ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

I am the only one who feels this way 

Post#141 » by bleedblue3303 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:36 pm

We have a new Coach, who will teach a new system. A player being drafted who will probably be a starter off the bat, and a Young PG who needs more reps with our star.

SO WHY THE F IS KP in LATIVA OR SPAIN OR WHEREVER REHABBING AND NOT REHABBING IN NYC WITH HIS TEAM.

These are the decisions that make me really shakey on him and his ability to lead us. I really wonder at times what we could get for him.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Re: I am the only one who feels this way 

Post#142 » by AllanHoustonFan » Thu May 17, 2018 11:37 pm

Not to backseat mod, but viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1706819
#MKGA
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,133

Post#143 » by Fury » Thu May 17, 2018 11:39 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:We have a new Coach, who will teach a new system. A player being drafted who will probably be a starter off the bat, and a Young PG who needs more reps with our star.

SO WHY THE F IS KP in LATIVA OR SPAIN OR WHEREVER REHABBING AND NOT REHABBING IN NYC WITH HIS TEAM.

These are the decisions that make me really shakey on him and his ability to lead us. I really wonder at times what we could get for him.

Frank isn’t here yet either

What reps is he gonna get with KP while KP is rehabbing
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,325

Post#144 » by Capn'O » Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:Not to backseat mod, but viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1706819

BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#145 » by fatalogic » Thu May 17, 2018 11:45 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:We have a new Coach, who will teach a new system. A player being drafted who will probably be a starter off the bat, and a Young PG who needs more reps with our star.

I don't think it's that big of a deal yet. He is European and it's the off season why wouldn't he go back to Europe. Also he loves Spain and seems to be friends with Luka Doncic. Pretty much all players work with their own trainers and doctors in the off season.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#146 » by Greenie » Fri May 18, 2018 12:04 am

I really don’t give a damn where he rehabs as long as he gets better
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#147 » by Marty McFly » Fri May 18, 2018 12:09 am

he's trying to convince doncic to force his way to the knicks.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,343

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#148 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri May 18, 2018 12:14 am

Ignitowsky wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:The plan is to rebuild and we are rebuilding. we hired a coach with a good pedigree who will be able to develop our young players. what would you like the management team to do at this point In order to convince you?

This is going to be something that we won't know the answer to for at least a few years. I understand your pessimism, I just don't share it

You know when a team is rebuilding right away. It ain’t hard to tell. Miss me with that nonsense. People said we were rebuilding last year and developing players while we signed more vets and refused to give the #8 pick consistent minutes over Jared Jack until post ASB...

When the off-season starts and the Knicks make moves they will show what is real. When the season starts and we see how minute distribution is handled we will know what’s up.

It won’t take years to see what’s what.

what I was trying to say is that it's going to take years to see how successful we are in whatever attempt we make to rebuild. You're a hundred percent right that it would be a bad sign if we brought in guys like Michael Beasley are cheap contracts this summer. we should be bringing in young kids hoping to strike gold rather than bringing in washed up players.

I think one of the things that cost Hornacek his job was that he wasn't following the program. Until proven otherwise, I will continue to believe we are doing a real rebuild.

Considering how we have no roster spots or cap space at the moment...we shouldn't be signing any vets. Kyle/Kanter/Noah situations will dictate what we spend this summer.

This is not a rebuilding FA year. The only players we should realistically target are a few RFAs. That means overpaying for a player. Not really a good move and, we already did that with Timmy.

We are rebuilding. There's no debating that. We will have a roster full of young players that all need some work. Timmy/Trey/Kanter(?) are the older "kids". KP will be rehabbing. Lee/MFLFT are the only vets we will have, depending on what happens with Kyle/Noah.

This is it. This is year 2. Jeff shyt all over year 1. That's why he's gone.

Frank/Burke/Mud
Timmy/Lee/Dotson/Baker
Troy
MFLFT/KP
Kanter(?)/Kyle(?)/Noah(?)
2 draft picks
2 2-way contracts

That's the roster situation. No cap space to spend currently. No room under the cap or on the roster to bring back Beasley or any other vet mini players.

We are waiting on Kanter/Kyle/Noah situations to work themselves out.
:beer: RIP mags
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,630

Post#149 » by Billy Goat » Fri May 18, 2018 12:22 am

Knicks fans defending this is frankly strange and goes to show many NBA fans seem to care more about their personal fandom of players over the team. There's zero reason for Porzingis not to be in the US right now working with the Knicks. Like zero defense of this other than Porzingis walks to the beat of his own drum and is out for himself.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#150 » by Triple C » Fri May 18, 2018 12:29 am

Read on Twitter
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#151 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:39 am

Billy Goat wrote:

Knicks fans defending this is frankly strange and goes to show many NBA fans seem to care more about their personal fandom of players over the team. There's zero reason for Porzingis not to be in the US right now working with the Knicks. Like zero defense of this other than Porzingis walks to the beat of his own drum and is out for himself.

0 reason? What if I told you , you couldn’t go home? Stop acting like KP needs to be here in America. Let him be with his people and family. He’s working hard, let him work. It’s the offseason, if he wants to spend it home, so be it.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,630

Post#152 » by Billy Goat » Fri May 18, 2018 12:43 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

0 reason? What if I told you , you couldn’t go home? Stop acting like KP needs to be here in America. Let him be with his people and family. He’s working hard, let him work. It’s the offseason, if he wants to spend it home, so be it.

A bit dramatic. Doesnt his family live in the US now anyways? He's getting paid millions and wants a max deal. At least pretend to be a leader.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,053

Post#153 » by F N 11 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:55 am

Greenie wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
They laid out a plan last year too.
...and the year before

...and the year before

And the last 20 years before.

You always believe them and that’s on you.
Actions speak louder than words. I’m still waiting on them to show me.

Bring up an article where the Knicks say they are rebuilding. Please make me feel stupid. Knicks been a win now team for as long as I can remember and I’m 29.

Are you really serious?

Did they literally say rebuild or was it more of this?

Don’t worry I’ll wait. Last year you all swore up and down we were rebuilding. No we were not. We simply retooled.

Jeff last year don’t really count this season was a waste everybody knew that. They didn’t interfere like they said that’s why is arse got fired so quick. Melo trade was the first step. Chit don’t happen overnight.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#154 » by Ignitowsky » Fri May 18, 2018 1:00 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:
Greenie wrote:You know when a team is rebuilding right away. It ain’t hard to tell. Miss me with that nonsense. People said we were rebuilding last year and developing players while we signed more vets and refused to give the #8 pick consistent minutes over Jared Jack until post ASB...

When the off-season starts and the Knicks make moves they will show what is real. When the season starts and we see how minute distribution is handled we will know what’s up.

what I was trying to say is that it's going to take years to see how successful we are in whatever attempt we make to rebuild. You're a hundred percent right that it would be a bad sign if we brought in guys like Michael Beasley are cheap contracts this summer. we should be bringing in young kids hoping to strike gold rather than bringing in washed up players.

I think one of the things that cost Hornacek his job was that he wasn't following the program. Until proven otherwise, I will continue to believe we are doing a real rebuild.

Considering how we have no roster spots or cap space at the moment...we shouldn't be signing any vets. Kyle/Kanter/Noah situations will dictate what we spend this summer.

This is not a rebuilding FA year. The only players we should realistically target are a few RFAs. That means overpaying for a player. Not really a good move and, we already did that with Timmy.

We are rebuilding. There's no debating that. We will have a roster full of young players that all need some work. Timmy/Trey/Kanter(?) are the older "kids". KP will be rehabbing. Lee/MFLFT are the only vets we will have, depending on what happens with Kyle/Noah.

Frank/Burke/Mud
Timmy/Lee/Dotson/Baker
Troy
MFLFT/KP
2 draft picks
2 2-way contracts

That's the roster situation. No cap space to spend currently. No room under the cap or on the roster to bring back Beasley or any other vet mini players.

assuming that everyone opts in, and assuming we bring Dotson back, then allowing for the 2 draft picks, we're going to have 2 free roster spots, which I think should be filled by minimum contract young players. Don't spend anything on vets.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,343

Post#155 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri May 18, 2018 1:09 am

Ignitowsky wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote: what I was trying to say is that it's going to take years to see how successful we are in whatever attempt we make to rebuild. You're a hundred percent right that it would be a bad sign if we brought in guys like Michael Beasley are cheap contracts this summer. we should be bringing in young kids hoping to strike gold rather than bringing in washed up players.

Frank/Burke/Mud
Timmy/Lee/Dotson/Baker
Troy
MFLFT/KP
2 draft picks
2 2-way contracts

assuming that everyone opts in, and assuming we bring Dotson back, then allowing for the 2 draft picks, we're going to have 2 free roster spots, which I think should be filled by minimum contract young players. Don't spend anything on vets.

Dotson? He's signed for 2 more years. Do you mean Noah?

If everyone opts in and Noah stays we have 2 2-way contracts and that's it. They will most likely be younger players. I listed them in my post.

Now...Perry could make some sort of trades...not sure what though. I don't see us wasting time on any more vets like Jeff did.

This is year 2 of the rebuild. That's all that matters to me. A predominantly young roster. A new HC who's supposed to develop the youth. I'm ready to go right now! SL can't get here fast enough.
:beer: RIP mags
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#156 » by Ignitowsky » Fri May 18, 2018 1:34 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Frank/Burke/Mud
Timmy/Lee/Dotson/Baker
Troy
MFLFT/KP
2 draft picks
2 2-way contracts

Dotson? He's signed for 2 more years. Do you mean Noah?

If everyone opts in and Noah stays we have 2 2-way contracts and that's it. They will most likely be younger players. I listed them in my post.

Now...Perry could make some sort of trades...not sure what though. I don't see us wasting time on any more vets like Jeff did.

This is year 2 of the rebuild. That's all that matters to me. A predominantly young roster. A new HC who's supposed to develop the youth. I'm ready to go right now! SL can't get here fast enough.

Actually, we have an option on Burke which we will likely pick up as well
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#157 » by MrOrange » Fri May 18, 2018 3:14 am

Billy Goat wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

A bit dramatic. Doesnt his family live in the US now anyways? He's getting paid millions and wants a max deal. At least pretend to be a leader.

No, they don't. Brothers do live in NYC during the season and actually get a lot of stick for that in Latvia since very few know what their actual roles are. Parents visit him during Xmas and maybe a couple of times during the season. His home is in Latvia and it will most likely be the case also in future. This is true with most of the international players in the NBA. And if he thinks that it is in his best long-term interests as an athlete to rehab at an undeniably superb facility of Real Madrid, who are we exactly to blame him? He is on his own time and pays out of his own pocket. What would he be doing in NYC right now anyway? It is essentially an off time for players until the training camp, most of the guys are probably not in NYC either. Fizz will travel to Latvia at some point, they will talk things out and KP will likely be in NYC for the training camp. I really don't get this whole argument that he would somehow show leadership by being in NYC at this moment (at the expense of his rehab program).
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,370

Post#158 » by stuporman » Fri May 18, 2018 3:44 am

Preemptive 'pure muscle' predictions? Novel approach. .....
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#159 » by Greenie » Fri May 18, 2018 4:52 am

K P 6 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Bring up an article where the Knicks say they are rebuilding. Please make me feel stupid. Knicks been a win now team for as long as I can remember and I’m 29.

Are you really serious?

Did they literally say rebuild or was it more of this?

Don’t worry I’ll wait. Last year you all swore up and down we were rebuilding. No we were not. We simply retooled.

Jeff last year don’t really count this season was a waste everybody knew that. They didn’t interfere like they said that’s why is arse got fired so quick. Melo trade was the first step. Chit don’t happen overnight.

Now last year doesn’t count...
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,669

Post#160 » by dakomish23 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:08 am

Ignitowsky wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Ignitowsky wrote:The plan is to rebuild and we are rebuilding. we hired a coach with a good pedigree who will be able to develop our young players. what would you like the management team to do at this point In order to convince you?

This is going to be something that we won't know the answer to for at least a few years. I understand your pessimism, I just don't share it

You know when a team is rebuilding right away. It ain’t hard to tell. Miss me with that nonsense. People said we were rebuilding last year and developing players while we signed more vets and refused to give the #8 pick consistent minutes over Jared Jack until post ASB...

Mills didn’t have a problem with Jeff not playing WHG.

If the FO was all about the kids and Jeff did t listen, why would he say that? Why would they keep him on as coach all year?

I 100% agree with you on the approach we should be taking and even have a glimmer of hope that they will not follow what happened last year. But if they’re doing the same things (signing more vets, vets get minutes over the kids) then it can’t be blamed on the coach again.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks