ImageImageImageImageImage

Who do you want as coach?

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, FrontOfficeEye, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

HC Search

JVG
17
16%
Fizzy Womack
9
9%
Jerry Stackhouse
34
32%
Blatt
15
14%
Mark Jackson
8
8%
Jay Wright
12
11%
Ettore Messina
4
4%
Mike Woodson
4
4%
Other
2
2%
 
Total votes: 105

alphad0gz
Analyst
Posts: 3,118
And1: 288
Joined: Oct 10, 2008

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#321 » by alphad0gz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:41 pm

David Blatt's NBA record is .700 overall. Lebron's is .623 Huh......
Jeff Van Gully
RealGM
Posts: 13,256
And1: 6,434
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
Location: Harlem
       

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#322 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:49 pm

alphad0gz wrote:David Blatt's NBA record is .700 overall. Lebron's is .623 Huh......


sample sizes
que sera sera
Jimmit79
Pro Prospect
Posts: 882
And1: 335
Joined: Mar 22, 2016
     

Re: RE: Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#323 » by Jimmit79 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:26 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:Majority of the fans here want Stackhouse...which is why we won't get Stackhouse.
:(
But I thought that's what Steve Perry was doing no?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Jimmit79
Pro Prospect
Posts: 882
And1: 335
Joined: Mar 22, 2016
     

Re: RE: Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#324 » by Jimmit79 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:27 pm

Red Vines wrote:I wonder how many unknown candidates are being interviewed, it could be someone not on our radar like when Hornacek was hired.
I heard the towel guy and herb williams were also being interviewed lol

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 52,388
And1: 17,191
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#325 » by GONYK » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:Majority of the fans here want Stackhouse...which is why we won't get Stackhouse.
:(
But I thought that's what Steve Perry was doing no?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

This messageboard is not the majority of fans

Stackhouse trails Jackson on the NYDN poll
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 25,028
And1: 10,690
Joined: Jul 12, 2009

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#326 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:45 pm

I heard Mark Jackson's secret fluffer is also being interviewed
..................................................................STABLE
Image
..................................................................GENIUS
User avatar
MP4LIFE
Analyst
Posts: 3,513
And1: 2,467
Joined: Jul 15, 2016
 

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#327 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:46 pm

GONYK wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:Majority of the fans here want Stackhouse...which is why we won't get Stackhouse.
:(
But I thought that's what Steve Perry was doing no?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

This messageboard is not the majority of fans

Stackhouse trails Jackson on the NYDN poll


Hence ‘fans here’

Most casual Knick fans listen to the opinions of Stephen A and Michael Rappaport.
Dolan's record as owner of NYK as of 4/6/18: 603-852
Kinglee
Veteran
Posts: 2,664
And1: 1,083
Joined: Feb 20, 2017

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#328 » by Kinglee » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:56 pm

What's Stackhouse track record? Why so many people want him? He never struck me as a genius or a high IQ ball player
DEF JAM RECORDINGS ARTIST

RAPPERS
1. J. Cole
2. DMX
3. Beanie Siegel
4. Rick Ross
5. Eve
6. Nelly

SINGERS
1. Alicia Keys
2. Justin Timberlake
3. Usher

GROUP(S)
1. Bone Thugs N Harmony

PRODUCERS
1. Swizz Beats
2. Young Metro
3. J. Cole
User avatar
MP4LIFE
Analyst
Posts: 3,513
And1: 2,467
Joined: Jul 15, 2016
 

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#329 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:18 pm

Kinglee wrote:What's Stackhouse track record? Why so many people want him? He never struck me as a genius or a high IQ ball player


They can't all be Kinglee, amirite?
Dolan's record as owner of NYK as of 4/6/18: 603-852
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 36,738
And1: 12,687
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#330 » by K P 6 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:27 pm

Kinglee wrote:What's Stackhouse track record? Why so many people want him? He never struck me as a genius or a high IQ ball player

He said in his own interview he would probably hate his playing style. He led his G league team to back to back Finals with good defense and team play. He’s credited for that bench mob who is winning games for the Raptors. A bunch of names you don’t know playing like they have been playing together for years. That’s all I know. Who do you want ?
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 22,425
And1: 2,852
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Kurt Rhombus is managing the defense...
       

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#331 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:30 pm

Kinglee wrote:What's Stackhouse track record? Why so many people want him? He never struck me as a genius or a high IQ ball player


Big name player who had some success in a lesser coaching gig. Basically just a flavor of the month if you ask me.

I am fairly confident we are getting a guy with some legit coaching experience. We had Fisher (rookie) and Jeff (a couple years, limited success). Fiz is a great coach in terms of getting effort from his guys. Fiz is the coach we all wish Mark Jackson was.

I will say that developmentally, we should hire J-Kidd for a couple seasons to tutor Frank. We don't need Kidd to win us any games. We just need him to unleash our mini-Freak.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
User avatar
KOA
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,076
And1: 59
Joined: Jan 31, 2005

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#332 » by KOA » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:32 pm

I honestly think Jason Kidd should be in the conversation here.
If we are talking about using next year as a stepping stone for developing young players, he is probably the best coach in the open market to help the Knicks.

Not to say he deserves all the credit, but there is no denying the strides that Milwaukee Bucks team made under Kidd's reigns.
- Kidd was the one who put Giannis into a PG roll which allowed him to flourish.
- Khris Middelton became a rising star
- Jabari Parker showed a lot of promise

I'd love to see what he can do with Trey and Frank (assuming Mudiay is no longer in the mix).
taker328
Sophomore
Posts: 229
And1: 108
Joined: Jun 25, 2014
   

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#333 » by taker328 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:33 pm

I think I’m leaning toward Blatt. Out of all candidates, isn’t he supposed to be the best offensive mind? Also he’s known for being a good defensive coach too. We get the best of both worlds with Blatt. While I’m only slightly worried about how he may relate with players, he’s had success everywhere he’s gone. I guarantee you if Blatt was an assistant we’d be coveting him right now, much like people on here covet Messina.
Kinglee
Veteran
Posts: 2,664
And1: 1,083
Joined: Feb 20, 2017

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#334 » by Kinglee » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:35 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Kinglee wrote:What's Stackhouse track record? Why so many people want him? He never struck me as a genius or a high IQ ball player

He said in his own interview he would probably hate his playing style. He led his G league team to back to back Finals with good defense and team play. He’s credited for that bench mob who is winning games for the Raptors. A bunch of names you don’t know playing like they have been playing together for years. That’s all I know. Who do you want ?


People aren't a fan of the guy I want. I want Mark. He had success as a coach. He stepped away for a few years and watched as a broadcaster. Seems like he's knowledgeable and aware of where the game is going. Just genuinely a good man with high character. Idc about what he did with Ezeli or none of that other crap.

I want Mark or just a new face in general. Tired of recycling coaches that been around the league. I don't want Fizzdale AT ALL, I'll settle for Blatt, but he doesn't really move me. I just want Jackson or a new face to go with a new team and a new direction.
DEF JAM RECORDINGS ARTIST

RAPPERS
1. J. Cole
2. DMX
3. Beanie Siegel
4. Rick Ross
5. Eve
6. Nelly

SINGERS
1. Alicia Keys
2. Justin Timberlake
3. Usher

GROUP(S)
1. Bone Thugs N Harmony

PRODUCERS
1. Swizz Beats
2. Young Metro
3. J. Cole
fatalogic
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,379
And1: 909
Joined: Apr 26, 2017
 

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#335 » by fatalogic » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:35 pm

KOA wrote:I honestly think Jason Kidd should be in the conversation here.
If we are talking about using next year as a stepping stone for developing young players, he is probably the best coach in the open market to help the Knicks.

Not to say he deserves all the credit, but there is no denying the strides that Milwaukee Bucks team made under Kidd's reigns.
- Kidd was the one who put Giannis into a PG roll which allowed him to flourish.
- Khris Middelton became a rising star
- Jabari Parker showed a lot of promise

I'd love to see what he can do with Trey and Frank (assuming Mudiay is no longer in the mix).

That's more of a consultant role like Steve Nash is in GSW.
Kinglee
Veteran
Posts: 2,664
And1: 1,083
Joined: Feb 20, 2017

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#336 » by Kinglee » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 pm

taker328 wrote:I think I’m leaning toward Blatt. Out of all candidates, isn’t he the best offensive mind? Also he has his teams play great defense too. We get the best of both worlds with Blatt. While I’m only slightly worried about how he may relate with players, he’s had success everywhere he’s gone. I guarantee you if Blatt was an assistant we’d be coveting him right now, much like people on here covet Messina.


Only thing about Blatt is when you have a player like Lebron, does a coach really make a difference? Dude was head and shoulders above the league a few years ago. How much credit do you really attribute to the coach
DEF JAM RECORDINGS ARTIST

RAPPERS
1. J. Cole
2. DMX
3. Beanie Siegel
4. Rick Ross
5. Eve
6. Nelly

SINGERS
1. Alicia Keys
2. Justin Timberlake
3. Usher

GROUP(S)
1. Bone Thugs N Harmony

PRODUCERS
1. Swizz Beats
2. Young Metro
3. J. Cole
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 27,731
And1: 9,710
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: I post for listeners, blunt heads, fly ladies & prisoners (Trey&Frank2K18)
     

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#337 » by Mecca » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 pm

MUST LISTEN

Lowe with Stackhouse.

I listen to the Lowe weekly and when this dropped, I was hooked on Stack. Ate his veggies in the G-League, developed players, relatable, young, respected by the entire league. GIMME STACK

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19959313
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Troy Williams | DFS
5 | JaVale McGee | Kevon Looney
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 36,738
And1: 12,687
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#338 » by K P 6 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:38 pm

Kinglee wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Kinglee wrote:What's Stackhouse track record? Why so many people want him? He never struck me as a genius or a high IQ ball player

He said in his own interview he would probably hate his playing style. He led his G league team to back to back Finals with good defense and team play. He’s credited for that bench mob who is winning games for the Raptors. A bunch of names you don’t know playing like they have been playing together for years. That’s all I know. Who do you want ?


People aren't a fan of the guy I want. I want Mark. He had success as a coach. He stepped away for a few years and watched as a broadcaster. Seems like he's knowledgeable and aware of where the game is going. Just genuinely a good man with high character. Idc about what he did with Ezeli or none of that other crap.

I want Mark or just a new face in general. Tired of recycling coaches that been around the league. I don't want Fizzdale AT ALL, I'll settle for Blatt, but he doesn't really move me. I just want Jackson or a new face to go with a new team and a new direction.

The reason why people are selecting Stack as well is because he’s good with layer development. Mark Jackson would of been fine after we fired Woody maybe. Right now it just doesn’t seem like the right situation for him. I just want to strike gold for once. Pop almost got fired in 99. You just never know. Need stability.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
FrontOfficeEye
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 45,365
And1: 23,614
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#339 » by FrontOfficeEye » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:40 pm

Kinglee wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Kinglee wrote:What's Stackhouse track record? Why so many people want him? He never struck me as a genius or a high IQ ball player

He said in his own interview he would probably hate his playing style. He led his G league team to back to back Finals with good defense and team play. He’s credited for that bench mob who is winning games for the Raptors. A bunch of names you don’t know playing like they have been playing together for years. That’s all I know. Who do you want ?


People aren't a fan of the guy I want. I want Mark. He had success as a coach. He stepped away for a few years and watched as a broadcaster. Seems like he's knowledgeable and aware of where the game is going. Just genuinely a good man with high character. Idc about what he did with Ezeli or none of that other crap.

I want Mark or just a new face in general. Tired of recycling coaches that been around the league. I don't want Fizzdale AT ALL, I'll settle for Blatt, but he doesn't really move me. I just want Jackson or a new face to go with a new team and a new direction.


They had success because of the talent, not because of actual coaching ability. On top of being a terrible coach, there's this --

Image

I will repeat this until I'm blue in the face. Under no circumstance should Mark Jackson be the coach of the Knicks. None. Honestly, I'd be surprised if he ever coaches in the NBA again, to be honest.
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 36,738
And1: 12,687
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#340 » by K P 6 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Mecca wrote:MUST LISTEN

Lowe with Stackhouse.

I listen to the Lowe weekly and when this dropped, I was hooked on Stack. Ate his veggies in the G-League, developed players, relatable, young, respected by the entire league. GIMME STACK

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=19959313

The best thing I got out of this is when him and Avery Johnson was arguing when he played for the Nets and someone came to stop it they both yelled at them to get out. I love the fact he has a strong personality. Sheed on the bench is just icing on the cake.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him

Return to New York Knicks