ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year 

Post#1 » by NYKHardKnock » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Where do y'all stand with Frank? I mean I was very optimistic when we drafted him a year ago, but once the season started he had more downs then ups. So the my thoughts on Frank changed. And I became a critic very easily. But from the half way mark to the ending of the season you can tell he switched the gear to another level. Which is very promising to block out the noise after a poor start for a teenager. I think Frank is going to be an excellent combo guard down the road and have a great NBA career. He's someone with more play time, years down the road with experience is that he'll only get better. I absolutely love what he brings to this team. His mid range is more consistent, he improved around the basket, and my God his defense is great.

Yeah we missed out on DSJ and Mitchell, but Frank is no slouch. I think we'd be best to draft Trae Young or Collin Sexton and have Frank as the 2 guard and we'll get the best out of him.

Very pleased and promising season from the 19 year old.

Can someone confirm Frank is now 6'6" and added 8 lbs?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,895

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#2 » by DaGawd » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:09 pm

I Think he'll end up being serviceable on a winning team. Not a star but a steady important piece to have on a good team
BaF
Washington Wizards
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#3 » by Fury » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:09 pm

Hmm. Were you on the list?
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#4 » by Marty McFly » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:16 pm

Sky is the limit for frank. If he were a Spurs prospect, I'd be sure that he has superstar potential. I still believe he can be a star, and one of, if not the most complete player in his draft class.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer
And1: 815

Post#5 » by Jonathan starks » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:40 pm

I wasn’t impressed tbh, but hopefully I’m wrong and those who love his game are right
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#6 » by Red Vines » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Do not think he's a franchise PG, think he can be a versatile bench player who is really important. People assume every year he'll just get better and better but rarely does it go like that, it's usually a lot of ups and downs.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,686

Post#7 » by shtolky » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Red Vines wrote:Do not think he's a franchise PG, think he can be a versatile bench player who is really important. People assume every year he'll just get better and better but rarely does it go like that, it's usually a lot of ups and downs.

And the least shocking Frank hot take award goes to....
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,486

Post#8 » by CharlesOakley » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:12 pm

I would still describe Frank's defensive ability as "untapped". My thinking is that a young kid who is so smart with his defensive positioning, angles, rotations etc., that there is no way he doesn't improve significantly over the next two or three years. His impact on the defensive side of the ball is substantial already. His shooting is only going to improve.

We need to stop pretending he is Shumpert 2.0. Shumpert had no work ethic and his rookie season defense was entirely due to athleticism and aggressiveness. Frank is just smart. He knows better than us what he needs to work on and is watching film right now.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,254

Post#9 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:16 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:I would still describe Frank's defensive ability as "untapped". My thinking is that a young kid who is so smart with his defensive positioning, angles, rotations etc., that there is no way he doesn't improve significantly over the next two or three years. His impact on the defensive side of the ball is substantial already. His shooting is only going to improve.

We need to stop pretending he is Shumpert 2.0. Shumpert had no work ethic and his rookie season defense was entirely due to athleticism and aggressiveness. Frank is just smart. He knows better than us what he needs to work on and is watching film right now.

Shump was busy making horror rap videos :lol:
ImageImageImage
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#10 » by fatalogic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:18 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:I would still describe Frank's defensive ability as "untapped". My thinking is that a young kid who is so smart with his defensive positioning, angles, rotations etc., that there is no way he doesn't improve significantly over the next two or three years. His impact on the defensive side of the ball is substantial already. His shooting is only going to improve.

I never understand the Shump comparison. I'd say Shump has more in common with Dodson than Frank.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#11 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Frank is going to be one of the top net positive players in the league when you combine his future all-world defense with a well-rounded offensive game and increasing role as a playmaker, besides becoming a professional pickpocket who might even one day average close to a block per game.
ImageImageImage
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#12 » by BKAY » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 pm

Im super high on him. Legit DPOY potential. Not that that will happen next year but its reasonable to think the kid has top tier elite defense potential (if not already there). I think his game is smooth and he's going to keep figuring out where he can get his points. His passing is at least good now and will only get better. Pretty much I think he is going to improve and be an impressive player who opposing players dont want to match up with.

I also think Frank is way more athletic than he gets credit for
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#13 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:25 pm

BKAY wrote:Im super high on him. Legit DPOY potential. Not that that will happen next year but its reasonable to think the kid has top tier elite defense potential (if not already there). I think his game is smooth and he's going to keep figuring out where he can get his points. His passing is at least good now and will only get better. Pretty much I think he is going to improve and be an impressive player who opposing players dont want to match up with.

I also think Frank is way more athletic than he gets credit for

:rocking:
ImageImageImage
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#14 » by EchelonNYK » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:30 pm

One of the two most unimpressive rookies drafted in the top 9 picks imo. Jonathan Isaac's play was also VERY underwhelming

Lacks explosiveness at the guard position, over passes, inconsistent shooting. Defense aside, he just doesn't excite me at all.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,984

Post#15 » by Capn'O » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:31 pm

Frank is gonna be good and some of you will need to deal.

Fury wrote:Hmm. Were you on the list?

Wat?! What kind of list is this?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#16 » by taj2133 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:32 pm

All i know is this next year is big year for frank.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#17 » by EchelonNYK » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Frank has to grow at least 5 more feet to become a legit DPOY contender. They take rebounding and blocks in consideration as well, not just steals and opponent shooting percentage.
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#18 » by Newyorknick94 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:44 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Frank has to grow at least 5 more feet to become a legit DPOY contender. They take rebounding and blocks in consideration as well, not just steals and opponent shooting percentage.

You want dude to be 11’6 is that even possible?
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#19 » by Newyorknick94 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Frank had a good rookie year defensively very underwhelming offensively but hard to judge because he wasn’t getting consistent mins he looked ok the last two games of the season. I’d like to see him put on some muscle and work on his handles this offseason I think he can be a Batum like player maybe even play the 3 depending how the roster shapes up this offseason and if he grows another inch or so.
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#20 » by Marty McFly » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:48 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Frank has to grow at least 5 more feet to become a legit DPOY contender. They take rebounding and blocks in consideration as well, not just steals and opponent shooting percentage.

not for the guards who've won it.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.

Return to New York Knicks