ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, FrontOfficeEye, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, Thugger HBC, Capn'O, K-DOT, j4remi, Thorn, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36

User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 22,722
And1: 14,336
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#801 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:28 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
WajaBawl wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:sometimes you forget the flashes this kid showed passing the ball. he was really fukkin good this game.



Exactly why is he is long-term PG. Fucc outta here with the off-ball SG bs.


even worse that some already wanna move him to the 3


Two schools of thought on people who are moving him to 2 or 3 (I think)

Large portion of anti Frank Knick fans who think he sucks and doesn't have "it" in terms of driving the ball, aggression etc etc, so they want him at SG or PG to limit the damage and so they get some offensive favorite in his place. Smaller group who don't think he sucks but that his all around skill set profiles better at SG or SF and a "real" playmaker is needed at PG.

The pro PG group are another group of fans who feel like he has a good feel for the game as a PG, if not all the driving and aggression, which in part are limited by ability but also in large part because of a team first mentality and differential manner as a result of that but also in part because of personality, age and culture change. This group is banking on those attributes mixing with true untapped potential which will yield a good player. Further splits occur over just how good that team first player will be, from solid, to very good to awesome (smallest group of all).

And then there was Kinglee, who I'm pretty sure was convinced Frank boned his mom. :D
User avatar
Tron Carter
General Manager
Posts: 9,264
And1: 6,586
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: NBA Purgatory
 

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#802 » by Tron Carter » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:34 pm

I love frank because he’s the type of pg who can get everyone involved without dominating the ball. it’s a reason why I loved lonzo coming out of college as well. they are the type of passers who always have their heads up and get the ball out of their hands quickly. they don’t have to dribble the air out of the ball like a Westbrook or Harden. run the pick and roll efficiently and find open cutters.
Frank Ntillmatic aka The French Prince of New York > Midget Smith Jr. #BongaBrigade
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 6,503
And1: 5,983
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#803 » by K-DOT » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:35 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
WajaBawl wrote:
Exactly why is he is long-term PG. Fucc outta here with the off-ball SG bs.


even worse that some already wanna move him to the 3


Two schools of thought on people who are moving him to 2 or 3 (I think)

Large portion of anti Frank Knick fans who think he sucks and doesn't have "it" in terms of driving the ball, aggression etc etc, so they want him at SG or PG to limit the damage and so they get some offensive favorite in his place. Smaller group who don't think he sucks but that his all around skill set profiles better at SG or SF and a "real" playmaker is needed at PG.

The pro PG group are another group of fans who feel like he has a good feel for the game as a PG, if not all the driving and aggression, which in part are limited by ability but also in large part because of a team first mentality and differential manner as a result of that but also in part because of personality, age and culture change. This group is banking on those attributes mixing with true untapped potential which will yield a good player. Further splits occur over just how good that team first player will be, from solid, to very good to awesome (smallest group of all).

And then there was Kinglee, who I'm pretty sure was convinced Frank boned his mom. :D

I see it as, he's a combo guard on offense, he has the vision to be a PG, but not the handles, so he'll need another playmaker next to him, but on defense he has insane potential when guarding opposing PGs, especially in today's game where forcing a mismatch from screens is a huge part of offenses. Against SGs, he's good defensively, but it's more valuable for him to be on the PG

If we're gonna pair him up with another PG, I don't want a small, defensively challenged guard like Burke or Trae Young, I want a guard that is big enough to defend either guard position, and has some playmaking ability. Which is why I like SGA in the draft as a trade down option, he checks all the boxes

Also, RIP Kinglee. Dude was one of the funnier posters on the board
Lakers

Malik Monk/Delon Wright
Ricky Rubio/Shake Milton
Terrance Ferguson/Luke Kennard
Justise Winslow/Keita Bates-Diop
Nerles Noel/Marcin Gortat

Reserves: Melo, Gorgui Dieng, DJ Wilson, Ryan Anderson, Isaac Bonga
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 22,722
And1: 14,336
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#804 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:40 pm

K-DOT wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:
even worse that some already wanna move him to the 3


Two schools of thought on people who are moving him to 2 or 3 (I think)

Large portion of anti Frank Knick fans who think he sucks and doesn't have "it" in terms of driving the ball, aggression etc etc, so they want him at SG or PG to limit the damage and so they get some offensive favorite in his place. Smaller group who don't think he sucks but that his all around skill set profiles better at SG or SF and a "real" playmaker is needed at PG.

The pro PG group are another group of fans who feel like he has a good feel for the game as a PG, if not all the driving and aggression, which in part are limited by ability but also in large part because of a team first mentality and differential manner as a result of that but also in part because of personality, age and culture change. This group is banking on those attributes mixing with true untapped potential which will yield a good player. Further splits occur over just how good that team first player will be, from solid, to very good to awesome (smallest group of all).

And then there was Kinglee, who I'm pretty sure was convinced Frank boned his mom. :D

I see it as, he's a combo guard on offense, he has the vision to be a PG, but not the handles, so he'll need another playmaker next to him, but on defense he has insane potential when guarding opposing PGs, especially in today's game where forcing a mismatch from screens is a huge part of offenses. Against SGs, he's good defensively, but it's more valuable for him to be on the PG

If we're gonna pair him up with another PG, I don't want a small, defensively challenged guard like Burke or Trae Young, I want a guard that is big enough to defend either guard position, and has some playmaking ability. Which is why I like SGA in the draft as a trade down option, he checks all the boxes

Also, RIP Kinglee. Dude was one of the funnier posters on the board


All good points. In my mind, your variation is part of 2nd group of posters who aren't totally into Frank as a PG but like how his playmaking profiles, but pretty sure I didn't really articulate that in there

Kinglee - Sometimes he irked me, but he'd make some good points, but would revert to self righteous thing which had to be his downfall. I liked to bust on him but actually enjoyed the back and forth.
User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 36,477
And1: 4,255
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Location: The game ain't in me no more. None of it.

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#805 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Knick fans: "I wish we'd swing for the fences and draft a project but develop him"

Knicks draft project

Knick fans: "This guy sucks"


It's either that or hey we got a steal in Landry Fields.
One put back dunk.
UNTOUCHABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trick is being able to find the fans that can see things for what they really are.
Utah Jazz
Drummond x Plumlee
Jokic x Harrell
Barnes x Ross x Luwawu-Cabarrot
Crabbe x Curry x Burks
Russell x Mills
Image
1999
Sophomore
Posts: 172
And1: 82
Joined: Apr 25, 2012

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#806 » by 1999 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Two schools of thought on people who are moving him to 2 or 3 (I think)

Large portion of anti Frank Knick fans who think he sucks and doesn't have "it" in terms of driving the ball, aggression etc etc, so they want him at SG or PG to limit the damage and so they get some offensive favorite in his place. Smaller group who don't think he sucks but that his all around skill set profiles better at SG or SF and a "real" playmaker is needed at PG.

The pro PG group are another group of fans who feel like he has a good feel for the game as a PG, if not all the driving and aggression, which in part are limited by ability but also in large part because of a team first mentality and differential manner as a result of that but also in part because of personality, age and culture change. This group is banking on those attributes mixing with true untapped potential which will yield a good player. Further splits occur over just how good that team first player will be, from solid, to very good to awesome (smallest group of all).

And then there was Kinglee, who I'm pretty sure was convinced Frank boned his mom. :D

I see it as, he's a combo guard on offense, he has the vision to be a PG, but not the handles, so he'll need another playmaker next to him, but on defense he has insane potential when guarding opposing PGs, especially in today's game where forcing a mismatch from screens is a huge part of offenses. Against SGs, he's good defensively, but it's more valuable for him to be on the PG

If we're gonna pair him up with another PG, I don't want a small, defensively challenged guard like Burke or Trae Young, I want a guard that is big enough to defend either guard position, and has some playmaking ability. Which is why I like SGA in the draft as a trade down option, he checks all the boxes

Also, RIP Kinglee. Dude was one of the funnier posters on the board


All good points. In my mind, your variation is part of 2nd group of posters who aren't totally into Frank as a PG but like how his playmaking profiles, but pretty sure I didn't really articulate that in there

Kinglee - Sometimes he irked me, but he'd make some good points, but would revert to self righteous thing which had to be his downfall. I liked to bust on him but actually enjoyed the back and forth.


What happened to kinglee? Perma ban?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Tron Carter
General Manager
Posts: 9,264
And1: 6,586
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: NBA Purgatory
 

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#807 » by Tron Carter » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:33 pm

Frank Ntillmatic aka The French Prince of New York > Midget Smith Jr. #BongaBrigade
fatalogic
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,685
And1: 1,156
Joined: Apr 26, 2017
 

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#808 » by fatalogic » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:55 pm

Tron Carter wrote:

I know it's a tough angle but if they are both listed at 6'6 right now, Frank looks broader. Dotson is listed at 205lbs so I wonder what Frank is at now.
Juco24
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,366
And1: 717
Joined: Feb 12, 2013

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#809 » by Juco24 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Damn! Dotson looks beefy as well!!! Wow, great job guys!!
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,811
And1: 3,680
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#810 » by Are We Ther Yet » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:49 pm

nobody talking bout KP2 in the pic? Swole city!!! :lol: That is him right?
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
Juco24
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,366
And1: 717
Joined: Feb 12, 2013

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#811 » by Juco24 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:26 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:nobody talking bout KP2 in the pic? Swole city!!! :lol: That is him right?

Lol. Uummmm he's sweating hard! Keep it up Luke!! :P
levendis
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,465
And1: 893
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
       

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#812 » by levendis » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:11 am

Tron Carter wrote:


meanwhile...

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
Nazrmohamed
Analyst
Posts: 3,237
And1: 1,390
Joined: May 16, 2013
     

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#813 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:59 am

fatalogic wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

I know it's a tough angle but if they are both listed at 6'6 right now, Frank looks broader. Dotson is listed at 205lbs so I wonder what Frank is at now.


Dotson is 6'5 and that might even be rounded up. He's also not a long player but solid. Remember he was a 23 yr old rookie. But in any case, Frank looks huge. Can't wait.
User avatar
knicksh20b
Head Coach
Posts: 6,382
And1: 2,390
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
   

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#814 » by knicksh20b » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:31 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:I mean what did people expect? When we drafted Frank he was going to be a project, you knew his rookie year was going to be not as stellar as some of his fellow draft mates. However Frank is starting to look the part of a NBA player, no strength and conditioning up until this year. He's putting in the work to transform his body, he's putting in the work to improve his game.

He's looking the part of a NBA player. Talent with Frank isn't the problem, it's confidence and mental. I'm expecting a nice step forward from him next year and year three he really emerges as an great two way player. Just imagine, he's going to be even better defensively next year because of the strength.


Knick fans: "I wish we'd swing for the fences and draft a project but develop him"

Knicks draft project

Knick fans: "This guy sucks"


Knicks fans: “let’s combine all the Knicks fans with their various opinions on this board into one poster and create a straw man so I can sound smart and point out how they disagree with each other”


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 37,935
And1: 13,691
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#815 » by K P 6 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:38 pm

Small sample size of dominance with Kp and Frank is enough for me. Kid is a Point Guard. Get Mikal in here.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. Porzinigis Army. Mikal/KNOX MOB.
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 22,722
And1: 14,336
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#816 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 pm

knicksh20b wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:I mean what did people expect? When we drafted Frank he was going to be a project, you knew his rookie year was going to be not as stellar as some of his fellow draft mates. However Frank is starting to look the part of a NBA player, no strength and conditioning up until this year. He's putting in the work to transform his body, he's putting in the work to improve his game.

He's looking the part of a NBA player. Talent with Frank isn't the problem, it's confidence and mental. I'm expecting a nice step forward from him next year and year three he really emerges as an great two way player. Just imagine, he's going to be even better defensively next year because of the strength.


Knick fans: "I wish we'd swing for the fences and draft a project but develop him"

Knicks draft project

Knick fans: "This guy sucks"


Knicks fans: “let’s combine all the Knicks fans with their various opinions on this board into one poster and create a straw man so I can sound smart and point out how they disagree with each other”


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app


Or it could be that you missed that it's exaggerating to make a joke.

Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 26,695
And1: 12,667
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#817 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:00 pm

The Mudiay Pedicure is sad funny. The guy obviously is completely clueless that people would take that as a bad omen. Which it probably is. Nobody cares anyway I guess. He'lll be a practice player for one season and then gone unless Fiz is some kind of miracle worker
..................................................................STABLE
Image
..................................................................GENIUS
Moose
Veteran
Posts: 2,999
And1: 966
Joined: Feb 20, 2002

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#818 » by Moose » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:11 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:The Mudiay Pedicure is sad funny. The guy obviously is completely clueless that people would take that as a bad omen. Which it probably is. Nobody cares anyway I guess. He'lll be a practice player for one season and then gone unless Fiz is some kind of miracle worker


To be fair, I assume most of these players get this sort of treatment. Their feet get beat up and they have to (or at least should) take care if them.

But it also doesn't mean you have to post a video about it
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 26,695
And1: 12,667
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#819 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Moose wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:The Mudiay Pedicure is sad funny. The guy obviously is completely clueless that people would take that as a bad omen. Which it probably is. Nobody cares anyway I guess. He'lll be a practice player for one season and then gone unless Fiz is some kind of miracle worker


To be fair, I assume most of these players get this sort of treatment. Their feet get beat up and they have to (or at least should) take care if them.

But it also doesn't mean you have to post a video about it


Would have been much more entertaining though if he posted a video of him giggling in a Michael Jackson voice, "I'm so ticklish!" while getting one of these fish pedictures

Image
..................................................................STABLE
Image
..................................................................GENIUS
NYKAL
Head Coach
Posts: 7,352
And1: 1,454
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: LAND O NOD

Re: Frank Ntilikina - Rookie Year 

Post#820 » by NYKAL » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:24 pm

K P 6 wrote:Small sample size of dominance with Kp and Frank is enough for me. Kid is a Point Guard. Get Mikal in here.


:clap: :pray:

Return to New York Knicks