ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, FrontOfficeEye, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, Thugger HBC, Capn'O, K-DOT, j4remi, Thorn, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36

Who's Hotter?

Cap
1
6%
Mags
3
18%
KoC
1
6%
DK
0
No votes
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
5
29%
Thugger
1
6%
GONYK
2
12%
Remi
1
6%
Moocow
2
12%
NLR
1
6%
 
Total votes: 17

newyorker4ever
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,353
And1: 1,638
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#121 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:13 am

ForzaMetro wrote:Yeah, HARD PASS on Wiggins. Long after Noah and his hair are just a distant memory, Wiggins will be making $30+ million a year to shoot 30% from three. Low efficiency, no defense, little (if any) growth after four seasons in the league.

Noah is gone after next season. Wiggins is locked up through 2022-23, with the last year at $33 million dollars. Noooo thank you. Suck it up and live with Noah.



I don't like Wiggins because of his shooting either but why is Noah gone after next year? He has two years left on his deal.
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 26,487
And1: 14,494
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#122 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:28 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Ummmmmmmm huh? Am i in some kind of fantasy land right now?


The responses show that it’s a fake rumor account


In a perspective trade of:
Noah, Hardaway, Burke for Dieng, ColeWorld, Wiggins who says no first?

Wolves improve shooting/scoring with the Michigan back court, Thibs gets a toy back. Knicks get a younger big man who can play next to KP and obviously the partially guaranteed salary of Alderich. Wiggins and Dieng somewhat break the bank, but potentially fit better with KP.
Wolves line up:
KAT/Noahr
Gibs/Bjelca?
Butler/Troy Brown?
HardyTime/Rose/Jones
Teague/Burke

Knicks Tank:
Kanter/pick-a-plumlee
Dieng/UniKornet
Bridges/Lance
Wiggins/Dots/Lee
Frank/Mudiay/Aaron Holiday (somehow).


If I was MIN I would say hell no.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
ForzaMetro
Sophomore
Posts: 159
And1: 125
Joined: Mar 19, 2017
     

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#123 » by ForzaMetro » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:05 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
ForzaMetro wrote:Yeah, HARD PASS on Wiggins. Long after Noah and his hair are just a distant memory, Wiggins will be making $30+ million a year to shoot 30% from three. Low efficiency, no defense, little (if any) growth after four seasons in the league.

Noah is gone after next season. Wiggins is locked up through 2022-23, with the last year at $33 million dollars. Noooo thank you. Suck it up and live with Noah.



I don't like Wiggins because of his shooting either but why is Noah gone after next year? He has two years left on his deal.


You’re right...the finals ended and I’m so anxious to get this off-season going I’ve already started considering 18-19 “this year” haha
newyorker4ever
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,353
And1: 1,638
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#124 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:07 am

Image
User avatar
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
Posts: 8,399
And1: 1,362
Joined: Aug 04, 2009

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#125 » by CrazyKnicks » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:00 am

Rockets are willing to dump picks to get rid of Anderson. We can also use this an opportunity to get rid of Hardaway since Adnerson's contract is a year shorter.
digitaldropoff
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,718
And1: 411
Joined: Sep 06, 2007

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#126 » by digitaldropoff » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:40 pm

CrazyKnicks wrote:Rockets are willing to dump picks to get rid of Anderson. We can also use this an opportunity to get rid of Hardaway since Adnerson's contract is a year shorter.


Is this implying that the Rox would give up way down the road future picks to add Hardaway? You know they want nothing but expirings, right?
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 22,722
And1: 14,336
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#128 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:16 am

Is there where we post trade scenarios where the Knicks get draft picks that never happen?
User avatar
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 22,620
And1: 2,927
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Kurt Rhombus is managing the defense...
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#129 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:04 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Is there where we post trade scenarios where the Knicks get draft picks that never happen?


For now yes. We are not going to be getting extra picks unless we are taking on unwanted salary. For example, could we trade Lee(solid player) and Lance Thomas (3rd year no entirely guaranteed) for Luol Deng and #25 this year? Sure (unless they traded away all 2019 firsts). But that doesn't really do much for us. Are we going to trade Lee and somehow get #14? Since Billy King isn't around I would say no.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
knicksanity
Ballboy
Posts: 22
And1: 6
Joined: Apr 12, 2018
 

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#130 » by knicksanity » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:31 am

Read on Twitter



Anyone want him?
LegoKnick76
Ballboy
Posts: 19
And1: 9
Joined: Jun 12, 2018
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#131 » by LegoKnick76 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:04 am

Sometimes the best trade is not making one
User avatar
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
Posts: 8,399
And1: 1,362
Joined: Aug 04, 2009

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#132 » by CrazyKnicks » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:15 am

https://theathletic.com/392853/2018/06/14/scotto-2018-nba-mock-draft-version-4-0-as-lottery-picks-are-shuffled-trade-talks-continue/

"The Memphis Grizzlies have gauged the trade market on a package of Chandler Parsons and the No. 4 overall pick, league sources told The Athletic. Parsons, who has missed 94 combined games over the past two seasons, is owed $49.2 million guaranteed over the next two seasons."

Opportunities likes this are how you build a contender, we should be all over this trade. Our 9th pick is a good start for this trade.

Heck even trade for Ryan Anderson for some to get additional picks and use them and the 9th pick for this deal. Our front office needs to get creative. We're not going to get the talent we need in FA to become contenders. Plenty of other teams (2 in our own division) with way better cores. We need to hit the draft hard and take some chances.
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 13,285
And1: 8,420
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#133 » by King of Canada » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:19 am

CrazyKnicks wrote:https://theathletic.com/392853/2018/06/14/scotto-2018-nba-mock-draft-version-4-0-as-lottery-picks-are-shuffled-trade-talks-continue/

"The Memphis Grizzlies have gauged the trade market on a package of Chandler Parsons and the No. 4 overall pick, league sources told The Athletic. Parsons, who has missed 94 combined games over the past two seasons, is owed $49.2 million guaranteed over the next two seasons."

Opportunities likes this are how you build a contender, we should be all over this trade. Our 9th pick is a good start for this trade.

Heck even trade for Ryan Anderson for some to get additional picks and use them and the 9th pick for this deal. Our front office needs to get creative. We're not going to get the talent we need in FA to become contenders. Plenty of other teams (2 in our own division) with way better cores. We need to hit the draft hard and take some chances.


That’s a lot of dough to eat, but it’s a legit shot at Doncic if they’re interested
BAF Pacers
Dragic/Knight/Mason
Doncic/******
Osman/Evans
Markkanen/J. Jackson
Porzingis/Giles/Pasecniks
Exempt F. Jackson

2018 cap space- $77
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 13,285
And1: 8,420
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#134 » by King of Canada » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:20 am

LegoKnick76 wrote:Sometimes the best trade is not making one


...but two!

Image
BAF Pacers
Dragic/Knight/Mason
Doncic/******
Osman/Evans
Markkanen/J. Jackson
Porzingis/Giles/Pasecniks
Exempt F. Jackson

2018 cap space- $77
User avatar
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
Posts: 8,399
And1: 1,362
Joined: Aug 04, 2009

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#135 » by CrazyKnicks » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:21 am

King of Canada wrote:
CrazyKnicks wrote:https://theathletic.com/392853/2018/06/14/scotto-2018-nba-mock-draft-version-4-0-as-lottery-picks-are-shuffled-trade-talks-continue/

"The Memphis Grizzlies have gauged the trade market on a package of Chandler Parsons and the No. 4 overall pick, league sources told The Athletic. Parsons, who has missed 94 combined games over the past two seasons, is owed $49.2 million guaranteed over the next two seasons."

Opportunities likes this are how you build a contender, we should be all over this trade. Our 9th pick is a good start for this trade.

Heck even trade for Ryan Anderson for some to get additional picks and use them and the 9th pick for this deal. Our front office needs to get creative. We're not going to get the talent we need in FA to become contenders. Plenty of other teams (2 in our own division) with way better cores. We need to hit the draft hard and take some chances.


That’s a lot of dough to eat, but it’s a legit shot at Doncic if they’re interested

We have Noah and Hardaway eating capspace anyway. Might as well go all in and by the time these contracts expire we will have cap space and probably a great core. It just makes sense, don't understand these NBA GMs...
newyorker4ever
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,353
And1: 1,638
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#136 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:33 am

CrazyKnicks wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
CrazyKnicks wrote:https://theathletic.com/392853/2018/06/14/scotto-2018-nba-mock-draft-version-4-0-as-lottery-picks-are-shuffled-trade-talks-continue/

"The Memphis Grizzlies have gauged the trade market on a package of Chandler Parsons and the No. 4 overall pick, league sources told The Athletic. Parsons, who has missed 94 combined games over the past two seasons, is owed $49.2 million guaranteed over the next two seasons."

Opportunities likes this are how you build a contender, we should be all over this trade. Our 9th pick is a good start for this trade.

Heck even trade for Ryan Anderson for some to get additional picks and use them and the 9th pick for this deal. Our front office needs to get creative. We're not going to get the talent we need in FA to become contenders. Plenty of other teams (2 in our own division) with way better cores. We need to hit the draft hard and take some chances.


That’s a lot of dough to eat, but it’s a legit shot at Doncic if they’re interested

We have Noah and Hardaway eating capspace anyway. Might as well go all in and by the time these contracts expire we will have cap space and probably a great core. It just makes sense, don't understand these NBA GMs...



So then you're a no go on signing Kyrie next off season then? I believe there is plenty of truth to him wanting to sign with us but if we take on Parsons then we can't sign Kyrie. I'm not sure a 1st round pick is worth losing Kyrie to me.
User avatar
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
Posts: 8,399
And1: 1,362
Joined: Aug 04, 2009

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#137 » by CrazyKnicks » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:51 am

newyorker4ever wrote:So then you're a no go on signing Kyrie next off season then? I believe there is plenty of truth to him wanting to sign with us but if we take on Parsons then we can't sign Kyrie. I'm not sure a 1st round pick is worth losing Kyrie to me.

I think a) Why would he sign here when he can sing in Boston? 2) Do we really need to sign a guy with bad knees again after what we went through with Amare? Not to mention KP's injury also, wouldn't want to build a team around those two. Even if both are healthy, you will need a lot more to contend. So yes, I am fine with not getting Kyrie.
User avatar
omerome
RealGM
Posts: 13,345
And1: 3,297
Joined: Aug 22, 2004
Location: Towson, MD

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#138 » by omerome » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:03 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
CrazyKnicks wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
That’s a lot of dough to eat, but it’s a legit shot at Doncic if they’re interested

We have Noah and Hardaway eating capspace anyway. Might as well go all in and by the time these contracts expire we will have cap space and probably a great core. It just makes sense, don't understand these NBA GMs...



So then you're a no go on signing Kyrie next off season then? I believe there is plenty of truth to him wanting to sign with us but if we take on Parsons then we can't sign Kyrie. I'm not sure a 1st round pick is worth losing Kyrie to me.

I am perfectly fine with not signing Kyrie. Our team isn't competing anyway and we need to get cheap young talent.
jbent87
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,805
And1: 758
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#139 » by jbent87 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:07 pm

knicksanity wrote:
Read on Twitter



Anyone want him?


Lol so in this day and age of the stretch 4/3 point shooting 5, Noahs people are pimping this video of a slimmed down version of him, still living in the paint. Yeah, this doesn't help that contract look any more attractive.
jbent87
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,805
And1: 758
Joined: Jul 02, 2015
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#140 » by jbent87 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:10 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
CrazyKnicks wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
That’s a lot of dough to eat, but it’s a legit shot at Doncic if they’re interested

We have Noah and Hardaway eating capspace anyway. Might as well go all in and by the time these contracts expire we will have cap space and probably a great core. It just makes sense, don't understand these NBA GMs...



So then you're a no go on signing Kyrie next off season then? I believe there is plenty of truth to him wanting to sign with us but if we take on Parsons then we can't sign Kyrie. I'm not sure a 1st round pick is worth losing Kyrie to me.


I came here for this, though. Swapping 9 for 4 while taking on that Parsons contract has to have some sort of validity to it. In a year or two you guys will have Frank, Porzingis and one of this drafts top 4 players going into FA with money to spend.

Return to New York Knicks