ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, GONYK, mpharris36, magnumt, King of Canada, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, Thorn, K-DOT, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion

Who's Hotter?

Cap
4
10%
Mags
4
10%
KoC
3
7%
DK
1
2%
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
15
36%
Thugger
3
7%
GONYK
3
7%
Remi
4
10%
Moocow
4
10%
NLR
1
2%
 
Total votes: 42

User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Head Coach
Posts: 7,173
And1: 4,913
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#421 » by Are We Ther Yet » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:59 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Jose7 wrote:He just gave you fact after fact after fact..yet "he's reaching"

Image



The fact is that there were many more people involved in developing the players on Miami not just Fiz, that's a fact. The fact is that Conley was already a great player but just couldn't stay healthy and when was the last time veterans needed to be developed? So if he gets the credit for developing the Miami player from an assistants job then does that mean his assistants get the credit in Memphis? Hmmmmmmmmm


Dude....the players give HIM credit for improving their games. That's all there is to it.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
newyorker4ever
Head Coach
Posts: 6,413
And1: 2,156
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#422 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:15 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Jose7 wrote:He just gave you fact after fact after fact..yet "he's reaching"

Image



The fact is that there were many more people involved in developing the players on Miami not just Fiz, that's a fact. The fact is that Conley was already a great player but just couldn't stay healthy and when was the last time veterans needed to be developed? So if he gets the credit for developing the Miami player from an assistants job then does that mean his assistants get the credit in Memphis? Hmmmmmmmmm


Dude....the players give HIM credit for improving their games. That's all there is to it.



You mean player not players right? Mike Conley did and i'm pretty sure players aren't gonna talk bad about him and i also said that he deserves credit but not all the credit so that's not all there is to it.
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Head Coach
Posts: 7,173
And1: 4,913
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#423 » by Are We Ther Yet » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:23 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

The fact is that there were many more people involved in developing the players on Miami not just Fiz, that's a fact. The fact is that Conley was already a great player but just couldn't stay healthy and when was the last time veterans needed to be developed? So if he gets the credit for developing the Miami player from an assistants job then does that mean his assistants get the credit in Memphis? Hmmmmmmmmm


Dude....the players give HIM credit for improving their games. That's all there is to it.



You mean player not players right? Mike Conley did and i'm pretty sure players aren't gonna talk bad about him and i also said that he deserves credit but not all the credit so that's not all there is to it.


All there is to it is you are wrong. Now take the L and get to stepping
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
newyorker4ever
Head Coach
Posts: 6,413
And1: 2,156
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#424 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:33 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Dude....the players give HIM credit for improving their games. That's all there is to it.



You mean player not players right? Mike Conley did and i'm pretty sure players aren't gonna talk bad about him and i also said that he deserves credit but not all the credit so that's not all there is to it.


All there is to it is you are wrong. Now take the L and get to stepping



The opinion of some guy on a message board means absolutely nothing to me....carry on now little guy.
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 9,213
And1: 10,977
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#425 » by K-DOT » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:37 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

You mean player not players right? Mike Conley did and i'm pretty sure players aren't gonna talk bad about him and i also said that he deserves credit but not all the credit so that's not all there is to it.


All there is to it is you are wrong. Now take the L and get to stepping



The opinion of some guy on a message board means absolutely nothing to me....carry on now little guy.

Image
BAF Lakers:

Image
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Head Coach
Posts: 7,173
And1: 4,913
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#426 » by Are We Ther Yet » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:13 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

You mean player not players right? Mike Conley did and i'm pretty sure players aren't gonna talk bad about him and i also said that he deserves credit but not all the credit so that's not all there is to it.


All there is to it is you are wrong. Now take the L and get to stepping



The opinion of some guy on a message board means absolutely nothing to me....carry on now little guy.


You're being a clown dude. Get over yourself.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
HerSports85
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,754
And1: 3,116
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
 

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#427 » by HerSports85 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:16 am

like how are you arguing with facts :lol:
User avatar
newyorker4ever
Head Coach
Posts: 6,413
And1: 2,156
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#428 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
All there is to it is you are wrong. Now take the L and get to stepping



The opinion of some guy on a message board means absolutely nothing to me....carry on now little guy.


You're being a clown dude. Get over yourself.



You're the clown that came into another convo running your mouth and my whole arguement was that Fiz hasn't done enough to be called a great developer and he hasn't....FOH.

We can also say he hasn't done enough to be called a great head coach which some also think he has.
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Head Coach
Posts: 7,173
And1: 4,913
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#429 » by Are We Ther Yet » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:50 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

The opinion of some guy on a message board means absolutely nothing to me....carry on now little guy.


You're being a clown dude. Get over yourself.



You're the clown that came into another convo running your mouth and my whole arguement was that Fiz hasn't done enough to be called a great developer and he hasn't....FOH.

We can also say he hasn't done enough to be called a great head coach which some also think he has.


This is a message board. Every convo is open to everyone. Players credit him for improving their game and getting the best out of them. That's an actual fact.

I will agree that people have seemed to give him a bit too much credit but, acting like he doesn't deserve any isn't much different really.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
Jose7
RealGM
Posts: 33,258
And1: 4,567
Joined: Apr 02, 2007

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#430 » by Jose7 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Bulls renounced Nwaba...nice rotation player on the low.
Magic BAT 19:

C Draymond Green | Kevon Looney | Cheick Diallo
F Anthony Davis | Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
F Mikal Bridges | Luke Kennard
G Terrence Ross | Damyean Dotson
G Dennis Smith Jr | Rajon Rondo | Kadeem Allen
New Knicks
Junior
Posts: 309
And1: 190
Joined: Jun 19, 2018

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#431 » by New Knicks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:14 am

Why not try to get Schroder he 24. Make 15 a year can get him for cheap because he have a case going in ATL. Instead of trying to get Irving we can get a young point and next year go after say Middleton what could we offer V?
cgf
RealGM
Posts: 14,038
And1: 1,994
Joined: Jul 01, 2008
Location: laser shield bitches

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#432 » by cgf » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:53 am

New Knicks wrote:Why not try to get Schroder he 24. Make 15 a year can get him for cheap because he have a case going in ATL. Instead of trying to get Irving we can get a young point and next year go after say Middleton what could we offer V?


Because he's a POS, and isn't very good.
dogrufus wrote:Plus the win would put us at .500 and 5 straight wins, making every poster here cream in their pants.

We're Knicks fans. We never get to cream.


cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.
BLACKFEET 2010
General Manager
Posts: 8,596
And1: 2,412
Joined: Jun 26, 2009

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#433 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:08 am

It’s crazy how bad an off-season Philly is having when you think of the expectations coming into the summer.
Makes me think with the spectre of Lebron coming to play with Ben and all it would mean, that there’s some high level foul play afoot there. From the burner account stuff to the failed Morey hire news today.
BLACKFEET 2010
General Manager
Posts: 8,596
And1: 2,412
Joined: Jun 26, 2009

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#434 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:10 am

What “pieces” do the Raps have that has them in the drivers seat for Kawhi?
digitaldropoff
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,762
And1: 433
Joined: Sep 06, 2007

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#435 » by digitaldropoff » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 pm

If David Fizdale is truly a great coach, answer this one simple question......why is he coaching the Knicks? Horny, Rambis, and Fisher are the last three dumpster fires that graced NY as head coaches. Not saying Fizdale is a bad a coach, I think he's just fine....but this team has not picked a good leader in a long time. And I may be in the minority on this one, but I think his ability to develop others is running a little strong on this board, but I'm guessing because the Knicks are so young....so it's wise to be hopeful. However, his ass got ran out of Memphis by Gasol. If he was really good with players, and his guys had his back....that should have not of been the ending for him in Memphis.
User avatar
newyorker4ever
Head Coach
Posts: 6,413
And1: 2,156
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#436 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:44 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:If David Fizdale is truly a great coach, answer this one simple question......why is he coaching the Knicks? Horny, Rambis, and Fisher are the last three dumpster fires that graced NY as head coaches. Not saying Fizdale is a bad a coach, I think he's just fine....but this team has not picked a good leader in a long time. And I may be in the minority on this one, but I think his ability to develop others is running a little strong on this board, but I'm guessing because the Knicks are so young....so it's wise to be hopeful. However, his ass got ran out of Memphis by Gasol. If he was really good with players, and his guys had his back....that should have not of been the ending for him in Memphis.


I'm with you on how many on here are already talking about Fiz as a great coach and developer even though he hasn't proven to be great at either yet, good but not great at either but this is a new Knicks front office with S.Mills and S.Perry and Dolan staying out of the way, so i can actually see the Knicks becoming an attractive destination for coaches and players which started with the addition of KP and now with adding Frank, K.Knox and hopefully M.Robinson with KP is making it look like the Knicks are finally doing things the right way. I don't think we're at that point that multiple top players will start looking our way but if Fiz can have the players mentioned looking good along with some of the other players and nothing old Knicks like happens next year and we also have another good draft then i do see the Knicks and Madison Square Garden back to being an attractive destination for players and coaches.
User avatar
RHODEY
General Manager
Posts: 7,966
And1: 2,915
Joined: May 18, 2007

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#437 » by RHODEY » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:34 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:If David Fizdale is truly a great coach, answer this one simple question......why is he coaching the Knicks? Horny, Rambis, and Fisher are the last three dumpster fires that graced NY as head coaches. Not saying Fizdale is a bad a coach, I think he's just fine....but this team has not picked a good leader in a long time. And I may be in the minority on this one, but I think his ability to develop others is running a little strong on this board, but I'm guessing because the Knicks are so young....so it's wise to be hopeful. However, his ass got ran out of Memphis by Gasol. If he was really good with players, and his guys had his back....that should have not of been the ending for him in Memphis.


I'm with you on how many on here are already talking about Fiz as a great coach and developer even though he hasn't proven to be great at either yet, good but not great at either but this is a new Knicks front office with S.Mills and S.Perry and Dolan staying out of the way, so i can actually see the Knicks becoming an attractive destination for coaches and players which started with the addition of KP and now with adding Frank, K.Knox and hopefully M.Robinson with KP is making it look like the Knicks are finally doing things the right way. I don't think we're at that point that multiple top players will start looking our way but if Fiz can have the players mentioned looking good along with some of the other players and nothing old Knicks like happens next year and we also have another good draft then i do see the Knicks and Madison Square Garden back to being an attractive destination for players and coaches.


IMO there are only 2 great coaches in the league today - POP and Stevens. After that you got some very good and good coaches. I think Fizdale fits right in there somewhere. That said. Going from bad coaches to "good"is a huge leap. Fiz has a good rep in the league despite the Gasol incident. For all we know Gasol could be more at fault. We definitely are not the way there, we have to prove we are on the way up....
User avatar
knicks85
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,986
And1: 3,995
Joined: Nov 28, 2011
     

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#438 » by knicks85 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:55 am

Can we please go after Skal....his value is very low and I expect him to recoup it
Mueller Ain't Going Away.

French Prince, “Were together, we’re together man”
KnickFan33
Starter
Posts: 2,329
And1: 1,064
Joined: Nov 08, 2006

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#439 » by KnickFan33 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:58 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:If David Fizdale is truly a great coach, answer this one simple question......why is he coaching the Knicks?


There are plenty of arguments that can be made as to why a coach is good, bad, or average.

Being head coach of the Knicks is not one of them.
Oscirus
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,668
And1: 3,050
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#440 » by Oscirus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:11 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:If David Fizdale is truly a great coach, answer this one simple question......why is he coaching the Knicks? Horny, Rambis, and Fisher are the last three dumpster fires that graced NY as head coaches. Not saying Fizdale is a bad a coach, I think he's just fine....but this team has not picked a good leader in a long time. And I may be in the minority on this one, but I think his ability to develop others is running a little strong on this board, but I'm guessing because the Knicks are so young....so it's wise to be hopeful. However, his ass got ran out of Memphis by Gasol. If he was really good with players, and his guys had his back....that should have not of been the ending for him in Memphis.

Yea Dantoni's a real bad coach. I wonder what happened to him

Return to New York Knicks