ImageImageImageImageImage

NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13

User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 37,495
And1: 13,208
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#481 » by K P 6 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:36 pm

How can you be mad at Woody? We will have an assistant that players would actually listen to. You're talking about the guy who made JR buy in and Made Melo do his thing.

No one and I mean NO ONE listened to Kurt Rambis.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 22,134
And1: 13,667
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#482 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Capn'O wrote:I'm for it just for the firewood son pics and mic wudsen pls account.



Image
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 41,620
And1: 25,033
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: User Signature Removed
 

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#483 » by Capn'O » Tue May 15, 2018 3:46 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Capn'O wrote:I'm for it just for the firewood son pics and mic wudsen pls account.



Image


A quick Google scan shows way more firewood sons than there used to be.
Image
nytonm
Pro Prospect
Posts: 776
And1: 260
Joined: Jul 02, 2010

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#484 » by nytonm » Tue May 15, 2018 3:50 pm

I have no issue with Woodson as an assistant.

Also switching on screens is the best tactic if you have the personnel for it. If we add Mikal to Frank and KP we'll be well on our way to having the personnel.
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,247
And1: 6,007
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#485 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue May 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Don't get Woodson. Plenty of good hungry assistants out there.
A new era or error?
User avatar
knickstape4ever
Rookie
Posts: 1,083
And1: 414
Joined: Jul 09, 2014
   

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#486 » by knickstape4ever » Tue May 15, 2018 4:27 pm

K P 6 wrote:How can you be mad at Woody? We will have an assistant that players would actually listen to. You're talking about the guy who made JR buy in and Made Melo do his thing.

No one and I mean NO ONE listened to Kurt Rambis.


actually a few guys came out saying they liked Kurt Rambis. Beasley was 1.

“I love Kurt,” Beasley said. “I talked to him when we weren’t on the same team. He’s one of my favorite people — one of the best coaches I’ve played under. He’s always proved to be honest and always going to give it to you straight up. Honesty is like the mirror. Everybody’s scared of the truth.”

Nigel Hayes too (tho he wasn't really with the team long)

Hayes also was highly complimentary of Knicks assistant Kurt Rambis, who he said helped him improve his shot immensely with shoulder balance and said he’s a vital part of the staff.

“I love him,” Hayes said. “There’s one coach that keeps everything relaxed and chill and happy-go-lucky.”
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,187
And1: 15,900
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#487 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 15, 2018 5:28 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
K P 6 wrote:How can you be mad at Woody? We will have an assistant that players would actually listen to. You're talking about the guy who made JR buy in and Made Melo do his thing.

No one and I mean NO ONE listened to Kurt Rambis.


actually a few guys came out saying they liked Kurt Rambis. Beasley was 1.

“I love Kurt,” Beasley said. “I talked to him when we weren’t on the same team. He’s one of my favorite people — one of the best coaches I’ve played under. He’s always proved to be honest and always going to give it to you straight up. Honesty is like the mirror. Everybody’s scared of the truth.”

Nigel Hayes too (tho he wasn't really with the team long)

Hayes also was highly complimentary of Knicks assistant Kurt Rambis, who he said helped him improve his shot immensely with shoulder balance and said he’s a vital part of the staff.

“I love him,” Hayes said. “There’s one coach that keeps everything relaxed and chill and happy-go-lucky.”


Group think/hate likes to rear its head here at times.
Image
NYKAL
Head Coach
Posts: 7,304
And1: 1,416
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: LAND O NOD

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#488 » by NYKAL » Tue May 15, 2018 5:32 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Its only a matter of time folks....

Read on Twitter


Smfh.



Can't figure out why so many are down on bringing the last guy that brought us to the playoffs back as an assistant. He preaches defense and players like him so i'd have zero problem with him as a assistant. If it was for HC it would be a different story but it isn't.


say what you want but last time we had a respectable record, especially at home was under Woody.
NYKAL
Head Coach
Posts: 7,304
And1: 1,416
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: LAND O NOD

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#489 » by NYKAL » Tue May 15, 2018 5:35 pm

SpikJagger wrote:
Assistant coach Mike Woodson won't be returning to the Los Angeles Clippers staff next season, league sources tell ESPN. Woodson's departure off Doc Rivers' bench will create an opening for a top-level, defensive-minded assistant.


...

why can't we get a top-level, defensive-minded assistant though.

...

why we just settling on a defensive-minded assistant.

...

I want top level


what coaching staff doesn't have and assistant to work on the defense..........besides D'Antoni that is :)
NYKAL
Head Coach
Posts: 7,304
And1: 1,416
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: LAND O NOD

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#490 » by NYKAL » Tue May 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Jay10 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Its only a matter of time folks....

Read on Twitter


Smfh.



Can't figure out why so many are down on bringing the last guy that brought us to the playoffs back as an assistant. He preaches defense and players like him so i'd have zero problem with him as a assistant. If it was for HC it would be a different story but it isn't.


You trust him knowing he interviewed for the head coach position?

That man is going to be waiting in the weeds the way Mills did when it came to Phil messing up, and if he gets the Associate Head Coach position, he will become the interim if Fizdale is fired.

Also, if you're American or represented by CAA you will get a pass no matter what you do, the way he did when it came to blaming everyone for JR's f ups.


he's been an assistant on enough teams for him NOT to be considered a snake. At the same time it a good thing to have someone competent on the staff in case the coach is fired, needs time off or just isn't available.
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 18,480
And1: 17,341
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#491 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue May 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Woodson was Larry Browns Top assistant when the Pistons defense was the best. Thats where he made his name at. Him in that role back in the city would not be the worst hire by no means. Dude is not the coach...not sure why there are so many crying about this potential hire.
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: R. Holmes | T.Maker
PF J. Green | C. Diallo
SF B. Ingram | J. Bird
SG K. Middleton | 2K Ferg
PG M. Fultz | I. Whitehead
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 24,453
And1: 16,516
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#492 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue May 15, 2018 5:46 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Woodson was Larry Browns Top assistant when the Pistons defense was the best. Thats where he made his name at. Him in that role back in the city would not be the worst hire by no means. Dude is not the coach...not sure why there are so many crying about this potential hire.

they actin like we bringing back rambis :lol:
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Royce O'Neale/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Kyle Anderson/Glenn Robinson
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 24,453
And1: 16,516
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#493 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue May 15, 2018 6:09 pm

Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Royce O'Neale/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Kyle Anderson/Glenn Robinson
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,584
And1: 3,515
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#494 » by Are We Ther Yet » Tue May 15, 2018 6:14 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Woodson was Larry Browns Top assistant when the Pistons defense was the best. Thats where he made his name at. Him in that role back in the city would not be the worst hire by no means. Dude is not the coach...not sure why there are so many crying about this potential hire.


Because conspiracy!! Woodson will sabotage Fiz to take his job!!

I bet most were glad when we started playing defense after Woodson took over for Mike D....who QUIT.

I'm cool with it. Defense. It would be nice to see again.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
K P 6
RealGM
Posts: 37,495
And1: 13,208
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#495 » by K P 6 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:26 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Woodson was Larry Browns Top assistant when the Pistons defense was the best. Thats where he made his name at. Him in that role back in the city would not be the worst hire by no means. Dude is not the coach...not sure why there are so many crying about this potential hire.

they actin like we bringing back rambis :lol:

Like I said Woody aint no yes man I think he would thrive in an assistant role. Woody aint a bad coach at all. He should be a head coach in the league.
Image
Ntilikina Gang. SMFPB CMFGB SMFMB KMFPB FMFNB
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,187
And1: 15,900
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#496 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 15, 2018 6:29 pm

"Nah" Van Exel told us to take a hike?
Image
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 44,601
And1: 9,663
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
         

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#497 » by magnumt » Tue May 15, 2018 6:42 pm

I keep saying this, but I don't understand the hate for Woodson. The man took us to 54 Wins! Our most successful Season since Ewing!!! He also had our team playing very well on BOTH ends of the floor.

He'd be a WELCOMED addition to the Coaching staff and make Fizzy's life easier too.

I can't remember, did Porzingis get to play with Woodson?

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards
Damian Lillard / Austin Rivers / Ish Smith
Zach LaVine / Reggie Bullock / Malcolm Delaney
Gordon Hayward / Doug McDermott / Anthony Morrow
Kelly Olynyk / Greg Monroe / Luke Kornet
Alex Len / Al Jefferson / Boban Marjanovich
NYKAL
Head Coach
Posts: 7,304
And1: 1,416
Joined: Nov 10, 2004
Location: LAND O NOD

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#498 » by NYKAL » Tue May 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Woodson was Larry Browns Top assistant when the Pistons defense was the best. Thats where he made his name at. Him in that role back in the city would not be the worst hire by no means. Dude is not the coach...not sure why there are so many crying about this potential hire.


Because conspiracy!! Woodson will sabotage Fiz to take his job!!

I bet most were glad when we started playing defense after Woodson took over for Mike D....who QUIT.

I'm cool with it. Defense. It would be nice to see again.


HE was an assistant before and after his tenure here. Some people are acting like he has a reputation as a snake. The only conspiracy here is imaginary.
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,584
And1: 3,515
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#499 » by Are We Ther Yet » Tue May 15, 2018 7:15 pm

magnumt wrote:I keep saying this, but I don't understand the hate for Woodson. The man took us to 54 Wins! Our most successful Season since Ewing!!! He also had our team playing very well on BOTH ends of the floor.

He'd be a WELCOMED addition to the Coaching staff and make Fizzy's life easier too.

I can't remember, did Porzingis get to play with Woodson?

--Mags :beer:


No...KP started with Fishface.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
Knick4Real
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,181
And1: 1,037
Joined: Jan 20, 2005
Location: Porzingis-ville
 

Re: NY Knicks off season thread - Ast Coach updates pg 12&13 

Post#500 » by Knick4Real » Tue May 15, 2018 7:24 pm

If Kurt Rambis, Herb Williams, or Isiah Thomas were brought in as the top assistant, then there would be a problem. :banghead:

Talk of adding Woody as lead assistant should not even come close to the anger those names would bring.
Image

Return to New York Knicks