ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#121 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:09 pm

rajajackal wrote:idk why but frank is like my favorite knick in a long time. i got so much faith in the kid

Me too. He is the one I want to watch grow and flourish. I'm 100% behind Frank.
ImageImageImage
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#122 » by fatalogic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:11 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
j4remi wrote:
https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-frank-ntilikina-still-growing-2017-18-season/

The picture is included, I'd be curious to see new measurements taken but I think it's based on photographs right now.

whats funny is that a similar thing happened to giannis. Where I believe he came into the league at like 6'8 or 6'9 and they kept listing him at that height for a while when he was clearly 6'11 or 7 foot.

Frank might eventually get to 6'7 with those arms and his abhility to put on mustle...I see big things.

I think he grew a little, and was always a little taller than the typical NBA/North American 6'5". The whole "measured in sneakers vs not in Europe vs North American players. In draft pictures, Frank's 6'5" always looked taller/as tall as guys who measured 6'6" or 6'7". I'm convinced euro guys get measured without sneakers, it gets into their profile and stays, while for American guys, they get measured in sneakers and get 1.5 - 2" of height. Translation: Euro 6'5" = NBA 6' 6.5". Or, Frank is 6'6", 6'7" in shoes, which is how everyone else gets measured. I always point this out. Must be getting old. Even look at KP. Listed at 7'3" but he's SO much taller than guys listed at 7'1". I think KP is an "NBA" 7'4/7'5"

They do get measured without shoes. So on a nba floor he is just barely 6'7. That's why I look at miles bridges and I'm not liking him at the 3/4. Dude is 6'6 in shoes with a short wing span.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,083

Post#123 » by Juco24 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
rajajackal wrote:idk why but frank is like my favorite knick in a long time. i got so much faith in the kid

Me too. He is the one I want to watch grow and flourish. I'm 100% behind Frank.

Ditto! He's my favorite player right now. Very humble young man with tough beginnings. He'll be fine!!
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#124 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:16 pm

fatalogic wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
whats funny is that a similar thing happened to giannis. Where I believe he came into the league at like 6'8 or 6'9 and they kept listing him at that height for a while when he was clearly 6'11 or 7 foot.

Frank might eventually get to 6'7 with those arms and his abhility to put on mustle...I see big things.

I think he grew a little, and was always a little taller than the typical NBA/North American 6'5". The whole "measured in sneakers vs not in Europe vs North American players. In draft pictures, Frank's 6'5" always looked taller/as tall as guys who measured 6'6" or 6'7". I'm convinced euro guys get measured without sneakers, it gets into their profile and stays, while for American guys, they get measured in sneakers and get 1.5 - 2" of height. Translation: Euro 6'5" = NBA 6' 6.5". Or, Frank is 6'6", 6'7" in shoes, which is how everyone else gets measured. I always point this out. Must be getting old. Even look at KP. Listed at 7'3" but he's SO much taller than guys listed at 7'1". I think KP is an "NBA" 7'4/7'5"

They do get measured without shoes. So on a nba floor he is just barely 6'7. That's why I look at miles bridges and I'm not liking him at the 3/4. Dude is 6'6 in shoes with a short wing span.

I don't really like Miles period as an NBA prospect. Dude has inefficient volume scorer written all over him.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
ZKnicks
Junior
And1: 276

Post#125 » by ZKnicks » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Likewise.
I think the kid has all the potential in the world.
Everyone needs to remember...he would have been a freshman in college this year. Once he fills out/gets stronger and gets comfortable with the NBA game, he's going to be a hell of a player.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#126 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Miles Bridges = Rodney Carney. I still take a shot on him though depending what’s available
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,681

Re: RE: Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#127 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:38 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Meat wrote:
GONYK wrote:His frame is going to pack on muscle. There isn't much doubt about that in my mind.

if the 76ers had drafted frank somehow and red-shirted him like they do their rookies, he would have come in the league looking like a tank. his clavicles are just begging for muscle

He has a great frame! Enviable frankly (pun intended).

he already gets up to dunk so easily. i just think about when he gets his man body. people gonna be in trouble when he sees the lane.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#128 » by Red Vines » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:59 pm

THIS is getting up to dunk easily, Frank will not be this...ever.

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,681

Post#129 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:09 pm

Red Vines wrote:THIS is getting up to dunk easily, Frank will not be this...ever.

first, seek help. i saw your little shrine.

but why are we comparing what people's dunks look like? nice hand movements, i guess. :dontknow: not sure what this has to do with the price of tea in china.

all i was talking about was frank's effortless rise to the cup. it's like a glide. he doesn't have to do much to be at the rim and putting it down. between his leap and his limbs, he's just there. so when his body develops some, his takes could be very interesting.

but, i get it. frank ain't schidt and ain't never gonna be schidt. and you have to be right about that. time will have to tell.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#130 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:28 pm

DSJ was the obvious choice, but, I'm not mad at having Frank. Phil and his damn triangle...

Frank will be a solid, steady, productive player for us. When is the last time the Knicks had that in the backcourt? This year's pick is critical to his and KP's careers.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#131 » by earthmansurfer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Haven't read all the last few pages so excuse me if this was already said.

Is it no coincidence that Frank had back to back very good games against Cleveland after what Bron said earlier about taking DSJ over him? It is also late in the year and he is better, but, the obvious skipped me.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#132 » by earthmansurfer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:36 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:DSJ was the obvious choice, but, I'm not mad at having Frank. Phil and his damn triangle...

Frank will be a solid, steady, productive player for us. When is the last time the Knicks had that in the backcourt? This year's pick is critical to his and KP's careers.

Honestly, I still prefer Frank to DSJ. Defense in my mind is just sooo important now. I am really tired of one way players. When you can get a 2 way point guard in the NBA, which is a guards league, it really gives you an advantage. I know Frank is not there on offense yet, but I don't think the last two games were a fluke. He is a cerebral cat (Lebron said so 8-) ), smart player, VERY good defender (chance to be great DPOY), with a good shot. But he can't really create much yet.

Frank is really still growing. And he is like really young. That 1 year or so younger really is a big jump for many players. What he showed as an older HS senior essentially, is impressive. Kid has a bright future and might really amount to much much than a steady and productive player. Let him fill out, build up, get faster. If his offense even gets good, with his defense, uh oh.

DSJ can really bring it, but he can't play defense. He doesn't seem to be the type of PG that is making everyone around him better. But on the right team, yeah, he can be great and be a champion. But I want some D from my guard.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#133 » by seren » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Mitchell is better than Frank. Everyone else will prove to be inferior to Frank in a year or two.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#134 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:DSJ was the obvious choice, but, I'm not mad at having Frank. Phil and his damn triangle...

Honestly, I still prefer Frank to DSJ. Defense in my mind is just sooo important now. I am really tired of one way players. When you can get a 2 way point guard in the NBA, which is a guards league, it really gives you an advantage. I know Frank is not there on offense yet, but I don't think the last two games were a fluke. He is a cerebral cat (Lebron said so 8-) ), smart player, VERY good defender (chance to be great DPOY), with a good shot. But he can't really create much yet.

Frank is really still growing. And he is like really young. That 1 year or so younger really is a big jump for many players. What he showed as an older HS senior essentially, is impressive. Kid has a bright future and might really amount to much much than a steady and productive player. Let him fill out, build up, get faster. If his offense even gets good, with his defense, uh oh.

DSJ can really bring it, but he can't play defense. He doesn't seem to be the type of PG that is making everyone around him better. But on the right team, yeah, he can be great and be a champion. But I want some D from my guard.

That's what SHE said....Lol

The league is so offense oriented now. The reverse of how it used to be. And Frank doesn't seem like he'll be THAT dude on offense.
But, then again, if you put the right guys around him, he won't need to be. Whether or not Frank is ultimately a success depends on the team the front office builds around him. Hopefully Perry & Mills can get the job done there.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#135 » by Sark » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Monk got 5 points on that dunk. 2 for the bucket, and another 3 for having swag.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#136 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Red Vines wrote:THIS is getting up to dunk easily, Frank will not be this...ever.

and nobody cares except you
ImageImageImage
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#137 » by br7knicks » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:23 pm

j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Where, on this earth, have you read that he's 6'7? Maybe I'm misinformed... But I'd love to see this source

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-frank-ntilikina-still-growing-2017-18-season/

A recent photo was posted by Knicks legend Allan Houston on his Twitter account, where he is standing beside Ntilikina. He then added a caption that states that he has noticed the 19-year-old already being taller than him, giving the idea that Ntilikina may have grown a few inches this season.

Ntilikina is officially listed at 6-foot-5, already making him one of the taller point guards in the NBA today. Houston, who stands 6-foot-6, appears to indeed be a tad bit shorter than him, which could mean the rookie may now be at 6-foot-7 today.

The possible increase in height may be considered not that big of a deal, but it could work to his advantage as he continues his journey in the NBA, making it easier for him to go up against the other point guards in the league. It also makes it easier for him to snatch rebounds, given the additional length he may now have.

The picture is included, I'd be curious to see new measurements taken but I think it's based on photographs right now.

wow. i stand corrected. i was under the impression he was still 6'5ish.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#138 » by br7knicks » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:25 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Where, on this earth, have you read that he's 6'7? Maybe I'm misinformed... But I'd love to see this source

A recent photo was posted by Knicks legend Allan Houston on his Twitter account, where he is standing beside Ntilikina. He then added a caption that states that he has noticed the 19-year-old already being taller than him, giving the idea that Ntilikina may have grown a few inches this season.

Ntilikina is officially listed at 6-foot-5, already making him one of the taller point guards in the NBA today. Houston, who stands 6-foot-6, appears to indeed be a tad bit shorter than him, which could mean the rookie may now be at 6-foot-7 today.

The possible increase in height may be considered not that big of a deal, but it could work to his advantage as he continues his journey in the NBA, making it easier for him to go up against the other point guards in the league. It also makes it easier for him to snatch rebounds, given the additional length he may now have.

but what's the point? i remember the argument with durant about making sure he's not listed at 7'0 or something like that. or making sure he's not above 6'9, or something. but why over inflate height? to trade him?
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#139 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:26 pm

br7knicks wrote:
j4remi wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

wow. i stand corrected. i was under the impression he was still 6'5ish.

Frank Ntilikina smiles quietly to himself as the Lilliputians debate his tres grande dimensions
ImageImageImage
eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#140 » by eagle54 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:27 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
The league is so offense oriented now. The reverse of how it used to be. And Frank doesn't seem like he'll be THAT dude on offense.
But, then again, if you put the right guys around him, he won't need to be. Whether or not Frank is ultimately a success depends on the team the front office builds around him. Hopefully Perry & Mills can get the job done there.

Do you think warriors won without good Defense ? Klay Green and now even KD are very good defender too. Like you say, not a problem if frank is not a 25 ppg guy, KP and another guys could be the first option. Frank could be 3rd or 4th and with his mentality he can easily accept that so not future ego's war it's perfect for us to build.

Return to New York Knicks