ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who's Hotter?

Cap
10%
Mags
10%
KoC
7%
DK
2%
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
36%
Thugger
7%
GONYK
7%
Remi
10%
Moocow
10%
NLR
2%

Total votes: 42

rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,309

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#101 » by rajajackal » Thu Jun 7, 2018 2:56 pm

LofJ wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Save this thread. I've got a 3 layer crow cake for all of you, foolish enough to think the Knicks can move Courtney Lee.

Again as Bill Simmons said on the Ringer, "You don't waste valuable cap space on role players then hope a superstar signs with you." There is no such thing as "assets" in this business. There is only tanking and acquiring All-Stars.

How about Courtney Lee and 9 for Kemba Walker then?

you wild
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#102 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Jun 7, 2018 4:26 pm

Greenie deserves serious consideration in the “Who’s hotter” tourney. Passionate. Brings good game.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#103 » by Marty McFly » Thu Jun 7, 2018 11:29 pm

I'm in shock.

the audacity.

Kyrie's coming home?
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#104 » by Marty McFly » Thu Jun 7, 2018 11:39 pm

Chuck-Cheese wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Frank pkus 9th pick for Brown? Crazy talk.

I think so. Can’t see why Boston would do this

frank's statistical output was not that different from brown's his rookie season. in fact, he shot better from the free throw line, and averaged more assists than brown had. his value is obviously higher after his sophomore season, i'm just making note of it since some seem so enthused to consider frank, chopped liver.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Chuck-Cheese
Senior
And1: 230

Post#105 » by Chuck-Cheese » Fri Jun 8, 2018 12:03 am

Marty McFly wrote:
Chuck-Cheese wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Frank pkus 9th pick for Brown? Crazy talk.

I think so. Can’t see why Boston would do this

frank's statistical output was not that different from brown's his rookie season. in fact, he shot better from the free throw line, and averaged more assists than brown had. his value is obviously higher after his sophomore season, i'm just making note of it since some seem so enthused to consider frank, chopped liver.
I think frank is A very good prospect but not sure why Boston who is in win mode right now would take chance on Frank when they have more of a sure thing in Brown. Now obviously Frank could make that second year jump similar to Brown but I'm not sure why Boston would want to take that chance. I personally don't think the 9th pick is enough to roll the dice but who knows what Ainge thinks.
nyk2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

If LeBron leaves Cleveland... 

Post#106 » by nyk2017 » Sat Jun 9, 2018 4:00 am

... we can offer Cleveland the following trade:

NYK gets - Love

Cle gets - Noah and Baker

This allows to get rid of Noah and get some value in return. We can have Love play forward and help with outside shooting. Maybe he regains some value and we can eventually trade him for a profit. if it does not work out, we still save our 2020 cap space.

For Cleveland, this ensures that they will be in full tank mode. As a plus they save some salary in year 2 and possibly some tax relief as well.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Re: If LeBron leaves Cleveland... 

Post#107 » by NY2TheBay » Sat Jun 9, 2018 4:01 am

*WHEN

and STFU and GTFO.

feeling fiesty, sorry not sorry.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,754

Re: If LeBron leaves Cleveland... 

Post#108 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Jun 9, 2018 4:07 am

NY2TheBay wrote:*WHEN

and STFU and GTFO.

feeling fiesty, sorry not sorry.

When the cabernet talks, people listen
ImageImageImage
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,535

Post#109 » by Meat » Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:09 pm

Young is there at 9, the suns want him. 16 and 31 are givven. What else? Noah<-> chandler swap ?
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#110 » by Knicksfan20 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Meat wrote:Young is there at 9, the suns want him. 16 and 31 are givven. What else? Noah<-> chandler swap ?

I would need Marquise Chriss back also. Talent drop is a huge difference from 9 and 16. Chriss has a ton of talent but not the right mental. Maybe we can work with him.

Problem is we need Forwards and there is a lot of guard depth from 15-31 and we have a lot of guards. The key prospects at a position of need are in the top 13.
FemaleDogPlease
Veteran
And1: 1,473

Post#111 » by FemaleDogPlease » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Meat wrote:Young is there at 9, the suns want him. 16 and 31 are givven. What else? Noah<-> chandler swap ?

Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,000

Post#112 » by Reign23 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:13 pm

uff this thread
formerly known as knickst4pe
falcindor
General Manager
And1: 144

Post#113 » by falcindor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:45 am

Jokim Noah + #9 pick

for

Kemba Walker + Jeremy Lamb (Knicks release Lamb)
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#114 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:29 pm

Players the Knicks should look at in free agency.

Free agency is around the corner for the Knicks, who’ll have plenty of work to do to re-haul the roster and incrementally augment the talent level of the team. Bryan Gibberman and Charlie Zegers go through some interesting names in play for New York.

Bryan: The NBA season is officially over with the Golden State Warriors earning their third championship in four years. The push forward to catch Golden State continues for the best, while the Knicks hope to build up towards something as simple as respectability.

Two tools for the Knicks to make that improvement are going to be the 2018 NBA Draft and free agency.

The Knicks most likely will only have their $8 million exception to use in free agency and they shouldn’t shy away from giving out a multi-year deal(s) in a suppressed market that will look like steals once the league is flushed with money again in the near future.

It’s never a bad idea to spend money on good players that represent solid value. A good player can always be moved to open up cap space if that becomes a necessity later on down the line.

Here’s a list of free agents I think the Knicks should show interest in this offseason:

Center: Jerami Grant, Kevon Looney, Nerlens Noel;

Wing: Joe Harris, Mario Hezonja, David Nwaba (RFA that I think ends up being a tad too pricey or would take up the entire $8 million);

Lead Ball Handler: Seth Curry

Charlie, what are your thoughts on the low-budget list, and are their any players out there that you would deem worth it to open up cap space for to make a big move?

CHARLIE
I spent much of the last few weeks helping my kids prep for their final exams, so forgive the academic simile…but this feels like one of those multiple-choice questions where most of the answers feel like they could be the right one.

It would be a lot easier to predict Scott Perry’s free agent targets if not for two nagging facts:

The Knicks need pretty much everything
The Knicks’ roster is pretty much full
As things stand, the Knicks have the following players signed for next season:

Guards: Ron Baker, Trey Burke, Damyean Dotson, Tim Hardaway Jr., Courtney Lee, Emmanuel Mudiay, Frank Ntilikina;

Forwards/Centers: Enes Kanter, Joakim Noah, Kyle O’Quinn, Kristaps Porzingis, Lance Thomas, Troy Williams

That’s 13 players for 15 roster spots, not counting this year’s draft picks and last year’s two two-way contract guys, Luke Kornet and Isaiah Hicks.

Unfortunately, the guys that would be easiest to clear from this list—Burke and Williams are on non-guaranteed contracts—are players Perry probably wants to keep, while the guys he’d most like to dump—Noah, in particular—have the contracts only slightly less cumbersome than the albatross from that famous poem/Iron Maiden song.

So where do any new additions fit? I’m guessing the Knicks trade Lee, that Kanter and/or O’Quinn will opt out (my money’s on O’Quinn), and that they part ways with Noah in September. I’m also guessing that they draft a wing player in the first round, bring back Kornet, and are forced to take back a shorter-term bad contract in any Lee deal.

In that scenario, Perry would have a roster looking like this:

Guards: Baker, Burke, Dotson, Hardaway Jr., Mudiay, Ntilikina, SECOND ROUND PICK, BAD CONTRACT;

Forwards: Kanter, Porzingis, Thomas, Williams, LOTTERY PICK

That would give Perry a little bit of flexibility to chase a low-cost veteran or two on short, inexpensive “make-good” contracts. Of the players you listed, Nerlens Noel really fits the profile of a Perry acquisition—impressive draft pedigree, not much to show for it as of yet. And in a perfect world he’d make some sense playing next to Porzingis.

My best case scenario has Perry taking a page from the Yankees’ Brian Cashman playbook: Wait, see how the market develops, then sneak in later in the process, when prices are dropping a bit, and pick up the NBA equivalent of a Neil Walker and a Brandon Drury. (It’d help if he also nabbed the equivalent of an Aaron Judge in the draft and a Didi Gregorius in a Lee trade, but I’ve been a Knicks fan too long to expect that sort of thing.)

BRYAN
A guy neither of us brought up is bringing back Michael Beasley. I’m a firm “no,” despite him playing well when put in the right context.

Out of the players I listed there are two that’d I’d put up above the rest.

Let’s start with Jerami Grant. His ability to defend guards and wings on the perimeter would allow you to keep Porzingis closer to the basket to defend the rim. Grant can work as the dive man in the pick-and-roll to create a vertical threat for the guards and his explosive leaping ability helps him be a solid finisher off dump offs at the rim. It also give the Knicks roster another and athlete on the roster.

No. 2 on the list is Mario Hezonja. Hezonja was drafted by Perry when the Knicks’ general manager was in the Magic’s front office, and Mario finally showed some offensive flashes when give the opportunity this season. The still-23-year-old averaged 14 points on 46 percent shooting, 37 percent from three with 5.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 1.7 turnovers in the 30 games he started. By all accounts his defense is still a mess but he’s flashed enough positive that’d he’d be a nice 3/4 hybrid to invest some time in.

CHARLIE
I put Beasley in the same category as Lee: there’s a place for him in this league, but not on the Knicks. I’d only bring him back on another very short, very inexpensive deal, and I think he played well enough last season to merit a better deal than that.

(I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he landed on a contender next season.)

I’m a big fan of Grant—but I sort of suspect he has a lot of fans these days, and I worry that will inflate his price out of the Knicks’ range. I forgot about Perry’s connection to Hezonja—he does seem a likely option, as does Noel.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,342

Post#115 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Read on Twitter

What
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#116 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:12 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

What

Ummmmmmmm huh? Am i in some kind of fantasy land right now?
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,342

Post#117 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:15 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

What

The responses show that it’s a fake rumor account
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#118 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:21 pm

LofJ wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Save this thread. I've got a 3 layer crow cake for all of you, foolish enough to think the Knicks can move Courtney Lee.

Again as Bill Simmons said on the Ringer, "You don't waste valuable cap space on role players then hope a superstar signs with you." There is no such thing as "assets" in this business. There is only tanking and acquiring All-Stars.

How about Courtney Lee and 9 for Kemba Walker then?

No way. I don't want to trade the #9 pick for the best possible chance to pay a short score-first point guard max money into his 30's. Not saying that the value is not fair (probably an under-pay). The only reason I would do that is if the Cavs were selling their BETTER pick for Kemba.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,864

Post#119 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:34 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

What

The responses show that it’s a fake rumor account

In a perspective trade of:
Noah, Hardaway, Burke for Dieng, ColeWorld, Wiggins who says no first?

Wolves improve shooting/scoring with the Michigan back court, Thibs gets a toy back. Knicks get a younger big man who can play next to KP and obviously the partially guaranteed salary of Alderich. Wiggins and Dieng somewhat break the bank, but potentially fit better with KP.
Wolves line up:
KAT/Noahr
Gibs/Bjelca?
Butler/Troy Brown?
HardyTime/Rose/Jones
Teague/Burke

Knicks Tank:
Kanter/pick-a-plumlee
Dieng/UniKornet
Bridges/Lance
Wiggins/Dots/Lee
Frank/Mudiay/Aaron Holiday (somehow).
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
ForzaMetro
Senior
And1: 677

Post#120 » by ForzaMetro » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:49 pm

Yeah, HARD PASS on Wiggins. Long after Noah and his hair are just a distant memory, Wiggins will be making $30+ million a year to shoot 30% from three. Low efficiency, no defense, little (if any) growth after four seasons in the league.

Noah is gone after next season. Wiggins is locked up through 2022-23, with the last year at $33 million dollars. Noooo thank you. Suck it up and live with Noah.

Return to New York Knicks