ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Swedish DJ Avicii Dead at 28!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Re: OT: Swedish DJ Avicii Dead at 28! 

Post#21 » by magnumt » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:31 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Who?

That's a dickish thing to say. Even if you don't know who he was, a simple condolences or nonresponse would have sufficed. :roll:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#22 » by Phish Tank » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:43 pm

Avicii's debut album got me through a lot and a lot of long nights at my first job out of college.

It's sad to see how the lifestyle unfortunately consumed him over the last few years. He's only a few months younger than me, scary. Perhaps it's a wakeup call to everyone in the industry, from fans to entertainers.

Clearly Avicii has had a significant impact on many people's lives. I'm sure this must be a difficult time for his friends and family.

RIP.
Loisl
Veteran
And1: 187

Post#23 » by Loisl » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:03 pm

Never liked his music. Just not m type of music.
But he clearly had a lot of talent and success. I respect that.

Always sad to see someone go at that age. RIP :(
R.I.P. Mags - :beer:
Once a Knick, always a Knick.
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#24 » by NYKHardKnock » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Phish Tank wrote:Avicii's debut album got me through a lot and a lot of long nights at my first job out of college.

It's sad to see how the lifestyle unfortunately consumed him over the last few years. He's only a few months younger than me, scary. Perhaps it's a wakeup call to everyone in the industry, from fans to entertainers.

Clearly Avicii has had a significant impact on many people's lives. I'm sure this must be a difficult time for his friends and family.

RIP.
It'll never happen. That lifestyle is too stressful. People think the dream life is to be famous and rich. I'd hate it. Well actually I'd like to be normal and rich lol. But to have so much clout that you cant even walk out your house would cause me so much anxiety that I cant live like a normal person, maybe it's just me. NHL players has it best, they're so average looking with average height most of them go unnoticed for the most part, unless they're true superstars or you got an ugly mug like Ovechkin LOL. I'd hate to be famous.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#25 » by gavran » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:20 am

And Keith Richards is still touring.

Return to New York Knicks