ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain

Moderators: moocow007, Capn'O, FrontOfficeEye, magnumt, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

KennySkyWalker
Sophomore
Posts: 212
And1: 74
Joined: Oct 08, 2017

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#81 » by KennySkyWalker » Thu May 17, 2018 2:23 am

AllanHoustonFan wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
I'd be willing to say that not a single top level player in the NBA relies on team medical staff for this type of stuff. They might consult with them, but really they're paying out of pocket for the absolute best they can get. It's not the teams fault and is a huge positive to salaries being as high as they are.


I've been reading this for years though. Not once has there been an example.

Like when Lin was only 85% healthy and didn't come back. That's an example of the exact opposite.

I would like examples. I can't recall any.

People act like the Knicks have the Mets medical staff.


I'm a Mets fan and this made :lol: It is so true.
User avatar
nykfan42
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,225
And1: 1,953
Joined: Mar 18, 2009
Location: long island

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#82 » by nykfan42 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:25 am

reub wrote:
nykfan42 wrote:What's with the title to the article by the NY Post? Who cares that he is rehabbing in Spain instead of Latvia, nothing weird about that to me.

Anyway, it's nice to hear that he is bulking up. Hopefully not too much where he loses his agility.


We'll all care if he signs with Real Madrid in 2 years.

Well that would be the dumbest decision of his life. It won't happen.
Kporzee. Make the Knicks great again!
Nazrmohamed
Analyst
Posts: 3,174
And1: 1,339
Joined: May 16, 2013
     

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#83 » by Nazrmohamed » Thu May 17, 2018 2:42 am

tuna108 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Son said you wouldn’t be able to recognize Kp with his shirt off by September. Damnnnnnn


Stay away from the PEDs KP, Look what happened to the top Golfer...cut his career short


You guys are way too dramatic. I started working out 2 months ago, I'm no world athlete and don't even work out consistently yet my body has transformed. Why must everyone talk in such extremes. This is the best time to transform your body. What does bench pressing, shoulder workouts, building your back have to do with an ACL injury that happened 3 months ago. You guys act like his trainer is gonna have him doing squats in a cast.

And then he comes back liking exactly like he left and he's a diva for not working hard. Enogh with the diva ****. It's why nobody wants to come here.

We watch a team that hasn't won in two decades and players should listen to our advice? First of all, this correlation of gaining muscle mass with injury is a farce, always has been. KP didn't get hurt under the weight of his own muscle mass and neither does anyone else. In fact he got hurt because his lack of muscle gives him this false sense that he can fly. Always jumping everywhere like an idiot. Muscle will give him the ability to impose his will on the ground, where 7fters belong.
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 25,967
And1: 14,132
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#84 » by dakomish23 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:02 am

BeagleBoss wrote:Find a nice Spaniard woman and chill until 2019. :)


Image
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 25,967
And1: 14,132
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#85 » by dakomish23 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:09 am

JXL wrote:Just remember: It doesn't change the fact that this is saying "Laurel"

Read on Twitter


You're hearing "Yanny" if you're listening to the whispering.


100% Yanny
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
Buttah304
Senior
Posts: 633
And1: 438
Joined: Feb 09, 2011

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#86 » by Buttah304 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:56 am

dakomish23 wrote:
JXL wrote:Just remember: It doesn't change the fact that this is saying "Laurel"

Read on Twitter


You're hearing "Yanny" if you're listening to the whispering.


100% Yanny


I only hear Yanny. Nothing remotely sounding like Laurel to me.
User avatar
ChaosHamster
Analyst
Posts: 3,557
And1: 2,444
Joined: Oct 07, 2015
   

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#87 » by ChaosHamster » Thu May 17, 2018 6:49 am

I mean, KP really liked Longstaff, wanted to take him with him even the last summer after he skipped the meeting..

But they got rid of him. :D

KP doesn't trust the org.
User avatar
Garbagelo
Senior
Posts: 621
And1: 479
Joined: Jul 17, 2015

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#88 » by Garbagelo » Thu May 17, 2018 8:12 am

It's probably time to trade KP

Phil was right
User avatar
Besart19
General Manager
Posts: 8,889
And1: 1,805
Joined: Feb 12, 2012
Location: Dibra, Albania
   

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#89 » by Besart19 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:32 am

King of Canada wrote:If only..........god I wish we had the means to trade up


Only with Memphis, by taking Parsons

Hardaway, Noah, Chi 2nd and our pick for Parsons, Chalmers and their pick


Maybe, even Dallas... We give THJ and take back Matthews and swap picks
Image
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,228
And1: 5,993
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#90 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu May 17, 2018 9:53 am

Uhh he's European so why is it unorthodox for him to rehab in Europe? Also, between Latvia and Spain I'd much rather he rehab in Spain. No offense to Latvia. But keep poisoning the well NY Post.
A new era or error?
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,228
And1: 5,993
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#91 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu May 17, 2018 10:04 am

King of Canada wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Its known the Knicks rush back guys and have a trash medical staff. Lately it hasn’t been bad tho.


It is KNOWN? Name all of the players they rushed back. Give examples of why their staff is bad. Not saying you're wrong...just asking for examples. People have been pushing this narrative for years.


I'd be willing to say that not a single top level player in the NBA relies on team medical staff for this type of stuff. They might consult with them, but really they're paying out of pocket for the absolute best they can get. It's not the teams fault and is a huge positive to salaries being as high as they are.


It is understandable and probably best practice if you think about it rationally. Teams aren't exactly a neutral party.
A new era or error?
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,228
And1: 5,993
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#92 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu May 17, 2018 10:30 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Yep. And I wonder how they’ll feel about his Quacky Connecticut trainer. I say let him play 20 games next year, then trade him in the off-season. I smell a diva. Queen KP


He's just immature and the Knicks are the worst possible organization to mature him because there's no accountability ever.


How should we “mature” him?


In single fill ex-bourbon casks of course.
A new era or error?
ag3
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,810
And1: 1,358
Joined: Mar 27, 2012
       

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#93 » by ag3 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:21 pm

Crazy. I only hear Laurel. Nothing close to Yanny.
Nazrmohamed
Analyst
Posts: 3,174
And1: 1,339
Joined: May 16, 2013
     

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#94 » by Nazrmohamed » Thu May 17, 2018 12:26 pm

Garbagelo wrote:It's probably time to trade KP

Phil was right


Because he is busy training. Thats why we should trade him, be sure he's aggressively training. Listen to yourself.
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,228
And1: 5,993
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#95 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu May 17, 2018 12:28 pm

ag3 wrote:Crazy. I only hear Laurel. Nothing close to Yanny.


I only hear Yanny lol
A new era or error?
nedleeds
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,379
And1: 948
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
 

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#96 » by nedleeds » Thu May 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Secret = posting on social media.

Shocking = He lived in Madrid for 2+ years

Controversial = Real Madrids facilities are worlds better than anywhere in Latveria.
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,228
And1: 5,993
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#97 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu May 17, 2018 12:36 pm

So wait, people want to trade him after reading this article? Why? Because he's rehabbing?
A new era or error?
Billy Goat
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,522
And1: 583
Joined: Mar 08, 2017
 

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#98 » by Billy Goat » Thu May 17, 2018 12:41 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:So wait, people want to trade him after reading this article? Why? Because he's rehabbing?


The supposed future face of the franchise/potential leader of the team has no interest in associating himself with the organization during the offseason. Difficult to build around that. He's not an established player and teammates wont gravitate towards someone that doesnt associate with the team.

For a rebuilding effort it'd be nice to have all hands on deck to build the "culture" or whatever we want to call it. He pulled the same crap last offseason with skipping the meeting.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 17,257
And1: 4,211
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#99 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:53 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:So wait, people want to trade him after reading this article? Why? Because he's rehabbing?


The supposed future face of the franchise/potential leader of the team has no interest in associating himself with the organization during the offseason. Difficult to build around that. He's not an established player and teammates wont gravitate towards someone that doesnt associate with the team.

For a rebuilding effort it'd be nice to have all hands on deck to build the "culture" or whatever we want to call it. He pulled the same crap last offseason with skipping the meeting.

:crazy:
Timberwolves: 6
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: T. Young/Gay/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter Jr/Gay/Afflalo/Anunoby
SG: Barton/Tyler Johnson /Afflalo
PG: Schroder/Barton/Barrea/Exum
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 52,810
And1: 17,887
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Porzingis rehab taking place in Spain 

Post#100 » by GONYK » Thu May 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:So wait, people want to trade him after reading this article? Why? Because he's rehabbing?


The supposed future face of the franchise/potential leader of the team has no interest in associating himself with the organization during the offseason. Difficult to build around that. He's not an established player and teammates wont gravitate towards someone that doesnt associate with the team.

For a rebuilding effort it'd be nice to have all hands on deck to build the "culture" or whatever we want to call it. He pulled the same crap last offseason with skipping the meeting.


Yet, the team had no problem gravitating towards him last season either.

Return to New York Knicks