ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Lottery Night - Tuesday, 7:30 PM EST on ESPN

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who Gets The #1 Pick?!

Phoenix
13%
Memphis
6%
Dallas
5%
Atlanta
2%
Orlando
2%
Chicago
1%
Sacramento
2%
Cleveland
5%
New York
62%
Other (10-14)
1%

Total votes: 85

draftbarnes
Analyst
And1: 1,913

Re: 2018 Lottery Night - Tuesday, 7:30 PM EST on ESPN 

Post#1041 » by draftbarnes » Wed May 16, 2018 7:42 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
draftbarnes wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:It’s extremely frustrating knowing we have no way to complete with the Celtics the next 7,8 years and where gonna have to see them win multiple titles eventually.

Then next year even if we do stink enough to win the lottery which we probably won’t its one of the weaker drafts in years and there is nothing close to a generational talent

Weren't u just complaining about the Sixer's last year now you moved onto a new team

There right there too..I mentioned both the Sixers and Celtics last year were gonna dominate the east for a decade and it looks on its way to happening.

Sixefs are overrated right now let's see what happens in free agency

Embiid is real good

Fultz who knows

The other generational player can't make anything that/isn't a dunk or layup

They beat are crappy Miami team
On Curry declining

Pharmcat wrote:
Guest202 wrote:Didn't he score 30 two weeks ago on 5 of 10 from three?

you can still have good games in the decline, look at kobe's last game in his career
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#1042 » by Marty McFly » Wed May 16, 2018 7:45 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:It’s extremely frustrating knowing we have no way to complete with the Celtics the next 7,8 years and where gonna have to see them win multiple titles eventually.

Then next year even if we do stink enough to win the lottery which we probably won’t its one of the weaker drafts in years and there is nothing close to a generational talent

none of the talent on the celtics is generational, so this idea that we need one to compete with them is just wrong.

Tatums damn close..And if you don’t have a generational talent having 5 possible all stars on your team is pretty close..they’re gonna be in the finals and next year get Kyrie and Hayward back but we won’t have to compete with them? Lol wtf are you talking about?

Add in the Kings pick next year and the Grizzlies and Clippers unprotected picks in the next few years they have a ton of assets to get even better.

If you think their set up for the future isn’t much better then ours then you’re just being dellusional and homerish

first thing first, if you want to be in your feelings about this team do what you have to do.

secondly, who's said our team is poised to be in better position than them? no one has.

as far as the rest, I'm not going to get into it with you. go take your **** meds. you sound depressed as ****.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#1043 » by Marty McFly » Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm

it's like establishing a culture and developing your players is a completely alien concept to some. i understand being a fan of this team, but christ, get a grip.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#1044 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 16, 2018 7:50 pm

draftbarnes wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
draftbarnes wrote:Weren't u just complaining about the Sixer's last year now you moved onto a new team

There right there too..I mentioned both the Sixers and Celtics last year were gonna dominate the east for a decade and it looks on its way to happening.

Embiid is real good

Fultz who knows

Simmons is 19 unless you think he’s washed at that age he might get better you know?

Two young possible generational players is a pretty nice way to start..nothing’s guaranteed but any Knick fan would gladly take that roster
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1045 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:
none of the talent on the celtics is generational, so this idea that we need one to compete with them is just wrong.

Tatums damn close..And if you don’t have a generational talent having 5 possible all stars on your team is pretty close..they’re gonna be in the finals and next year get Kyrie and Hayward back but we won’t have to compete with them? Lol wtf are you talking about?

Add in the Kings pick next year and the Grizzlies and Clippers unprotected picks in the next few years they have a ton of assets to get even better.

If you think their set up for the future isn’t much better then ours then you’re just being dellusional and homerish

first thing first, if you want to be in your feelings about this team do what you have to do.

secondly, who's said our team is poised to be in better position than them? no one has.

as far as the rest, I'm not going to get into it with you. go take your **** meds. you sound depressed as ****.

Lol what are you talking about? I simply said the Celtics are poised to be great for years which most people who watch the nba would agree.
draftbarnes
Analyst
And1: 1,913

Post#1046 » by draftbarnes » Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
draftbarnes wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

Embiid is real good

Fultz who knows

Simmons is 19 unless you think he’s washed at that age he might get better you know?

Two young possible generational players is a pretty nice way to start..nothing’s guaranteed but any Knick fan would gladly take that roster

No/I don't think he is washed,but he has a huge hole in his game currently he can't shoot at all. He look like Michael Carter Williams vs boston

Slow down on the hype train
On Curry declining

Pharmcat wrote:
Guest202 wrote:Didn't he score 30 two weeks ago on 5 of 10 from three?

you can still have good games in the decline, look at kobe's last game in his career
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1047 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Marty McFly wrote:it's like establishing a culture and developing your players is a completely alien concept to some. i understand being a fan of this team, but christ, get a grip.

You still need talent which we lack..

If you think Fizdales gonna wave a magic wand and these guys are gonna make huge strides and become stars and change the trajectory of our future then give me what your taking.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1048 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 16, 2018 7:54 pm

draftbarnes wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
draftbarnes wrote:Sixefs are overrated right now let's see what happens in free agency

Embiid is real good

Fultz who knows

No/I don't think he is washed,but he has a huge hole in his game currently he can't shoot at all. He look like Michael Carter Williams vs boston

Because most rookies don’t do great in the playoffs..

The guy has immense talent and played like a 10 year pro most of the year.. he has a bad series and now he’s not that good? lol some of you are hillarious
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,265

Post#1049 » by Oscirus » Wed May 16, 2018 9:49 pm

We just cant win with the suns. We out tank them, they jump us, we outplay them, they jump up. :lol: So if Porter falls to us, is that an indication that something's really wrong with him?
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,306

Post#1050 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed May 16, 2018 10:02 pm

EricAnderson wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:it's like establishing a culture and developing your players is a completely alien concept to some. i understand being a fan of this team, but christ, get a grip.

If you think Fizdales gonna wave a magic wand and these guys are gonna make huge strides and become stars and change the trajectory of our future then give me what your taking.

You gotta start somewhere...which we are.

Anyone who thinks that nonsense you posted...I don't want what they're taking!!

We will have a roster dominated by youth that needs developing. With a new HC/offense/defense...that's going to come with losses and take AT LEAST 1 full season. Probably more. We should be in the lottery agsin next year. Unless of course Fizdale DOES have a magic wand. :lol:

Frank/Burke/Mud
Timmy/Dotson/Baker
Troy
KP
Lottery pick
CHI 2nd rd pick
2 2-way players

That's 12 players who all need work. KP out half the year. We will be bad. If Fizdale can coach...we will be lucky to be competitive in those losses.
:beer: RIP mags
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#1051 » by NoLayupRule » Wed May 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

We will have a roster dominated by youth that needs developing. With a new HC/offense/defense...that's going to come with losses and take AT LEAST 1 full season. Probably more. We should be in the lottery agsin next year. Unless of course Fizdale DOES have a magic wand. :lol:

Frank/Burke/Mud
Timmy/Dotson/Baker
Troy
KP
Lottery pick
CHI 2nd rd pick
2 2-way players

That's 12 players who all need work. KP out half the year. We will be bad. If Fizdale can coach...we will be lucky to be competitive in those losses.

yeah without KP there is zero chance we make the playoffs

hopefully Fiz does the right thing and develops those young guys and we finish next year with another top level pick and some cap space

but this year is gonna be a slow and long road
were gonna develop a commitment to a winning style and correct some bad tendencies at best

its amazing that Phily is worshiped here but trusting the process is never a part of anyones understanding of the plan here
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,306

Post#1052 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed May 16, 2018 10:39 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:

Frank/Burke/Mud
Timmy/Dotson/Baker
Troy
KP
Lottery pick
CHI 2nd rd pick
2 2-way players

hopefully Fiz does the right thing and develops those young guys and we finish next year with another top level pick and some cap space

were gonna develop a commitment to a winning style and correct some bad tendencies at best

its amazing that Phily is worshiped here but trusting the process is never a part of anyones understanding of the plan here

Exactly. They played 1 season and got whooped in the 2nd round. Good season. Good shape going forward. Took them YEARS to get there. They whiffed on multiple picks on the way Trust the process.

Knicks have just started the rebuild process. 1 year in. This team is never gonna be as good as Philly? We aren't as far behind as everyone thinks IMO. We just can't afford to whiff on any picks.

Frank becomes a starter. KP comes back healthy. We nail this pick. Develop 3-4 good players out of Burke/Troy/Mud/Dotson/Baker/Lottery pick/2nd rd pick or even a 2-way player. That's as good as Philly.

Lot of ifs and a lot of work to do but, our process is under way and IDGAF about Philly/Boston or anyone else. I have plenty to look forward to right here in NY.

LET'S GO KNICKS!!!
:beer: RIP mags
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1053 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed May 16, 2018 11:49 pm

Some of you might not be aware that Fizdale favors ball dominant clock milking point guards, so it doesn't surprise me that Colin Sexton will be the Knicks' draft pick. Dubbed as the "next Russell Westbrook with Eric Bledsoe's frame." He'll bring a lot of energy and relentless attacking.

Sexton who likes to score will automatically mean, KP is the #2 option playing out at the perimeter along with Tim Hardaway Jr #3 option...and Frank Ntilikina as defensive stopper.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#1054 » by NoLayupRule » Thu May 17, 2018 12:12 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Frank/Burke/Mud
Timmy/Dotson/Baker
Troy
KP
Lottery pick
CHI 2nd rd pick
2 2-way players

Exactly. They played 1 season and got whooped in the 2nd round. Good season. Good shape going forward. Took them YEARS to get there. They whiffed on multiple picks on the way Trust the process.

Knicks have just started the rebuild process. 1 year in. This team is never gonna be as good as Philly? We aren't as far behind as everyone thinks IMO. We just can't afford to whiff on any picks.

Frank becomes a starter. KP comes back healthy. We nail this pick. Develop 3-4 good players out of Burke/Troy/Mud/Dotson/Baker/Lottery pick/2nd rd pick or even a 2-way player. That's as good as Philly.

Lot of ifs and a lot of work to do but, our process is under way and IDGAF about Philly/Boston or anyone else. I have plenty to look forward to right here in NY.

LET'S GO KNICKS!!!

truthfully Philly screwed the pooch on most of their choices

it was just sitting on Embid for Years that paid off

without him no one is talking about them, just the 6'10" point guard who can't shoot. who I love, don't get me wrong

the knocks meanwhile could be looking at Frank, KP and Bridges as our three draftee starters. Thats three strong, long, defensive players with pretty solid 3 point range. If we can trade THjr for a solid SF like Crowder or something were not in bad shape at all

long, tough, defensive players like those three are something to be excited about especially when you can spend and attract in free agency in a couple of years
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Lottery Night - Tuesday, 7:30 PM EST on ESPN 

Post#1055 » by GONYK » Thu May 17, 2018 12:15 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Some of you might not be aware that Fizdale favors ball dominant clock milking point guards, so it doesn't surprise me that Colin Sexton will be the Knicks' draft pick. Dubbed as the "next Russell Westbrook with Eric Bledsoe's frame." He'll bring a lot of energy and relentless attacking.

Sexton who likes to score will automatically mean, KP is the #2 option playing out at the perimeter along with Tim Hardaway Jr #3 option...and Frank Ntilikina as defensive stopper.
That's Fizdale's preference based on what?
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,730

Re: RE: Re: 2018 Lottery Night - Tuesday, 7:30 PM EST on ESPN 

Post#1056 » by Handledatruth » Thu May 17, 2018 12:57 am

GONYK wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Some of you might not be aware that Fizdale favors ball dominant clock milking point guards, so it doesn't surprise me that Colin Sexton will be the Knicks' draft pick. Dubbed as the "next Russell Westbrook with Eric Bledsoe's frame." He'll bring a lot of energy and relentless attacking.

That's Fizdale's preference based on what?

Well he was intent on running the offense through Mike Conley Jr. What kind of coach runs his offense through his best player? :roll:

#sarcasm

Return to New York Knicks