ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#201 » by fatalogic » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:25 pm

Did he go back to France yet? I know he said he wanted to see his family before resuming his training.
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#202 » by knickstape21 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Jrue Holiday playing his best ball ever right now at age 27, but let’s keep writing off 19 year old Frank Ntilikina..
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#203 » by levendis » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Kinglee wrote:
levendis wrote:Would love to see him do this across a full season next year.

April (5 games):

PPG: 10.0
RPG: 3.6
APG: 5.0
FG%: .407
3P%: .353
TS%: .463

I pray to he isn't that inefficient

That would be a sizeable bump to last years production and show he's getting better in his 2nd year in the league. Not asking for that to be the final product.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#204 » by earthmansurfer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:41 pm

levendis wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
levendis wrote:Would love to see him do this across a full season next year.

April (5 games):

PPG: 10.0
RPG: 3.6
APG: 5.0
FG%: .407
3P%: .353
TS%: .463

I pray to he isn't that inefficient

That would be a sizeable bump to last years production and show he's getting better in his 2nd year in the league. Not asking for that to be the final product.

He basically just finished his Senior Year of high school. Looking forward to our "rook" next year. I think the strength difference for Frank will be huge.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#205 » by HighRyzer83 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:43 pm

knickstape21 wrote:Jrue Holiday playing his best ball ever right now at age 27, but let’s keep writing off 19 year old Frank Ntilikina..

Im with you. Being patient should be part of drafting any 19 year old. At the same time I dont think it would have killed him to show a little more flair offensively. Most 19 year olds would kill for that green light.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#206 » by ChaosHamster » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:50 am

cbrickley603 I hope your enjoying your time off bcuz this offseason is the biggest offseason of your career‼️ It's not gonna be easy but if it was easy everyone would be successful ‼️WE GONNA GET BETTER‼️ I guarantee that @frank_ntilikina
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#207 » by TheBigBoss » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:48 am

ChaosHamster wrote:

cbrickley603 I hope your enjoying your time off bcuz this offseason is the biggest offseason of your career‼️ It's not gonna be easy but if it was easy everyone would be successful ‼️WE GONNA GET BETTER‼️ I guarantee that @frank_ntilikina

He looks like he is at a French strip club, this off-season is not off to a good start.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,495

Post#208 » by j4remi » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:40 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:

Beat me to sharing this...I'm hype for this combo working together.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#209 » by fatalogic » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:14 pm

I'm pretty sure he worked with Chris last off-season too.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,857

Post#210 » by Spree2Houston » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:29 pm

I think Knick Fans never had the luxury of having more than one young player to develop on the team. Most of the time the player is traded away in his 1st or 2nd year for a veteran. We're not use to this. For once, we need to stay patient and let the process follow through. I have faith in Frank because of his work ethic. He just gets IT. Seeing Jrue Holiday playing so well right now gives me hope of the type of player Frank will develop into. We just need to remain patient.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,586

Post#211 » by Meat » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:38 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:

his Micky mouse giant hands are grotesque and somehow godly
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#212 » by F N 11 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:59 pm

j4remi wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:

He's the guy who made CJ have all those finishes at the rim. He's definitely in good hands. DAMN he got some bis ol hands.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Post#213 » by a-French-Fan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:10 am

Few points come to me about this season for Franck:

- I think Franck needed to rest last summer. He had two pro years and had never been on holidays because of different junior french national teams. So he arrived tired in NYC after his finals, and this had consequences for his rookie season.
- Don't forget that he grew up in Strasbourg, and as a pro in Strasbourg he still lived at family home.
- I didn't understand Hornacek's ideas about him, but also about the 3 other point guards. Competition is good, but 4 PGs and not really a clear hierarchy, it could be disturbing for anyone.
- he proved he has level to play in NBA, but I don't think he showed all his potential, especially his offensive potential.

So I hope he can at least rest for few weeks this summer, and will play qualifying games for world cup with France. Few days with his former coach Collet, but also Diaw, Batum, Fournier etc... could be a good thing for him.

I think his sophomore year will be better, but you need to wait 2 or 3 more years to see him playing his real potential.
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#214 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:32 am

Players seldom take players under their wing, which is what made the Spurs into a Dynasty. Knicks need to surround this kid with vets who can develop his offensive game.

Frank has size over guards, he needs to be taught how to use that.
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#215 » by levendis » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:05 pm

TheBigBoss wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:

He looks like he is at a French strip club, this off-season is not off to a good start.

You're right it's off to a great start. My boy getting his dik wet finally.
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#216 » by levendis » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:11 pm

K P 6 wrote:
j4remi wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:

He's the guy who made CJ have all those finishes at the rim. He's definitely in good hands. DAMN he got some bis ol hands.

Frank working with one of the best coaches in the league during the offseason while KP works with Janis smh
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#217 » by Fury » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:11 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:I think Knick Fans never had the luxury of having more than one young player to develop on the team. Most of the time the player is traded away in his 1st or 2nd year for a veteran. We're not use to this. For once, we need to stay patient and let the process follow through. I have faith in Frank because of his work ethic. He just gets IT. Seeing Jrue Holiday playing so well right now gives me hope of the type of player Frank will develop into. We just need to remain patient.

When is the last time we had 3 lotto picks (that we drafted) on the same team?
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,260

Post#218 » by DOT » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Fury wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:I think Knick Fans never had the luxury of having more than one young player to develop on the team. Most of the time the player is traded away in his 1st or 2nd year for a veteran. We're not use to this. For once, we need to stay patient and let the process follow through. I have faith in Frank because of his work ethic. He just gets IT. Seeing Jrue Holiday playing so well right now gives me hope of the type of player Frank will develop into. We just need to remain patient.

Never, from what I can tell

Looks like the closest we got was 2010 with Hill, Gallo, and Chandler but Chandler wasn't a lotto pick

Also, shoutout to the time when we picked Nene over Amare. I never hear anyone talk about that for some reason
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#219 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:58 pm

knickstape21 wrote:Jrue Holiday playing his best ball ever right now at age 27, but let’s keep writing off 19 year old Frank Ntilikina..

...but Jrue wasn’t a lotto pick.

Frank was a lotto pick. Therefore more will and SHOULD be expected from him.
Waiting 8 years for your lotto pick to play like one is a dub.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#220 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:59 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Fury wrote:

Never, from what I can tell

Looks like the closest we got was 2010 with Hill, Gallo, and Chandler but Chandler wasn't a lotto pick

Also, shoutout to the time when we picked Nene over Amare. I never hear anyone talk about that for some reason

Because we traded NeNe draft night.

Return to New York Knicks