ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, FrontOfficeEye, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, Thugger HBC, Capn'O, K-DOT, j4remi, Thorn, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36

Who's Hotter?

Cap
1
6%
Mags
3
18%
KoC
1
6%
DK
0
No votes
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
5
29%
Thugger
1
6%
GONYK
2
12%
Remi
1
6%
Moocow
2
12%
NLR
1
6%
 
Total votes: 17

User avatar
Blockwatcher
Analyst
Posts: 3,245
And1: 1,434
Joined: Jan 23, 2014
Location: In the tank
 

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#41 » by Blockwatcher » Fri May 18, 2018 6:55 pm

Lee and the 9 for Smith and the 8th? I know that actually sounds worse for the Knicks than the Cavs but I think the 8th Mudiay and the chi 2nd could maybe get us the 6th from Orlando where we take MPJ
1 John 2 : 15-17
basketboule
Veteran
Posts: 2,818
And1: 285
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#42 » by basketboule » Sat May 19, 2018 8:34 am

I'd also like Wendell Carter. He'll be good, but gone, like the rest of the promising bigs, too. I'm really not sold on the perimeter guys in this draft, Mikal being the lone exception. They've all got too meaningful holes in their games. So I would actually consider trading the pick to Boston, I'm serious.

If Mikal (or any of the top big men) is there, take him; else go after Rozier or Brown since they should be available from Boston. You could also ship out KP for an even bigger young return from them for all I care. I still don't trust him to be a legit enough go to scorer if he runs with the likes of Mikal and Frank. Boston is really stacked and will want to take the next step to challenge the Warriors. I'm really bored with our outlook and would like some of what they have, to be honest.

Then again, their success might all be on Brad Stevens, Danny Ainge and the culture they built. Any player leaving Boston seemingly fails to have the same impact again (and that's going all the way back to Rondo and company). I might be overreacting, but Sexton, Young, Shai... they all don't cut it really. They threaten to be the next Eddie House, MCW or Speedy Claxton.
Usually on my mobile, struggling with swipe. Apologies for all the edits and errors. :-?
User avatar
Adelheid
Analyst
Posts: 3,421
And1: 1,257
Joined: Jul 10, 2014
 

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#43 » by Adelheid » Sat May 19, 2018 9:47 am

basketboule wrote:I'd also like Wendell Carter. He'll be good, but gone, like the rest of the promising bigs, too. I'm really not sold on the perimeter guys in this draft, Mikal being the lone exception. They've all got too meaningful holes in their games. So I would actually consider trading the pick to Boston, I'm serious.

If Mikal (or any of the top big men) is there, take him; else go after Rozier or Brown since they should be available from Boston. You could also ship out KP for an even bigger young return from them for all I care. I still don't trust him to be a legit enough go to scorer if he runs with the likes of Mikal and Frank. Boston is really stacked and will want to take the next step to challenge the Warriors. I'm really bored with our outlook and would like some of what they have, to be honest.

Then again, their success might all be on Brad Stevens, Danny Ainge and the culture they built. Any player leaving Boston seemingly fails to have the same impact again (and that's going all the way back to Rondo and company). I might be overreacting, but Sexton, Young, Shai... they all don't cut it really. They threaten to be the next Eddie House, MCW or Speedy Claxton.


Felt the same way about the players who left Boston. They really coudnt replicate their lvl of play. Perhaps A.Bradley would be the exception.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 17,489
And1: 4,422
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#44 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:50 am

Trade KP , Hardaway, Mudiay, to ATL for Plumlee, Schroder , Pick 3, 19, And Atlanta 2nd

Trade pick 9 and Trey Burke to Clippers for 12 and 13

Draft Bamba 3
Draft Miles Bridges and Knox at 12 13
Draft Walker or TBJR at 19
Draft Duval with Hawks pick
Draft Penava with Our 2nd round pick

Bamba/Oquinn/Kornet
Knox/Penava/Williams
Bridges/Williams/Walker
Frank/Walker
Schroder/Frank/Duval

Then add to the pieces next year.
Timberwolves: 69
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: Ibaka/T.Young/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter Jr/Anunoby/T.Young
SG: Barton/Anunoby/Afflalo
PG: Schroder/Barrea/Exum
KennySkyWalker
Senior
Posts: 541
And1: 186
Joined: Oct 08, 2017

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#45 » by KennySkyWalker » Sat May 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Trade KP , Hardaway, Mudiay, to ATL for Plumlee, Schroder , Pick 3, 19, 30 and swap our seconds

Trade pick 9 and Trey Burke to Clippers for 12 and 13

Draft Bamba 3
Draft Miles Bridges and Knox at 12 13
Draft Walker or TBJR at 19
Draft Duval at 30
Draft Penava with Hawks pick

Bamba/Oquinn/Kornet
Knox/Penava/Williams
Bridges/Williams/Walker
Frank/Walker
Schroder/Frank/Duval

Then add to the pieces next year.


Why even bother posting this when there is no way Atlanta makes that trade. The Clippers wouldn't make that trade either.
User avatar
ChaosHamster
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,754
And1: 2,563
Joined: Oct 07, 2015
   

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#46 » by ChaosHamster » Sat May 19, 2018 12:07 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Trade KP , Hardaway, Mudiay, to ATL for Plumlee, Schroder , Pick 3, 19, 30 and swap our seconds

Trade pick 9 and Trey Burke to Clippers for 12 and 13

Draft Bamba 3
Draft Miles Bridges and Knox at 12 13
Draft Walker or TBJR at 19
Draft Duval at 30
Draft Penava with Hawks pick

Bamba/Oquinn/Kornet
Knox/Penava/Williams
Bridges/Williams/Walker
Frank/Walker
Schroder/Frank/Duval

Then add to the pieces next year.


Nice
bkzfinest11
Pro Prospect
Posts: 829
And1: 157
Joined: Feb 20, 2007
Location: Knicks trollin' fan since birth
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#47 » by bkzfinest11 » Sat May 19, 2018 1:12 pm

KennySkyWalker wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Trade KP , Hardaway, Mudiay, to ATL for Plumlee, Schroder , Pick 3, 19, 30 and swap our seconds

Trade pick 9 and Trey Burke to Clippers for 12 and 13

Draft Bamba 3
Draft Miles Bridges and Knox at 12 13
Draft Walker or TBJR at 19
Draft Duval at 30
Draft Penava with Hawks pick

Bamba/Oquinn/Kornet
Knox/Penava/Williams
Bridges/Williams/Walker
Frank/Walker
Schroder/Frank/Duval

Then add to the pieces next year.


Why even bother posting this when there is no way Atlanta makes that trade. The Clippers wouldn't make that trade either.


this is like the Royal Wedding, no American cares.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 17,489
And1: 4,422
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#48 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat May 19, 2018 1:30 pm

KennySkyWalker wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Trade KP , Hardaway, Mudiay, to ATL for Plumlee, Schroder , Pick 3, 19, 30 and swap our seconds

Trade pick 9 and Trey Burke to Clippers for 12 and 13

Draft Bamba 3
Draft Miles Bridges and Knox at 12 13
Draft Walker or TBJR at 19
Draft Duval at 30
Draft Penava with Hawks pick

Bamba/Oquinn/Kornet
Knox/Penava/Williams
Bridges/Williams/Walker
Frank/Walker
Schroder/Frank/Duval

Then add to the pieces next year.


Why even bother posting this when there is no way Atlanta makes that trade. The Clippers wouldn't make that trade either.


Having fun with the trade checker and the draft. Trades arnt completely crazy. If Clips want a player at 9 badly maybe they trade up. And Trey Burke can play so...

Atl gets KP and Schroder is unhappy there. Maybe they want Hardaway back who knows. Trade doesn’t have to involve Hardaway for Schroder. Also we take back Plumlee a bad contract.

The trades arnt that far off.
Timberwolves: 69
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: Ibaka/T.Young/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter Jr/Anunoby/T.Young
SG: Barton/Anunoby/Afflalo
PG: Schroder/Barrea/Exum
Kristaps6_NYK
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,314
And1: 2,455
Joined: Mar 11, 2014

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#49 » by Kristaps6_NYK » Sun May 20, 2018 12:25 am

I'm bored so why not play fantasy gm.

Knicks/Memphis:
Frank Ntilikina, 9OV & future 2nd round pick
for
4th OV

Knicks/Atlanta:
Kristaps Porzingis, Emmanuel Mudiay, 36OV
for
Dennis Schroder, John Collins, 28OV and 2019 1st round pick

4th pick: Mohamed Bamba
28th pick: Keita Bates-Diop

NEW YORK KNICKS
HC:David Fizdale
G:Dennis Schroder | Trey Burke *6th man
G:Tim Hardaway Jr. | Dame Dotson
F:Keita Bates-Diop | Troy Williams
F:John Collins | Lance Thomas
C:Mohamed Bamba | Kyle O'Quinn
Jiminy Glick wrote:Simmons will be better than Magic, Bird, Kobe and others and is playing good basketball right now so it is definitely him.
He says Simmons gon be better than Magic, Bird, Kobe AND OTHERS LMAOOOOOO
User avatar
ChaosHamster
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,754
And1: 2,563
Joined: Oct 07, 2015
   

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#50 » by ChaosHamster » Sun May 20, 2018 11:30 am

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:I'm bored so why not play fantasy gm.

Knicks/Memphis:
Frank Ntilikina, 9OV & future 2nd round pick
for
4th OV

Knicks/Atlanta:
Kristaps Porzingis, Emmanuel Mudiay, 36OV
for
Dennis Schroder, John Collins, 28OV and 2019 1st round pick

4th pick: Mohamed Bamba
28th pick: Keita Bates-Diop

NEW YORK KNICKS
HC:David Fizdale
G:Dennis Schroder | Trey Burke *6th man
G:Tim Hardaway Jr. | Dame Dotson
F:Keita Bates-Diop | Troy Williams
F:John Collins | Lance Thomas
C:Mohamed Bamba | Kyle O'Quinn


Nice
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 42,235
And1: 25,852
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: User Signature Removed
 

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#51 » by Capn'O » Sun May 20, 2018 1:21 pm

wackbone wrote:Would the Knicks entertain a deal revolving around either Wes Matthews or Harrison Barnes for Joakim Noah and Pick #9? Matthews would be coming off the books next year. Gets the Knicks free of Noah. Not sure if the Knicks would want to pay Barnes as much as he is getting, but he’s obviously a far better player than Matthews and far younger.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums


Knicks should go the opposite direction and absorb contracts for picks. They need to build out their young core first.
BAF Clippers
PG: Kemba/Rose/Felton
SG: G. Harris/SGA
SF: Gallo/KCP/Zipser/Dekker
PF: RHJ/Isaac/Poythress
C: Sabonis/Vanderbilt/Zubac
Patsfan1081
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,940
And1: 2,098
Joined: Jan 06, 2015

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#52 » by Patsfan1081 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:48 pm

Adelheid wrote:
basketboule wrote:I'd also like Wendell Carter. He'll be good, but gone, like the rest of the promising bigs, too. I'm really not sold on the perimeter guys in this draft, Mikal being the lone exception. They've all got too meaningful holes in their games. So I would actually consider trading the pick to Boston, I'm serious.

If Mikal (or any of the top big men) is there, take him; else go after Rozier or Brown since they should be available from Boston. You could also ship out KP for an even bigger young return from them for all I care. I still don't trust him to be a legit enough go to scorer if he runs with the likes of Mikal and Frank. Boston is really stacked and will want to take the next step to challenge the Warriors. I'm really bored with our outlook and would like some of what they have, to be honest.

Then again, their success might all be on Brad Stevens, Danny Ainge and the culture they built. Any player leaving Boston seemingly fails to have the same impact again (and that's going all the way back to Rondo and company). I might be overreacting, but Sexton, Young, Shai... they all don't cut it really. They threaten to be the next Eddie House, MCW or Speedy Claxton.


Felt the same way about the players who left Boston. They really coudnt replicate their lvl of play. Perhaps A.Bradley would be the exception.


Crowder played well in Utah, Olynyk was better in Miami. Thomas has been injury plagued so I'm not sure you can say he was worse. The whole "system" thing is overblown, Boston just has young players who were drafted high. I don't see why they would want to move Brown either, he's their starting sg, Hayward plays sf.
NYG
Veteran
Posts: 2,738
And1: 407
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#53 » by NYG » Mon May 21, 2018 3:57 pm

I'm representing the Knicks on the T&T Mock Off-Season, my roster so far...

Knicks:

C: Tyson Chandler/Moritz Wagner
F: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis
F: Denzel Valentine/Dzanan Musa/Lance Thomas
G: Tim Hardaway Jr./Damyean Dotson/Ron Baker
G: Frank Ntilikina/Collin Sexton/Trey Burke

FA's: None

Draft picks: #10, 16 and 27

Your transactions:
Renounced All Free Agents
Stretched Joakim Noah
Traded Emmanuel Mudiay, 9th Overall and 36th Overall for 10th Overall, Denzel Valentine and Bobby Portis
Drafted Collin Sexton
Traded Courtney Lee for Cole Aldrich
Traded 2020 Charlotte Hornets Second Round Draft Pick for Tyson Chandler, 16th Overall and 27th Overall
Drafted Dzanan Musa
Drafted Moritz Wagner
Waived Cole Aldrich

Your salary cap and how you got there:
$23,169,872 in cap space (Cole Aldrich Actually Counts For 2018 $2,056,021 guaranteed: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/minnesota-timberwolves/cole-aldrich-6893/)

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=6590241465b0243b8f2aba731362594
Wololo
Junior
Posts: 458
And1: 17
Joined: Jul 17, 2009

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#54 » by Wololo » Mon May 21, 2018 7:20 pm

ATL OUT: #19, #30, #34
ATL IN: #12 OR #13

LAC OUT: #12, #13
LAC IN: #9, #30

NYK OUT: #9
NYK IN: #12 OR #13, #19, #34

* Perhaps some cash from NYK to ATL

Would you guys do something like this?
basketboule
Veteran
Posts: 2,818
And1: 285
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#55 » by basketboule » Mon May 21, 2018 8:03 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Adelheid wrote:
basketboule wrote:I'd also like Wendell Carter. He'll be good, but gone, like the rest of the promising bigs, too. I'm really not sold on the perimeter guys in this draft, Mikal being the lone exception. They've all got too meaningful holes in their games. So I would actually consider trading the pick to Boston, I'm serious.

If Mikal (or any of the top big men) is there, take him; else go after Rozier or Brown since they should be available from Boston. You could also ship out KP for an even bigger young return from them for all I care. I still don't trust him to be a legit enough go to scorer if he runs with the likes of Mikal and Frank. Boston is really stacked and will want to take the next step to challenge the Warriors. I'm really bored with our outlook and would like some of what they have, to be honest.

Then again, their success might all be on Brad Stevens, Danny Ainge and the culture they built. Any player leaving Boston seemingly fails to have the same impact again (and that's going all the way back to Rondo and company). I might be overreacting, but Sexton, Young, Shai... they all don't cut it really. They threaten to be the next Eddie House, MCW or Speedy Claxton.


Felt the same way about the players who left Boston. They really coudnt replicate their lvl of play. Perhaps A.Bradley would be the exception.


Crowder played well in Utah, Olynyk was better in Miami. Thomas has been injury plagued so I'm not sure you can say he was worse. The whole "system" thing is overblown, Boston just has young players who were drafted high. I don't see why they would want to move Brown either, he's their starting sg, Hayward plays sf.

So you believe Tatum is a power forward?
Usually on my mobile, struggling with swipe. Apologies for all the edits and errors. :-?
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 45,145
And1: 10,284
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
Contact:
         

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#56 » by magnumt » Mon May 21, 2018 8:09 pm

Wololo wrote:ATL OUT: #19, #30, #34
ATL IN: #12 OR #13

LAC OUT: #12, #13
LAC IN: #9, #30

NYK OUT: #9
NYK IN: #12 OR #13, #19, #34

* Perhaps some cash from NYK to ATL

Would you guys do something like this?


I said this before in multiple trades, I ONLY move down to the Clippers picks if:
    • Mikal is gone at 9
    • Trae is gone at 9
    • Sexton is there at 12

Otherwise I likely pass.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
Isaiah Thomas / Ish Smith / Malcolm Delaney
Gordon Hayward / Eric Gordon
Thabo Sefolosha / Anthony Morrow
Alex Len / Greg Monroe /Luke Kornet
Marc Gasol / Boban Marjanovich / Epke Udoh


Follow Elves on Twitter ---> magnumt6
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,768
And1: 16,403
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#57 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Oy
Image
User avatar
FixTheKnicks
Freshman
Posts: 88
And1: 30
Joined: Jun 13, 2017

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#58 » by FixTheKnicks » Tue May 22, 2018 9:25 pm

Any interest in Schroder if all it takes is Noah with #36 and another second??
reub
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,885
And1: 1,620
Joined: Aug 18, 2015
 

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#59 » by reub » Tue May 22, 2018 9:28 pm

magnumt wrote:
Wololo wrote:ATL OUT: #19, #30, #34
ATL IN: #12 OR #13

LAC OUT: #12, #13
LAC IN: #9, #30

NYK OUT: #9
NYK IN: #12 OR #13, #19, #34

* Perhaps some cash from NYK to ATL

Would you guys do something like this?


I said this before in multiple trades, I ONLY move down to the Clippers picks if:
    • Mikal is gone at 9
    • Trae is gone at 9
    • Sexton is there at 12

Otherwise I likely pass.

--Mags :beer:

I like Mikal or Sexton at #9. No on little Trae.
NYG
Veteran
Posts: 2,738
And1: 407
Joined: Aug 09, 2017

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#60 » by NYG » Tue May 22, 2018 10:15 pm

NYG wrote:I'm representing the Knicks on the T&T Mock Off-Season, my roster so far...

Knicks:

C: Tyson Chandler/Moritz Wagner
F: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis
F: Denzel Valentine/Dzanan Musa/Lance Thomas
G: Tim Hardaway Jr./Damyean Dotson/Ron Baker
G: Frank Ntilikina/Collin Sexton/Trey Burke

FA's: None

Draft picks: #10, 16 and 27

Your transactions:
Renounced All Free Agents
Stretched Joakim Noah
Traded Emmanuel Mudiay, 9th Overall and 36th Overall for 10th Overall, Denzel Valentine and Bobby Portis
Drafted Collin Sexton
Traded Courtney Lee for Cole Aldrich
Traded 2020 Charlotte Hornets Second Round Draft Pick for Tyson Chandler, 16th Overall and 27th Overall
Drafted Dzanan Musa
Drafted Moritz Wagner
Waived Cole Aldrich

Your salary cap and how you got there:
$23,169,872 in cap space (Cole Aldrich Actually Counts For 2018 $2,056,021 guaranteed: http://www.spotrac.com/nba/minnesota-timberwolves/cole-aldrich-6893/)

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=6590241465b0243b8f2aba731362594


I'm thinking of signing Tony Parker and Nerlens Noel to overpaid 1 year deals. Parker to build a culture using him and Tyson. Noel to give one last chance at redeeming his career. Either way, I could keep Porzingis' cap hold, THJ, Moritz Wagner, Dzanan Musa, Damyean Dotson, Frank Ntilikina and Collin Sexton plus what should be a top 5 2019 1st without losing enough cap space to MAX Kawhi Leonard in 2019.

Return to New York Knicks