ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Breaking News, ABC Cancels Roseanne!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,335

Re: OT: Breaking News, ABC Cancels Roseanne! 

Post#101 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 11:01 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if close to a half or a third of caucasian RealGM members support Trump. We can pretty much count on almost every one of our African-American, Caribbean, Latino and Asian members to be anti-Trump, but there always seems to be another fresh reveal from one of our posters or lurkers who suddenly decides to show their hand with either outright support for Trump-centric POV's or by offering insincere deflections of the core issues.

Yes, I was speculating, not stating. I'm meticulous enough about my choice of words to only suggest those numbers as a possibility, not a fact.

But the impression is based on the fact there always seem to be a fresh reveal that there are yet more previously undeclared posters you didn't know may be either pro-Trump or are apologists for behavior aligned with Trump. It's a steady drip, drip. Each week it seems a new person tips their hand and it adds up after a while.

Now I have to ask whether you using O'Reilly as your GIF is your tip of the hand that you're a Trump supporter too.
ImageImageImage
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,564

Post#102 » by cgmw » Tue May 29, 2018 11:11 pm

Fury wrote:
Polk377 wrote:ABC is a joke. You pull one of your most popular shows because they don't follow your social bias? God forbid someone has a different view than the brainwashed masses. Silence them immediately!!!! I don't even watch the show but this is wrong.

So ABC should sell racists to the public? Hey man, if the NFL can blackball dudes for not standing up for nothing that has to do with the game, maybe this isn’t that crazy, considering she was a face on their network

Exactly where I was going. If you want to bitch about free speech, then how do you feel about Colin Kaeapernick? (Assuming you support his firing because this is all a proxy for middle-school levels B vs. W race war nonsense).

There was a good article in this week's Atlantic about Stephen Miller and today's brand of young conservative troll:

In the decade since Miller graduated from Duke, the kind of trolling he mastered there has come to dominate campus conservatism in America. Today’s archetypal college Republican is not a mini Mitt Romney with a copy of National Review tucked under his arm, but a red-capped rabble-rouser pranking the pious liberal students who fret that cafeteria sushi is a form of cultural appropriation or demand free tampons in both men’s and women’s bathrooms in the name of “menstrual equity.”

As a white guy, I have no shame in saying that white supremacist ideology (and all its proxies, including trolls like Polk377) should have no place in my country's government, education system, corporations, or media. We have a duty to protect peaceful open dialogue & protest when possible under the first amendment, and it's precisely that duty which continues to push the discourse consistently left since our nation's founding (by white slave-owning men). Lest we forget: #blackpresident

It's great to see Disney take swift action on this nonsense, which is clearly a blow to the cultural clown show movement of legitimizing Trump. F that guy, F Roseanne, science is real, vaccines are good, and my hope is somebody more patient and articulate than I can bring Polk377 around to see the light.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,388

Post#103 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 29, 2018 11:35 pm

Damn, and I was just about to pitch my "Proctologists Of The Elders Of Zion" sitcom to ABC too. Such bad luck I have.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#104 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 11:39 pm

Interesting how we're brainwashed, but when asked if you think it is ok to call black people monkeys we got no answer.

This is typical conduct for latent racism which is thriving under Trump whereby somebody tries to shame you for responding to racism, but they have no rationale for why the racist behavior itself is acceptable.

This constant attempt to shame people for being SJW is part of the playbook for normalizing institutionalized racism.

MEMO: And it is NOT working

People are fighting back, speaking up and saying NO how about we shame you back for trying to silence us for speaking up about overt bigotry?

Free speech is a bitch man, because it cuts both ways and when snowflakes try to shame you into silence, just throw it back in their faces because they don't have a Plan B. They just go silent, because they've got nothing to say unless they actually want to admit they think black people are monkeys. Which they won't do.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#105 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 11:42 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Damn, and I was just about to pitch my "Proctologists Of The Elders Of Zion" sitcom to ABC too. Such bad luck I have.

Fawk! Sorry man, that sounds really awesome.

Is it too late for me to pitch my series about right wing losers who can't get laid promoting raves to lure unsuspecting hot, libtard women into their lair?

That show would be called Incelebration
ImageImageImage
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,009

Post#106 » by Fury » Tue May 29, 2018 11:42 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Interesting how we're brainwashed, but when asked if you think it is ok to call black people monkeys we got no answer.

This is typical conduct for latent racism which is thriving under Trump whereby somebody tries to shame you for responding to racism, but they have no rationale for why the racist behavior itself is acceptable.

This constant attempt to shame people for being SJW is part of the playbook for normalizing institutionalized racism.

People are fighting back, speaking up and saying NO how about we shame you back for trying to silence us for speaking up about overt bigotry?

Free speech is a bitch man, because it cuts both ways and when snowflakes try to shame you into silence, just throw it back in their faces because they don't have a Plan B. They just go silent, because they've got nothing to say unless they actually want to admit they think black people are monkeys. Which they won't do.

I don’t think people intentionally mean to do it (or at least reveal their true feelings) but its maaad weird how people are quick to defend bigotry, like we are jumping the gun for getting offended. What makes it worse is that you don’t see the same type of indignation for the bigotry itself.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,564

Post#107 » by cgmw » Tue May 29, 2018 11:44 pm

Fury wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Interesting how we're brainwashed, but when asked if you think it is ok to call black people monkeys we got no answer.

I don’t think people intentionally mean to do it (or at least reveal their true feelings) but its maaad weird how people are quick to defend bigotry, like we are jumping the gun for getting offended. What makes it worse is that you don’t see the same type of indignation for the bigotry itself.

OT: I feel EXACTLY the same way about all the f*cking moron as#holes in here who consistently jump to defend Dolan
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#108 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 11:56 pm

Fury wrote:

The incredible lack of subtlety around free speech runs though much of this. It betrays intellectual laziness. It was on full display in the NFL thread.

I'm sure some people actually think Roseanne's tweets have some equivalency to kneeling and I don't even care any more to explain WTF they are not remotely similar.

This is the hot take era and once people form an opinion (or more likely adopt a pre-baked one), they don't revise them. They just repeat themselves even if you meticulously explain why their take on something puts them squarely in the wheelhouse of MAGA ideologies.

Some people can't handle being dissected by guys like me and they shut down instead of sucking up it and re-examining their assumptions. And I don't care, because if they are too lazy to think things through or they are snowflaking from being exposed then their intentional or unintentional, direct or indirect, support of fascist, racist BS means they're playing with a MAGA deck of cards even if their self-image is not racist or facist.

I do think we are also living in a schizoid age where people can play ball with their "black friends" and then go online and be a MAGA sympathizer. That's actually a form of psychosis that may be active in millions or tens of millions of people now. They may be functional humans in the conventional sense, but they are split in their social nature between the virtual and life on the streets.
ImageImageImage
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,271

Post#109 » by Knicks Byke » Tue May 29, 2018 11:57 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Knicks Byke wrote:im assuming this is because she went on live tv to expose the mk ultra going on in hollywood.

Are you suggesting she was crucified for taking a heroic stand against the injustices perpetrated by deep state operatives?

i wish i can put it as eloquently as you just did clyde :lol:
nykinoz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#110 » by nykinoz » Tue May 29, 2018 11:59 pm

As an Aussie, watching from afar, you guys voted for what you've ended up with? Is everybody washing there hands of the fact this guy was voted in? He was pretty clear on what he stood for, his past history is littered with examples of what sort of person he his, which is a pretty clear precursor for what his leadership would look like.
Knicks fan since 1991
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#111 » by Dave DaButcher » Wed May 30, 2018 12:08 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#112 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 30, 2018 12:10 am

nykinoz wrote:As an Aussie, watching from afar, you guys voted for what you've ended up with? Is everybody washing there hands of the fact this guy was voted in? He was pretty clear on what he stood for, his past history is littered with examples of what sort of person he his, which is a pretty clear precursor for what his leadership would look like.

No. He has a base that support what he does no matter what. I don't have the keystrokes to go into the variety of reasons why, but there are zillion articles on it. Basically a mixture of years of republican propaganda, dysfunctional government, populism, and good old fashioned racism. As Clyde alludes to, a lot of people also stake out pre-baked ideological positions and as crazy as it sounds, as the right of the USA has moved further right, a lot of otherwise seemingly "ok" people have adopted some weird tendencies. I mean, besides the truly honestly racist. And then there is a sizable chunk of the electorate that hated him in the primary and still do. I'm not sure what the size of the % of the country that was "on the fence" or "undecided". I can't imagine there's a large independent block waiting to make up their mind. I'd like to think he's lost some conservative support along the way, but it feels like very little. I'd assume that'll change if/when he's perp walked out of the white house with his sons, daughter and son in law.

Looks like Aussies have dealt with some unpopular guys too, though I'd guess how the PM is selected isn't exactly the same:
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/the-three-australian-pms-who-were-even-more-unpopular-than-donald-trump-20180111-h0grlp.html
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#113 » by Clyde_Style » Wed May 30, 2018 12:10 am

nykinoz wrote:As an Aussie, watching from afar, you guys voted for what you've ended up with? Is everybody washing there hands of the fact this guy was voted in? He was pretty clear on what he stood for, his past history is littered with examples of what sort of person he his, which is a pretty clear precursor for what his leadership would look like.

American has always had a very strong tradition of anti-intellectualism. This was never a particularly enlightened nation.

While you may still have the same ghosts as America in terms of your treatment of the indigenous population, Australia has evolved in ways America never has. We may both be nations founded by convicts and refugees, but your cultural strain of violence probably gets channeled into football hooliganism at worst whereas we've been seeding violence here from day one.

You banned guns. I can go outside and pick one off my gun tree for breakfast.

We're still dealing with 150 year old attitudes held by whites who have zero compassion for the fact that we stole tens of millions of Africans to be our slaves.

You've got your share of bigoted white crackers in Oz, but they don't hold the reins.

I'm embarrassed by my country.
ImageImageImage
nykinoz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by nykinoz » Wed May 30, 2018 12:19 am

Clyde_Style wrote:

American has always had a very strong tradition of anti-intellectualism. This was never a particularly enlightened nation.

While you may still have the same ghosts as America in terms of your treatment of the indigenous population, Australia has evolved in ways America never has. We may both be nations founded by convicts and refugees, but your cultural strain of violence probably gets channeled into football hooliganism at worst whereas we've been seeding violence here from day one.

We're still dealing with 150 year old attitudes held by whites who have zero compassion for the fact that we stole tens of millions of Africans to be our slaves.

You've got your share of bigoted white crackers in Oz, but they don't hold the reins.

Thank you for your thoughts, i'm trying to understand what's happening, it makes no sense to me.
Knicks fan since 1991
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#115 » by Clyde_Style » Wed May 30, 2018 12:21 am

thebuzzardman wrote:

No. He has a base that support what he does no matter what. I don't have the keystrokes to go into the variety of reasons why, but there are zillion articles on it. Basically a mixture of years of republican propaganda, dysfunctional government, populism, and good old fashioned racism. As Clyde alludes to, a lot of people also stake out pre-baked ideological positions and as crazy as it sounds, as the right of the USA has moved further right, a lot of otherwise seemingly "ok" people have adopted some weird tendencies. I mean, besides the truly honestly racist. And then there is a sizable chunk of the electorate that hated him in the primary and still do. I'm not sure what the size of the % of the country that was "on the fence" or "undecided". I can't imagine there's a large independent block waiting to make up their mind. I'd like to think he's lost some conservative support along the way, but it feels like very little. I'd assume that'll change if/when he's perp walked out of the white house with his sons, daughter and son in law.

Looks like Aussies have dealt with some unpopular guys too, though I'd guess how the PM is selected isn't exactly the same:
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/the-three-australian-pms-who-were-even-more-unpopular-than-donald-trump-20180111-h0grlp.html

Yeah, the outrageousness of the far right is a strategic battering ram against reason and the propagandist objective to move the goalposts off the field so that the center becomes right was largely achieved.

The irony of the typical alt right knucklehead's taunt about being PC is that I agree things are too PC as well, but more along the lines of I'm an intellectual savage and I frigging hate the pussywhipped behavior of the MSM for not calling a spade a spade for fear of seeming "biased"

So when you see people saying

SJW
BIAS
FREE SPEECH

They are playing that game.

They loves them some free speech when the playing field has been blasted open for them in the name of equal opportunity opinion, but not when they are held accountable. Then they accuse you of suppressing their free speech even though that's exactly what you're exercising so F them
ImageImageImage
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#116 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 30, 2018 12:22 am

nykinoz wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Thank you for your thoughts, i'm trying to understand what's happening, it makes no sense to me.

This would explain a lot to you:
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/209776/fantasyland-by-kurt-andersen/9780812978902/
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,217

Post#117 » by aq_ua » Wed May 30, 2018 12:22 am

...John Howard?
nykinoz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#118 » by nykinoz » Wed May 30, 2018 12:24 am

thebuzzardman wrote:

Appreciate your reply and knowledge, i'm learning more everyday about the journey the USA is currently on.

That article is out of context in this discussion really, the Labor V Liberal PM approval ratings have little to do with social conscious and more to do with party politics in the truest form.
Knicks fan since 1991
nykinoz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by nykinoz » Wed May 30, 2018 12:25 am

aq_ua wrote:

...John Howard?

One of the best Prime Ministers our country as ever had.
Knicks fan since 1991
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,217

Post#120 » by aq_ua » Wed May 30, 2018 12:28 am

nykinoz wrote:
aq_ua wrote:

...John Howard?

One of the best Prime Ministers our country as ever had.

Who was quite the anti-immigration anti-multi-culturalist himself, but sure, he got stuff done.

Return to New York Knicks