ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Anybody here ever date a woman with genital herpies?

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,649

OT: Anybody here ever date a woman with genital herpies? 

Post#1 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun May 20, 2018 12:45 am

I just found out that this woman who I recently met - and like very much - has genital herpes. I did some research on it. Seems that it can be worked around, but there will always be a slight risk. But I also understand that about 20-25 of the adult population has it.

I'm on the fence right now while I try to educate myself on the topic. Any constructive opinions would be helpful.

NOTE: I'd also ask that those of you who choose to respond please be respectful as there very may are probably people here we like that are dealing with this situation presently in their own life.
Free Palestine
magee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,400

Re: OT: Anybody here ever date a woman with genital herpies? 

Post#2 » by magee » Sun May 20, 2018 12:59 am

My ex-girlfriend has HSV2. We used protection our entire 3.5 years of our relationship. Became an issue when wanting to start a family came up. She made several quips throughout the relationship how we'd never have kids which I took to heart. It eventually ate away at me and our relationship deterioted. We had a few good heart-to-heart chats after we broke up which sucks because we were on the same page the whole time. She said she would make those statements because it was such a self-confidence hit for her.

If you decide to enter into something with her, just make sure you know what you're getting into. Most studies have men contracting any sort of HSV1 or HSV2 at 3-5% from women, and that's mostly only because there were open lesions on the guy. It can be worked around very delicately. There are anti-virals out there that help outbreaks from breaking out of a yearly cycle.

If you two really like each other, understand that it is a possibility you can contract it. I did not contract it from my ex-girlfriend and we had protected sex a few times a week for almost the entire relationship outside of a couple breaks here and there. It wore on me but that was my own fault going about it. While low, if you contract it and you two break up, you will have to be really careful because women can contract it at around an 11% rate from men, which is a huge gap compared to what you're going through right now. If you really like her, you have to go into any sort of relations with her where it will not be a factor if you two split apart. It will always be there, just make sure you're there for her if she ever shies away from you because she may feel uncomfortable if she's going through an outbreak while with you. Just be supportive.

Hope all that helps.
LBnySuaveJav23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,217

Post#3 » by LBnySuaveJav23 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:11 am

Vintage NYK forum topic :D
"Yeah, you are. You right, bro" - Joe Dumars telling every PG on the roster they are starting.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#4 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun May 20, 2018 2:33 am

LBnySuaveJav23 wrote:Vintage NYK forum topic :D

That's how we roll here. :D The only shock is that it didn't get posted by NYK_Fatboy. :lol:
Free Palestine
RealGM
And1: 39,217

Post#5 » by 2010 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:34 am

There is a cure. Do your research. You'll likely have to leave the country to get it taken care of though. And of course, it'll cost you. But if you love her and that's the only thing standing between y'all. Money well spent. And peace of mind and health.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,553

Post#6 » by The KnicksFix » Sun May 20, 2018 2:41 am

i think it means that 20 - 25 percent of the adult population has some strain of herpes. remember that herpes can manifest as a simple cold sore HSV-1, and when transferred to the genitals with an open lesion manifests as HSV-2... i dated a girl who had the cervical strain of HPV (not the one that causes genital warts)... now most of the sexually active population has HPV and you've probably had it too, unless you and your partner only had each other. However, the cervical strain of HPV dies in a person (especially male) if they are not sexually active. HSV (regardless of 1 or 2) doesn't ever die, it just remains dormant in your cell ganglia.

whatever you decide, stick with it. I broke up with my ex because of it, I just couldn't look passed it. I am happier for it, Hope this helps bud
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#7 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sun May 20, 2018 2:53 am

This feels like a thread that shouldve been made in August during the dog days of the off-season.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,970

Post#8 » by ITGM » Sun May 20, 2018 3:06 am

I sure as hell hope not!

Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,069

Post#9 » by Jeffrey » Sun May 20, 2018 3:09 am

LOL a few these will pop up.

Becareful man.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#10 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun May 20, 2018 3:38 am

The Uknickorn wrote:i think it means that 20 - 25 percent of the adult population has some strain of herpes. remember that herpes can manifest as a simple cold sore HSV-1, and when transferred to the genitals with an open lesion manifests as HSV-2... i dated a girl who had the cervical strain of HPV (not the one that causes genital warts)... now most of the sexually active population has HPV and you've probably had it too, unless you and your partner only had each other. However, the cervical strain of HPV dies in a person (especially male) if they are not sexually active. HSV (regardless of 1 or 2) doesn't ever die, it just remains dormant in your cell ganglia.

whatever you decide, stick with it. I broke up with my ex because of it, I just couldn't look passed it. I am happier for it, Hope this helps bud

Yeah, thanks man. I'm on the fence and she knows it and it's already stilting our conversations. It's like this pink elephant in the room. This really sucks. :noway:
Free Palestine
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#11 » by Sark » Sun May 20, 2018 4:03 am

How hot is she?
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#12 » by Fat » Sun May 20, 2018 4:05 am

Nope and If I did date her and found out she had it i would dump her on the spot and start a family with her sister or cousin. Y’all might look at that as wrong but that’s me showing her we can still be family we just won’t be intimate anymore
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#13 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:19 am

The truth is if you’ve slept with more than ten women in your life, you’ve likely been exposed to it. If she is not shedding it’s actually barely transmissible. Next to impossible actually. But I can’t say that should put you at ease....it’s tough.
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#14 » by TheBigBoss » Sun May 20, 2018 5:01 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
LBnySuaveJav23 wrote:Vintage NYK forum topic :D

That's how we roll here. :D The only shock is that it didn't get posted by NYK_Fatboy. :lol:

You can catch herpes from used blowup dolls?
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#15 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Sun May 20, 2018 5:40 am

Just Google Image it and decide. You'll see what you're getting into.
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#16 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 am

DievsZingis wrote:Just Google Image it and decide. You'll see what you're getting into.

Ugh. Thanks ... I guess.
Free Palestine
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#17 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Sun May 20, 2018 6:03 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
DievsZingis wrote:Just Google Image it and decide. You'll see what you're getting into.

Ugh. Thanks ... I guess.

:wink: Always here for you, pops.
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#18 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun May 20, 2018 6:24 am

DievsZingis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Ugh. Thanks ... I guess.

:wink: Always here for you, pops.

I take it that you wouldn't go out with a woman who had it?
Free Palestine
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#19 » by br7knicks » Sun May 20, 2018 12:38 pm

i never have, but i dated a girl who, almost a year into us being together, informed me that she's never been checked or seen a doctor since she was 18 (she was 24 at the time). that worried me, as she went to college as well.

i believe there are a lot of couples who work around these things together. you just have to be really careful when there's an outbreak.

i'm not a doctor, so i'd check in on things.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Fortune55
Junior
And1: 176

Post#20 » by Fortune55 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Sark wrote:How hot is she?

This is the only thing on my mind cause you wilden bro. I get it it feels good to be the savior for women, but do yourself a favor and keep it moving. Unless u are striking out on every woman you come across I think you can move forward and get over this one. If you not planning to pay to cure it, I’d be out. But do whatever you feel is best for u and good luck.

Remember man I don’t care if you married to Megan good or fox. All p*ssy gets old to u. And chics always are on their best behavior before u put that ring on. Once they got that leverage everything you knew will switch up.
In the words of J.R. Smith "Get Chicks or Die Trying"
NEW YORK KNICKS

S.O.S my Knicks

Return to New York Knicks