ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Sophomore Year

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#81 » by BasicBall » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:46 am

His first instincts are to move the ball on offense and defend (well above average as we all know) plus he's 19...He's 6'7 and may not be finished growing (6'8, 6'9 before he's done growing??) He was too tentative for my taste, but as the season progressed he got a bit more aggressive. All I do know is when he was on the court I saw more pluses than minuses.

Some will say I'm bugging, but to me he's more untouchable than KP (to me)

Question...IF NY got in the top 3 and were in position to draft Ayton or Bagley, wouldn't you look to move KP and Lee for Kawhi? In that scenario I'd move KP in a heartbeat for Kawhi....I believe it would be easier to find a stretch 4-5, than an all world defensive wing and then pair him with Kawhi?? Hell, Kornet can damn near do what KP does :nod:
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#82 » by whocurrz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:03 am

I would be satisfied if I were you guys. Yeah DSJ and Mitchell were possible picks with great ceiling but he does things that contribute to winning basketball well with 1st team all defense potential. He doesn’t have the handle and speed to be a Westbrook type PG but he does have vision, IQ and enough handle that he should be good enough on that end I think if he can get his jump shot and 3 ball improved. Yeah he won’t be a superstar and it hurts when you miss on a guy like Mitchell but getting a good starter who is elite on at least one side of the ball is actually a good return for a top 10 pick. I mean Kings have been in the high lotto for a decade and drafted only a few starring caliber players. Charlotte is another example. Getting good players may not be sexy but is valuable. s long as you don’t completely squander opportunities to improve (even if you don’t hit the biggest improvement opportunity) things will look up.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#83 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:47 am

The ONE good thing about Mark Jackson, he’ll help this kid develop his offensive game. Mark values character and a humble background.

Under Jackson, Frank will be a Star.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,310

Post#84 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:48 am

When Frank is as tall and as built as Dwight Howard but playing Gary Payton level defense on the perimeter, some of you doubters are going to be sorry.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#85 » by br7knicks » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:13 am

I was very disappointed. I expected more by season's end. Oh well, it's the Knicks. I think he'll be serviceable.

But I made the mistake of being happy and optimistic with his selection. That's my own fault. I'd still pick him over dsjr tho
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#86 » by br7knicks » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:14 am

BasicBall wrote:His first instincts are to move the ball on offense and defend (well above average as we all know) plus he's 19...He's 6'7 and may not be finished growing (6'8, 6'9 before he's done growing??) He was too tentative for my taste, but as the season progressed he got a bit more aggressive. All I do know is when he was on the court I saw more pluses than minuses.

Some will say I'm bugging, but to me he's more untouchable than KP (to me)

Question...IF NY got in the top 3 and were in position to draft Ayton or Bagley, wouldn't you look to move KP and Lee for Kawhi? In that scenario I'd move KP in a heartbeat for Kawhi....I believe it would be easier to find a stretch 4-5, than an all world defensive wing and then pair him with Kawhi?? Hell, Kornet can damn near do what KP does :nod:

Where, on this earth, have you read that he's 6'7? Maybe I'm misinformed... But I'd love to see this source
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#87 » by Kampuchea » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:53 am

I see big things for Frank in the future, he started coming on at the end of the season. I see a 20ppg lockdown defender who fills up the stat sheet.
KnickLeDime
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#88 » by KnickLeDime » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:45 pm

His stock with me is rising...I thought he had a really nice finish to the season. Defensively I think he's the real deal. On offense he REALLY needs to figure out how to shoot, TS% of 43 is something he MUST fix. Thing is, he's got great form so I think it will come. He also needs to find that inner aggression to take it strong to the rim, far to passive. He is an above average passer in the NBA.

I like him, I think when all is said and done, he'll be a very solid starter in this league, if he wants to a borderline all-star. This summer and next year are huge for him.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#89 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:15 pm

The league will adjust to Mitchell and he'll have some issues down the line. He profiles to be a volume guy who is small. Don't get me wrong he's really good but it's no lock he'll be a superstar.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#90 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Kampuchea wrote:I see big things for Frank in the future, he started coming on at the end of the season. I see a 20ppg lockdown defender who fills up the stat sheet.

I'd be shocked. I hope this is the case but I'd be shocked if he became a 20ppg guy.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,957

Post#91 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:41 pm

Garbagelo wrote:Frank will be the guy other players will be lining up in free agency to play with and every coach will be salivating for.

Mark my words.

i like the spirit of this, but iono bout all that. :lol:

i don't see players lining up for many these days. if you're saying frank will lead a GSW-like epicenter, that's a thought. aside from lebron, i don't see too many players with that kind of influence. even GSW doesn't bring that attraction through individual players.

coaches already love this kid, so i feel good about him there. we'll see how he develops. kid is a stem cell still.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#92 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:43 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:I see big things for Frank in the future, he started coming on at the end of the season. I see a 20ppg lockdown defender who fills up the stat sheet.

I'd be shocked. I hope this is the case but I'd be shocked if he became a 20ppg guy.

i honestly don't care about 20ppg with frank. i don't really care about any individual stat for any of our players.

i see frank as a versatile, multitalented young freak. there's a lot of directions his talent can take him. i think his approach to the game is conducive to winning basketball.

lots of guys with nice numbers you can't say that about.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#93 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:47 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Reading this is making me realize some of y'all had expectations that were out of wack. Coming in I pretty much had no expectations for him. In fact he exceeded them a bit. Because I felt it was pretty much a year just about him learning. I figured anything Knicks got from him this season was gravy. I really did not expect him to be so advanced defensively.

people have some weird expectations of what a team should be getting at certain points in the draft.

NBA players aren't guarantees anywhere in the draft. yet, we have expectations about levels of impact. of course the likelihood of good players should come earlier in the draft, but each pick is a guess and gamble. no matter where.

if you got a productive NBA player out of the draft process, you did well. but we understandably compare to the other players in the draft class.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#94 » by F N 11 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Lots of ups and downs which I could blame coaching for some but I wont. He worked on his game and got better. Last couple of weeks he's showing he can get to the hoop with minimal moves. He has work ethic so I expect him to get better. Welcome to the NBA Frank.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#95 » by Kampuchea » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:53 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:

Meet Frank Ntillikina http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/663/scottie-pippen

Frankie will have less rebounds and better 3 point accuracy, but that is what I see in him. He is the guard version of SP.

LET'S GO! I am excited to see how his game changes over the next couple of years.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,750

Post#96 » by omerome » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

Meet Frank Ntillikina http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/663/scottie-pippen

Frankie will have less rebounds and better 3 point accuracy, but that is what I see in him. He is the guard version of SP.

LET'S GO! I am excited to see how his game changes over the next couple of years.

:-?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Re: RE: Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#97 » by GONYK » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:05 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:

I've always had him pegged as a 15-17ppg guy
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,404

Post#98 » by robillionaire » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:06 pm

I think it was an okay start to his first year, not good enough for impatient knicks fans but a lot of 19 year olds from overseas don't reach their full potential during their rookie season. And I don't blame him for all of it, I think he was poorly developed by hornacek. I think next year he starts playing more minutes and showing flashes and by year 3 he'll be a really good rotation player, I hope he's here for a while.
justin12140
Rookie
And1: 1,068

Post#99 » by justin12140 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Lots of ups and downs, but that’s expected from a player as young as him. Needs to really work on his cardio, strength, handles, and shooting this summer. I have no doubt that he’ll be a legit starter in this league.

As said before, I think a lot of people in here had very unrealistic expectations. A lot of the “stars” in this league had pretty mediocre beginnings in the league (Draymond Green, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, DeMar Derozen, Mike Connelly, etc)
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,310

Post#100 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Stackhouse would love coaching Frank and Mikal Bridges

Return to New York Knicks