ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Offseason

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Re: 2018 Offseason 

Post#41 » by Dantares » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Kings are the biggest threat to draft Mikal IMO. I don't think the bulls will reach that high. Cavs will take Sexton or trae young because they will need someone with the highest scoring potential to build around when LeBron leaves.

Best case scenario(besides winning lottery) is if we stay at 9 and sexton or trae young get picked before us, that may force Mikal to get pushed down all the way to 9. We may even have a choice between Carter and Mikal

Ayton
Bamba
Doncic
JJJ
Bagley
Porter
Sexton
Young
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#42 » by WargamesX » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Kinglee wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
I wrote that to you because you mentioned Wiggins coming off the bench :lol: That was a ridiculous comment. But I agree with your overall point of view lol. Just found that part to be a little crazy

:D ok I get it.

Like I look at him as JR with more potential.

They could still start Wiggin, but he's such a high volume chucker, they really need to have someone they could put in with Towns and Butler and can just shoot the open shot in order to keep him on a shorter leash. Wiggins off the bench could then shoot as much as he needs.

Can bring a max player off the bench, especially when he can be an elite defender, along with a good offensive game. Wiggins is a good player.

I'll give you credit about how a team can't justify bringing a max guy off the bench...... Lee could come off the bench to sub for Wiggins when he starts chucking. Like for Wiggins to improve he has to know he's got to get more under control, Especially when he is the 3rd best player on the team.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#43 » by Kinglee » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Why everyone so high on Bridges, not Miles either
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#44 » by WargamesX » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Kinglee wrote:Why everyone so high on Bridges, not Miles either

Defensive fit,

Funny story if Stackhouse becomes the coach I would be ok with them taking Miles since his game is similar to a young stackhouse......
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#45 » by Kinglee » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:05 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:

Defensive fit,

Funny story if Stackhouse becomes the coach I would be ok with them taking Miles since his game is similar to a young stackhouse......

Our team is trash as hell and y'all worrying about a "defensive fit" instead of best talent that doesn't interfere with KP? Lol
GnarlsOakley
Analyst
And1: 79

Post#46 » by GnarlsOakley » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:05 pm

Knicks need to make low-key moves in the same vein as KOQ when he first signed a few years ago. *I also hope the Knicks are able to re-sign Kyle at the right price b/c that dude should be part of our frontcourt rotation into perpetuity*

Here's our depth chart with the guys I'd like to see retained for the near future.

PG Ntilikina - Burke - Baker
SG Dotson - Hardaway Jr.
SF - Williams
PF - Thomas - Hicks
C O'Quinn - Kornet

Obviously the hole at PF will be filled by a 7'3 Latvian unicorn when he's fully-healed, but for now, let's treat roster -building as if we need a 4 and then KP coming back is icing on the proverbial cake

First and foremost, we need some versatility at the forward spots and in the fromcourt. Step 1 involves Kanter opting out and not being retained b/c he's completely antithetical to the modern NBA.

A few low-key names I've heard tossed around who fit the bill would be Kyle Anderson, Jerami Grant and Kevon Looney. Young and versatile role players who could easily be here for the next few years.

As far as guardplay, our backcourt has certainly benefited from a recent talent infusion, but we're pretty much stocked to the gills there. I love Frank for his absolute lockdown defense and for the fact that he could play at the 1 or 2 beside anyone in the league. Burke and THJ should both come off the bench & work some of that Michigan magic. Who TF knows what to do with Emmanuel Mudiay at this point? Courtney Lee is the consummate pro and teammate, but he gets paid too much to do exactly what homegrown Damyean Dotson can do for a fraction of the price. It's easy to toss around easy phrases like "Trade Lee for cap space" in all our dream off-season scenarios, but what team in their right mind would trade cap space for a dime-a-dozen SG on the wrong side of 30? Cut Courtney Lee & set him free.

Predicting the draft will be a total crapshoot, so I'll just say that I'd be ecstatic to get Mikal Bridges, and happy with any of Collin Sexton, Kevin Knox, Wendell Carter at #9, though obviously hoping we can crack the Top 3 to have a shot at Doncic or Jaren Jackson Jr. Not impressed with Miles Bridges, seems like fool's gold to me.

Depth chart, only including potential FA signings:

PG Ntilikina - Burke - Baker
SG Dotson - Hardaway Jr.
SF Anderson - Williams
PF Grant - Thomas - Hicks
C O'Quinn - Looney - Kornet

IR: Porzingis
WargamesX
General Manager

Post#47 » by WargamesX » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Kinglee wrote:
PorzinGAWD wrote:

Defensive fit,

Our team is trash as hell and y'all worrying about a "defensive fit" instead of best talent that doesn't interfere with KP? Lol

I'm talking Elite Defensive potential fit for Frank and KP. KP gets in foul trouble cause guys drive into him, Frank and Mikal could stop that. If they get Randle on the perimeter too to avoid KP guarding faster 4's there, KP could focus on his strength of Rim protection and would likely have more energy on the offensive side as well.

Knicks fans wanting Mikal is like wanting your team to draft a football O-Line Man in the first round. Its not flashy, but its what winning teams do.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,643

Post#48 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:00 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Sexton. I have officially given up on Mudiay.

i like that avatar. i'm going to use that with the players i coach - i'm the defensive coach of the varsity team at the school where i teach. that's awesome.

The defensive Gawd. Tony Allen. Chicago's finest.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#49 » by br7knicks » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:Sexton. I have officially given up on Mudiay.

i like that avatar. i'm going to use that with the players i coach - i'm the defensive coach of the varsity team at the school where i teach. that's awesome.

The defensive Gawd. Tony Allen. Chicago's finest.

the grindfather
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/

Return to New York Knicks