ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who's Hotter?

Cap
10%
Mags
10%
KoC
7%
DK
2%
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
36%
Thugger
7%
GONYK
7%
Remi
10%
Moocow
10%
NLR
2%

Total votes: 42

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#421 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:59 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Jose7 wrote:He just gave you fact after fact after fact..yet "he's reaching"

The fact is that there were many more people involved in developing the players on Miami not just Fiz, that's a fact. The fact is that Conley was already a great player but just couldn't stay healthy and when was the last time veterans needed to be developed? So if he gets the credit for developing the Miami player from an assistants job then does that mean his assistants get the credit in Memphis? Hmmmmmmmmm

Dude....the players give HIM credit for improving their games. That's all there is to it.
:beer: RIP mags
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#422 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:15 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Jose7 wrote:He just gave you fact after fact after fact..yet "he's reaching"

The fact is that there were many more people involved in developing the players on Miami not just Fiz, that's a fact. The fact is that Conley was already a great player but just couldn't stay healthy and when was the last time veterans needed to be developed? So if he gets the credit for developing the Miami player from an assistants job then does that mean his assistants get the credit in Memphis? Hmmmmmmmmm

Dude....the players give HIM credit for improving their games. That's all there is to it.

You mean player not players right? Mike Conley did and i'm pretty sure players aren't gonna talk bad about him and i also said that he deserves credit but not all the credit so that's not all there is to it.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#423 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:23 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

You mean player not players right? Mike Conley did and i'm pretty sure players aren't gonna talk bad about him and i also said that he deserves credit but not all the credit so that's not all there is to it.

All there is to it is you are wrong. Now take the L and get to stepping
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#424 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:33 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

The opinion of some guy on a message board means absolutely nothing to me....carry on now little guy.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#425 » by DOT » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:37 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

The opinion of some guy on a message board means absolutely nothing to me....carry on now little guy.

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#426 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:13 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

You're being a clown dude. Get over yourself.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 28,316

Post#427 » by HerSports85 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:16 am

like how are you arguing with facts :lol:
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#428 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

You're the clown that came into another convo running your mouth and my whole arguement was that Fiz hasn't done enough to be called a great developer and he hasn't....FOH.

We can also say he hasn't done enough to be called a great head coach which some also think he has.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#429 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:50 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

You're the clown that came into another convo running your mouth and my whole arguement was that Fiz hasn't done enough to be called a great developer and he hasn't....FOH.

We can also say he hasn't done enough to be called a great head coach which some also think he has.

This is a message board. Every convo is open to everyone. Players credit him for improving their game and getting the best out of them. That's an actual fact.

I will agree that people have seemed to give him a bit too much credit but, acting like he doesn't deserve any isn't much different really.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,876

Post#430 » by Jose7 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Bulls renounced Nwaba...nice rotation player on the low.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
New Knicks
Junior
And1: 190

Post#431 » by New Knicks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:14 am

Why not try to get Schroder he 24. Make 15 a year can get him for cheap because he have a case going in ATL. Instead of trying to get Irving we can get a young point and next year go after say Middleton what could we offer V?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,496

Post#432 » by cgf » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:53 am

New Knicks wrote:Why not try to get Schroder he 24. Make 15 a year can get him for cheap because he have a case going in ATL. Instead of trying to get Irving we can get a young point and next year go after say Middleton what could we offer V?

Because he's a POS, and isn't very good.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#433 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:08 am

It’s crazy how bad an off-season Philly is having when you think of the expectations coming into the summer.
Makes me think with the spectre of Lebron coming to play with Ben and all it would mean, that there’s some high level foul play afoot there. From the burner account stuff to the failed Morey hire news today.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#434 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:10 am

What “pieces” do the Raps have that has them in the drivers seat for Kawhi?
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#435 » by digitaldropoff » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 pm

If David Fizdale is truly a great coach, answer this one simple question......why is he coaching the Knicks? Horny, Rambis, and Fisher are the last three dumpster fires that graced NY as head coaches. Not saying Fizdale is a bad a coach, I think he's just fine....but this team has not picked a good leader in a long time. And I may be in the minority on this one, but I think his ability to develop others is running a little strong on this board, but I'm guessing because the Knicks are so young....so it's wise to be hopeful. However, his ass got ran out of Memphis by Gasol. If he was really good with players, and his guys had his back....that should have not of been the ending for him in Memphis.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#436 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:44 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:If David Fizdale is truly a great coach, answer this one simple question......why is he coaching the Knicks? Horny, Rambis, and Fisher are the last three dumpster fires that graced NY as head coaches. Not saying Fizdale is a bad a coach, I think he's just fine....but this team has not picked a good leader in a long time. And I may be in the minority on this one, but I think his ability to develop others is running a little strong on this board, but I'm guessing because the Knicks are so young....so it's wise to be hopeful. However, his ass got ran out of Memphis by Gasol. If he was really good with players, and his guys had his back....that should have not of been the ending for him in Memphis.

I'm with you on how many on here are already talking about Fiz as a great coach and developer even though he hasn't proven to be great at either yet, good but not great at either but this is a new Knicks front office with S.Mills and S.Perry and Dolan staying out of the way, so i can actually see the Knicks becoming an attractive destination for coaches and players which started with the addition of KP and now with adding Frank, K.Knox and hopefully M.Robinson with KP is making it look like the Knicks are finally doing things the right way. I don't think we're at that point that multiple top players will start looking our way but if Fiz can have the players mentioned looking good along with some of the other players and nothing old Knicks like happens next year and we also have another good draft then i do see the Knicks and Madison Square Garden back to being an attractive destination for players and coaches.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,064

Post#437 » by RHODEY » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:34 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:If David Fizdale is truly a great coach, answer this one simple question......why is he coaching the Knicks? Horny, Rambis, and Fisher are the last three dumpster fires that graced NY as head coaches. Not saying Fizdale is a bad a coach, I think he's just fine....but this team has not picked a good leader in a long time. And I may be in the minority on this one, but I think his ability to develop others is running a little strong on this board, but I'm guessing because the Knicks are so young....so it's wise to be hopeful. However, his ass got ran out of Memphis by Gasol. If he was really good with players, and his guys had his back....that should have not of been the ending for him in Memphis.

I'm with you on how many on here are already talking about Fiz as a great coach and developer even though he hasn't proven to be great at either yet, good but not great at either but this is a new Knicks front office with S.Mills and S.Perry and Dolan staying out of the way, so i can actually see the Knicks becoming an attractive destination for coaches and players which started with the addition of KP and now with adding Frank, K.Knox and hopefully M.Robinson with KP is making it look like the Knicks are finally doing things the right way. I don't think we're at that point that multiple top players will start looking our way but if Fiz can have the players mentioned looking good along with some of the other players and nothing old Knicks like happens next year and we also have another good draft then i do see the Knicks and Madison Square Garden back to being an attractive destination for players and coaches.

IMO there are only 2 great coaches in the league today - POP and Stevens. After that you got some very good and good coaches. I think Fizdale fits right in there somewhere. That said. Going from bad coaches to "good"is a huge leap. Fiz has a good rep in the league despite the Gasol incident. For all we know Gasol could be more at fault. We definitely are not the way there, we have to prove we are on the way up....
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,554

Post#438 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:55 am

Can we please go after Skal....his value is very low and I expect him to recoup it
Formerly Knicks85
KnickFan33
Veteran
And1: 1,446

Post#439 » by KnickFan33 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:58 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:If David Fizdale is truly a great coach, answer this one simple question......why is he coaching the Knicks?

There are plenty of arguments that can be made as to why a coach is good, bad, or average.

Being head coach of the Knicks is not one of them.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#440 » by Oscirus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:11 pm

Yea Dantoni's a real bad coach. I wonder what happened to him
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid

Return to New York Knicks