ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, King of Canada, Capn'O, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi, K-DOT, Thorn, GONYK, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion

Who's Hotter?

Cap
4
13%
Mags
4
13%
KoC
2
6%
DK
0
No votes
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
11
35%
Thugger
3
10%
GONYK
2
6%
Remi
1
3%
Moocow
3
10%
NLR
1
3%
 
Total votes: 31

cuyankees
Rookie
Posts: 1,195
And1: 442
Joined: Feb 15, 2014

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#461 » by cuyankees » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:38 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter


So they got the DEN 1st and a PHX 2nd for taking on a one year cap hit that ultimately amounts to 12 mil.

Let me guess the response:

“Who cares about a 2nd round pick?”

Goes to Robinson thread

Same person proclaiming he’s our future C

:lol:



This has been my biggest worry about S.Perry that i've been saying all along which is can this guy be active and creative enough to get into these trade conversations with teams or will he just sit on his hands because he doesn't have the will to get involved. I think he could of gotten into a few trades so far that we heard nothing about the Knicks being involved in. Both trades the Nets have pulled off and this Melo trade with Atl. I think Timmy is more or as valuable as D.Schroeder is and they had a bigger need at SG then they did at PG.


This circled back to the THJ signing. Essentially passed on draft picks and the cap space provided without him on the books in 2019.

I hope they learned their lesson but i wouldn’t hold my breath.

THJ is a 6th man on a contending team and looks like Schroeder will be as well, but THJ is def not 25% better than Schroeder.
Oscirus
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,342
And1: 2,840
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#462 » by Oscirus » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Nets can afford to take on salary, they're in the talent collection phase and not trying to build a team. Knicks can't even if we had the space we couldn't. We're too far along in our rebuild to be giving up coveted space trying to be cute
New Knicks
Junior
Posts: 309
And1: 190
Joined: Jun 19, 2018

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#463 » by New Knicks » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:31 pm

What are we doing
cgf
RealGM
Posts: 13,566
And1: 1,781
Joined: Jul 01, 2008
Location: laser shield bitches

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#464 » by cgf » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:46 pm

New Knicks wrote:What are we doing


Developing young talent. It's a new experience for many knicks fans ;-)
dogrufus wrote:Plus the win would put us at .500 and 5 straight wins, making every poster here cream in their pants.

We're Knicks fans. We never get to cream.


cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.
BLACKFEET 2010
General Manager
Posts: 8,040
And1: 1,995
Joined: Jun 26, 2009

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#465 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:30 pm

Heat apparently met with Melo earlier in the summer but they’re not interested in his services at the money he’s seeking (at least from them).
User avatar
knicksh20b
Head Coach
Posts: 6,548
And1: 2,675
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
   

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#466 » by knicksh20b » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:32 am

man I hope these Kings give Boston a ****** pick
MadGrinch
Veteran
Posts: 2,679
And1: 296
Joined: Jan 31, 2002
Location: NYC of course

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#467 » by MadGrinch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:31 pm

The knicks should trade Kanter to the nets for demarre carroll.
for the nets they get a productive big in kanter on an ending deal to a position where they lack depth
for the knicks they can clear some of their center glut while adding to their forwards where their depth is shallow

both players are on ending deals.
Its because I'm green isn't it?
cgf
RealGM
Posts: 13,566
And1: 1,781
Joined: Jul 01, 2008
Location: laser shield bitches

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#468 » by cgf » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:00 pm

MadGrinch wrote:The knicks should trade Kanter to the nets for demarre carroll.
for the nets they get a productive big in kanter on an ending deal to a position where they lack depth
for the knicks they can clear some of their center glut while adding to their forwards where their depth is shallow

both players are on ending deals.


Center glut? We have an injured for most of the season KP, a washed up & banished from the team Noah, Luke **** Kornet, and a kid who hasn't played a competitive game in 15 months. There is no center glut on the Knicks.
dogrufus wrote:Plus the win would put us at .500 and 5 straight wins, making every poster here cream in their pants.

We're Knicks fans. We never get to cream.


cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.
MadGrinch
Veteran
Posts: 2,679
And1: 296
Joined: Jan 31, 2002
Location: NYC of course

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#469 » by MadGrinch » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:37 pm

cgf wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:The knicks should trade Kanter to the nets for demarre carroll.
for the nets they get a productive big in kanter on an ending deal to a position where they lack depth
for the knicks they can clear some of their center glut while adding to their forwards where their depth is shallow

both players are on ending deals.


Center glut? We have an injured for most of the season KP, a washed up & banished from the team Noah, Luke **** Kornet, and a kid who hasn't played a competitive game in 15 months. There is no center glut on the Knicks.


they gave luke kornet a real contract so they think he's a real player .

Joakim noah is back from exile , the exile was a factor that cost Hornacek his job...they just cut troy williams if they were planning on Joakim going elsewhere or not playing they would have kept him.

mitch robinson looks like an opening day starter at this point ....and played competition games in summer league...he played as well as any of the rookie bigs there(34.8 PER)

none of them can play the 4 in today's nba

now how many power forwards to they have ?

hicks on a 2 way?

as you mentioned KP is hurt and may not play

And natural small forwards hezongja(listed at 218 lbs), knox(listed at 212), lance thomas moving up to power forward.

everyone else is a guard.
Its because I'm green isn't it?
cgf
RealGM
Posts: 13,566
And1: 1,781
Joined: Jul 01, 2008
Location: laser shield bitches

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#470 » by cgf » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:07 pm

MadGrinch wrote:
cgf wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:The knicks should trade Kanter to the nets for demarre carroll.
for the nets they get a productive big in kanter on an ending deal to a position where they lack depth
for the knicks they can clear some of their center glut while adding to their forwards where their depth is shallow

both players are on ending deals.


Center glut? We have an injured for most of the season KP, a washed up & banished from the team Noah, Luke **** Kornet, and a kid who hasn't played a competitive game in 15 months. There is no center glut on the Knicks.


they gave luke kornet a real contract so they think he's a real player .

Joakim noah is back from exile , the exile was a factor that cost Hornacek his job...they just cut troy williams if they were planning on Joakim going elsewhere or not playing they would have kept him.

mitch robinson looks like an opening day starter at this point ....and played competition games in summer league...he played as well as any of the rookie bigs there(34.8 PER)

none of them can play the 4 in today's nba

now how many power forwards to they have ?

hicks on a 2 way?

as you mentioned KP is hurt and may not play

And natural small forwards hezongja(listed at 218 lbs), knox(listed at 212), lance thomas moving up to power forward.

everyone else is a guard.


I'll believe that Fiz is ready to risk letting Noah anywhere near our kids when I see it. Kornet got a contract because he's 7 feet tall, can shoot & required no real commitment if he doesn't progress this year. Kornet will battle Mitch for the minutes behind Kanter...and for their knicks futures...but this does not come close to qualifying as a glut.

PS SL isn't the same thing as competitive games. I enjoyed watching each one, but that **** doesn't count. Nevermind that even in SL Mitch often looked absolutely lost when faced with even just basic screens & PNRs; or how ugly his foul problems could get when he's not playing against SLers. So expecting Mitchell Robinson to start is insane.

If he does well in camp & preseason he could start the year as part of the knicks rotation, but the kid could easily need GL time to catch up on some of those basics of team-basketball that he lacks. Hopefully, he's a quick learner and is ready for 10-15 minutes in the NBA from day 1, but that's still not a starter :lol:
dogrufus wrote:Plus the win would put us at .500 and 5 straight wins, making every poster here cream in their pants.

We're Knicks fans. We never get to cream.


cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.
MadGrinch
Veteran
Posts: 2,679
And1: 296
Joined: Jan 31, 2002
Location: NYC of course

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#471 » by MadGrinch » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:29 am

cgf wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:
cgf wrote:
Center glut? We have an injured for most of the season KP, a washed up & banished from the team Noah, Luke **** Kornet, and a kid who hasn't played a competitive game in 15 months. There is no center glut on the Knicks.


they gave luke kornet a real contract so they think he's a real player .

Joakim noah is back from exile , the exile was a factor that cost Hornacek his job...they just cut troy williams if they were planning on Joakim going elsewhere or not playing they would have kept him.

mitch robinson looks like an opening day starter at this point ....and played competition games in summer league...he played as well as any of the rookie bigs there(34.8 PER)

none of them can play the 4 in today's nba

now how many power forwards to they have ?

hicks on a 2 way?

as you mentioned KP is hurt and may not play

And natural small forwards hezongja(listed at 218 lbs), knox(listed at 212), lance thomas moving up to power forward.

everyone else is a guard.


I'll believe that Fiz is ready to risk letting Noah anywhere near our kids when I see it. Kornet got a contract because he's 7 feet tall, can shoot & required no real commitment if he doesn't progress this year. Kornet will battle Mitch for the minutes behind Kanter...and for their knicks futures...but this does not come close to qualifying as a glut.

PS SL isn't the same thing as competitive games. I enjoyed watching each one, but that **** doesn't count. Nevermind that even in SL Mitch often looked absolutely lost when faced with even just basic screens & PNRs; or how ugly his foul problems could get when he's not playing against SLers. So expecting Mitchell Robinson to start is insane.

If he does well in camp & preseason he could start the year as part of the knicks rotation, but the kid could easily need GL time to catch up on some of those basics of team-basketball that he lacks. Hopefully, he's a quick learner and is ready for 10-15 minutes in the NBA from day 1, but that's still not a starter :lol:


Noah until proven otherwise is a respected nba veteran and team leader.

and nothing you posted refutes the knicks serious lack of depth at the power forward position

summer league is significantly more competitive than college if bamba and bagley III are expected to start there shouldn't be a problem with robinson as he has clearly outplayed them on both sides of the ball.

as it stands the knicks have 4 healthy centers and no healthy power forwards in their 15 man roster

to me that is glut and really fixable problem
Its because I'm green isn't it?
cgf
RealGM
Posts: 13,566
And1: 1,781
Joined: Jul 01, 2008
Location: laser shield bitches

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#472 » by cgf » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:45 am

MadGrinch wrote:
cgf wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:
they gave luke kornet a real contract so they think he's a real player .

Joakim noah is back from exile , the exile was a factor that cost Hornacek his job...they just cut troy williams if they were planning on Joakim going elsewhere or not playing they would have kept him.

mitch robinson looks like an opening day starter at this point ....and played competition games in summer league...he played as well as any of the rookie bigs there(34.8 PER)

none of them can play the 4 in today's nba

now how many power forwards to they have ?

hicks on a 2 way?

as you mentioned KP is hurt and may not play

And natural small forwards hezongja(listed at 218 lbs), knox(listed at 212), lance thomas moving up to power forward.

everyone else is a guard.


I'll believe that Fiz is ready to risk letting Noah anywhere near our kids when I see it. Kornet got a contract because he's 7 feet tall, can shoot & required no real commitment if he doesn't progress this year. Kornet will battle Mitch for the minutes behind Kanter...and for their knicks futures...but this does not come close to qualifying as a glut.

PS SL isn't the same thing as competitive games. I enjoyed watching each one, but that **** doesn't count. Nevermind that even in SL Mitch often looked absolutely lost when faced with even just basic screens & PNRs; or how ugly his foul problems could get when he's not playing against SLers. So expecting Mitchell Robinson to start is insane.

If he does well in camp & preseason he could start the year as part of the knicks rotation, but the kid could easily need GL time to catch up on some of those basics of team-basketball that he lacks. Hopefully, he's a quick learner and is ready for 10-15 minutes in the NBA from day 1, but that's still not a starter :lol:


Noah until proven otherwise is a respected nba veteran and team leader.

and nothing you posted refutes the knicks serious lack of depth at the power forward position

summer league is significantly more competitive than college if bamba and bagley III are expected to start there shouldn't be a problem with robinson as he has clearly outplayed them on both sides of the ball.

as it stands the knicks have 4 healthy centers and no healthy power forwards in their 15 man roster

to me that is glut and really fixable problem


Noah has proven otherwise.

That’s because I haven’t said a thing about our forwards.

And lol, SL is barely coached & organized yet we still saw how raw Robinson is get exposed with even the very rudimentary screens & PNRs in SL confusing the kid while fouled like there was no tomorrow. Mitch has a long ways to go not to head to the GL after camp & the preseason.

So we have 3 healthy centers, only one of whom we know can handle any significant NBA minutes.
dogrufus wrote:Plus the win would put us at .500 and 5 straight wins, making every poster here cream in their pants.

We're Knicks fans. We never get to cream.


cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.
digitaldropoff
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,757
And1: 429
Joined: Sep 06, 2007

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#473 » by digitaldropoff » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Yea Dantoni's a real bad coach. I wonder what happened to him


I said the last three guys....and yes, Mike flourished elsewhere. It's fine, you know the dumpster fire list of coaches on the Knicks list the past decade and then some. I'm not saying anything new...no one really wants to work under James Dolan.


Your theory falls flat on it's face when it's a known fact that he got offered other jobs before us and held out to coach us... Other organizations thought he was a capable head coach unlike Hornacek and Fisher who weren't really in demand for any other jobs besides ours...


You and everyone with the internet knows whose coached the Knicks the past decade and change....those names speak for themselves. There's no theory, there' just been **** coaches through NY. And it appears the one quality one was not given perhaps all the tools he needed to make his system go. You literally just admitted the last two guys weren't even in demand for other jobs, but worked for the Knicks. If anyone has a theory, it appears to be you. :lol:
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Head Coach
Posts: 6,728
And1: 4,516
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#474 » by Are We Ther Yet » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:54 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:
I said the last three guys....and yes, Mike flourished elsewhere. It's fine, you know the dumpster fire list of coaches on the Knicks list the past decade and then some. I'm not saying anything new...no one really wants to work under James Dolan.


Your theory falls flat on it's face when it's a known fact that he got offered other jobs before us and held out to coach us... Other organizations thought he was a capable head coach unlike Hornacek and Fisher who weren't really in demand for any other jobs besides ours...


You and everyone with the internet knows whose coached the Knicks the past decade and change....those names speak for themselves. There's no theory, there' just been **** coaches through NY. And it appears the one quality one was not given perhaps all the tools he needed to make his system go. You literally just admitted the last two guys weren't even in demand for other jobs, but worked for the Knicks. If anyone has a theory, it appears to be you. :lol:


Prior to Mike D...we had some good coaches. We just kept changing direction....changing GMs....changing coaches. Always dealing with a new GM trying to get beyond what the last one did....with Dolan interfering every 2-3 years.

Now...that's all done with. Moving on.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
cgf
RealGM
Posts: 13,566
And1: 1,781
Joined: Jul 01, 2008
Location: laser shield bitches

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#475 » by cgf » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:37 am

If we can't dump Noah or Timmy without including Knox/Frank/2019 1st/Mitch, would it make sense to trade the two of them for Batum + expiring? Batum's contract is horribad, but we'd open ~11M in cap space next summer. Bringing us to a full max slot even with Lee still on the books...depending on where we picked. Paired with a Lee for JR trade we'd have the cap space to sign a max and have another 5-9M to spend.

And Batum could be a more useful bench player for us than THJr, especially if Fiz could light a fire under Batum's ass again.
dogrufus wrote:Plus the win would put us at .500 and 5 straight wins, making every poster here cream in their pants.

We're Knicks fans. We never get to cream.


cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.
basketboule
Veteran
Posts: 2,983
And1: 323
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#476 » by basketboule » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:24 am

Noah will play, Robinson probably won't. We also have Vonleh now. Kanter will start next to Noah or Vonleh. Kornet backs up Kanter and Robinson will watch for 36 and play 12 minutes. He has all the potential, but some blocks and dunks in summer are no rotations, no playbook, no backdoor screens. He'll play in spring, anything else would surprise me.
Usually on my mobile, struggling with swipe. Apologies for all the edits and errors. :-?
koogiking
Veteran
Posts: 2,716
And1: 1,017
Joined: Feb 15, 2011
 

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#477 » by koogiking » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:41 am

What do people think about Trey Burke? I think he's a legit really really good starter in this league, I hope the knicks hang on to him
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,039
And1: 962
Joined: May 31, 2004
Location: BBALL City

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#478 » by Bklyn&company » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:01 pm

koogiking wrote:What do people think about Trey Burke? I think he's a legit really really good starter in this league, I hope the knicks hang on to him

Offensively I think he is our most talented guard we have.
Imo...If given 32+ min per... he can drop 16+ppg 8+apg easily... defensively he tries and puts in good effort... but it all depends on Fizdale how much he will play. Honestly I want to see him start next to Frank at SG with THJ off the bench (Knox at SF)... but I highly doubt that happens. I expect the Knicks, like always try to win in the start of the season and I see Burke starting with THJ and Knox or Hez at SF.
PorzinGAWD
Senior
Posts: 511
And1: 262
Joined: Apr 10, 2017
   

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#479 » by PorzinGAWD » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:57 pm

In a lot of ways the knicks have a Spurs'esque type of backcourt with Murray/Mills being the equivalent of Burke/Ntilkina. The biggest difference honestly is age between the two backcourts and the knicks version of it is still relatively cheap in comparison to the Spurs version.
koogiking
Veteran
Posts: 2,716
And1: 1,017
Joined: Feb 15, 2011
 

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#480 » by koogiking » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:13 pm

I hope Fizz runs a true meritocracy

End of the season when Porzingis comes back we could have a lineup/core going forward of

Ntilikina
Trey Burke/THJ
Knox
Porzingis
Kanter/Mitchell Robinson

Tim Hardaway JR really does fit best as a sixth man.

Return to New York Knicks