ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#221 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:07 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
levendis wrote:
Kinglee wrote:
I pray to he isn't that inefficient

That would be a sizeable bump to last years production and show he's getting better in his 2nd year in the league. Not asking for that to be the final product.

He basically just finished his Senior Year of high school. Looking forward to our "rook" next year. I think the strength difference for Frank will be huge.

How Sway. Frank is soon to be 20. If he’s just finishing high school then there is something highly wrong.

Also, for all the **** we talk about American players and college and about how Euro players are more developed playing because they have been “professionals” since they were young teens you all have many excuses for Frank needing to adjust. Frank has been playing grown men for years. He’s been a professional for years. Right?
knickstape21
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,738

Post#222 » by knickstape21 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:09 pm

Greenie wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:Jrue Holiday playing his best ball ever right now at age 27, but let’s keep writing off 19 year old Frank Ntilikina..

...but Jrue wasn’t a lotto pick.

Frank was a lotto pick. Therefore more will and SHOULD be expected from him.
Waiting 8 years for your lotto pick to play like one is a dub.

Jrue was drafted 17th overall... 9 picks whooptie freakin doo.. the draft is a big ole crap shoot outside the top 3 anyway.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#223 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:13 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:Jrue Holiday playing his best ball ever right now at age 27, but let’s keep writing off 19 year old Frank Ntilikina..

...but Jrue wasn’t a lotto pick.

Jrue was drafted 17th overall... 9 picks whooptie freakin doo.. the draft is a big ole crap shoot outside the top 3 anyway.

That’s simply another excuse.
Bottom line is that Frank was a lotto pick an Jrue wasn’t. More is expected from a lotto pick whether you like it or not.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,146

Post#224 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:21 pm

I was wondering why I never read anything in here.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#225 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
levendis wrote:Would love to see him do this across a full season next year.

April (5 games):

PPG: 10.0
RPG: 3.6
APG: 5.0
FG%: .407
3P%: .353
TS%: .463

13.0 PPG
5.0 RPG
6.5 APG
1.8 SPG
45% FG%
37% 3PT%
78% FT%

Not sure what that amounts to in TS% terms but def north of 50

I’m expecting a leap from this kid IF they commit to playing him

How dare you have higher goals for a lotto pick...
knickstape21
Assistant Coach

Post#226 » by knickstape21 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Greenie wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:
Greenie wrote:...but Jrue wasn’t a lotto pick.

Bottom line is that Frank was a lotto pick an Jrue wasn’t. More is expected from a lotto pick whether you like it or not.

More is expected from novice fans like yourself. Some players take more time to get adjusted and find their game and I believe that is the case with Frank.

He’s supposed to do more because he was picked 9 picks higher is one of the worst arguments I’ve heard in a long time.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,199

Post#227 » by DOT » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:29 pm

2013 draft class is a great example of needing patience and guys not developing right away

Guys like Porter, McCollum, Adams, Schroder, McCollum all needed like 3-4 years before they were good, Oladipo is finally breaking out after 5 years, our very own Trey Burke was looking like he shouldn't be in the league last year, and then you have Gobert, who was 27th and went from good defensive center to DPOY caliber player, it just took til he was 24. And that's not even mentioning Giannis, who is the big outlier.

Hell, MCW won ROY that year, and he probably wouldn't get picked in the lottery in a redraft. That should tell you how much rookie years mean for projecting how good players will be
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
knickstape21
Assistant Coach

Post#228 » by knickstape21 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:33 pm

K-DOT wrote:2013 draft class is a great example of needing patience and guys not developing right away

Guys like Porter, McCollum, Adams, Schroder, McCollum all needed like 3-4 years before they were good, Oladipo is finally breaking out after 5 years, our very own Trey Burke was looking like he shouldn't be in the league last year, and then you have Gobert, who was 27th and went from good defensive center to DPOY caliber player, it just took til he was 24. And that's not even mentioning Giannis, who is the big outlier.

Hell, MCW won ROY that year, and he probably wouldn't get picked in the lottery in a redraft. That should tell you how much rookie years mean for projecting how good players will be

Oladipo and Gobert are great examples of being patient. The Magic really screwed that one up.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#229 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:36 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:

More is expected from novice fans like yourself. Some players take more time to get adjusted and find their game and I believe that is the case with Frank.

He’s supposed to do more because he was picked 9 picks higher is one of the worst arguments I’ve heard in a long time.

Novice fans?

At least I understand basketball unlike yourself. You’re babying this boy because we drafted him. Bet you talk **** about other rookies though. Knicks fans like yourself is why this organization always sucks. They can fuq up all they want and it will never matter.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#230 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:38 pm

K-DOT wrote:2013 draft class is a great example of needing patience and guys not developing right away

That’s nice, but let’s call a spade a spade as is right now.

You have no problem calling other players out.
knickstape21
Assistant Coach

Post#231 » by knickstape21 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Greenie wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Novice fans?

At least I understand basketball unlike yourself. You’re babying this boy because we drafted him. Bet you talk **** about other rookies though. Knicks fans like yourself is why this organization always sucks. They can fuq up all they want and it will never matter.

*TRIGGERED ALERT*

I saw flashes of winning basketball from Frank and I’d like to see him build on it and put together complete games. I’m willing to give him a year or two to figure it out, but I’m just the worst fan their is :)
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#232 » by DOT » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Greenie wrote:

I mean, yeah, Frank sucked on offense this year. Inefficient, turnover prone, and just looked lost at times. Anybody saying he was good on that side of the floor is bullsh*tting

But the argument that people have is whether or not that means he'll always suck. I don't think he will, but even if he never develops at all on that end, we have a potential defensive stopper, and that's always valuable to teams

I give him a lot more leeway than Burke cause he's a rookie, and rookies play like sh*t sometimes and turn out good. If it's 3 years from now and he's still playing like this, I'll call him out on it
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Greenie
RealGM

Post#233 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:47 pm

knickstape21 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:

Novice fans?

*TRIGGERED ALERT*

I saw flashes of winning basketball from Frank and I’d like to see him build on it and put together complete games. I’m willing to give him a year or two to figure it out, but I’m just the worst fan their is :)

You’re the ass that started calling names.
Don’t do that if you don’t want it back.

Bottom line is Frank had a poor rookie season and it can and will be pointed out. Pointing to a player 8 years older that wasn’t taken as high is doing nothing to ease minds worried about what they saw Frank do this past year. The only one that can fix it is Frank. Let’s see if he does. We have no choice. We drafted him with the 8th overall pick. Him busting will be a huge blow to the franchise.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#234 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:52 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Greenie wrote:

I mean, yeah, Frank sucked on offense this year. Inefficient, turnover prone, and just looked lost at times. Anybody saying he was good on that side of the floor is bullsh*tting

But the argument that people have is whether or not that means he'll always suck. I don't think he will, but even if he never develops at all on that end, we have a potential defensive stopper, and that's always valuable to teams

I give him a lot more leeway than Burke cause he's a rookie, and rookies play like sh*t sometimes and turn out good. If it's 3 years from now and he's still playing like this, I'll call him out on it

You should call him out now just like you do other teams rookies. That’s my point. You can’t preach patience but show none for other players taken in the same damn draft. Knick or not, they can all get called out.

Will Frank always suck? I don’t know. I hope to God not, but I can call his mess this year too.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#235 » by DOT » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Greenie wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Greenie wrote:

You should call him out now just like you do other teams rookies. That’s my point. You can’t preach patience but show none for other players taken in the same damn draft. Knick or not, they can all get called out.

Will Frank always suck? I don’t know. I hope to God not, but I can call his mess this year too.

Well I'm a homer, and Frank's my guy. That's kinda the point of watching sports. Your guy is great, the other guy sucks
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Greenie
RealGM

Post#236 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:32 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Greenie wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I mean, yeah, Frank sucked on offense this year. Inefficient, turnover prone, and just looked lost at times. Anybody saying he was good on that side of the floor is bullsh*tting

Well I'm a homer, and Frank's my guy. That's kinda the point of watching sports. Your guy is great, the other guy sucks

That mentality has the Knicks in the position they have been in since the 70’s.

Knicks keep Knicking because of homers that feel they do no wrong. I’m not playing that game anymore.

More 27 win seasons coming up.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,086

Post#237 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:42 pm

greenie coming out with facts..
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Greenie
RealGM

Post#238 » by Greenie » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:46 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:greenie coming out with facts..

KDOT just admitted it’s a homerism thing.
There’s nothing to speak on then. Can’t talk basketball with homers. They aren’t being truthful.
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer
And1: 815

Post#239 » by Jonathan starks » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Greenie wrote:
knickstape21 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Novice fans?

*TRIGGERED ALERT*

You’re the ass that started calling names.
Don’t do that if you don’t want it back.

Bottom line is Frank had a poor rookie season and it can and will be pointed out. Pointing to a player 8 years older that wasn’t taken as high is doing nothing to ease minds worried about what they saw Frank do this past year. The only one that can fix it is Frank. Let’s see if he does. We have no choice. We drafted him with the 8th overall pick. Him busting will be a huge blow to the franchise.

Couldn’t agree more. He definitely had a poor showing for his first year. I personally believe he needs a lot of work, but in fairness to him - rookie pgs don’t usually succeed right away. The one thing that I’m afraid will be his downfall is the expectations. Knick fans act like he’s the second coming even after the poor start. If he doesn’t improve next year, I expect a lot of the ppl that are hyping him will turn on him. If you’re gonna preach patience then you should dial down on the hype, too. It goes both ways.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,935

Post#240 » by Fury » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Greenie wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:greenie coming out with facts..

KDOT just admitted it’s a homerism thing.
There’s nothing to speak on then. Can’t talk basketball with homers. They aren’t being truthful.

But you were a homer for Melo

Return to New York Knicks