ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, FrontOfficeEye, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 25,028
And1: 10,690
Joined: Jul 12, 2009

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#121 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:09 pm

rajajackal wrote:idk why but frank is like my favorite knick in a long time. i got so much faith in the kid


Me too. He is the one I want to watch grow and flourish. I'm 100% behind Frank.
..................................................................STABLE
Image
..................................................................GENIUS
fatalogic
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,379
And1: 909
Joined: Apr 26, 2017
 

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#122 » by fatalogic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:11 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
j4remi wrote:
https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-frank-ntilikina-still-growing-2017-18-season/



The picture is included, I'd be curious to see new measurements taken but I think it's based on photographs right now.


whats funny is that a similar thing happened to giannis. Where I believe he came into the league at like 6'8 or 6'9 and they kept listing him at that height for a while when he was clearly 6'11 or 7 foot.

Frank might eventually get to 6'7 with those arms and his abhility to put on mustle...I see big things.


I think he grew a little, and was always a little taller than the typical NBA/North American 6'5". The whole "measured in sneakers vs not in Europe vs North American players. In draft pictures, Frank's 6'5" always looked taller/as tall as guys who measured 6'6" or 6'7". I'm convinced euro guys get measured without sneakers, it gets into their profile and stays, while for American guys, they get measured in sneakers and get 1.5 - 2" of height. Translation: Euro 6'5" = NBA 6' 6.5". Or, Frank is 6'6", 6'7" in shoes, which is how everyone else gets measured. I always point this out. Must be getting old. Even look at KP. Listed at 7'3" but he's SO much taller than guys listed at 7'1". I think KP is an "NBA" 7'4/7'5"

They do get measured without shoes. So on a nba floor he is just barely 6'7. That's why I look at miles bridges and I'm not liking him at the 3/4. Dude is 6'6 in shoes with a short wing span.
Juco24
Rookie
Posts: 1,247
And1: 638
Joined: Feb 12, 2013

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#123 » by Juco24 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
rajajackal wrote:idk why but frank is like my favorite knick in a long time. i got so much faith in the kid


Me too. He is the one I want to watch grow and flourish. I'm 100% behind Frank.


Ditto! He's my favorite player right now. Very humble young man with tough beginnings. He'll be fine!!
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,106
And1: 5,901
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#124 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:16 pm

fatalogic wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
whats funny is that a similar thing happened to giannis. Where I believe he came into the league at like 6'8 or 6'9 and they kept listing him at that height for a while when he was clearly 6'11 or 7 foot.

Frank might eventually get to 6'7 with those arms and his abhility to put on mustle...I see big things.


I think he grew a little, and was always a little taller than the typical NBA/North American 6'5". The whole "measured in sneakers vs not in Europe vs North American players. In draft pictures, Frank's 6'5" always looked taller/as tall as guys who measured 6'6" or 6'7". I'm convinced euro guys get measured without sneakers, it gets into their profile and stays, while for American guys, they get measured in sneakers and get 1.5 - 2" of height. Translation: Euro 6'5" = NBA 6' 6.5". Or, Frank is 6'6", 6'7" in shoes, which is how everyone else gets measured. I always point this out. Must be getting old. Even look at KP. Listed at 7'3" but he's SO much taller than guys listed at 7'1". I think KP is an "NBA" 7'4/7'5"

They do get measured without shoes. So on a nba floor he is just barely 6'7. That's why I look at miles bridges and I'm not liking him at the 3/4. Dude is 6'6 in shoes with a short wing span.


I don't really like Miles period as an NBA prospect. Dude has inefficient volume scorer written all over him.
A new era or error?
User avatar
ZKnicks
Junior
Posts: 258
And1: 182
Joined: Oct 09, 2014
     

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#125 » by ZKnicks » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:59 pm

rajajackal wrote:idk why but frank is like my favorite knick in a long time. i got so much faith in the kid



Likewise.
I think the kid has all the potential in the world.
Everyone needs to remember...he would have been a freshman in college this year. Once he fills out/gets stronger and gets comfortable with the NBA game, he's going to be a hell of a player.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 17,036
And1: 4,067
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#126 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Miles Bridges = Rodney Carney. I still take a shot on him though depending what’s available
Timberwolves: 6
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: T. Young/Gay/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter Jr/Gay/Afflalo/Anunoby
SG: Barton/Tyler Johnson /Afflalo
PG: Schroder/Barton/Barrea/Exum
Jeff Van Gully
RealGM
Posts: 13,256
And1: 6,434
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
Location: Harlem
       

Re: RE: Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#127 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:38 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Meat wrote:
GONYK wrote:His frame is going to pack on muscle. There isn't much doubt about that in my mind.

if the 76ers had drafted frank somehow and red-shirted him like they do their rookies, he would have come in the league looking like a tank. his clavicles are just begging for muscle


He has a great frame! Enviable frankly (pun intended).


he already gets up to dunk so easily. i just think about when he gets his man body. people gonna be in trouble when he sees the lane.
que sera sera
User avatar
Red Vines
RealGM
Posts: 33,113
And1: 8,052
Joined: Jun 26, 2005
Location: On Charlie V's toilet.
     

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#128 » by Red Vines » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:59 pm

THIS is getting up to dunk easily, Frank will not be this...ever.

Jeff Van Gully
RealGM
Posts: 13,256
And1: 6,434
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
Location: Harlem
       

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#129 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:09 pm

Red Vines wrote:THIS is getting up to dunk easily, Frank will not be this...ever.



first, seek help. i saw your little shrine.

but why are we comparing what people's dunks look like? nice hand movements, i guess. :dontknow: not sure what this has to do with the price of tea in china.

all i was talking about was frank's effortless rise to the cup. it's like a glide. he doesn't have to do much to be at the rim and putting it down. between his leap and his limbs, he's just there. so when his body develops some, his takes could be very interesting.

but, i get it. frank ain't schidt and ain't never gonna be schidt. and you have to be right about that. time will have to tell.
que sera sera
PeoplesChamp
Rookie
Posts: 1,234
And1: 775
Joined: Feb 22, 2016

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#130 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:28 pm

DSJ was the obvious choice, but, I'm not mad at having Frank. Phil and his damn triangle...

Frank will be a solid, steady, productive player for us. When is the last time the Knicks had that in the backcourt? This year's pick is critical to his and KP's careers.
User avatar
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,397
And1: 558
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Location: NY Born, now in Germany
       

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#131 » by earthmansurfer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Haven't read all the last few pages so excuse me if this was already said.

Is it no coincidence that Frank had back to back very good games against Cleveland after what Bron said earlier about taking DSJ over him? It is also late in the year and he is better, but, the obvious skipped me.
When 150 of the most powerful men the world can meet in secret in Baden Baden Germany, and plot the fate of billions, and nobody even cares about it. But 6 football players go to lunch together and it is in the headlines across the country... W. Cooper
User avatar
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,397
And1: 558
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Location: NY Born, now in Germany
       

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#132 » by earthmansurfer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:36 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:DSJ was the obvious choice, but, I'm not mad at having Frank. Phil and his damn triangle...

Frank will be a solid, steady, productive player for us. When is the last time the Knicks had that in the backcourt? This year's pick is critical to his and KP's careers.


Honestly, I still prefer Frank to DSJ. Defense in my mind is just sooo important now. I am really tired of one way players. When you can get a 2 way point guard in the NBA, which is a guards league, it really gives you an advantage. I know Frank is not there on offense yet, but I don't think the last two games were a fluke. He is a cerebral cat (Lebron said so 8-) ), smart player, VERY good defender (chance to be great DPOY), with a good shot. But he can't really create much yet.

Frank is really still growing. And he is like really young. That 1 year or so younger really is a big jump for many players. What he showed as an older HS senior essentially, is impressive. Kid has a bright future and might really amount to much much than a steady and productive player. Let him fill out, build up, get faster. If his offense even gets good, with his defense, uh oh.

DSJ can really bring it, but he can't play defense. He doesn't seem to be the type of PG that is making everyone around him better. But on the right team, yeah, he can be great and be a champion. But I want some D from my guard.
When 150 of the most powerful men the world can meet in secret in Baden Baden Germany, and plot the fate of billions, and nobody even cares about it. But 6 football players go to lunch together and it is in the headlines across the country... W. Cooper
seren
RealGM
Posts: 21,910
And1: 1,989
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#133 » by seren » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Mitchell is better than Frank. Everyone else will prove to be inferior to Frank in a year or two.
PeoplesChamp
Rookie
Posts: 1,234
And1: 775
Joined: Feb 22, 2016

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#134 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:DSJ was the obvious choice, but, I'm not mad at having Frank. Phil and his damn triangle...

Frank will be a solid, steady, productive player for us. When is the last time the Knicks had that in the backcourt? This year's pick is critical to his and KP's careers.


Honestly, I still prefer Frank to DSJ. Defense in my mind is just sooo important now. I am really tired of one way players. When you can get a 2 way point guard in the NBA, which is a guards league, it really gives you an advantage. I know Frank is not there on offense yet, but I don't think the last two games were a fluke. He is a cerebral cat (Lebron said so 8-) ), smart player, VERY good defender (chance to be great DPOY), with a good shot. But he can't really create much yet.

Frank is really still growing. And he is like really young. That 1 year or so younger really is a big jump for many players. What he showed as an older HS senior essentially, is impressive. Kid has a bright future and might really amount to much much than a steady and productive player. Let him fill out, build up, get faster. If his offense even gets good, with his defense, uh oh.

DSJ can really bring it, but he can't play defense. He doesn't seem to be the type of PG that is making everyone around him better. But on the right team, yeah, he can be great and be a champion. But I want some D from my guard.


That's what SHE said....Lol

The league is so offense oriented now. The reverse of how it used to be. And Frank doesn't seem like he'll be THAT dude on offense.
But, then again, if you put the right guys around him, he won't need to be. Whether or not Frank is ultimately a success depends on the team the front office builds around him. Hopefully Perry & Mills can get the job done there.
User avatar
Sark
RealGM
Posts: 13,017
And1: 7,494
Joined: Sep 21, 2010
Location: Location: Location:
 

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#135 » by Sark » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Monk got 5 points on that dunk. 2 for the bucket, and another 3 for having swag.
#Knickstank
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 25,028
And1: 10,690
Joined: Jul 12, 2009

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#136 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Red Vines wrote:THIS is getting up to dunk easily, Frank will not be this...ever.



and nobody cares except you
..................................................................STABLE
Image
..................................................................GENIUS
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 27,054
And1: 4,808
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#137 » by br7knicks » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:23 pm

j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Where, on this earth, have you read that he's 6'7? Maybe I'm misinformed... But I'd love to see this source


https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-frank-ntilikina-still-growing-2017-18-season/

A recent photo was posted by Knicks legend Allan Houston on his Twitter account, where he is standing beside Ntilikina. He then added a caption that states that he has noticed the 19-year-old already being taller than him, giving the idea that Ntilikina may have grown a few inches this season.

Ntilikina is officially listed at 6-foot-5, already making him one of the taller point guards in the NBA today. Houston, who stands 6-foot-6, appears to indeed be a tad bit shorter than him, which could mean the rookie may now be at 6-foot-7 today.

The possible increase in height may be considered not that big of a deal, but it could work to his advantage as he continues his journey in the NBA, making it easier for him to go up against the other point guards in the league. It also makes it easier for him to snatch rebounds, given the additional length he may now have.


The picture is included, I'd be curious to see new measurements taken but I think it's based on photographs right now.


wow. i stand corrected. i was under the impression he was still 6'5ish.
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 27,054
And1: 4,808
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#138 » by br7knicks » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:25 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Where, on this earth, have you read that he's 6'7? Maybe I'm misinformed... But I'd love to see this source


https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-frank-ntilikina-still-growing-2017-18-season/

A recent photo was posted by Knicks legend Allan Houston on his Twitter account, where he is standing beside Ntilikina. He then added a caption that states that he has noticed the 19-year-old already being taller than him, giving the idea that Ntilikina may have grown a few inches this season.

Ntilikina is officially listed at 6-foot-5, already making him one of the taller point guards in the NBA today. Houston, who stands 6-foot-6, appears to indeed be a tad bit shorter than him, which could mean the rookie may now be at 6-foot-7 today.

The possible increase in height may be considered not that big of a deal, but it could work to his advantage as he continues his journey in the NBA, making it easier for him to go up against the other point guards in the league. It also makes it easier for him to snatch rebounds, given the additional length he may now have.


The picture is included, I'd be curious to see new measurements taken but I think it's based on photographs right now.


whats funny is that a similar thing happened to giannis. Where I believe he came into the league at like 6'8 or 6'9 and they kept listing him at that height for a while when he was clearly 6'11 or 7 foot.

Frank might eventually get to 6'7 with those arms and his abhility to put on mustle...I see big things.

but what's the point? i remember the argument with durant about making sure he's not listed at 7'0 or something like that. or making sure he's not above 6'9, or something. but why over inflate height? to trade him?
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 25,028
And1: 10,690
Joined: Jul 12, 2009

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#139 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:26 pm

br7knicks wrote:
j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Where, on this earth, have you read that he's 6'7? Maybe I'm misinformed... But I'd love to see this source


https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-frank-ntilikina-still-growing-2017-18-season/

A recent photo was posted by Knicks legend Allan Houston on his Twitter account, where he is standing beside Ntilikina. He then added a caption that states that he has noticed the 19-year-old already being taller than him, giving the idea that Ntilikina may have grown a few inches this season.

Ntilikina is officially listed at 6-foot-5, already making him one of the taller point guards in the NBA today. Houston, who stands 6-foot-6, appears to indeed be a tad bit shorter than him, which could mean the rookie may now be at 6-foot-7 today.

The possible increase in height may be considered not that big of a deal, but it could work to his advantage as he continues his journey in the NBA, making it easier for him to go up against the other point guards in the league. It also makes it easier for him to snatch rebounds, given the additional length he may now have.


The picture is included, I'd be curious to see new measurements taken but I think it's based on photographs right now.


wow. i stand corrected. i was under the impression he was still 6'5ish.


Frank Ntilikina smiles quietly to himself as the Lilliputians debate his tres grande dimensions
..................................................................STABLE
Image
..................................................................GENIUS
User avatar
eagle54
Senior
Posts: 620
And1: 305
Joined: Sep 09, 2016
Location: France
     

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#140 » by eagle54 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:27 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
The league is so offense oriented now. The reverse of how it used to be. And Frank doesn't seem like he'll be THAT dude on offense.
But, then again, if you put the right guys around him, he won't need to be. Whether or not Frank is ultimately a success depends on the team the front office builds around him. Hopefully Perry & Mills can get the job done there.


Do you think warriors won without good Defense ? Klay Green and now even KD are very good defender too. Like you say, not a problem if frank is not a 25 ppg guy, KP and another guys could be the first option. Frank could be 3rd or 4th and with his mentality he can easily accept that so not future ego's war it's perfect for us to build.

Return to New York Knicks