ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official Knicks Coaching Vacancy News Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who do you think the Knicks WILL pick?

David Fizdale
15%
David Blatt
21%
Mark Jackson
14%
Jerry Stackhouse
27%
Mike Woodson
3%
Jeff Van Gundy
8%
Jay Wright
6%
Other
6%

Total votes: 170

Retired_Doc
Analyst
And1: 367

Re: The Official Knicks Coaching Vacancy News Thread 

Post#81 » by Retired_Doc » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:19 pm

What shocks me about so many of you here is that you're thinking the Knicks should hire a Head Coach with experience. Such as Fizzdale or JizzDale or Grizzdale or whatever his name is. Why would we need to waste money on an expensive experienced Head Coach?? Haven't you folks received the memo yet? Clearly we are tanking next year. The F.O. admitted we are in a 2-3 yr rebuild.

So why would you want an experienced coach here wasting his time trying to win? :banghead:

Win WHAT? The eighth seed? Is that what you folks really want? :banghead: I don't.

I am proposing Becky Hammon. When we lose next year and get a very high draft pick no one will blame us. They'll say "The Knicks weren't tanking, they lost because they're coached by a woman!

Then 2 to 3 yrs from now, and armed with three great draft picks as well as a couple FA's, Becky takes us all the way to the championship. And we make history!

Stop with the love affair with male coaches. They haven't won anything for us since 1973! It's time for a change.
Tanking again, I suppose. Is there any other way?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,307

Post#82 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:23 pm

So far...we've heard 5 different lists. Coaches like Woodson added. We've been told they met with guys. Then they will meet them this week. Then we are down to a final three. Then Blatt is coming over for an interview. We want a past Knick...yada yada yada.

It's all click bait BS. No one has a clue.
:beer: RIP mags
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,260

Post#83 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:25 pm

Retired Doc better hit Twitter and start ramping up the Becky talk
ImageImageImage
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,211

Post#84 » by Kampuchea » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:28 pm

Red Vines wrote:If Mark Jackson does great in the interview process and stands out as the right guy I have no problem with it. I don't care about his past mistakes in his personal life, he has a lot of people vouching for him.

I thought there were a lot of people vouching against him? Which is part of the reason he was ejected from GS?
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#85 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:31 pm

Under no circumstance is Mark Jackson a good call. None.

I have Stackhouse as my realistic number one, with Blatt slightly behind them. Essentially the same tier, but I have Stackhouse a bit ahead because of player development.

If Wright were a viable option, he’d be above both (same with Messina, but he’d be below Wright).
Retired_Doc
Analyst

Post#86 » by Retired_Doc » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:32 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Retired Doc better hit Twitter and start ramping up the Becky talk

I'm on the way, sir! :D :D

Seriously, if I'm the Knicks F.O. I hire her immediately. WHAT a press conference! Wow!

We don't expect her to win in her first two years. Good. That's exactly what we want.

An experienced male coach will try to win now. He will be desperate to win. He won't bother to develop players. Becky will. (She told me :D )
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Post#87 » by GONYK » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:33 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:Under no circumstance is Mark Jackson a good call. None.

I have Stackhouse as my realistic number one, with Blatt slightly behind them. Essentially the same tier, but I have Stackhouse a bit ahead because of player development.

If Wright were a viable option, he’d be above both (same with Messina, but he’d be below Wright).

Realistic as in who they WILL hire?

I'm all in on taking a chance on Stack. I think I could see him behind Fiz and possibly Blatt in terms of how seriously he's being considered (at this pre-interview stage). Especially since we reportedly reached out to Fizdale weeks ago.
Sprewell_8
Junior
And1: 183

Post#88 » by Sprewell_8 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:35 pm

Red Vines wrote:If Mark Jackson/insert name does great in the interview process and stands out as the right guy I have no problem with it. I don't care about his past mistakes in his personal life, he has a lot of people vouching for him.

Posts from 2009 and 2029. Quite an achievement.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#89 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:35 pm

GONYK wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:Under no circumstance is Mark Jackson a good call. None.

Realistic as in who they WILL hire?

I'm all in on taking a chance on Stack. I think I could see him behind Fiz and possibly Blatt in terms of how seriously he's being considered (at this pre-interview stage). Especially since we reportedly reached out to Fizdale weeks ago.

Realistic in terms of actually taking the job.
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#90 » by Wonderllama » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:37 pm

I want it to be Jay Wright, but I expect it to be Jerry Stackhouse. Fine with either one.

Any of those other failed bums... I'm so done with this franchise
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#91 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Retired_Doc wrote:What shocks me about so many of you here is that you're thinking the Knicks should hire a Head Coach with experience. Such as Fizzdale or JizzDale or Grizzdale or whatever his name is. Why would we need to waste money on an expensive experienced Head Coach?? Haven't you folks received the memo yet? Clearly we are tanking next year. The F.O. admitted we are in a 2-3 yr rebuild.

So why would you want an experienced coach here wasting his time trying to win? :banghead:

Win WHAT? The eighth seed? Is that what you folks really want? :banghead: I don't.

I am proposing Becky Hammon. When we lose next year and get a very high draft pick no one will blame us. They'll say "The Knicks weren't tanking, they lost because they're coached by a woman!

Then 2 to 3 yrs from now, and armed with three great draft picks as well as a couple FA's, Becky takes us all the way to the championship. And we make history!

Stop with the love affair with male coaches. They haven't won anything for us since 1973! It's time for a change.

How many Women head coaches have won the ring in the NBA since 1973? I mean you really pushing this Becky Hammon thing huh. Let me Guess no males should not be hired anymore in the NBA, and only women should be hired now huh?

Retired_Doc
Analyst

Post#92 » by Retired_Doc » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Retired_Doc wrote:What shocks me about so many of you here is that you're thinking the Knicks should hire a Head Coach with experience. Such as Fizzdale or JizzDale or Grizzdale or whatever his name is. Why would we need to waste money on an expensive experienced Head Coach?? Haven't you folks received the memo yet? Clearly we are tanking next year. The F.O. admitted we are in a 2-3 yr rebuild.

How many Women coaches have won in the NBA since 1973? I mean you really pushing this Becky Hammond thing huh. Let me Guess no males should not be hired anymore in the NBA and only women should be hired now huh?

Oh by no means I am suggesting that ONLY females be hired as Head Coaches. I am not aware of 30 super qualified females ready to step in and take the job. The ONLY female with NBA experience is Becky Hammon. And she has personal references from NBA players and a highly regarded NBA Coach.

And more importantly, she fits what we need right now. We don't want to win next year do we? I don't. She's perfect for next year.

Why bring in an experienced male coach whose ego will cause him to want to win now and not develop players?
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#93 » by aq_ua » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:49 pm

The bald opossum has heard from an equally reliable rodent that the list will now include Don Chaney.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Post#94 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:53 pm

I have to catch up on this thread, but what is this nonsense Mills/Perry spewing about hiring a coach the fans "know" so they can "get behind him"

Yo, assh*les, your team sells out the Garden regularly because there are that many well to do people who need something to do with their free cash 41 times a year. And then there are the fans that actually care. The place basically prints money and sell outs. And they feel the need to get someone who excites the fans? F*ck what might get the fans "excited" about a coach based on the name. 1/2 the knobs that show up at the Garden aren't even hardcore fans. So they don't even care who coaches. And the fans that actually care just want a good team.

The only thing I'm holding onto right now is that the reporter who stated that is talking out their ass.

Why do I fear that Isiah has been boosting Mark Jackson in Dolan's ear?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,307

Post#95 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:53 pm

Larry Brown and Rick Pitino have been added to the list.
:beer: RIP mags
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#96 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:53 pm

Retired_Doc wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

How many Women coaches have won in the NBA since 1973? I mean you really pushing this Becky Hammond thing huh. Let me Guess no males should not be hired anymore in the NBA and only women should be hired now huh?

Oh by no means I am suggesting that ONLY females be hired as Head Coaches. I am not aware of 30 super qualified females ready to step in and take the job. The ONLY female with NBA experience is Becky Hammon. And she has personal references from NBA players and a highly regarded NBA Coach.

And more importantly, she fits what we need right now. We don't want to win next year do we? I don't. She's perfect for next year.

Why bring in an experienced male coach whose ego will cause him to want to win now and not develop players?

Do you have any evidence that women dont have Egos? Cause in reality, women would HAVE to outperform a man and win. If a woman coach is not winning games, whats the point. All she is doing is proving the naysayers right.

Also what Female head Coach you know off that has Developed NBA players?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,896

Post#97 » by DaGawd » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:55 pm

Fk it bring Woody home
BaF
Washington Wizards
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,739

Post#98 » by GIMME_DATT » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:55 pm

Blatt is the only guy a mills pixk who can save this team from picking Jackson

I will be shocked if they actually choose anybody other than blatt or Jackson
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Post#99 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:55 pm

Steak or Blatt Kosher?

I'll take the steak
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#100 » by AllanHoustonFan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:56 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Larry Brown and Rick Pitino have been added to the list.

Spike Lee and Chris Rock too.
#MKGA

Return to New York Knicks