ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#681 » by NYKHardKnock » Sun May 27, 2018 3:19 am

FrontOfficeEye wrote:You asked if it was crazy and people answered. On some level, you must care - otherwise you wouldn’t have asked what people thought. Right? :D

Anyways, I don’t see Harden at all. I still see a bigger Jrue if he reaches his full potential, which is still very scary two way player.
I gather I'm a bit insecure because I labeled Frank's full potiental so crazy high. I think Jrue is a safer bet. But Frank is also 2 inches taller, and his wingspan is insane so if he becomes like Jrue that means he'd be Jrue Holliday on steroids

I wouldn't he disappointed if I dont come anywhere close to his potiental because hes so raw, you don't know if his confidence ends up being shot if he doesnt improve. Worst case scenario he comes a very solid role player, like Warriors version or Andre Iguodala, important af.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#682 » by Mecca » Sun May 27, 2018 3:23 am

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:You asked if it was crazy and people answered. On some level, you must care - otherwise you wouldn’t have asked what people thought. Right? :D

Anyways, I don’t see Harden at all. I still see a bigger Jrue if he reaches his full potential, which is still very scary two way player.
I gather I'm a bit insecure because I labeled Frank's full potiental so crazy high. I think Jrue is a safer bet. But Frank is also 2 inches taller, and his wingspan is insane so if he becomes like Jrue that means he'd be Jrue Holliday on steroids

I wouldn't he disappointed if I dont come anywhere close to his potiental because hes so raw, you don't know if his confidence ends up being shot if he doesnt improve. Worst case scenario he comes a very solid role player, like Warriors version or Andre Iguodala, important af.

Jrue is a borderline top 30 player in the NBA. That's not a safe bet. That'd be best case and something we'd do backflips for. I will say that the Jrue comp is much more realistic and correlates with his actual skill set.

The Harden one is easily the worst comp I've ever seen.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach

Post#683 » by NYKHardKnock » Sun May 27, 2018 3:28 am

Mecca wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Yeah, if I can grow 6 inches, I'd be 6'4. I'm not growing anymore. Post stinks.
Sucks for you, I'd hate to have an average height :lol:

I'd hate to be the idiot that thinks Frank Ntilikina's game resembles James Harden.

If that comment was meant to annoy me, you swung and missed because I've been in more box than UPS.
My guy. Okay, that makes up for being 5'10". Even though it's technically short, but to me that it is. We can agree to disagree.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#684 » by Mecca » Sun May 27, 2018 3:30 am

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Sucks for you, I'd hate to have an average height :lol:

I'd hate to be the idiot that thinks Frank Ntilikina's game resembles James Harden.

If that comment was meant to annoy me, you swung and missed because I've been in more box than UPS.
My guy. Okay, that makes up for being 5'10". Even though it's technically short, but to me that it is. We can agree to disagree.

It sucks that you have the height of a giraffe but the IQ of a toaster. I'd prefer to have the latter in life, but that's just me.
Brooklyn Nets
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach

Post#685 » by NYKHardKnock » Sun May 27, 2018 3:46 am

Mecca wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:

Jrue is a borderline top 30 player in the NBA. That's not a safe bet. That'd be best case and something we'd do backflips for. I will say that the Jrue comp is much more realistic and correlates with his actual skill set.

Jrue is a much quicker pace of a player. James Harden isnt exactly the quickest. Neither is Frank. Despite that James Harden is extremely crafty, has good lateral quickness, excellent body control. The reason why I compare is they can have that slower pace type of game. I guess it sounds insane. Frank's bigger weakness is his ability to drive to the hoop, but if he adds significant size, and bulks up he can defiently improve on body control improving his around the basket game becoming a bull driving. The next step would be working on becoming crafty and becoming confident, which is what makes James Harden, James Harden. I see why it seems awful, but I'm seeing it as his age, height, length, desire, I truly think despite a pretty bad year he has scary potiental and will clean up his offensive game. I'm not afraid of making a very bold statement and looking dumb.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach

Post#686 » by NYKHardKnock » Sun May 27, 2018 3:47 am

Mecca wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:

It sucks that you have the height of a giraffe but the IQ of a toaster. I'd prefer to have the latter in life, but that's just me.
Now thats crazy talk, my mom said I'm a very special boy
Mecca
RealGM

Post#687 » by Mecca » Sun May 27, 2018 3:48 am

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:I gather I'm a bit insecure because I labeled Frank's full potiental so crazy high. I think Jrue is a safer bet. But Frank is also 2 inches taller, and his wingspan is insane so if he becomes like Jrue that means he'd be Jrue Holliday on steroids

Jrue is a much quicker pace of a player. James Harden isnt exactly the quickest. Neither is Frank. Despite that James Harden is extremely crafty, has good lateral quickness, excellent body control. The reason why I compare is they can have that slower pace type of game. I guess it sounds insane. Frank's bigger weakness is his ability to drive to the hoop, but if he adds significant size, and bulks up he can defiently improve on body control improving his around the basket game becoming a bull driving. The next step would be working on becoming crafty and becoming confident, which is what makes James Harden, James Harden. I see why it seems awful, but I'm seeing it as his age, height, length, desire, I truly think despite a pretty bad year he has scary potiental and will clean up his offensive game. I'm not afraid of making a very bold statement and looking dumb.

It sounds insane because it is insane. Harden is the craftiest player in the NBA. Bold? more like dumb.
Brooklyn Nets
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,308

Post#688 » by Clyde_Style » Sun May 27, 2018 3:50 am

Mecca wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:

Comps aside, Frank's upside is so speculative that we can neither bet for nor against the height of his upside. He may actually become better than Jrue, but you don't have good odds on that as a bet yet. It's an unknown for now. We'll know by the middle of his third year what his trajectory really is. All I know is I would not place a long-term bet now against him becoming a top 30 player. His raw talent is that good IMO.
ImageImageImage
Mecca
RealGM

Post#689 » by Mecca » Sun May 27, 2018 3:51 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:I gather I'm a bit insecure because I labeled Frank's full potiental so crazy high. I think Jrue is a safer bet. But Frank is also 2 inches taller, and his wingspan is insane so if he becomes like Jrue that means he'd be Jrue Holliday on steroids

Comps aside, Frank's upside is so speculative that we can neither bet for nor against the height of his upside. He may actually become better than Jrue, but you don't have good odds on that as a bet yet. It's an unknown for now. We'll know by the middle of his third year what his trajectory really is. All I know is I would not place a long-term bet now against him becoming a top 30 player. His raw talent is that good IMO.

Top 30? James Harden is a top 3 player with no correlation in skill set. Frank isn't Harden. He never will be. I'd bet my account on that. I watched him as much as anyone here when he was in Europe.
Brooklyn Nets
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach

Post#690 » by NYKHardKnock » Sun May 27, 2018 3:53 am

Mecca wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:

It sounds insane because it is insane. Harden is the craftiest player in the NBA. Bold? more like dumb.
Mecca. Baby. Stop hurting my feelings, I'll send my little brother after you :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
just busting your balls :lol: , let's not get personal, you're okay I dont mind you. :wink:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,308

Post#691 » by Clyde_Style » Sun May 27, 2018 3:54 am

Mecca wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Top 30? James Harden is a top 3 player with no correlation in skill set. Frank isn't Harden. He never will be. I'd bet my account on that. I watched him as much as anyone here when he was in Europe.

I said "Comps aside"

therefore

I was not commenting on the Harden comparison because I don't find it at all relevant. Even if Frank is great he won't play much like Harden at all

just saying I would not bet against him becoming a top 30 player yet

which is different than saying I would bet on him becoming a top 30 player

In sum, Frank's talent may be superb, but he's so young we won't know the arc of his development right away and that is not something you should bet against happening yet
ImageImageImage
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach

Post#692 » by NYKHardKnock » Sun May 27, 2018 3:56 am

Mecca wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Mecca wrote:

If Frank doesnt reach anywhere near James Harden skillset, like I said I doubt he does. But I think skill can be taught, IQ, no, and I think Frank has a pretty high bbiq. His size and length will be unguardable if he can progress his outside and inside game disregarding what I say about Harden. Quote me.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#693 » by Mecca » Sun May 27, 2018 3:57 am

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Jrue is a much quicker pace of a player. James Harden isnt exactly the quickest. Neither is Frank. Despite that James Harden is extremely crafty, has good lateral quickness, excellent body control. The reason why I compare is they can have that slower pace type of game. I guess it sounds insane. Frank's bigger weakness is his ability to drive to the hoop, but if he adds significant size, and bulks up he can defiently improve on body control improving his around the basket game becoming a bull driving. The next step would be working on becoming crafty and becoming confident, which is what makes James Harden, James Harden. I see why it seems awful, but I'm seeing it as his age, height, length, desire, I truly think despite a pretty bad year he has scary potiental and will clean up his offensive game. I'm not afraid of making a very bold statement and looking dumb.

Mecca. Baby. Stop hurting my feelings, I'll send my little brother after you :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
just busting your balls :lol: , let's not get personal, you're okay I dont mind you. :wink:

Don't talk greezy like that to me. Being 6'4 means nothing if you shaped like a #2 pencil. I'm strong as a bull. You don't want smoke w me.

Frank Harden isn't a thing. Frank Holiday or Frank Batum are more plausible. Sorry I had to hurt you with the easy truth.
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#694 » by Mecca » Sun May 27, 2018 3:58 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I said "Comps aside"

therefore

I was not commenting on the Harden comparison because I don't find it at all relevant. Even if Frank is great he won't play much like Harden at all

just saying I would not bet against him becoming a top 30 player yet

which is different than saying I would bet on him becoming a top 30 player

In sum, Frank's talent may be superb, but he's so young we won't know the arc of his development right away and that is not something you should bet against happening yet

Well I'm talking about comps. this isn't relavent to the discussion.
Brooklyn Nets
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach

Post#695 » by NYKHardKnock » Sun May 27, 2018 4:02 am

Mecca wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Spoiler:

Don't talk greezy like that to me. Being 6'4 means nothing if you shaped like a #2 pencil. I'm strong as a bull. You don't want smoke w me.

Frank Harden isn't a thing. Frank Holiday or Frank Batum are more plausible. Sorry I had to hurt you with the easy truth.
Listen I dont take internet smoke serious, I could be a 5'7", rail thin, nerdy dude that lives in my moms basement for all you know. It's not that serious.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#696 » by Mecca » Sun May 27, 2018 4:04 am

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Mecca. Baby. Stop hurting my feelings, I'll send my little brother after you :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:

Listen I dont take internet smoke serious, I could be a 5'7", rail thin, nerdy dude that lives in my moms basement for all you know. It's not that serious.

That's not my DNA. I post on message boards like I talk to someone in real life. I don't say anything to someone I wouldn't irl.
Brooklyn Nets
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach

Post#697 » by NYKHardKnock » Sun May 27, 2018 4:15 am

Mecca wrote:
Kristaps6_NYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:

That's not my DNA. I post on message boards like I talk to someone in real life. I don't say anything to someone I wouldn't irl.
Yeah? You want heat dog? Meet me in Yonkers, 132 Oak St. See you 12:35am sharp.

Spoiler:
LAWDDD, just messing man, sheesh man, relax I dont wanna fight you
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,544

Post#698 » by Maury2423 » Sun May 27, 2018 5:25 am

Frank's potential is like Crypto's potential...
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,357

Post#699 » by NoStatsGuy » Sun May 27, 2018 1:32 pm

thing with young kids is, they need time. look at hayward, kawhi, giannis, butler, george they all broke out after 4 or 5 years in the league. im afraid he wont get 4 or 5 years time to develop here.

maybe if he rly starts to take over a couple games next year. but i can totally see him in the that category - slow and steady improvements which will take some years. at 23, 24 we will see what kind of player frank will be.
im bout dat action boss
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#700 » by thebuzzardman » Sun May 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Scottie Pippen + Michael Ray Richardson (minus all the coke) + Kawhi

I like the fun unrealistic comparison game.

Scowhi Pippardson.

Return to New York Knicks