ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#121 » by Billy Goat » Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Greenie wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Greenie wrote:STAT
Melo
STAT
Shumpert
STAT
Tyson
STAT
Lin
STAT

Amare was injury prone way before the Knicks.

And yet our medical staff cleared him for us to sign.

Right. Because he was healthy.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: RE: Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#122 » by Greenie » Thu May 17, 2018 7:14 pm

GONYK wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

Amare wasn't examined before we signed him

If this is true then that’s even worse than I thought.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#123 » by Greenie » Thu May 17, 2018 7:16 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

How so?

Dude had a knee injury and a serious eye injury in his history. It was well known why PHX wouldn’t give him 5 years.
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#124 » by BKAY » Thu May 17, 2018 7:17 pm

Meat wrote:
BKAY wrote:Just wondering where the notion that NBA teams had the best doctors in the world came from? If anything, its proven time and time again that teams really fumble player rehabilitation.

factually incorrect, we aren't talking oncologists or gp, we are talking sports medicine. medical staff isnt league specific, the knicks lead doctor, Dr. Lisa Callahan oversees the rangers, liberty, and both knicks. More so she was also the head team physician for the last 2 Olympic teams I believe

I mean it was a subjective over generalization , hard to call that factually incorrect. You dont really need to look further than the knicks and rangers injury history to find that the MSG medical staff is not perfect. Lisa Callahan has been on the Knicks medical staff for over 10 years, are you trying to say that she has done a greater than satisfactory job while here?
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#125 » by Ignitowsky » Thu May 17, 2018 7:20 pm

Greenie wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:
Greenie wrote:No you don’t. The only extremists with Melo are his haters. That’s why they blame entire teams performance(when bad) on him alone. What you think about the Knicks this season?

Shooting less than 10 times in a game will never trump a dude taking damn near 50 shots. That won’t register to you unless it’s KP. Then you sound just like me.

He needs help
He can’t do it alone
Get better players
Where’s the damn PG

Funny thing is I’ve always viewed this a as a plug and play type of thing. No matter who the best player is here they will all run into the same things until the Knicks as an organization fix their roster building skills.

Marbury
Lee
STAT
Melo
KP

Doesn’t really matter. The Knicks are bad at building teams around guys.

if you want to add the word "historically" to what you said I'll agree with you, but this is an entirely new management team, and I think proven otherwise we have to give them benefit of Doubt and refrain from bashing them

Lincoln was a Republican

WTF does Lincoln have to do with anything? Bad comp.

Entirely new when Mills has been here forever and Perry was brought in last year?

Hmmmm...

Perry didn't even have a chance to draft last year. Adding fizdale completely changes the dynamic of the organization. We can agree to disagree, but I think you have to give this group sometime before you lump them in with the incompetent management teams that we've had for almost the past 20 years
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,119

Post#126 » by blueNorange » Thu May 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Ignitowsky wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote: if you want to add the word "historically" to what you said I'll agree with you, but this is an entirely new management team, and I think proven otherwise we have to give them benefit of Doubt and refrain from bashing them

Lincoln was a Republican

Entirely new when Mills has been here forever and Perry was brought in last year?

Hmmmm...

Perry didn't even have a chance to draft last year. Adding fizdale completely changes the dynamic of the organization. We can agree to disagree, but I think you have to give this group sometime before you lump them in with the incompetent management teams that we've had for almost the past 20 years

mills has been part of this crap from the beginning.

perry still seems like a car saleman act

at the end of the day dolan is still going to have his hands on this.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,934

Post#127 » by F N 11 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:33 pm

Greenie wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
KP is your Melo. It’s OK. I get it :lol:

Only difference I admit his weaknesses. :lol: Yall extremist with Melo. What you think about Melo this season.

"Its Westbrooks fault"

No you don’t. The only extremists with Melo are his haters. That’s why they blame entire teams performance(when bad) on him alone. What you think about the Knicks this season?

Shooting less than 10 times in a game will never trump a dude taking damn near 50 shots. That won’t register to you unless it’s KP. Then you sound just like me.

He needs help
He can’t do it alone
Get better players
Where’s the damn PG

Funny thing is I’ve always viewed this a as a plug and play type of thing. No matter who the best player is here they will all run into the same things until the Knicks as an organization fix their roster building skills.

Marbury
Lee
STAT
Melo
KP

CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#128 » by F N 11 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:36 pm

Greenie wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:
Greenie wrote:No you don’t. The only extremists with Melo are his haters. That’s why they blame entire teams performance(when bad) on him alone. What you think about the Knicks this season?

He needs help
He can’t do it alone
Get better players
Where’s the damn PG

Marbury
Lee
STAT
Melo
KP

if you want to add the word "historically" to what you said I'll agree with you, but this is an entirely new management team, and I think proven otherwise we have to give them benefit of Doubt and refrain from bashing them

Lincoln was a Republican

Hmmmm...

The knicks been in win now mode forever. Now that they laid out a plan to rebuild you just dont believe them. Thats on you.
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#129 » by Billy Goat » Thu May 17, 2018 7:51 pm

Greenie wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Greenie wrote:

How so?

Dude had a knee injury and a serious eye injury in his history. It was well known why PHX wouldn’t give him 5 years.

I dont see how that relates to the Knicks medical staff. The Knicks knowingly took a risk on Amare.
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#130 » by Billy Goat » Thu May 17, 2018 7:53 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:
Greenie wrote:WTF does Lincoln have to do with anything? Bad comp.

Hmmmm...

mills has been part of this crap from the beginning.

perry still seems like a car saleman act

at the end of the day dolan is still going to have his hands on this.

Which is why I believe it would be helpful/encouraging for Porzingis to lead the way by hanging around the organization during the offseason to somewhat offset the constant drama in the FO.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#131 » by Greenie » Thu May 17, 2018 8:45 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote: if you want to add the word "historically" to what you said I'll agree with you, but this is an entirely new management team, and I think proven otherwise we have to give them benefit of Doubt and refrain from bashing them

Lincoln was a Republican

Hmmmm...

The knicks been in win now mode forever. Now that they laid out a plan to rebuild you just dont believe them. Thats on you.

They laid out a plan last year too.
...and the year before

...and the year before

And the last 20 years before.

You always believe them and that’s on you.
Actions speak louder than words. I’m still waiting on them to show me.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#132 » by Greenie » Thu May 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

How so?

I dont see how that relates to the Knicks medical staff. The Knicks knowingly took a risk on Amare.

Because if I ran a medical staff I would have flagged the hell out of STAT. Based on his injury history alone.

However, it’s being brought to my attention that he was never brought in for a physical before we decided to give him most of our cap so it’s whatever.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#133 » by dakomish23 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Lincoln was a Republican

Hmmmm...

So you blindly believe them?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
F N 11
RealGM

Post#134 » by F N 11 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:22 pm

That Kristaps game of zones is terrifying. So much truth.
Ignitowsky
General Manager

Post#135 » by Ignitowsky » Thu May 17, 2018 9:39 pm

Greenie wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

Hmmmm...

...and the year before

...and the year before

The plan is to rebuild and we are rebuilding. we hired a coach with a good pedigree who will be able to develop our young players. what would you like the management team to do at this point In order to convince you?

This is going to be something that we won't know the answer to for at least a few years. I understand your pessimism, I just don't share it
F N 11
RealGM

Post#136 » by F N 11 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:58 pm

Greenie wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

Hmmmm...

...and the year before

...and the year before

Bring up an article where the Knicks say they are rebuilding. Please make me feel stupid. Knicks been a win now team for as long as I can remember and I’m 29.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#137 » by Greenie » Thu May 17, 2018 10:22 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
K P 6 wrote:The knicks been in win now mode forever. Now that they laid out a plan to rebuild you just dont believe them. Thats on you.

...and the year before

...and the year before

Bring up an article where the Knicks say they are rebuilding. Please make me feel stupid. Knicks been a win now team for as long as I can remember and I’m 29.

Are you really serious?

Did they literally say rebuild or was it more of this?

Don’t worry I’ll wait. Last year you all swore up and down we were rebuilding. No we were not. We simply retooled.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#138 » by Greenie » Thu May 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Ignitowsky wrote:
Greenie wrote:
K P 6 wrote:The knicks been in win now mode forever. Now that they laid out a plan to rebuild you just dont believe them. Thats on you.

...and the year before

...and the year before

The plan is to rebuild and we are rebuilding. we hired a coach with a good pedigree who will be able to develop our young players. what would you like the management team to do at this point In order to convince you?

This is going to be something that we won't know the answer to for at least a few years. I understand your pessimism, I just don't share it

You know when a team is rebuilding right away. It ain’t hard to tell. Miss me with that nonsense. People said we were rebuilding last year and developing players while we signed more vets and refused to give the #8 pick consistent minutes over Jared Jack until post ASB...

When the off-season starts and the Knicks make moves they will show what is real. When the season starts and we see how minute distribution is handled we will know what’s up.

It won’t take years to see what’s what.
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#139 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Thu May 17, 2018 10:43 pm

Put what this kid is doing into words and see how ridiculous this sounds.....he's getting too strong, rehabbing too much, he's too far away, he might blow out his knee working out his upper body after a knee injury he suffered 3 months ago, now is the time to trade him, he's a diva because in his off time he is WORKING OUT but not on the Knicks dime............WTF??? :lol:

After years of enduring the Eddy Currys and Jerome James coming into camp "in the best shape of their lives", we are now at a point where we are concerned about a guy putting in hard work because it might injure him so we should dump his ass instead of recognizing his effort......how stupid is this world becoming?

You people deserved Jerome James...a guy who took your money and ate his cake in the comfort of NYC where he was close to your hearts and worked out using orange and blue colored stationary bikes....because that made him a legit Knick and the team so successful.
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
Ignitowsky
General Manager

Post#140 » by Ignitowsky » Thu May 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Greenie wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:
Greenie wrote:
...and the year before

...and the year before

You know when a team is rebuilding right away. It ain’t hard to tell. Miss me with that nonsense. People said we were rebuilding last year and developing players while we signed more vets and refused to give the #8 pick consistent minutes over Jared Jack until post ASB...

When the off-season starts and the Knicks make moves they will show what is real. When the season starts and we see how minute distribution is handled we will know what’s up.

It won’t take years to see what’s what.

what I was trying to say is that it's going to take years to see how successful we are in whatever attempt we make to rebuild. You're a hundred percent right that it would be a bad sign if we brought in guys like Michael Beasley are cheap contracts this summer. we should be bringing in young kids hoping to strike gold rather than bringing in washed up players.

I think one of the things that cost Hornacek his job was that he wasn't following the program. Until proven otherwise, I will continue to believe we are doing a real rebuild.

Return to New York Knicks