ImageImageImageImageImage

NY Post interview with Trey Burke

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Re: NY Post interview with Trey Burke 

Post#21 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Apr 9, 2018 3:19 pm

Seems like he had anger management issues and/or other emotional problems. Wanting to talk to a shrink?

I'm pulling for him. It explains why he needed a few years to put it all together. I'm not sure he's the starting PG on a contender yet. Haven't seen him play with KP yet. I like what I see but, I need to see it when he's given the job and not fighting for it. See if he can sustain the numbers and lead the team to wins.

Really smart move by Perry though. Burke/Williams/Jack are really good moves. Trading for Mud was an ok move. Stopping the Houston trade was brilliant.

Trading Billy was a poor decision IMO. Don't know if it was a bad move yet but, not happy with it at all. Dude was being a bitch but, so was Jeff. He did the same **** to Noah. I don't like how either situation was handled by the FO/HC.

Not trading Lee/KOQ were also questionable decisions.

Let's see what happens between now and September. Perry is on the clock in 3 days as far as I'm concerned.
:beer: RIP mags
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#22 » by Newyorknick94 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 3:19 pm

Greenie wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:Ah a pg. signed out of nowhere, who takes the league by storm in the middle of the season. Also a man of faith, leading us to wins.

Sounds familiar

Not really.
Burke is a former lotto pick.
Lin wasn’t even drafted.
Linsanity was also way bigger for whatever reason and only lasted about 3 weeks. Trey’s play seems a bit more sustainable in that he can score and take care of the ball. I can see about 16.5/6.4/1.3 on 46/37% moving forward for him.

Lol I said sounds familiar not sounds exactly the same
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#23 » by Greenie » Mon Apr 9, 2018 3:32 pm

Newyorknick94 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:Sounds familiar

Not really.
Lin wasn’t even drafted.
Linsanity was also way bigger for whatever reason and only lasted about 3 weeks. Trey’s play seems a bit more sustainable in that he can score and take care of the ball. I can see about 16.5/6.4/1.3 on 46/37% moving forward for him.

Lol I said sounds familiar not sounds exactly the same

Yeah, “sounds familiar”is code for we’ve seen this **** before.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#24 » by 2010 » Mon Apr 9, 2018 5:17 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
2010 wrote:
Kinglee wrote:Literally one of the ONLY two good things to come from this season.

What's the other one?

Development of Frank.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#25 » by Red Vines » Mon Apr 9, 2018 5:32 pm

Haven't heard him address it but I heard Burke used to play video games an excessive amount when he was in Utah. Found this from 2014:

TREY BURKE: One guilty pleasure I would say is video games. I think that's just because when I was a little kid, and I was stuck to the TV playing video games. But I think it's unhealthy how much I play video games.

SHAUNA LAKE: Even now?

TREY BURKE: Even now. I just have to cut it off and I don't know, watch TV or go to the gym or something like that, but I just love playing video games.

SHAUNA LAKE: Does it just take you out of your real life?

TREY BURKE: Yeah it just takes me away. I'm in control of a fake I don't know.

SHAUNA LAKE: Universe?

TREY BURKE: Exactly and people that's watching this that plays video games know what I'm talking about because it is fun. But then there are times it takes up a lot of your time. So I think that's a guilty pleasure of mine.

Maybe guys like KAT can get away with being up all night playing games but for guys more on the margin I bet it can ruin their preparation.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#26 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Apr 9, 2018 5:47 pm

Greenie wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:Ah a pg. signed out of nowhere, who takes the league by storm in the middle of the season. Also a man of faith, leading us to wins.

Sounds familiar

Not really.
Lin wasn’t even drafted.

You really don't know why it was bigger?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#27 » by NYKAL » Mon Apr 9, 2018 8:38 pm

Kinglee wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
2010 wrote:
What's the other one?

Development of Frank.

What he improved on? :lol:

this is just the eye test but, seems to me his shooting has improved along with his ability to drive to the basket and score. His offense is coming along, just isn't aggressive enough yet imo
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#28 » by Ignitowsky » Mon Apr 9, 2018 9:35 pm

NYKAL wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
Development of Frank.

this is just the eye test but, seems to me his shooting has improved along with his ability to drive to the basket and score. His offense is coming along, just isn't aggressive enough yet imo

This.

I was just saying the same thing to a friend last night. It was a play the other day where Frank passed up a layup in order to give the ball 2 a trailer in the paint. He just needs to be more aggressive. He needs to go to the rim like he owns it. I think that's going to come, and in looking at him it looks as if he's already gotten stronger over the course of the year. I think he's put on a bit of muscle. In 2 or 3 years this kid could be a tremendous two-way player
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#29 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 9, 2018 9:53 pm

Ignitowsky wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

This.

I was just saying the same thing to a friend last night. It was a play the other day where Frank passed up a layup in order to give the ball 2 a trailer in the paint. He just needs to be more aggressive. He needs to go to the rim like he owns it. I think that's going to come, and in looking at him it looks as if he's already gotten stronger over the course of the year. I think he's put on a bit of muscle. In 2 or 3 years this kid could be a tremendous two-way player

In 2 years Frank could dominate some nights. I believe with strength and experience his defense will scramble the offense of our opponents while his greatly improved offense will pour salt into the wound his defense creates.

If I recall correctly, most of our big runs earlier in the year had Frank on the floor. A great defender is a true +1 player that makes your teammates better.
ImageImageImage
Greenie
RealGM

Post#30 » by Greenie » Mon Apr 9, 2018 11:48 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Not really.
Lin wasn’t even drafted.

I’m keeping it cute.
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#31 » by Kinglee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:19 am

NYKAL wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
Development of Frank.

His shooting and scoring numbers are lower this month than it was last month. And I didn't know a player driving to the basket two times in 30 minutes show improvement, but I guess...I mean you do know this isn't the first time the guy played basketball, right?
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#32 » by br7knicks » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:45 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Not really.
Lin wasn’t even drafted.

i'd say linsanity was much bigger. my mom **** hates sports. loved watching lin. loved his happy-go-lucky, goofy attitude off the court.

worldwide, and to a much broader fanbase, lin was gigantic for sports
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#33 » by br7knicks » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:51 am

i hope burke sticks around and works out for the knicks. you need a guy with his skill. he still needs a lot of refinement and IQ help. the talent is there though.

i do like that he sought help for his mental well-being. between derozan, love, royce white, and now burke, i think it's less of a scarlet letter
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#34 » by NYKAL » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:00 pm

Kinglee wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
Kinglee wrote:

His shooting and scoring numbers are lower this month than it was last month. And I didn't know a player driving to the basket two times in 30 minutes show improvement, but I guess...I mean you do know this isn't the first time the guy played basketball, right?

1st off we are only 11 days into the month and it was just an opinion of what I've seen. If you see it different that's ok with me. The sarcasm was appreciated though :noway:
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#35 » by Kampuchea » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:16 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Not really.
Lin wasn’t even drafted.

Because Lin turned our season around, Burke isn’t good enough to do that
Greenie
RealGM

Post#36 » by Greenie » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Greenie wrote:Not really.
Lin wasn’t even drafted.

No.
Nice try though.

Also, Lin played with a much better roster

Tyson/Jeffries
Stat/Novak
Melo/Landry
Shumpert/JR
Lin/Bibby
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,979

Post#37 » by Besart19 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Greenie wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

No.
Nice try though.

Also, Lin played with a much better roster

Tyson/Jeffries
Stat/Novak
Melo/Landry
Shumpert/JR
Lin/Bibby

Plus, Lin had nothing to lose, while Burke lost almost everything at that point.
Strength and Honour!
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,979

Post#38 » by Besart19 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Mudiay
Russell
Hezonja
Winslow
Okafor

All can be had for 20M combined as our bench unit. If Okafor fails to perform here, too, I would go for Sabonis next year.

3rd stringers:

Baker
Dotson
Bonga
Williams
Hicks or Kornet

First team:

Burke
Frank
Doncic or Mikal
Randle or Jabari
Porzingis