ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who's Hotter?

Cap
10%
Mags
10%
KoC
7%
DK
2%
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
36%
Thugger
7%
GONYK
7%
Remi
10%
Moocow
10%
NLR
2%

Total votes: 42

Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#481 » by Icandoallthings » Wed Aug 1, 2018 9:53 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

So they got the DEN 1st and a PHX 2nd for taking on a one year cap hit that ultimately amounts to 12 mil.

Let me guess the response:

“Who cares about a 2nd round pick?”

Goes to Robinson thread

Same person proclaiming he’s our future C

:lol:

This has been my biggest worry about S.Perry that i've been saying all along which is can this guy be active and creative enough to get into these trade conversations with teams or will he just sit on his hands because he doesn't have the will to get involved. I think he could of gotten into a few trades so far that we heard nothing about the Knicks being involved in. Both trades the Nets have pulled off and this Melo trade with Atl. I think Timmy is more or as valuable as D.Schroeder is and they had a bigger need at SG then they did at PG.

This circled back to the THJ signing. Essentially passed on draft picks and the cap space provided without him on the books in 2019.

I hope they learned their lesson but i wouldn’t hold my breath.

Lol thanks for reminding me. I had forgotten that after the signing I had called the organization, "a malignant tumor fueled by layer upon layer of incompetence" :oops:
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#482 » by NYKAL » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:20 pm

MadGrinch wrote:The knicks should trade Kanter to the nets for demarre carroll.
for the nets they get a productive big in kanter on an ending deal to a position where they lack depth
for the knicks they can clear some of their center glut while adding to their forwards where their depth is shallow

both players are on ending deals.

I don't think that's a good move. Carroll is trash imo and would just take minutes away from Knox. Rather have Kanter play out the year and let his money come off the books. He definitely has more value than Carroll.
MadGrinch
Veteran
And1: 412

Post#483 » by MadGrinch » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:57 pm

knox is 212 lbs and just turned 19 , he may not be ready for more than 20 or so minutes a game...especially at power forward.

carroll is also on an ending deal

kanter serves the same role for the nets , if jarret allen isn't ready for a hefty amount of minutes kanter provides relief.

trade value means nothing if you just want them to expire ...which both teams do.
Its because I'm green isn't it?
Newyorknick94
Head Coach
And1: 2,518

Post#484 » by Newyorknick94 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:17 pm

MadGrinch wrote:knox is 212 lbs and just turned 19 , he may not be ready for more than 20 or so minutes a game...especially at power forward.

kanter serves the same role for the nets , if jarret allen isn't ready for a hefty amount of minutes kanter provides relief.

trade value means nothing if you just want them to expire ...which both teams do.

We have Hezonja/Thomas and Lee/Hardaway will probably get some back up mins behind Knox no need for another 3 rather let Kanter ball out and flip him for assets or let him expire.
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#485 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Newyorknick94 wrote:
MadGrinch wrote:knox is 212 lbs and just turned 19 , he may not be ready for more than 20 or so minutes a game...especially at power forward.

We have Hezonja/Thomas and Lee/Hardaway will probably get some back up mins behind Knox no need for another 3 rather let Kanter ball out and flip him for assets or let him expire.

Knox will likely start at PF but log spit time at SF too. He used to play Football in HS, and from College and SL he looks like he knows how to be crafty and land fairly well.

He got some hard fouls in SL, but bounced up pretty well.

We'll see how he handles Year 1. But things look well for him.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,761

Post#486 » by cgf » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:40 pm

I’m still expecting Lance to start between Kanter & Knox. With Hezonja the back up to both. Fiz has seemed pretty adamant about THJr & Lee being too small for the 3.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#487 » by magnumt » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:53 pm

cgf wrote:I’m still expecting Lance to start between Kanter & Knox. With Hezonja the back up to both. Fiz has seemed pretty adamant about THJr & Lee being too small for the 3.

Prior to any Training Camp news this is my preliminary Starting Lineup that I think Fizzy will go with:

PG: Frank
    SG: THJr
    SF: Knox
    PF: Hejonza
    C: Kanter

Good passing, scoring, GREAT height & Wingspan ( :D), and balance. Eventually, it will become this:
    PG: Frank
    SG: Hejonza
    PF: Porzingis
    C: Robinson

Then after 2019 FA:
    PG: Kyrie
    SG: Frank (or 2019 Rookie with Frank as 6th man)
    PF: Porzingis
    C: Robinson

:D :D :D
--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
cgf
RealGM

Post#488 » by cgf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:57 pm

We all know it’ll be

Kyrie
Frank
Knox
KD
KP

with Little/Reddish, Hezy, Mitch & Trey/Trier rounding out the rotation.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Jingles2
Junior
And1: 63

Post#489 » by Jingles2 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:04 pm

Cavs-Knicks

Cavs get THJ, Burke, and Lee, and future 2nds or pick swap rights

Knicks get George Hill and JR Smith

Why for Cavs? Potential to be a playoff team and maybe they get a future pick swap or 2nd round picks.

Why for Knicks? Hill would be a good mentor for Ntilikina and only has a small partial guarantee on the the 2nd year. Smith also only has a small partial guarantee on the 2nd year. Get out of Hardaway's contract and maybe open some time for Trier.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycjfqkwf
cgf
RealGM

Post#490 » by cgf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:19 pm

Jingles2 wrote:Cavs-Knicks

Why for Cavs? Potential to be a playoff team and maybe they get a future pick swap or 2nd round picks.

Why for Knicks? Hill would be a good mentor for Ntilikina and only has a small partial guarantee on the the 2nd year. Smith also only has a small partial guarantee on the 2nd year. Get out of Hardaway's contract and maybe open some time for Trier.

Unless you're talking about an in-season trade...and THJr has a career year...why does Cleveland do that?

Jingles2
Junior
And1: 63

Post#491 » by Jingles2 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:30 pm

cgf wrote:

Unless you're talking about an in-season trade...and THJr has a career year...why does Cleveland do that?

To make a playoff run. I think it makes them better next year, but maybe it would take a bit more like a protected pick swap and a protected future first.
cgf
RealGM

Post#492 » by cgf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:40 pm

Jingles2 wrote:
cgf wrote:

To make a playoff run. I think it makes them better next year, but maybe it would take a bit more like a protected pick swap and a protected future first.

Unless THJr really balls out & Sexton hits the ground running, does it really?

cooch2584
Sixth Man
And1: 86

Post#493 » by cooch2584 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:56 pm

cgf wrote:

NOWAY I want jr on this team hes a knucklehead and would be a cancer on thbench if frank needs a mentor let him sit and talk to Clyde about how the Garden sounds when you win a championship I'm sure Clyde could teach him defense
cgf
RealGM

Post#494 » by cgf » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:00 pm

cooch2584 wrote:
cgf wrote:

NOWAY I want jr on this team hes a knucklehead and would be a cancer on thbench if frank needs a mentor let him sit and talk to Clyde about how the Garden sounds when you win a championship I'm sure Clyde could teach him defense

JR is basically an expiring because he’s only guaranteed ~3.8M next season. So we’d be trading for his contract, not for the player.

iLovethosedamnknicks
Rookie
And1: 221

Post#495 » by iLovethosedamnknicks » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Pelicans/knicks swap

knicks get - ajinca, darius miller, deandre liggins

pelicans get- Lee

why for knicks? all expiring deals

pelicans get vet guard they are looking for

works on trade checker
KnickFan33
Veteran
And1: 1,446

Post#496 » by KnickFan33 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:49 pm

I find it interesting Myles Turner hasn't received an extension yet. Are there any red flags I'm not aware of? Any chance Indiana lets him walk? Wouldn't mind him being a target next off-season.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#497 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:33 pm

pix looking for a wing

Lee looking for a new team

sorry its not a better one but hey, he would be a great person for them
cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#498 » by cooch2584 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:25 pm

cgf wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
cgf wrote:

JR is basically an expiring because he’s only guaranteed ~3.8M next season. So we’d be trading for his contract, not for the player.[/que

so we pay jr and tell him to sit home and smoke all the weed he wants???
cgf
RealGM

Post#499 » by cgf » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:55 pm

cooch2584 wrote:
cgf wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:

JR is basically an expiring because he’s only guaranteed ~3.8M next season. So we’d be trading for his contract, not for the player.

I'd imagine they'd waive n stretch him at the same time as Noah, they can blaze away together until they realize that they're no longer on NBA teams.

cooch2584
Sixth Man

Post#500 » by cooch2584 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:06 am

cgf wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
cgf wrote:

I'd imagine they'd waive n stretch him at the same time as Noah, they can blaze away together until they realize that they're no longer on NBA teams.

I think Noah would fade off into the sunset quietly but jr no way he would want to make some kinda dumb statement in the media

Return to New York Knicks