ImageImageImageImageImage

King James to the Mecca?!

Moderators: moocow007, Capn'O, FrontOfficeEye, magnumt, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

NYKnicks6
Junior
Posts: 487
And1: 273
Joined: May 19, 2010
Location: MSG
         

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#221 » by NYKnicks6 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:21 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Fury wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
i'll take lebron. but kanter was talking all reckless "is he king or queen or princess" and now he's in a video sheepishly saying "come join me brother". it's kind of sad and desperate. he knows lebron don't like him.


Yeah Kanter is a cuck now


It would feel dirty and I would always feel that way if we win because LeBron came here. I don't like him. I don't care how great he is. I get how crazy that can sound but, I just feel that way. It would always be reported with that slant too. That he saved us. Fuq that.

I can't knock people who would be ok with it but, with all the trash he's talked about not coming here and our players etc....I just don't like it. Look at Kanter slurping his knob now. Pathetic.

I would rather build from the ground up and add a younger FA Star to add to the mix. Even if it takes longer.


I feel exactly the same way :nod:
Image
User avatar
bigfnjoe96
Head Coach
Posts: 6,143
And1: 1,586
Joined: Jul 02, 2009
       

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#222 » by bigfnjoe96 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Anyone see the article about Pills speaking with Rich Paul about Fizz.....

Image

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Image
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 18,641
And1: 8,653
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
Location: "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"
       

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#223 » by 2010 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:06 pm

James also told the Plain Dealer: “I’m happy for Fiz, obviously. He gets an opportunity to showcase what he’s about. So, we’ll see what happens. Obviously, I don’t speak for the Knicks at all, but I’m happy for Fiz.”


https://nypost.com/2018/05/11/knicks-quizzed-lebrons-agent-to-check-on-david-fizdale/

Lebron energy is always wonky about NYC. No way in hell dude is coming here. Ioncare if Noah is stretched/traded, KOQ/Kanter opt out, Lee is traded for an expiring, etc.

Dude ain't feelin NYK.
Toronto Raptors

PG: L. Ball | S. Larkin | M. James
SG: B. Hield | T. Evans | M. Harris
SF: J. Simmons | D. Williams | A. Anderson
PF: D. Green | S. Ibaka | J. Martin
C: S. Adams | B. Wright | D. Jones
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 24,383
And1: 16,441
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#224 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri May 11, 2018 9:12 pm

2010 wrote:
James also told the Plain Dealer: “I’m happy for Fiz, obviously. He gets an opportunity to showcase what he’s about. So, we’ll see what happens. Obviously, I don’t speak for the Knicks at all, but I’m happy for Fiz.”


https://nypost.com/2018/05/11/knicks-quizzed-lebrons-agent-to-check-on-david-fizdale/

Lebron energy is always wonky about NYC. No way in hell dude is coming here. Ioncare if Noah is stretched/traded, KOQ/Kanter opt out, Lee is traded for an expiring, etc.

Dude ain't feelin NYK.

cause he a bitch and he ain't built for new york
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Royce O'Neale/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Kyle Anderson/Glenn Robinson
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
User avatar
GEOLINK
Starter
Posts: 2,344
And1: 1,449
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#225 » by GEOLINK » Fri May 11, 2018 10:39 pm

Dolan would give LeBron a key to his bank account if he would ever sign here. Might even give him ownership stake.
User avatar
GEOLINK
Starter
Posts: 2,344
And1: 1,449
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#226 » by GEOLINK » Fri May 11, 2018 10:44 pm

Actually, it's funny how LeBron has had his problems with Gilbert in Cleveland. James Dolan would absolutely bend over for LeBron.

Y'all thought Carmelo was bad. ****, we haven't seen the worse of it.
User avatar
DaGawd
RealGM
Posts: 13,304
And1: 10,846
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Queens, NY
     

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#227 » by DaGawd » Fri May 11, 2018 10:47 pm

GEOLINK wrote:Actually, it's funny how LeBron has had his problems with Gilbert in Cleveland. James Dolan would absolutely bend over for LeBron.

Y'all thought Carmelo was bad. ****, we haven't seen the worse of it.

Carmelo never deserved that kind of treatment..psuedo "superstar"
User avatar
GEOLINK
Starter
Posts: 2,344
And1: 1,449
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#228 » by GEOLINK » Fri May 11, 2018 10:48 pm

DaGawd wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Actually, it's funny how LeBron has had his problems with Gilbert in Cleveland. James Dolan would absolutely bend over for LeBron.

Y'all thought Carmelo was bad. ****, we haven't seen the worse of it.

Carmelo never deserved that kind of treatment..psuedo "superstar"

I'll admit he had me fooled when it happened.
User avatar
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 48,837
And1: 12,107
Joined: Oct 10, 2003
   

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#229 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 14, 2018 6:05 pm

To me KP's future is not so bright that you don't deal him for Kawhi and LeBron, essentially. Yeah it's yet another abandonment of growth in favor of a short-term plan, but so what - Kawhi is not old and your long-term plan is only as good as the guys you are banking on.

KP is going to be good, Spurs can make him great, but I don't have that much confidence in that happening here.

Also then you use some other assets - the pick, something else, to add a third piece. That team won't be guaranteed to be ahead of the 6ers or Boston, far from it, but it does put you in the running for ECF at least. Kawhi healthy is better than anybody Bron has ever played with besides Wade for a year or so and maybe Kyrie for one playoff run.

Unload some other assets for a guy LIKE Beal if possible. Then you have an instant team.

I'd like to keep Frank with Bron if that happened. Frank could really thrive next to him I think. Probably need at least another shooter and some size but I'd go with Kyle on that squad.

Kevin Love is garbage. The dude's game is pathetically embarrassing and so is JR of course. Just a footnote but it is relevant to the overall calculation here.

If Bron ain't interested, then we keep doing what we're doing and hope for the best.
Image
Kinglee
Veteran
Posts: 2,998
And1: 1,171
Joined: Feb 20, 2017

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#230 » by Kinglee » Mon May 14, 2018 7:13 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
James also told the Plain Dealer: “I’m happy for Fiz, obviously. He gets an opportunity to showcase what he’s about. So, we’ll see what happens. Obviously, I don’t speak for the Knicks at all, but I’m happy for Fiz.”


https://nypost.com/2018/05/11/knicks-quizzed-lebrons-agent-to-check-on-david-fizdale/

Lebron energy is always wonky about NYC. No way in hell dude is coming here. Ioncare if Noah is stretched/traded, KOQ/Kanter opt out, Lee is traded for an expiring, etc.

Dude ain't feelin NYK.

cause he a bitch and he ain't built for new york


Lebron has accomplished all he need to accomplish. It's no such thing as ruining his legacy. He's not scared of New York. The media is everywhere, radio is everywhere, fans are everywhere. This crap about oh such and such can't handle New York is bull. Bottom line is players avoid New York because its an overrated franchise, with horrible management, and the players get traded away and bashed and no one says **** about the organization. The franchise doesn't put players in a position to succeed so you only waste your career when you come here
B.A.T. ATLANTA HAWKS

PG: Jeff Teague/Shaun Livingston/Tyus Jones
SG: Danny Green/Kyle Korver/Mike Miller
SF: Kevin Durant/Joe Johnson/James Ennius
PF: Paul Milsap/David West/Jonas Jerebko
C: Tyson Chandler/Bismack Biyombo/Jason Smith
User avatar
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 48,837
And1: 12,107
Joined: Oct 10, 2003
   

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#231 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 14, 2018 7:29 pm

Bron does make some putdown comments about the Knicks, and some of that is deserved. He definitely seems focused on disliking the Knicks. I don't know. Who knows. But I do think there is a thinner line between love and hate lots of times.
Image
Kinglee
Veteran
Posts: 2,998
And1: 1,171
Joined: Feb 20, 2017

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#232 » by Kinglee » Mon May 14, 2018 7:34 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Bron does make some putdown comments about the Knicks, and some of that is deserved. He definitely seems focused on disliking the Knicks. I don't know. Who knows. But I do think there is a thinner line between love and hate lots of times.


Probably has more to do with our 2010 approach with Walsh looking crazy in the wheelchair, Phils comments towards his crew, Dolan handling of Oakley, and Knicks mishandling of Carmelo. He always showed NY the place love, but his hate seems solely towards the Knicks organization.
B.A.T. ATLANTA HAWKS

PG: Jeff Teague/Shaun Livingston/Tyus Jones
SG: Danny Green/Kyle Korver/Mike Miller
SF: Kevin Durant/Joe Johnson/James Ennius
PF: Paul Milsap/David West/Jonas Jerebko
C: Tyson Chandler/Bismack Biyombo/Jason Smith
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 20,399
And1: 10,845
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#233 » by El Poochio » Mon May 14, 2018 10:41 pm

Lol at people supporting the signings of likes of Jack Sessions but rejecting LeBron

If anything he will accelerate the rebuild as it forces you to clear the deadweight in cap
New Orleans Pelicans

G: M. Monk | G. Dragic | J. Lin
G: P. Mills | D. Wright
F: P. McCaw | N. Powell
F: J. Ingles | J. Winslow | DJ Wilson
C: K. Kuzma | J. Embiid | M. Muscala

Picks: 8 - 32 - 34 - 46 | 24/7 Open Wheelin n Dealin
User avatar
FemaleDogPlease
Starter
Posts: 2,403
And1: 1,123
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#234 » by FemaleDogPlease » Mon May 14, 2018 11:10 pm

If Lebron were to come to NY that would mean bye bye pick and KP.
User avatar
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 48,837
And1: 12,107
Joined: Oct 10, 2003
   

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#235 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 14, 2018 11:17 pm

GEOLINK wrote:Dolan would give LeBron a key to his bank account if he would ever sign here. Might even give him ownership stake.


He can't. At least not to lure him to come as a player.
Image
User avatar
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 48,837
And1: 12,107
Joined: Oct 10, 2003
   

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#236 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Kinglee wrote:

Lebron has accomplished all he need to accomplish. It's no such thing as ruining his legacy. He's not scared of New York. The media is everywhere, radio is everywhere, fans are everywhere. This crap about oh such and such can't handle New York is bull. Bottom line is players avoid New York because its an overrated franchise, with horrible management, and the players get traded away and bashed and no one says **** about the organization. The franchise doesn't put players in a position to succeed so you only waste your career when you come here


Agree that he can't mess up his legacy. Winning with the Knicks would be a pretty great final act.

Not sure about him being totally comfortable with the media. He is definitely a bit thin skinned but he's figured out how to contain that. He's also so great that the media wouldn't crap on him much.
Image
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 84,824
And1: 38,214
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: mpharris love jarrett jack

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#237 » by god shammgod » Mon May 14, 2018 11:26 pm

i love when kg starts talking himself into it
Image
All Praise Due to Im Coming Home!
User avatar
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
Posts: 14,296
And1: 2,850
Joined: May 05, 2004
Location: Not sure anymore.
   

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#238 » by BBALLER4FR » Mon May 14, 2018 11:35 pm

Why does this thread still live?

Image
User avatar
Javier Acosta
Pro Prospect
Posts: 931
And1: 350
Joined: Sep 24, 2014

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#239 » by Javier Acosta » Tue May 15, 2018 6:43 am

Iron Mantis wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:here goes your boy

Read on Twitter


went from trying to act tough to being a beg friend. that's a damn shame.


really, kanter? wow this is some embarassing ****.

The still image looks cringe-worthy enough.

I cannot bring myself to press the play button.

I would pay this man out of my own wallet just to opt out.


The blue dot is there to cover up Bron's tiny weiner in his mouth. You are better of not playing it.
Image
Galou
Ballboy
Posts: 48
And1: 30
Joined: Dec 16, 2017
Location: Brooklyn
     

Re: King James to the Mecca?! 

Post#240 » by Galou » Tue May 15, 2018 12:36 pm

I hope not. I refuse to call lebron King of NY.

I don't want him on the Knicks. Give me Kawhi.

Return to New York Knicks