ImageImageImageImageImage

hypothetical trade - Towns for KP?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: hypothetical trade - Towns for KP? 

Post#121 » by br7knicks » Tue May 22, 2018 1:21 am

PeoplesChamp wrote:It doesn't raise any red flags for anyone that they're looking to dump KAT already?

that's what i mean by attitude. don't like that, especially since he was drafted as a franchise cornerstone. i don't want either.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#122 » by Greenie » Tue May 22, 2018 1:26 am

br7knicks wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:It doesn't raise any red flags for anyone that they're looking to dump KAT already?

that's what i mean by attitude. don't like that, especially since he was drafted as a franchise cornerstone. i don't want either.

I don’t judge players attitudes like you.
These teams ain’t ****. They want loyalty but give none. This is a damn business. These players are right to look out for themselves. These teams damn sure won’t.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#123 » by Billy Goat » Tue May 22, 2018 1:28 am

br7knicks wrote:
GnarlesOakley wrote:Not sure why Minnesota would do this, KAT is a much better player.

i don't think much better. their style of play is pretty similar, in that they're both solely focused on offense, can take it out to the perimeter, but can also attack the basket - although KP has better handles.

my concern is that they both have me-first attitudes. i'd prefer neither player. KAT doesn't have that alpha, killer mentality, but neither does KP.

i worry about KP and his injury. minny wouldn't do that trade on the injury alone

Towns hasnt missed a game in 3 years and is an efficiency/rebounding machine. Porzingis is not.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,281

Post#124 » by RHODEY » Tue May 22, 2018 5:15 am

br7knicks wrote:
GnarlesOakley wrote:Not sure why Minnesota would do this, KAT is a much better player.

i don't think much better. their style of play is pretty similar, in that they're both solely focused on offense, can take it out to the perimeter, but can also attack the basket - although KP has better handles.

my concern is that they both have me-first attitudes. i'd prefer neither player. KAT doesn't have that alpha, killer mentality, but neither does KP.

i worry about KP and his injury. minny wouldn't do that trade on the injury alone

hmmm so one guy who is "solely focused on offense" shuts down the paint and led the league in block shots the other guy has terrible defensive instincts and footwork..I don't see the similarity.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#125 » by Oscirus » Tue May 22, 2018 8:51 am

Yes, KP at his best is probably better then Kat. However, dude is rarely at his best, he has low stamina, cant stay on the court and is quite the diva. But yes lets act like a kat for porzingis deal is laughable.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#126 » by gavran » Tue May 22, 2018 11:50 am

RHODEY wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

hmmm so one guy who is "solely focused on offense" shuts down the paint and led the league in block shots the other guy has terrible defensive instincts and footwork..I don't see the similarity.

If Porzingis is an elite rim defender while giving no nookies, I don't even want to know what he is capable of, when caring.
br7knicks

Post#127 » by br7knicks » Tue May 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Greenie wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

These teams ain’t ****. They want loyalty but give none. This is a damn business. These players are right to look out for themselves. These teams damn sure won’t.

And you're probably right, more right than me. But there are players who come in with a chip on their shoulder attitude, winning comes first, etc.

I want to see guys come in and set that sort of tone.
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#128 » by br7knicks » Tue May 22, 2018 12:16 pm

RHODEY wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

I'd lead the league in blocks too if I sacrificed guarding my man to get an easy, meaningless block that wasn't necessary in the first place.

Yes. Both of them have their priority in offense, and couldn't care less about actual defense the majority of the time.
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#129 » by br7knicks » Tue May 22, 2018 12:17 pm

gavran wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

If Porzingis is an elite rim defender while giving no nookies, I don't even want to know what he is capable of, when caring.

I'd rather he start caring about playing good, smart defense, so he stops giving up easy jumpers and buckets to his man because he's busy looking for an easy block.

He doesn't care about defense, he cares about stats
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#130 » by br7knicks » Tue May 22, 2018 12:20 pm

RHODEY wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

We can go back and forth all day. Porzingis hasn't done a single thing to change my mind, after watching each game this past season. Until he does, I'll stand by what he shows me on the TV
RIP, magnumt '19

ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#131 » by ChaosHamster » Tue May 22, 2018 12:35 pm

Its really getting ridiculous..

I mean, you can argue KP isn't a good defender, that hes average.. But dude here who doesn't even understand defensive rotations (and obviously doesn't care about stats) is flooding the thread with bs about KP being a hair better than KAT, because he watched every game and thinks he knows what hes talking about..
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#132 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 22, 2018 1:20 pm

I'm losing track of who sucks and is good on defense between the two. Somebody give me a recap on the various schools of bs. I can't even tell which posts are about which player. Please. Try to stick to pre-existing narratives on players. Thanks.
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#133 » by digitaldropoff » Tue May 22, 2018 1:46 pm

Sark wrote:KP for Towns is honestly a push. It's not worth making a trade for Towns if you have to trade KP. If you could get Towns without giving up KP, it's worth considering a trade.

It's always worth considering if you can get an AS without any actual assets :lol:

KP can't be traded until he gets back on the court, otherwise the Knicks would get no where close in return value for him. He has injury history, he's built like a weaker version of Lerch, and he's coming off a major injury. No team is giving up major assets, KAT, the Suns pick.....until he gets back on the court.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#134 » by ChaosHamster » Tue May 22, 2018 2:20 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I'm losing track of who sucks and is good on defense between the two. Somebody give me a recap on the various schools of bs. I can't even tell which posts are about which player. Please. Try to stick to pre-existing narratives on players. Thanks.

Its all about how you feel and what you see. Nothing else matters.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#135 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 22, 2018 2:21 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I'm losing track of who sucks and is good on defense between the two. Somebody give me a recap on the various schools of bs. I can't even tell which posts are about which player. Please. Try to stick to pre-existing narratives on players. Thanks.

Lol. I'm kidding around. Though I do worry KP will be injury prone. Other than that, I don't care what KP and Janis do.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#136 » by Meat » Tue May 22, 2018 2:38 pm

you wanna try being black playing a winter sport in Minnesota?
Greenie
RealGM

Post#137 » by Greenie » Tue May 22, 2018 2:49 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Greenie wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

And you're probably right, more right than me. But there are players who come in with a chip on their shoulder attitude, winning comes first, etc.

Winning needs to come first for the organization before you can ever expect a player to have it here.

This is the reason that whoever we bring in from executives, coaches and players fail.

The Knicks are about money. Not winning.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#138 » by Greenie » Tue May 22, 2018 2:50 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:

Dumb ass stats damn sure don’t.
br7knicks

Post#139 » by br7knicks » Tue May 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Meat wrote:

you wanna try being black playing a winter sport in Minnesota?

Don't think race matters. Some of us just hate the **** winter. I grew up in the Catskill mountains, I know cold and snow. I didn't ski or snowboard, despite having a mountain 2-3 miles from my house, because I hate cold. I chose basketball. It's indoors.
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#140 » by br7knicks » Tue May 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Greenie wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Greenie wrote:I don’t judge players attitudes like you.

Winning needs to come first for the organization before you can ever expect a player to have it here.

This is the reason that whoever we bring in from executives, coaches and players fail.

The Knicks are about money. Not winning.

You're right, that's why ticket prices still go up, despite a **** team. But bringing in the right core of players can change a lot. I don't trust this organization tho. I just don't get why they're OK with the rangers doing it, but not the knicks
RIP, magnumt '19

Return to New York Knicks