ImageImageImageImageImage

2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who's Hotter?

Cap
10%
Mags
10%
KoC
7%
DK
2%
KT/FOE <--His new name sucks!
36%
Thugger
7%
GONYK
7%
Remi
10%
Moocow
10%
NLR
2%

Total votes: 42

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Re: 2018/2019 NBA Trade/Wishing Well Thread (Cont.) 

Post#501 » by cgf » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:20 pm

cooch2584 wrote:
cgf wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
so we pay jr and tell him to sit home and smoke all the weed he wants???

I'd imagine they'd waive n stretch him at the same time as Noah, they can blaze away together until they realize that they're no longer on NBA teams.

Why? By waiving him, we’d be giving JR a chance to sign with a team that will actually play him

I think Noah would fade off into the sunset quietly but jr no way he would want to make some kinda dumb statement in the media
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#502 » by WargamesX » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:43 am

[instagram]

Lee to the Wizards, or Lee to Philly.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,261

Post#503 » by DOT » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:31 am

If there's any truth to that rumor, there's a few guys that can be traded for him

Lee for any one of Bayless, Chandler, or Rivers works, all are expiring and we can just cut them and eat their salary

Perry's gonna hold out til the last minute, trying to squeeze some value out of him, then he'll have to trade him for nothing when he can't. Trade probably won't happen until next week, unless someone's actually offering something good for him
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#504 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:12 am

K-DOT wrote:If there's any truth to that rumor, there's a few guys that can be traded for him

Lee for any one of Bayless, Chandler, or Rivers works, all are expiring and we can just cut them and eat their salary

Perry's gonna hold out til the last minute, trying to squeeze some value out of him, then he'll have to trade him for nothing when he can't. Trade probably won't happen until next week, unless someone's actually offering something good for him

Bayless makes the most sense swing they were interested in signing him (Lee) before we did.
And Zhaire’s injury. This is a big year for their credibility. They could use a win now piece like Lee. Now do they value that over flexibility next summer? Remains to be seen.

The Wiz aren’t gonna dump Austin without seeing what they have in him. They’d probably try to push Mahinni on us. No go.

OKC makes perfect sense and they have contracts to help us in Abrines and Singler. Not a perfect dump but it’d help.

Memphis kinda took themselves outta the running when they traded for Temple. Kinda got the same kinda vet wing for less. And he expires this year.

Sacto is such a poorly run organization there’s no telling what they’re doing but maybe Lee (or Tim) could pique their interests. They’re as clumsy a roster as there is in the league. They need to consolidate their big glut.
cgf
RealGM

Post#505 » by cgf » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:47 am

THJ coming out of the gates with the month of his life under Fiz, convincing Vivek that Timmy is exactly what he needs to avoid giving Boston a top 5 pick and so getting him to make Vlade send us WCS/Giles/Skal & half a decade's worth of 2nd rounders for THJ, is the dream...

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#506 » by WargamesX » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:38 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:If there's any truth to that rumor, there's a few guys that can be traded for him

Bayless makes the most sense swing they were interested in signing him (Lee) before we did.
And Zhaire’s injury. This is a big year for their credibility. They could use a win now piece like Lee. Now do they value that over flexibility next summer? Remains to be seen.

The Wiz aren’t gonna dump Austin without seeing what they have in him. They’d probably try to push Mahinni on us. No go.

OKC makes perfect sense and they have contracts to help us in Abrines and Singler. Not a perfect dump but it’d help.

Memphis kinda took themselves outta the running when they traded for Temple. Kinda got the same kinda vet wing for less. And he expires this year.

Sacto is such a poorly run organization there’s no telling what they’re doing but maybe Lee (or Tim) could pique their interests. They’re as clumsy a roster as there is in the league. They need to consolidate their big glut.

I also agree that I doubt the Wiz move Rivers. They need to add to their bench, not take away from it. The Wiz could trade us all there 1 year contracts like Jason Smith and Jarryd Bayless and 1 other minimum wage contract for Lee and we could just waive them as needed.

Also both Philly with Sacremento's 2nd round pick swap and the Wizards with Atlanta's 2nd round pick means they have something they can send back worth the trouble for Lee. Both those picks should be in the 31-38 range
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
nyJnyKnyY
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#507 » by nyJnyKnyY » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:40 am

Did clee get traded to the thunder? Saw a thread on the GB about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#508 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:33 pm

My hopes for the season in terms of trade are firstly that we might trade with mini and bring butler in for thjr and lance/Lee. No picks. No young players beyond mudiay or baker or kornet or the like.
Butler and frank would be amazing to watch and I think butler is spending a little while on the ir with elective surgery so he wouldn’t need to rush back.

Alternately we can move lee to a team that deserves him and just get back an expiring and look at thjr elsewhere.

But those are the two we need to shed so we can land two new big names this summer prior to extending Kp and then picking up Burke’s contract and possibily Mario.

Thjr should play himself into trade scenarios.
eaglebaldini
Rookie
And1: 26

Post#509 » by eaglebaldini » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:22 pm

nyJnyKnyY wrote:Did clee get traded to the thunder? Saw a thread on the GB about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a trade with OKC for Singler and Abrines makes a whole lot of sense.

to me, it's pointless to hold off on a Lee trade expecting to get anything of value beyond just shedding his contract. this deal helps both teams and puts Lee in a good situation.

if it was available, i'd pull the trigger in a second.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#510 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:36 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:My hopes for the season in terms of trade are firstly that we might trade with mini and bring butler in for thjr and lance/Lee. No picks. No young players beyond mudiay or baker or kornet or the like.
Butler and frank would be amazing to watch and I think butler is spending a little while on the ir with elective surgery so he wouldn’t need to rush back.

Alternately we can move lee to a team that deserves him and just get back an expiring and look at thjr elsewhere.

But those are the two we need to shed so we can land two new big names this summer prior to extending Kp and then picking up Burke’s contract and possibily Mario.

If we are trading for Butler mid-season, we are probably giving up a pick. I think an interesting idea might be to go the other direction with:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycd4gjhq
Wiggins would not be bad for a rebuild team. Dieng/KP will be formidable next season before Mitch takes up the mantle. Knox would be a good counter balance to Wiggins and then Frank can focus on setting the table. Still would have cap for a max and we would be cutting 8M on this deal.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#511 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:20 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:My hopes for the season in terms of trade are firstly that we might trade with mini and bring butler in for thjr and lance/Lee. No picks. No young players beyond mudiay or baker or kornet or the like.

If we are trading for Butler mid-season, we are probably giving up a pick. I think an interesting idea might be to go the other direction with:
Wiggins would not be bad for a rebuild team. Dieng/KP will be formidable next season before Mitch takes up the mantle. Knox would be a good counter balance to Wiggins and then Frank can focus on setting the table. Still would have cap for a max and we would be cutting 8M on this deal.
infind Wiggins to be very underwhelming

Had he not been the top overall pick I think he wouldn’t get such praise for basically being Harrison Barnes or something.

I’m a huge butler fan

I love two way tough players like him who are big at their position and take defensive responsibilities seriously
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#512 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:50 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Had he not been the top overall pick I think he wouldn’t get such praise for basically being Harrison Barnes or something.

I’m a huge butler fan

I love two way tough players like him who are big at their position and take defensive responsibilities seriously

Wiggins can avg over 20 ppg as a primary option. Barnes has never passed that threshold. Not saying Wiggins is that alpha superstar, but I would rather Wiggins at 25M than Noah stretched at 6M and Hardy at 18M.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
cgf
RealGM

Post#513 » by cgf » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:17 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

I’m a huge butler fan

Wiggins can avg over 20 ppg as a primary option. Barnes has never passed that threshold. Not saying Wiggins is that alpha superstar, but I would rather Wiggins at 25M than Noah stretched at 6M and Hardy at 18M.

Can’t agree with that, not only would Timmy & the Noah stretch come off the books before Wiggins, but I’d rather have Timmy. Neither can be your go to scorer and both suck defensively, but Timmy is a better culture guy and is more likely to better take to a lesser role than Wiggins.

Wiggins might be the worst contract in the league if he doesn’t ever gets his head out of his ass...which I’m not willing to bet on...and Kevin Love doesn’t suffer another concussion. Wiggins is very inefficient, terrible defensively, a sloppier playmaker than THJ, and purportedly lazy. Say what you will about Timmy, but he put in a lot of work to become the mediocre starter that he is today, whereas Wiggins came into the league a mediocre starter and hasn’t progressed much at all since. So if we must be stuck with one gimme the guy’s at least busting his ass and who’s contract is less of an albatross.

nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#514 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:37 am

cgf wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:infind Wiggins to be very underwhelming

I’m a huge butler fan

Can’t agree with that, not only would Timmy & the Noah stretch come off the books before Wiggins, but I’d rather have Timmy. Neither can be your go to scorer and both suck defensively, but Timmy is a better culture guy and is more likely to better take to a lesser role than Wiggins.

Wiggins might be the worst contract in the league if he doesn’t ever gets his head out of his ass...which I’m not willing to bet on...and Kevin Love doesn’t suffer another concussion. Wiggins is very inefficient, terrible defensively, a sloppier playmaker than THJ, and purportedly lazy. Say what you will about Timmy, but he put in a lot of work to become the mediocre starter that he is today, whereas Wiggins came into the league a mediocre starter and hasn’t progressed much at all since. So if we must be stuck with one gimme the guy’s at least busting his ass and who’s contract is less of an albatross.

I don't feel that your description is accurate... His best TS%'s were with his highest USG season. Hardaway is a better shooter, but is not as good at getting to the basket/drawing fouls. Also Wiggins is a better defender
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,155

Post#515 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:11 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
cgf wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

I don't feel that your description is accurate... His best TS%'s were with his highest USG season. Hardaway is a better shooter, but is not as good at getting to the basket/drawing fouls. Also Wiggins is a better defender

Wiggins is a shat player with a shat mentality, who has no impact beyond getting buckets (inefficiently). He's lucky he plays in Minnesota because he'd get destroyed here. I actually think it's unfair to compare Barnes to Wiggins. Barnes cares. Wiggins has Eddy Curry heart in an SF body.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#516 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:31 am

Yeah, the Wolves know who will be the first option and second option, that is KA Towns and Jimmy Carter Butler.

The 3rd option is the HARDEST to find because he has to be the BEST at differential. That is, he can only score 12 pts so long as he nullified his opponent and allowed him to score 4 pts. That's a game changer.

This is one of the reasons why Melo's teams were often garbage. Remember 3 seasons ago, Melo would drop 29 pts. Ryan Anderson would score 26 pts. That's only a 3 pt differential for the rest of the team to work with. So someone has to be the difference maker.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,639

Post#517 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:32 am

cgf wrote:THJ coming out of the gates with the month of his life under Fiz, convincing Vivek that Timmy is exactly what he needs to avoid giving Boston a top 5 pick and so getting him to make Vlade send us WCS/Giles/Skal & half a decade's worth of 2nd rounders for THJ, is the dream...

Yeah, true. But if THJ comes out of the gates beasting at SG, then we won't want to trade him for expiring garbage. I really don't see a THJ trade until next summer or maybe at the 2019 trade deadline (at the earliest).
Free Palestine
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,378

Post#518 » by Ray Williams » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:00 pm

I have a feeling Hezonja is going to have a good year. If we stretch Noah,trade Lee,and waive Lance, is that enough capspace to cover the cap holds for Hezonja and Burke and sign 1 max free agent? Or does Timmy have to go too.
I like the idea of having a backcourt of Burke and THJ coming off the bench.

M.Robinson
KP
Knox
max free agent
Frank

Hezonja
2019 #1
Burke
THJ

or have Mitch come off the bench and start the 2019 #1, depends on who we draft.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#519 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:39 pm

Ray Williams wrote:I have a feeling Hezonja is going to have a good year. If we stretch Noah,trade Lee,and waive Lance, is that enough capspace to cover the cap holds for Hezonja and Burke and sign 1 max free agent? Or does Timmy have to go too.
I like the idea of having a backcourt of Burke and THJ coming off the bench.

M.Robinson
KP
Knox
max free agent
Frank

Hezonja
2019 #1
Burke
THJ

or have Mitch come off the bench and start the 2019 #1, depends on who we draft.

I don’t think we have a relevant cap hold with nario

We don’t have any but rights or whatever so he’s just gonna be a ufa we would have to sign if we held enough cap to do so

Or if he was willing to take a pay cut to stay

If we’re lookkng at a Max fa the first order of business will be kanter and thjr

It’s iverly ambitions to think Robinson will be ready to replace kanter by the summer

We shall see though
Multipe Sources
Sophomore
And1: 44

Post#520 » by Multipe Sources » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:26 pm

I'd be surprised to see Philly go for Lee when they still seem conservative about giving out long-term contracts and they just traded for Chandler this summer.

Washington makes a lot of sense, but I don't see a trade with them where we take back favorable contracts (which is our highest priority now).

OKC also makes sense but considering how they'll be paying crazy luxury tax bills, I can't see them trading for Lee without dumping more than Abrines and Singler.

Toronto and Charlotte are intriguing. I wouldn't really rush, I think his market could open up a lot by the deadline since teams will be looking to add "that last piece" for a playoff push and the guys signed to contracts this summer will be eligible to be traded.

Return to New York Knicks