ImageImageImageImageImage

O.T.- Is it aggressive to take a women friend as a guest to a wedding?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Re: O.T.- Is it aggressive to take a women friend as a guest to a wedding? 

Post#81 » by Clyde_Style » Mon May 28, 2018 10:17 pm

mugzi wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
mugzi wrote:
What about my post history makes you think I'd remain friends with an ex? :lol:

Any ex is an ex for a reason. I excommunicated all my exes. I'll admit I have bad taste in women especially relationships. I've never had a problem getting laid my issue is being Captain save aHo. My last had horrible addictions but I liked having sex 3x a day so I stuck around 4 years longer then I should have.

The only reason imo to talk to an ex is if you share a child otherwise, nah.

Different strokes man

I dated a nympho once, but after three weeks I was like "get me outta here!"

I hear ya but I'm a nympho myself. She did things I'll never find again. :lol:

ha ha Yeah I get it, got to be yourself. No judgment from me.

Some of the sexed up dudes on this board post like they assume everyone thinks like them (not you even if you are a dog :lol: ) and this thread was interesting in showing it just ain't so

I never cheated on a partner my whole life. Doesn't make me conservative, but I guess I'm not wired for actively playing the field. I prefer monogamy, not that that's what you were talking about that.

I did what most guys in their 20's do and had my share of hook ups, but I don't miss casual sex one bit. I'd rather be celibate than float around. That might kill you though :lol:
ImageImageImage
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#82 » by mugzi » Mon May 28, 2018 10:49 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
mugzi wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Different strokes man

I dated a nympho once, but after three weeks I was like "get me outta here!"

Some of the sexed up dudes on this board post like they assume everyone thinks like them (not you even if you are a dog :lol: ) and this thread was interesting in showing it just ain't so

I never cheated on a partner my whole life. Doesn't make me conservative, but I guess I'm not wired for actively playing the field. I prefer monogamy, not that that's what you were talking about that.

I did what most guys in their 20's do and had my share of hook ups, but I don't miss casual sex one bit. I'd rather be celibate than float around. That might kill you though :lol:

I'm aging myself but I just turned 40. Still look and feel like I'm in my late 20s but I wouldn't date a girl like that now if I just met her. She caught me at the end of my whoring days, but man this girl was another breed. Full disclosure I met her at her job- in the strip club. Lol
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#83 » by Clyde_Style » Mon May 28, 2018 10:52 pm

mugzi wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
mugzi wrote:

I'm aging myself but I just turned 40. Still look and feel like I'm in my late 20s but I wouldn't date a girl like that now if I just met her. She caught me at the end of my whoring days, but man this girl was another breed. Full disclosure I met her at her job- in the strip club. Lol

In other words, she was not an Ivy League girl paying off her school loans. She needed that D and I ain't talking about a guy who plays defense :wink:
ImageImageImage
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,725

Post#84 » by spree8 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:08 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
2010 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
:roll: No, maybe that applies to the majority of straight men, but that is not a universal truth at all

And haven't you ever remained friends with an ex?

I certainly have

In my book that doesn't count. Cuz at some point there was some smashing going on.

But generally speaking, I do not believe a hetero male / hetero female can be TRUE FRIENDS. Cuz 9x out of 10, somebody is attracted. Most of the time it's the male and the female is just not giving him the green light.

A true friendship is even if the female gave you the green light or came on to you, you wouldn't event see her like that and be like "yooo, you bugging", and cut it out immediately.

I've had too many dudes I know claim a chick is just a friend then next thing I know he smashing.

I have female friends. That myth is just not true. Of course there's more situations where attraction is there. Like...would I smash? I'll smash but...why does that mean anything? I have plenty of female friends that I haven't smashed. Flirty ones at that.

Taking a female friend to a wedding and, getting a single room without telling her....that's shady. It could piss her off.

If OP wants to date this girl...just man up. This whole scene is sneaky IMO. Setting the table before the food is even prepared? Come on bruh. Tell the girl you like her before you tell her there is only one bed. Otherwise...you could be sleeping on the floor.

Doesn’t that mean everything tho?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,553

Post#85 » by Capn'O » Mon May 28, 2018 11:15 pm

mugzi wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
mugzi wrote:
Women and heterosexual men cannot be friends.

:roll: No, maybe that applies to the majority of straight men, but that is not a universal truth at all

And haven't you ever remained friends with an ex?

I certainly have

What about my post history makes you think I'd remain friends with an ex? :lol:

Any ex is an ex for a reason. I excommunicated all my exes. I'll admit I have bad taste in women especially relationships. I've never had a problem getting laid my issue is being Captain save aHo. My last had horrible addictions but I liked having sex 3x a day so I stuck around 4 years longer then I should have.

The only reason imo to talk to an ex is if you share a child otherwise, nah.

I have some exes like that. They are not my friends. Something about leopards and spots.

The ones that are are the ones where we liked each other just fine but not in a "we should spend the rest of our lives together" sort of way. The spark ran out but mutual appreciation didn't.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#86 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 28, 2018 11:55 pm

spree8 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
2010 wrote:
In my book that doesn't count. Cuz at some point there was some smashing going on.

But generally speaking, I do not believe a hetero male / hetero female can be TRUE FRIENDS. Cuz 9x out of 10, somebody is attracted. Most of the time it's the male and the female is just not giving him the green light.

A true friendship is even if the female gave you the green light or came on to you, you wouldn't event see her like that and be like "yooo, you bugging", and cut it out immediately.

I've had too many dudes I know claim a chick is just a friend then next thing I know he smashing.

I have female friends. That myth is just not true. Of course there's more situations where attraction is there. Like...would I smash? I'll smash but...why does that mean anything? I have plenty of female friends that I haven't smashed. Flirty ones at that.

Taking a female friend to a wedding and, getting a single room without telling her....that's shady. It could piss her off.

If OP wants to date this girl...just man up. This whole scene is sneaky IMO. Setting the table before the food is even prepared? Come on bruh. Tell the girl you like her before you tell her there is only one bed. Otherwise...you could be sleeping on the floor.

I don't see why.
:beer: RIP mags
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#87 » by 2010 » Tue May 29, 2018 2:19 am

spree8 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
2010 wrote:

Exactly. I just wasn't tryna get into the whole back & forth. But he proved my very point. If you would smash her, she ain't your friend.

Cats who be on this male friend who they would smash schit be all gravy until they girl get a male friend who wanna smash her.

:lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#88 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 29, 2018 2:28 am

2010 wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Exactly. I just wasn't tryna get into the whole back & forth. But he proved my very point. If you would smash her, she ain't your friend.

Cats who be on this male friend who they would smash schit be all gravy until they girl get a male friend who wanna smash her.

Nah. You didn't make any point. Maybe YOU can't be friends with a woman your attracted to. That says more about you than anything else. It's simply not true.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#89 » by 2010 » Tue May 29, 2018 2:31 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
2010 wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Nah. You didn't make any point. Maybe YOU can't be friends with a woman your attracted to. That says more about you than anything else. It's simply not true.

I don't have any female friends I low-key wanna smash. I feel like that ain't being a friend. So I can easily say that speaks something on you and your intentions.

But let me ask you this. Would you be ok with your girl, fiance, wife, etc. having a male "friend" who you know would smash her if she let him?

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
spree8
RealGM

Post#90 » by spree8 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:03 am

2010 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
2010 wrote:

I don't have any female friends I low-key wanna smash. I feel like that ain't being a friend. So I can easily say that speaks something on your and your intentions.

But let me ask you this. Would you be ok with your girl, fiance, wife, etc. having a male "friend" who you know would smash her if she let him?

Agree 100% with all this. Girls could wanna get with their guy friends too.

I’ve been in situations where thought I was just friends with a girl before, only to find out they wanted to smash.. after you do, they usually catch feelings even if they say they won’t.

Even had girlfriends’ friends I’ve been friends with try n go behind their back n get with me. I’m sure others here have been thru the same... you really can’t be friends with girls the way you are with your boys. Eventually, some shyts gunna happen.

I remember I used to work with this cute married girl alone in an office, literally nobody else in the building. Girl was mad cool and we became good friends over the course of a year. Her husband def wasn’t happy about that tho, and over a period of time, it became blatantly obvious that if I was a grimey enough prick, I could’ve smashed easily.

Just remember thinkin, like damn, girls n guys can’t truly be just friends under almost any circumstance without sex getting in the way...
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#91 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue May 29, 2018 3:16 am

spree8 wrote:
2010 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

I don't have any female friends I low-key wanna smash. I feel like that ain't being a friend. So I can easily say that speaks something on your and your intentions.

I’ve been in situations where thought I was just friends with a girl before, only to find out they wanted to smash.. after you do, they usually catch feelings even if they say they won’t.

Even had girlfriends’ friends I’ve been friends with try n go behind their back n get with me. I’m sure others here have been thru the same... you really can’t be friends with girls the way you are with your boys. Eventually, some shyts gunna happen.

I remember I used to work with this cute married girl alone in an office, literally nobody else in the building. Girl was mad cool and we became good friends over the course of a year. Her husband def wasn’t happy about that tho, and over a period of time, it was blatantly obvious that if I was a grimey enough prick, I could’ve smashed easily.

Just remember thinkin, like damn, girls n guys can’t truly be just friends under almost any circumstance without sex getting in the way...

I can find someone attractive and not act on it. If you can't, that's on you.

As to your lame scenario...any male friend my old lady has would also be my friend. If not...something is up. If they hook up...that's not being friends is it.

Point is. I have had many female friends over the years that I didn't have sex with. That I have shared a place with. That I'm still friends with. It's not impossible and I'm sure it's quite common.
spree8
RealGM

Post#92 » by spree8 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:43 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
spree8 wrote:
2010 wrote:

I remember I used to work with this cute married girl alone in an office, literally nobody else in the building. Girl was mad cool and we became good friends over the course of a year. Her husband def wasn’t happy about that tho, and over a period of time, it was blatantly obvious that if I was a grimey enough prick, I could’ve smashed easily.

As to your lame scenario...any male friend my old lady has would also be my friend. If not...something is up. If they hook up...that's not being friends is it.

Point is. I have had many female friends over the years that I didn't have sex with. That I have shared a place with. That I'm still friends with. It's not impossible and I'm sure it's quite common.

Uh what lame scenario?

And I never said I couldn’t stop myself if I found a girl attractive... I literally gave you an example of where I did lol.

If your girl has a guy friend that you know and they hook up, they still started out as friends, which led to more. Doesn’t negate the fact that they were “friends” before that.

Let me ask you this, if you asked one of your girl/wife’s guy friends if they would smash her if she wanted to, and they said yes, you’d be cool with that? Cuz you said that’s how you’ve felt about your female friends right? Which you think is totally normal.

My guess is that you’re not very attractive to girls tho. Usually that’s the only way something doesn’t become an issue... but like you’ve admitted, you still found them attractive, and would’ve slept with them had they felt the same way about you.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#93 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 3:51 am

spree8 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Uh what lame scenario?

And I never said I couldn’t stop myself if I found a girl attractive... I literally gave you an example of where I did lol.

If your girl has a guy friend that you know and they hook up, they still started out as friends, which led to more. Doesn’t negate the fact that they were “friends” before that.

Let me ask you this, if you asked one of your girl/wife’s guy friends if they would smash her if she wanted to, and they said yes, you’d be cool with that? Cuz you said that’s how you’ve felt about your female friends right? Which you think is totally normal.

My guess is that you’re not very attractive to girls tho. Usually that’s the only way something doesn’t become an issue... but like you’ve admitted, you still found them attractive, and would’ve slept with them had they felt the same way about you.

Calling a poster ugly because he doesn't agree with your viewpoint on women is shady and lame. Grow up
ImageImageImage
spree8
RealGM

Post#94 » by spree8 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:57 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Uh what lame scenario?

Calling a poster ugly because he doesn't agree with your viewpoint on women is shady and lame. Grow up

lol shady? I didn’t call him ugly, I said my guess as to why he hasn’t had many failed experiences with being just friends with girls, if he has found them attractive and admitted to wanting to sleep with them, is because they haven’t found him attractive. Want a tissue?
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#95 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 3:58 am

spree8 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Uh what lame scenario?

lol shady? I didn’t call him ugly, I said my guess as to why he hasn’t had many failed experiences with being just friends with girls, if he has found them attractive and admitted to wanting to sleep with them, is because they haven’t found him attractive. Want a tissue?

you're a really stupid kid
ImageImageImage
spree8
RealGM

Post#96 » by spree8 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:00 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

:lol: enlighten me as to how grandpa.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#97 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 4:04 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Nah, I'm putting you on ignore now. Almost everything you post is snotty to the Nth degree and you bring the board down. Don't need to see what you have to say about anything
ImageImageImage
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 785

Post#98 » by NY2k1 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:09 am

mpharris36 wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:I’m taking my friend to a family members wedding as a guest.The weddings two and a half hours away so we’re gonna be staying at a hotel after the wedding in the same bed as well.

People are telling me it’s an aggressive move and implies more then friendship..do you think it does?

We’re friends but I’m not gonna act like the thought of being with her hasn’t crossed my mind I’m just not 100% sure.

Do you think it’s sending strong signals doing this and beyond a platonic friendship?

well that pretty much sums up it is not a platonic friendship :lol:

when will people realize that single woman and men can't be friends

Single women and men can be friends. It's just in this case, the OP clearly sees her as more than that.
spree8
RealGM

Post#99 » by spree8 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:09 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Nah, I'm putting you on ignore now. Almost everything you post is snotty to the Nth degree and you bring the board down. Don't need to see what you have to say about anything

:lol: I didn’t think I posted here enough for you to have such an informed opinion on me lol. I certainly don’t know much about you besides you’re old, annoying, and you think you run this place.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#100 » by NY2TheBay » Tue May 29, 2018 4:12 am

2010 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
2010 wrote:

I don't have any female friends I low-key wanna smash. I feel like that ain't being a friend. So I can easily say that speaks something on you and your intentions.

Mannn. These dudes, I cant stand. They friend the girl, give them stuff, try to get them weak and sneak their way in. Sneaky mofos, I never knocked them but they were never with my crew.

Return to New York Knicks