ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#441 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 7, 2018 5:31 am

knicksanity wrote:
levendis wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
The attachment is doubly strong because he is both incredibly likable and endearing as a person and his potential to become one of the greatest defenders this club has ever had combined with what should be top all-around skills triggers the drool reflex.

Yeah I like KP and all, and realize he's the star of this franchise, but he has a bit of a diva in him that I'm not crazy about. Frank is genuinely a good kid that has been maliciously attacked by this fanbase all year. Has to open his instagram or twitter and have a bunch of fans just destroying him. Must really suck for a 19 yr old. Really hope he's able to shut everyone up.

Yeaaaa I noticed it too that KP sometimes act like a DIVA.

I see a little diva in him as well. The exit interview shows that. Just nothing like people make him out to be.

Frank definitely has that...honest humble team first approach to his game and his personality. Really hoping he blossoms over the next few seasons.

We have a new HC and a lot of work to do. Nailing this pick would go a loooong way to advancing our cause. I think Miles Bridges would be perfect here honestly. I really like what I see in him out of the few players I have watched around our pick. I like his build a little more than his brother. He finishes through contract and does not avoid it. I would LOVE Perry if they picked him.
:beer: RIP mags
knicksanity
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#442 » by knicksanity » Mon May 7, 2018 6:30 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
knicksanity wrote:
levendis wrote:
Yeah I like KP and all, and realize he's the star of this franchise, but he has a bit of a diva in him that I'm not crazy about. Frank is genuinely a good kid that has been maliciously attacked by this fanbase all year. Has to open his instagram or twitter and have a bunch of fans just destroying him. Must really suck for a 19 yr old. Really hope he's able to shut everyone up.

I see a little diva in him as well. The exit interview shows that. Just nothing like people make him out to be.

Frank definitely has that...honest humble team first approach to his game and his personality. Really hoping he blossoms over the next few seasons.

We have a new HC and a lot of work to do. Nailing this pick would go a loooong way to advancing our cause. I think Miles Bridges would be perfect here honestly. I really like what I see in him out of the few players I have watched around our pick. I like his build a little more than his brother. He finishes through contract and does not avoid it. I would LOVE Perry if they picked him.

Picking Miles would be great coz KP's injured. If Fiz views KP as a C we could have our very own death line up w/ Miles @ 4.. but passing on a guy like Mikal with an excellent defense w/ a great shooting touch to pair with Frank and to be a coach by Fiz is very unlikely.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#443 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 7, 2018 7:20 am

knicksanity wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
knicksanity wrote:

Picking Miles would be great coz KP's injured. If Fiz views KP as a C we could have our very own death line up w/ Miles @ 4.. but passing on a guy like Mikal with an excellent defense w/ a great shooting touch to pair with Frank and to be a coach by Fiz is very unlikely.

I see Miles as a SF/PF tweener. Mikal is a little to thin. I really think Miles has NBA ready body right now. Could play the 4 with KP at the 5/injured and the 3 with KP at the 4.

Either one is cool with me...I just think I like Miles a little more.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#444 » by malik959 » Mon May 7, 2018 7:37 am

For once in my life I feel that we actually are in a great position in this draft although not being too high the players in our area are what we need.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#445 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 7, 2018 7:59 am

malik959 wrote:For once in my life I feel that we actually are in a great position in this draft although not being too high the players in our area are what we need.

We have enough needs. I would hate to take a guard in this draft. SF/PF/C could all be taken IMO. SF is our biggest hole. I want Miles Bridges.
malik959
Lead Assistant

Post#446 » by malik959 » Mon May 7, 2018 1:24 pm

I strongly feel he would be a'great starting sf in the NBA, but if Mikal is still on the board he is a must for me.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#447 » by levendis » Mon May 7, 2018 1:40 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
knicksanity wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

I see Miles as a SF/PF tweener. Mikal is a little to thin. I really think Miles has NBA ready body right now. Could play the 4 with KP at the 5/injured and the 3 with KP at the 4.

I lean towards Mikal because he offers great production in two of the most important areas in the game now. Miles has a little jack of all master of none quality about him.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#448 » by Triple C » Mon May 7, 2018 4:11 pm

Read on Twitter
FlashFlood
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#449 » by FlashFlood » Mon May 7, 2018 4:38 pm

Frank won't be the next Kobe, lets get that outta the way.

If he worked on tightening his handles and developing a quicker release, he could develop into something special.

He will look very good on a contending team.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#450 » by thebuzzardman » Mon May 7, 2018 4:53 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

What does this guy know compared to experts on RealGM?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#451 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 7, 2018 5:51 pm

levendis wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
knicksanity wrote:

I lean towards Mikal because he offers great production in two of the most important areas in the game now. Miles has a little jack of all master of none quality about him.

Fair enough. I like Mikal too. I just think Miles is more NBA ready physically. He can defend. He can shoot. He can finish through contact. He looks stronger. Gets above the rim. Either one would be a good pick for us.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#452 » by levendis » Mon May 7, 2018 7:02 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
levendis wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Fair enough. I like Mikal too. I just think Miles is more NBA ready physically. He can defend. He can shoot. He can finish through contact. He looks stronger. Gets above the rim. Either one would be a good pick for us.

That's my biggest fear with Mikal too. Dude has spent a ton of time developing his body over the past 3 years and still on the thin side.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#453 » by reub » Mon May 7, 2018 9:05 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
levendis wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Is Miles similar to Tatum?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#454 » by GONYK » Mon May 7, 2018 9:12 pm

reub wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
levendis wrote:

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#455 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 7, 2018 10:17 pm

GONYK wrote:
reub wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

No.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#456 » by vallen » Mon May 7, 2018 10:24 pm

malik959 wrote:For once in my life I feel that we actually are in a great position in this draft although not being too high the players in our area are what we need.

that sounds like a contradiction.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,133

Post#457 » by Tron Carter » Mon May 7, 2018 10:39 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

the king > kinglee
R.I.P Black Mamba
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,280

Post#458 » by DOT » Tue May 8, 2018 2:20 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

the king > kinglee

Hey, Bernard King may be a Hall of Fame NBA player, but Kinglee has League Pass and is the most intelligent poster on RealGM, so who really knows more about basketball?
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#459 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 8, 2018 2:25 am

K-DOT wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

the king > kinglee

Hey, Bernard King may be a Hall of Fame NBA player, but Kinglee has League Pass and is the most intelligent poster on RealGM, so who really knows more about basketball?

Than Kinglee? IDK...a dogs balls?

Edit. I think he knows more than a dog's balls honestly.
malik959
Lead Assistant

Post#460 » by malik959 » Tue May 8, 2018 3:02 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
cant remember the last time I was so attached to a knick rookie. even beyond kp. probably from defending him from all his detractors.

The attachment is doubly strong because he is both incredibly likable and endearing as a person and his potential to become one of the greatest defenders this club has ever had combined with what should be top all-around skills triggers the drool reflex.

and he’s just so damn handsome

Return to New York Knicks