ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who's Hotter?

Cap
10%
Mags
10%
KoC
7%
DK
2%
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
36%
Thugger
7%
GONYK
7%
Remi
10%
Moocow
10%
NLR
2%

Total votes: 42

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,305

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#261 » by DOT » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:36 pm

J9Starks3 wrote:I wonder if there is some way we could convince the thunder to take Noah and an asset (Burke as a microwave off the bench) for Melo (we’d just cut him and let him sign wherever LeBron goes).

NYK Trade: Noah, Lee, Burke, 2nd rounder
OKC Trade: Melo

Opens up a 2nd max contract in ‘19

OKC
C : Adams - Noah
PF: Patterson
SF: PG - TFurg
SG: Lee - Roberson
PG: Westbrook - Burke

They would be a PF away from competing. Won’t happen - but this is the wishing well so I’m throwing my 2 cents in

That'd only get us to 50 million in space

Unless they're willing to take paycuts, you need to get rid of Tim, too
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#262 » by reub » Sun Jul 1, 2018 1:13 am

We should trade for Lonzo Ball if we can. I'd give the Lakers next year's #1 to get it done. He's a generational talent.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#263 » by digitaldropoff » Sun Jul 1, 2018 2:11 am

reub wrote:We should trade for Lonzo Ball if we can. I'd give the Lakers next year's #1 to get it done. He's a generational talent.

You'd give next year's lotto pick for Lonzo and his clown father? You realize that's the exact dude that Dolan will eat up and bring on his **** brothers. Lonzo is not a generational talent, he's going to be a slightly above average player at best...not worth moving when you can get quality youth just keeping the pick, and it will be with Lafail.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,445

Post#264 » by robillionaire » Sun Jul 1, 2018 2:13 am

reub wrote:We should trade for Lonzo Ball if we can. I'd give the Lakers next year's #1 to get it done. He's a generational talent.

I might actually do this too. I have more confidence in Lonzo than anybody in next years draft class as well as our ability to get a top pick in that draft class anyway
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#265 » by digitaldropoff » Sun Jul 1, 2018 3:10 am

robillionaire wrote:

I might actually do this too. I have more confidence in Lonzo than anybody in next years draft class as well as our ability to get a top pick in that draft class anyway

You realize if this were to happen, you just jinxed the Knicks getting the 1st pick the year they trade it! Curse!
eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#266 » by eagle54 » Sun Jul 1, 2018 11:18 am

K-DOT wrote:
J9Starks3 wrote:I wonder if there is some way we could convince the thunder to take Noah and an asset (Burke as a microwave off the bench) for Melo (we’d just cut him and let him sign wherever LeBron goes).

OKC

They would be a PF away from competing. Won’t happen - but this is the wishing well so I’m throwing my 2 cents in

That'd only get us to 50 million in space

Unless they're willing to take paycuts, you need to get rid of Tim, too

they want save money so a buy out for melo (like wade with bulls) is more probable than a trade.
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#267 » by Grover » Sun Jul 1, 2018 12:39 pm

Under the WIshing Well portion I hope for a reversal in last year’s strategy as Porzingis’ extension looms. I would rather see this as the year the team was able to get out from under Kanter, Hardaway, Lee, Thomas and Baker for expiring contracts regardless of future assets being included as long as they keep their future first round picks in the process. Taking on additional salary could convince a team to bite; something like Hardaway for Shumpert and Temple. Watch what the Clippers are doing this year for next and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Knicks as the sucker willing to take on Gallo for Kanter with Pills throwing in an asset to boot. Mills inherited flexibility but followed a long line of his predecessors in spending in lieu of taking on assets for absorbing expiring contracts and he screwed the pooch as soon as he showed very poor negotiating skills with Baker’s agent for a player who we knew would be a Knick footnote. My hope is for one of the newer management team or even Fizzdale to help Mills and Dolan evolve on cap management. It’s never too late but the clock is ticking on Porzingis, Frank and now Knox.
Knicksrule2k4
Analyst
And1: 926

Post#268 » by Knicksrule2k4 » Sun Jul 1, 2018 1:00 pm

Ian Begley

Shortly before midnight, several league execs were under the impression that Mario Hezonja saw the Knicks as his top choice in free agency. It will be interesting to see if a longer contract offer from another suitor impacts negotiations here.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#269 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jul 1, 2018 3:03 pm

robillionaire wrote:

I hate trading draft picks, especially 1st round draft picks, especially lottery picks, but i also believe L.Ball will become a really good player in the NBA, would still have to give thought about trading a lottery pick though, and his dad......oh my goodness his dad.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,369

Post#270 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Jul 1, 2018 3:06 pm

Knicksrule2k4 wrote:Ian Begley

Shortly before midnight, several league execs were under the impression that Mario Hezonja saw the Knicks as his top choice in free agency. It will be interesting to see if a longer contract offer from another suitor impacts negotiations here.

Even players from a foreign land know you Chris Webber\Grant Hill the Knicks. :D
Chuck-Cheese
Senior
And1: 230

Post#271 » by Chuck-Cheese » Sun Jul 1, 2018 3:11 pm

I’m not sure if trading for Ball is a good move or not. I guess it depends on where you see the Knicks picking in next years draft. However, he is not a generational talent. If he was, there would zero chance of trading for him using an uncertain future first.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#272 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Jul 1, 2018 3:30 pm

Chuck-Cheese wrote:
I’m not sure if trading for Ball is a good move or not. I guess it depends on where you see the Knicks picking in next years draft. However, he is not a generational talent. If he was, there would zero chance of trading for him using an uncertain future first.

Trading for Ball might be one of the best things or one of the worst things. Frank and Ball both are more interested in deferring than scoring at this point...
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,868

Post#273 » by 8516knicks » Mon Jul 2, 2018 12:34 am

The Knicks need a big scorer; hopefully a top 5 pick next year who also plays D. Ball is not that player.
30andoverclub
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#274 » by 30andoverclub » Mon Jul 2, 2018 1:15 am

If Philly losses yet another three-point shooter in Reddick, I wonder if they would do Bayless for Courtney Lee. They could throw in a second or not, i don't care.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#275 » by reub » Mon Jul 2, 2018 1:37 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Chuck-Cheese wrote:

Trading for Ball might be one of the best things or one of the worst things. Frank and Ball both are more interested in deferring than scoring at this point...

How about trading Lee and Lance to the Spurs in a three way where the Lakers end up with Kawhi and Kanter and we land Ball and Randall?
Something like:

Knicks: Ball, Deng, Randall
Lakers: Kawhi, Kanter
Spurs: Kuzma, Lee, Lance

Would give us:

KP
Randall
Knox
Hezonja
Robinson
Kornet
Ball
Ntilikina
Burke
Dotson
THJr
Mudiay
Baker
Noah
Deng
NYKnicksFTW
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#276 » by NYKnicksFTW » Mon Jul 2, 2018 3:38 am

8516knicks wrote:The Knicks need a big scorer; hopefully a top 5 pick next year who also plays D. Ball is not that player.

Guards: Frank, Mudiay, Burke, THJ, Dotson, Baker (6)
Forwards: KP, Mario, Knox, Williams, Thomas (sigh) (5)
Center: Kanter, Noah, Kornet (3)

Robinson and Trier in the G-League

Trade Courtney Lee (maybe for a second rounder? IDK.)

RJ Barrett or Cam Reddish is as good as ours!
KnickFan33
Veteran
And1: 1,446

Post#277 » by KnickFan33 » Mon Jul 2, 2018 6:24 pm

I'm hoping you left out the pick being heavily protected.
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#278 » by alphad0gz » Mon Jul 2, 2018 6:31 pm

basketboule wrote:We need to make a run at Kawhi. It is what it is. A year from now Knicks could look like this:

Frank
Butler
Kawhi
Knox
Noel

That team might well go to the finals. You could also substitute Butler with Kyrie, same result. Don't know at all why people are holding back. Those teams remain in their collective prime for another seven years.

Edit: Might as well go after Butler and Kyrie to go with Knox and Frank. Why not...?

If you think Knox will be a high level player in a year, you're crazy. If he even gets there, it will take some years. That means the points have to come from Frank, Butler, and Kawhi. Good luck with that. Second round ouster and guys on the downside in 3 years.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#279 » by CoolKids » Mon Jul 2, 2018 6:35 pm

OKC

yea if that team added a guy like carmelo Anthony they would be pretty good
eninety
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#280 » by eninety » Mon Jul 2, 2018 6:57 pm

Knicks Out: 2019 first (top 3 protected), kanter, lee, some 2nd rounders
Knicks in: Kawhi

Cavs Out: Love
Cavs In: Kanter, filler second rounders

Spurs Out: Kawhi
Spurs In: Love, Lee, Knicks 1st

Cavs get to dump Love for expiring and some 2nd round for their rebuilds
Spurs get an all star in Love, and a journeyman that would fit into their culture plus knicks first
Knicks lock in Kawhi essentially for next years first

Return to New York Knicks