss him? :lol: Charlotte isn't even thrilled to have him but we reminisce? We deserve these decades.

It’s this type of mentality that makes the Knicks deserve these decades.

You have a young guy on a cheap deal that has shown some potential his rookie season. But because the team decided it was more important to play the more polished guy who’s been in the league 6 years longer, in an effort to win now instead of building for the future, you actually believe that it’s a good thing that we dumped him.

Knicks keep overpaying for role players and keep ignoring the goldmine that is the rookie scale.

Some fans love it, apparently.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Post#137 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat Apr 7, 2018 5:08 am

dakomish23 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Are we seriously still pining over a dude who puts up an eye popping 11pts/12rbs on a lottery team where he looks like a half speed turtle stuck in the mud against opposing bench players? This is what we envisioned the future as? We miss him? :lol: Charlotte isn't even thrilled to have him but we reminisce? We deserve these decades.

You have a young guy on a cheap deal that has shown some potential his rookie season. But because the team decided it was more important to play the more polished guy who’s been in the league 6 years longer, in an effort to win now instead of building for the future, you actually believe that it’s a good thing that we dumped him.

Knicks keep overpaying for role players and keep ignoring the goldmine that is the rookie scale.

His ceiling is super low, his effort was marginal and his defense was worse than Kanter's making it impossible to mask. Other than his price tag, what is there really to clamor about? It's weird - we keep hearing talk about getting more athletic, but somehow we got people getting sentimental for a Marc Gasol type minus the Marc Gasol talents. Why, other than his age and contract, should people give a damned about Hernangomez? Do we do the same for Jerian Grant? No. Why? Because we knew what he was and we damned sure knew he would do nothing to improve this team. Same goes for Willy. His greatest attribute was making KP feel at home. The only reason people are sentimental is because they got emotionally attached to a sub par big who puts up milk toast numbers on a lottery team against garbage minutes players. He never challenged a starter for the spot, not here and not in CHarlotte. So again, why does he hold such a special place in some hearts? Because Willy Hernangomez and the phrase "building for the future" belong nowhere near each other when his first few NBA season coaches on lottery teams see little to be impressed with.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,190

Post#138 » by Garbagelo » Sat Apr 7, 2018 5:27 am

isn't Dotson like one of the best 1 on 1 defenders in the league?

there was a stat floating around showing that he was holding his opponents to like 29% shooting
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#139 » by Worst_to_First » Sat Apr 7, 2018 5:48 am

dakomish23 wrote:
BBALLER4FR wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

At the very least we could have traded Willy when he had better value.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#140 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 7, 2018 6:05 am

Garbagelo wrote:isn't Dotson like one of the best 1 on 1 defenders in the league?

there was a stat running around showing that he was holding his opponents to like 29% shooting

Sample size must be too small to have any reliability because DD hasn't played that much this season. That said, he has the body and athleticism to be that good. He seems to work hard on the defensive end too. It would be great if he could be a big part of the rotation next season. Then we can trade Timmy. :D
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks