ImageImageImageImageImage

Who do you want as coach?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HC Search

JVG
16%
Fizzy Womack
9%
Jerry Stackhouse
32%
Blatt
14%
Mark Jackson
8%
Jay Wright
11%
Ettore Messina
4%
Mike Woodson
4%
Other
2%

Total votes: 106

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: Who do you want as coach? 

Post#421 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:26 am

JVG is a smoke screen. The Knicks ain’t interested.
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#422 » by NYKat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:12 am

UGH, now we're interviewing Kenny Smith?

These coaching candidates suck, not a fan of any of them
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,380

Post#423 » by drekwins » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:00 am

NYKat wrote:UGH, now we're interviewing Kenny Smith?

I'm not against Kenny Smith. I think he delivers his message clearly and effectively. Yet, I think he's not a push-over. He'll challenge guys. I also think he's intellgent and understands the modern game. I'm really not sure if Mark Jackson, JVG or Fizdale get it. All of them traditionally played two true slow bigs. I don't think that's wise in today's game. Perhaps, the Knicks are trying to interview guys that had success doing so because KP is so stern on playing the 4. However, it's at a detriment to the potential of the team.

On the other hand, they may be looking at guys who will teach the team to play intense defense. Traditionally, this would mean playing a phyiscal, strong 4 that can rebound (aka Kurt Thomas, Oakley, Mason, etc.). The issue for me is, I think that old school coaches/minds have a hard time understanding that a big 4 with limited lateral quickness is a huge disadvantage in 2018. Also, a smaller/more mobile 4 doesn't automatically mean that you're sacrificing rebounds. I think this is a big issue with Thibs in Minny. Considering that, I think that Kenny Smith is the most likely to adapt and play a modern lineup/scheme.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#424 » by EchelonNYK » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:25 am

NYKat wrote:UGH, now we're interviewing Kenny Smith?

This franchise continues to be a joke.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,305

Post#425 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:33 am

Kenny Smith?

come on man

there comes a point where dedicated fans will feel completely disrespected if you try to play the field too far and wide

Kenny is not a frigging coach

There's a reason we're taking Stack seriously. He went and did the ground work first.

If Kenny wants to coach, then roll up your damn sleeves and don't pretend you can jump from the broadcast booth into a HC position.

Complete BS
ImageImageImage
CowboyBebop
Starter
And1: 2,134

Post#426 » by CowboyBebop » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:47 am

The fans need to get angry enough to storm the castle and take Dolan out. So I vote we hire Isaiah Thomas.
CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#427 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:01 am

CowboyBebop wrote:The fans need to get angry enough to storm the castle and take Dolan out. So I vote we hire Isaiah Thomas.

Not sure about your reasoning. That sounds like pissed off HS students protesting the bad cafeteria food by eating shyt sandwiches
ImageImageImage
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#428 » by GONYK » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:10 am

Clyde_Style wrote:Kenny Smith?

come on man

there comes a point where dedicated fans will feel completely disrespected if you try to play the field too far and wide

There's a reason we're taking Stack seriously. He went and did the ground work first.

If Kenny wants to coach, then roll up your damn sleeves and don't pretend you can jump from the broadcast booth into a HC position.

Complete BS

I don't necessarily disagree, but that isn't too far from what Kerr did. Unless you think being a GM makes for coaching experience.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#429 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:28 am

GONYK wrote:

come on man

Complete BS

I don't necessarily disagree, but that isn't too far from what Kerr did. Unless you think being a GM makes for coaching experience.

Working in the front office does matter to some degree, though I wouldn't make Kerr the litmus test. Generally, my feeling is if you want to be an NBA HC you should typically get some coaching experience in another capacity first.
ImageImageImage
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#430 » by NYKat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:41 am

I think we are just legitimizing some candidates who otherwise wouldn't get a interview anywhere by some of the names in this list... (jackson, blatt, Woodson)...

That's all fine and dandy, help out your friends but they better not make a bullsh*t nepotism hire, or its business as usual at the garden
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#431 » by NYKAL » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:58 am

GONYK wrote:

come on man

Complete BS

Agreed. Other than being away from the game for a while, how is he different from Jason Kid or Marc Jackson? Not endorsing him but, it would be hilarious to hear Charles, Ernie and Shaq kill him if/when the team sucks.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#432 » by John Murdoch » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:13 pm

These Boomer and Gio dudes were going in on Mark Jackson dammmm . I never watch espn but it was on at work
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#433 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri May 4, 2018 7:58 am

We got Fizz! Celebrate!

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#434 » by Blockwatcher » Fri May 4, 2018 10:51 am

So nine people got their wish. Who voted for him? Go ahead give yourself a pat on the back
1 John 2 : 15-17

Return to New York Knicks