ImageImageImageImageImage

Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE)

User avatar
Marty McFly
RealGM
Posts: 22,806
And1: 5,331
Joined: Sep 15, 2009
     

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#41 » by Marty McFly » Wed May 16, 2018 7:08 pm

dakomish23 wrote:So many folks dismissed Kyrie and said BOS lost that trade.

Having another go to guy is what helped propel Lebron to loftier heights


myself included. :lol: I've stopped doubting ainge at that point though.
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 26,068
And1: 14,199
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#42 » by dakomish23 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:22 pm

sushibear wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:So many folks dismissed Kyrie and said BOS lost that trade.

Having another go to guy is what helped propel Lebron to loftier heights


Let's be honest here. Boston don't need kyrie.


False
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
EricAnderson
Analyst
Posts: 3,302
And1: 967
Joined: May 28, 2008

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#43 » by EricAnderson » Wed May 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Hate make people stupid and dellusional..

Yeah sure no teams want by far the best player in the league anymore..makes sense to me.

Dude dragged a dead carcass roster to the ecf’s
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 26,068
And1: 14,199
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#44 » by dakomish23 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:So many folks dismissed Kyrie and said BOS lost that trade.

Having another go to guy is what helped propel Lebron to loftier heights


myself included. :lol: I've stopped doubting ainge at that point though.


I didn’t get it. Dude was a monster without the ball in his hands that much. Folks were saying IT - who the whole offense was based around and who always had the ball in his hands - was way better. As if Stevens wasn’t going to do great things with a younger taller more talented player.

Now watch someone pull up the thread and it has me saying exactly what I’m bashing now :lol:
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
sushibear
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,224
And1: 2,710
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
 

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#45 » by sushibear » Wed May 16, 2018 7:28 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
sushibear wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:So many folks dismissed Kyrie and said BOS lost that trade.

Having another go to guy is what helped propel Lebron to loftier heights


Let's be honest here. Boston don't need kyrie.


False


Not a good look that they are doing well in the playoffs without him and even worse, there's this kid named Terry rozier that is balling and looking like a stud.

Hell irving wouldn't even help the cavs if he stayed this season cuz he'd be injured again. Irving is the epitome and definition of an injury prone player.
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 41,620
And1: 25,033
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: User Signature Removed
 

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#46 » by Capn'O » Wed May 16, 2018 7:29 pm

god shammgod wrote:i just want to see kp and kyrie together.


Fair enough. They could have brought some fun moments.
Image
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,247
And1: 6,007
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#47 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed May 16, 2018 7:32 pm

sushibear wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:So many folks dismissed Kyrie and said BOS lost that trade.

Having another go to guy is what helped propel Lebron to loftier heights


Let's be honest here. Boston don't need kyrie.


Disagree. Who is taking a big shot on that team? I'm still a little suspect of BOS cuz yeah it's impressive how they've played considering the injuries but also look at who they've beaten. A young Bucks team and a proven bad playoff team in Toronto. That's not that impressively honestly.
A new era or error?
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 52,869
And1: 17,969
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#48 » by GONYK » Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
sushibear wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:So many folks dismissed Kyrie and said BOS lost that trade.

Having another go to guy is what helped propel Lebron to loftier heights


Let's be honest here. Boston don't need kyrie.


Disagree. Who is taking a big shot on that team? I'm still a little suspect of BOS cuz yeah it's impressive how they've played considering the injuries but also look at who they've beaten. A young Bucks team and a proven bad playoff team in Toronto. That's not that impressively honestly.


Cleveland beat Toronto. Celtics smacked around Philly.
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,247
And1: 6,007
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#49 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:So many folks dismissed Kyrie and said BOS lost that trade.

Having another go to guy is what helped propel Lebron to loftier heights


myself included. :lol: I've stopped doubting ainge at that point though.


I didn’t get it. Dude was a monster without the ball in his hands that much. Folks were saying IT - who the whole offense was based around and who always had the ball in his hands - was way better. As if Stevens wasn’t going to do great things with a younger taller more talented player.

Now watch someone pull up the thread and it has me saying exactly what I’m bashing now :lol:


IT way better than Kyrie? Who the heck thinks that?
A new era or error?
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,584
And1: 3,515
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#50 » by Are We Ther Yet » Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm

sushibear wrote:
blueNorange wrote:lol wth is the purpose of this thread, lebron already won a ring in cleveland .. the stigma and stank is off of him.

he's a true champion, the very best my eyes saw.


This. Dude has been dominating for over a decade now. Melo has been dominating cheeseburgers. Look I also am not a fan of lebron but you gotta give credit where credit is due.


A true champion? Dude couldn't win in Cleveland. Left to form a superteam by colluding with other FA. Then the Cavs mysteriosly win 3 out of 4 lottery picks and he ran from his failed attempt at "not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...etc" to go to yet another stacked team.

A more fraudulent champion has never played in this league!!!
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,247
And1: 6,007
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#51 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed May 16, 2018 7:35 pm

GONYK wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Let's be honest here. Boston don't need kyrie.


Disagree. Who is taking a big shot on that team? I'm still a little suspect of BOS cuz yeah it's impressive how they've played considering the injuries but also look at who they've beaten. A young Bucks team and a proven bad playoff team in Toronto. That's not that impressively honestly.


Cleveland beat Toronto. Celtics smacked around Philly.


My bad but still my point stands. Two young teams.
A new era or error?
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 52,869
And1: 17,969
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#52 » by GONYK » Wed May 16, 2018 7:36 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
GONYK wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Disagree. Who is taking a big shot on that team? I'm still a little suspect of BOS cuz yeah it's impressive how they've played considering the injuries but also look at who they've beaten. A young Bucks team and a proven bad playoff team in Toronto. That's not that impressively honestly.


Cleveland beat Toronto. Celtics smacked around Philly.


My bad but still my point stands. Two young teams.


Perhaps, but who did Cleveland beat that was so impressive? Indiana?

The East is what it is
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,247
And1: 6,007
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#53 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed May 16, 2018 7:37 pm

GONYK wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Cleveland beat Toronto. Celtics smacked around Philly.


My bad but still my point stands. Two young teams.


Perhaps, but who did Cleveland beat that was so impressive? Indiana?


Didn't say Cleveland was impressive. The east is still trash. My point is that I'm still a bit skeptical of Boston considering how weak east is.
A new era or error?
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 12,769
And1: 7,811
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#54 » by King of Canada » Wed May 16, 2018 7:38 pm

EricAnderson wrote:Hate make people stupid and dellusional..

Yeah sure no teams want by far the best player in the league anymore..makes sense to me.

Dude dragged a dead carcass roster to the ecf’s


If teams could get Lebron in a bubble they'd all do it in a heart beat, but if it comes with his list of requirements and a 1 and 1 deal hung over your heads every single GM would need to step back and rethink. That's why Philly makes sense, because they can just sign him outright and already have the squad on hand without having to trade a bunch of assets just to appease Lebron.
BAF Pacers
F. Mason/J. Lucas/Teodosic
J. Murray/Vujacic/D. Brooks
C. Osman/Babbit
L. Markkanen/J. Hill
K. Porzingis/Giles/Random Plumlee

IR B. Knight, A. Pasecniks

Exempt F. Jackson
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 52,869
And1: 17,969
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#55 » by GONYK » Wed May 16, 2018 7:38 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
GONYK wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
My bad but still my point stands. Two young teams.


Perhaps, but who did Cleveland beat that was so impressive? Indiana?


Didn't say Cleveland was impressive. The east is still trash. My point is that I'm still a bit skeptical of Boston considering how weak east is.


As a championship team? I agree, they are going to get destroyed by the Warriors.

As a team that can sit atop the East? I think they are fairly set.
User avatar
sushibear
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,224
And1: 2,710
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
 

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#56 » by sushibear » Wed May 16, 2018 7:40 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
sushibear wrote:
blueNorange wrote:lol wth is the purpose of this thread, lebron already won a ring in cleveland .. the stigma and stank is off of him.

he's a true champion, the very best my eyes saw.


This. Dude has been dominating for over a decade now. Melo has been dominating cheeseburgers. Look I also am not a fan of lebron but you gotta give credit where credit is due.


A true champion? Dude couldn't win in Cleveland. Left to form a superteam by colluding with other FA. Then the Cavs mysteriosly win 3 out of 4 lottery picks and he ran from his failed attempt at "not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...etc" to go to yet another stacked team.

A more fraudulent champion has never played in this league!!!


Yeah sure but you can't take away that he's already a champion. He left cleveland and that organization was instant lottery. He left miami and that team was begging for an 8 seed. If he leaves cleveland again, we know what position they will be in. Look I'm no fan of leb*tch but as a basketball fan, you just gotta tip your hat sometimes.
User avatar
sushibear
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,224
And1: 2,710
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
 

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#57 » by sushibear » Wed May 16, 2018 7:42 pm

EricAnderson wrote:Hate make people stupid and dellusional..

Yeah sure no teams want by far the best player in the league anymore..makes sense to me.

Dude dragged a dead carcass roster to the ecf’s


This.
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,584
And1: 3,515
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#58 » by Are We Ther Yet » Wed May 16, 2018 7:45 pm

sushibear wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
sushibear wrote:
This. Dude has been dominating for over a decade now. Melo has been dominating cheeseburgers. Look I also am not a fan of lebron but you gotta give credit where credit is due.


A true champion? Dude couldn't win in Cleveland. Left to form a superteam by colluding with other FA. Then the Cavs mysteriosly win 3 out of 4 lottery picks and he ran from his failed attempt at "not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...etc" to go to yet another stacked team.

A more fraudulent champion has never played in this league!!!


Yeah sure but you can't take away that he's already a champion. He left cleveland and that organization was instant lottery. He left miami and that team was begging for an 8 seed. If he leaves cleveland again, we know what position they will be again. Again I'm no fan of leb*tch but as a basketball fan, you just gotta tip your hat sometimes.


His athleticism/talent is one thing. The way he became a champion is another. The way he destroyed the league balance is even worse.

Fraud. I would bet my life that he takes some form of PEDs as well but, that's just an opinion.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
DaGawd
RealGM
Posts: 13,314
And1: 10,855
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Queens, NY
     

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#59 » by DaGawd » Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
A true champion? Dude couldn't win in Cleveland. Left to form a superteam by colluding with other FA. Then the Cavs mysteriosly win 3 out of 4 lottery picks and he ran from his failed attempt at "not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...etc" to go to yet another stacked team.

A more fraudulent champion has never played in this league!!!


Yeah sure but you can't take away that he's already a champion. He left cleveland and that organization was instant lottery. He left miami and that team was begging for an 8 seed. If he leaves cleveland again, we know what position they will be again. Again I'm no fan of leb*tch but as a basketball fan, you just gotta tip your hat sometimes.


His athleticism/talent is one thing. The way he became a champion is another. The way he destroyed the league balance is even worse.

Fraud. I would bet my life that he takes some form of PEDs as well but, that's just an opinion.


Damn your life bruh?
User avatar
sushibear
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,224
And1: 2,710
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
 

Re: Countdown to Lebron James exodus (SE) 

Post#60 » by sushibear » Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
sushibear wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
A true champion? Dude couldn't win in Cleveland. Left to form a superteam by colluding with other FA. Then the Cavs mysteriosly win 3 out of 4 lottery picks and he ran from his failed attempt at "not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...etc" to go to yet another stacked team.

A more fraudulent champion has never played in this league!!!


Yeah sure but you can't take away that he's already a champion. He left cleveland and that organization was instant lottery. He left miami and that team was begging for an 8 seed. If he leaves cleveland again, we know what position they will be again. Again I'm no fan of leb*tch but as a basketball fan, you just gotta tip your hat sometimes.


His athleticism/talent is one thing. The way he became a champion is another. The way he destroyed the league balance is even worse.

Fraud. I would bet my life that he takes some form of PEDs as well but, that's just an opinion.


I feel like you just described lebron as a star wars character lol. He's basically darth vader and the cavs fans were obi Wan screaming " you were the chosen one!". Well he came back to Cleveland and balanced everything out to me

Return to New York Knicks