ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#421 » by Clyde_Style » Sat May 5, 2018 1:53 pm

Frank will become so strong he'll crack walnuts with his butt cheeks
ImageImageImage
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#422 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat May 5, 2018 2:36 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Dave DaButcher wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

But but but they went with Jack/Burke/Mudiay

I hated that Jeff went with Jack TOO much, but logic dictates Frank was never going to see much more than 20 mpg and the Knicks were always looking for another decent PG to share minutes. I think Jack replaced the ineffective/no leadership Sessions, and later on they Knicks looked at Burke (rightly so) as a younger guy who could share the minutes/be in a guard rotation until Frank is more developed and ready for bigger minutes, basically in year 3.

Different players, but Schroder doesn't look really good until year 4/5.
Holiday took until year 3/4.

Not like both guys didn't post some stats in year 2, probably like Frank will do with 10/5. But I really think it's more year 3 where it shows.

i think the ineffective part is what led to sessions' demise. they kept him around for extra mentorship until the last possible moment really. frank cites both jack and sessions for coaching him from the bench. if he weren't good in the locker room he would have been a no-risk cut.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#423 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat May 5, 2018 2:38 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:http://dailyknicks.com/2018/05/03/knicks-rumors-frank-ntilikina-influencing-coach/

Knicks Rumors: Frank Ntilikina influencing coaching decision

by Maxwell Ogden16h ago
The New York Knicks drafted Frank Ntilikina when Phil Jackson was team president, but the current regime still values his presence.

While few have admitted as much, New York Knicks fans have received the sense that Frank Ntilikina’s future is undecided. He was drafted by the oft-maligned Phil Jackson, failed to define his position in 2017-18, and is complemented by two other former top-10 draft picks.

During the Knicks’ extensive search for their next head coach, however, it became abundantly clear that Ntilikina is a franchise cornerstone.

Ntilikina had a rookie season that featured an abundance of ups and downs, but the progress he made was undeniable. He defended at an elite level , displayed a solid handle, and even improved his comfort level with seeking out his own shot as the 2017-18 campaign came to a close.

According to Ian Begley of ESPN New York, one of the primary concerns of the front office is how the next head coach will utilize Ntilikina.

Read on Twitter

In other words: Ntilikina is a part of the Knicks’ future and not just a relic of the Phil Jackson era.

Ntilikina, 19, could play either of the backcourt positions and defend players at every spot from 1 to 4. That may sound hyperbolic, but The French Prince matched up against everyone from Kyrie Irving to Aaron Gordon during his rookie season.

-more-

fiz must have plans for frank. :nod:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#424 » by WajaBawl » Sat May 5, 2018 8:06 pm

I added Frank on FB (and for some reason he accepted). Just thought I needed to share this pic of our very own French Prince :lol:

Edit: Idk why it won't post the image, here's the link:

https://imgur.com/a/S22Qdfr
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,133

Post#425 » by Fat Kat » Sun May 6, 2018 3:00 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#426 » by Clyde_Style » Sun May 6, 2018 3:24 am

One day the fan base will have a collective AHA moment when they realize Frank is just as important to the team's future as KP
ImageImageImage
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#427 » by Marty McFly » Sun May 6, 2018 3:36 am

Clyde_Style wrote:One day the fan base will have a collective AHA moment when they realize Frank is just as important to the team's future as KP

maybe from those that don't think much of him as of this moment. I think some knick fans are already there.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#428 » by Garbagelo » Sun May 6, 2018 4:13 am

Clyde_Style wrote:One day the fan base will have a collective AHA moment when they realize Frank is more important to the team's future than KP

My humble opinion
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#429 » by Tron Carter » Sun May 6, 2018 1:51 pm

Garbagelo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:One day the fan base will have a collective AHA moment when they realize Frank is more important to the team's future than KP

My humble opinion

cant remember the last time I was so attached to a knick rookie. even beyond kp. probably from defending him from all his detractors.
R.I.P Black Mamba
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#430 » by Clyde_Style » Sun May 6, 2018 1:54 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

My humble opinion

cant remember the last time I was so attached to a knick rookie. even beyond kp. probably from defending him from all his detractors.

The attachment is doubly strong because he is both incredibly likable and endearing as a person and his potential to become one of the greatest defenders this club has ever had combined with what should be top all-around skills triggers the drool reflex.
ImageImageImage
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#431 » by Jose7 » Sun May 6, 2018 2:29 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

My humble opinion

The attachment is doubly strong because he is both incredibly likable and endearing as a person and his potential to become one of the greatest defenders this club has ever had combined with what should be top all-around skills triggers the drool reflex.

Frank's defensive potential is off the charts...FITS perfectlywith Fizdale's notion that in order to beat the BEST in this NBAs, you not going to out power teams but if you can defend.. you'll have a chance..

The stupidest **** all year besides jeff not starting Frank from day 1 is the fact that he always sat him with 3 fouls knowing he was NOT playing huge minute totals...

I really hope Frank's rep gets around the league as a unique defender at the guard and he'll get more leeway... no more rooking him.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#432 » by F N 11 » Sun May 6, 2018 2:47 pm

I see all 3 guys improving tbh! Mudiay needs to come in the best shape of his life. I just want to see how Fiz will handle minutes. Baker should be back too.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#433 » by Tron Carter » Sun May 6, 2018 8:14 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

My humble opinion

and he’s just so damn handsome
R.I.P Black Mamba
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#434 » by Clyde_Style » Sun May 6, 2018 8:31 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

I feel kind of gay when I look at Frank
ImageImageImage
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#435 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun May 6, 2018 8:49 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I feel kind of gay when I look at Frank

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#436 » by levendis » Sun May 6, 2018 10:37 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

My humble opinion

Yeah I like KP and all, and realize he's the star of this franchise, but he has a bit of a diva in him that I'm not crazy about. Frank is genuinely a good kid that has been maliciously attacked by this fanbase all year. Has to open his instagram or twitter and have a bunch of fans just destroying him. Must really suck for a 19 yr old. Really hope he's able to shut everyone up.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#437 » by levendis » Sun May 6, 2018 10:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#438 » by Clyde_Style » Sun May 6, 2018 10:42 pm

levendis wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

Yeah I like KP and all, and realize he's the star of this franchise, but he has a bit of a diva in him that I'm not crazy about. Frank is genuinely a good kid that has been maliciously attacked by this fanbase all year. Has to open his instagram or twitter and have a bunch of fans just destroying him. Must really suck for a 19 yr old. Really hope he's able to shut everyone up.

I haven't seen those threads, but I can imagine the things that were said.

He should get a big box of chocolates from his loving fans at the beginning of Summer league
ImageImageImage
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,739

Post#439 » by omerome » Sun May 6, 2018 10:45 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

My humble opinion

I feel the same way. I think it's because his strengths have been the reason why I became a Knick fan in the first place other than being originally from the area. He is a defense first, unselfish player who may not wow you in the stat sheet, but his presence is evident when he's on the court.
knicksanity
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#440 » by knicksanity » Mon May 7, 2018 5:08 am

levendis wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

Yeaaaa I noticed it too that KP sometimes act like a DIVA.

Return to New York Knicks