ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA - Fight to the Finish

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Re: Around The NBA - Fight to the Finish 

Post#21 » by Kinglee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:06 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Okc needs to lose against Memphis to get golden state in the first round. with curry out they can get past them

Impossible for them to lose that game
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#22 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Kinglee wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Okc needs to lose against Memphis to get golden state in the first round. with curry out they can get past them

unless they bench their starters. which I think they should imo
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#23 » by Kinglee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:56 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

Westbrook goin for the triple double. Not happening buddy.

They need to avoid New Orleans tho
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#24 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Kinglee wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

screw the triple double. he needs to worry about his team instead of stat padding.

i honestly think that okc can beat anyone if they play 100% on D. we seen these cats beat Houston on Saturday. they capable of beating the top teams if they wanted to
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#25 » by fatalogic » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:18 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:unless they bench their starters. which I think they should imo

screw the triple double. he needs to worry about his team instead of stat padding.

i honestly think that okc can beat anyone if they play 100% on D. we seen these cats beat Houston on Saturday. they capable of beating the top teams if they wanted to

I don't see them beating GSW in a 7 game series. I don't think GSW has really played all out at any time this year. Even against good teams they look like they are going through the motions. Everyone on that team has been coasting, that's why Steve Kerr lit them up last weak after that blow out loss.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,923

Post#26 » by god shammgod » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:29 pm

if curry misses the whole first round......then outside of houston, i think anyone can lose in the 1st depending on matchups. which is what makes the western playoffs so good.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#27 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:03 pm

If Kevin Durant is healthy, the Warriors destroy the OKC Thunder. The Thunder have no one who has the physical strength and passing of Draymond Green. When Melo struggles to maintain Durant's production, Westbrook is going to take over and make Paul George disappear.

Warriors in SIX.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#28 » by Marty McFly » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:25 pm

From reddit... Richard Jefferson on the RoY conversation.

Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#29 » by Billy Goat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Unless the writers are actually docking him for not being a true rookie, Simmons is the unquestioned ROY. That shouldnt even be debatable.
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#30 » by Kinglee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:46 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:If Kevin Durant is healthy, the Warriors destroy the OKC Thunder. The Thunder have no one who has the physical strength and passing of Draymond Green. When Melo struggles to maintain Durant's production, Westbrook is going to take over and make Paul George disappear.

Warriors in SIX.

Physical strength of Draymond Green? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#31 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:04 pm

fatalogic wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

I don't see them beating GSW in a 7 game series. I don't think GSW has really played all out at any time this year. Even against good teams they look like they are going through the motions. Everyone on that team has been coasting, that's why Steve Kerr lit them up last weak after that blow out loss.

we’ll see I guess
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#32 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Get me my Vegas bookie. Philly is headed to the ECF. I would love it if they went to the Finals. It would swear some feces on Silver's face for not balancing out the NBA.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#33 » by seren » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:26 pm

So the final Western conference spot comes down to Minny Denver game and BSPN is showing an irrelevant game instead? Are these guys stupid or what?
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#34 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:37 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:unless they bench their starters. which I think they should imo

If they still had Roberson they would win the West IMO. Something is up with the Warriors... I don't know what it is but this can't be explained by them just "not caring". There's a disconnect in there somewhere...Maybe Durant is just that good that if he turns it on they'll make the finals anyway but they don't look good right now.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#35 » by xNewYorkMadex » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:12 pm

I dont understand why people all of a sudden are trying to discredit Ben Simmons and his validity of being a rookie.

Blake Griffin was a unanimous rookie of the yr winner and he also sat out his rookie season due to injury. There wasnt any controversy or outrage back then, not sure why its now all of a sudden a conversation.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#36 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:37 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

If they still had Roberson they would win the West IMO. Something is up with the Warriors... I don't know what it is but this can't be explained by them just "not caring". There's a disconnect in there somewhere...Maybe Durant is just that good that if he turns it on they'll make the finals anyway but they don't look good right now.

yeah i think with roberson they would win the west too. such bad luck for OKC...

im not sure whats going on with golden state either. i just hope they lose. playoffs need to be interesting this year lol
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,032

Post#37 » by Capn'O » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:16 pm

Detroit needs to move on from SVG imo.

On ROY: Mitchell gave a good challenge to Ben but he came on super strong to end the year and deserves ROY. I have no issue with him being eligible. RJ's other points are valid though. Mitchell has had an incredible rookie year.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#38 » by ChaosHamster » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:07 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:I dont understand why people all of a sudden are trying to discredit Ben Simmons and his validity of being a rookie.

Blake Griffin was a unanimous rookie of the yr winner and he also sat out his rookie season due to injury. There wasnt any controversy or outrage back then, not sure why its now all of a sudden a conversation.

Because Griffin didn't have much of a competition.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#39 » by ChaosHamster » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:12 pm

Its very close. But I think Simmons will win it at the end.

This last stretch without Embiid, when they won 5 in a row (played garbage teams in 4 of these games, but still), will definitely be on voters minds.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#40 » by xNewYorkMadex » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:21 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
xNewYorkMadex wrote:I dont understand why people all of a sudden are trying to discredit Ben Simmons and his validity of being a rookie.

Because Griffin didn't have much of a competition.

I mean, Wall averaged 16/5/8. And Bookie had 14/9. Those are 2 very solid rookie campaigns.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015

Return to New York Knicks