ImageImageImageImageImage

Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, FrontOfficeEye, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, Thugger HBC, Capn'O, K-DOT, j4remi, Thorn, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36

Juco24
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,366
And1: 716
Joined: Feb 12, 2013

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#441 » by Juco24 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:35 am

bondom34 wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Kemba is much better than Kyrie. Fancy dribbling doesn't count for points.

:o :o :lol: :lol:

Now that's in depth analysis.


He is.


But to Newyorkknick94, thanks for the intelligent conversation. Greatly appreciated :D.


Kemba Walker is much better than Kyrie Irving..... man, we're all entitled to our opinion - but I found that freakin hilarious. And I wouldn't dare argue/debate you. LOL
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,674
And1: 30,724
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#442 » by bondom34 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:38 am

Juco24 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Juco24 wrote: :o :o :lol: :lol:

Now that's in depth analysis.


He is.


But to Newyorkknick94, thanks for the intelligent conversation. Greatly appreciated :D.


Kemba Walker is much better than Kyrie Irving..... man, we're all entitled to our opinion - but I found that freakin hilarious. And I wouldn't dare argue/debate you. LOL

Oh, because you know, pretty much all the information available pointing to Kemba being better. I'm glad I don't have to. I've found in years here that generally when someone knows they don't have any actual argument they just post "LOL". And that trend remains true.
Juco24
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,366
And1: 716
Joined: Feb 12, 2013

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#443 » by Juco24 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:41 am

bondom34 wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Now that's in depth analysis.


He is.


But to Newyorkknick94, thanks for the intelligent conversation. Greatly appreciated :D.


Kemba Walker is much better than Kyrie Irving..... man, we're all entitled to our opinion - but I found that freakin hilarious. And I wouldn't dare argue/debate you. LOL

Oh, because you know, pretty much all the information available pointing to Kemba being better. I'm glad I don't have to. I've found in years here that generally when someone knows they don't have any actual argument they just post "LOL". And that trend remains true.

Okay. Lol - Kemba Walker is MUCH BETTER THAN Kyrie Irving. :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the insight. Have a good day
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,674
And1: 30,724
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#444 » by bondom34 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:42 am

Juco24 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
Kemba Walker is much better than Kyrie Irving..... man, we're all entitled to our opinion - but I found that freakin hilarious. And I wouldn't dare argue/debate you. LOL

Oh, because you know, pretty much all the information available pointing to Kemba being better. I'm glad I don't have to. I've found in years here that generally when someone knows they don't have any actual argument they just post "LOL". And that trend remains true.

Okay. Lol - Kemba Walker is MUCH BETTER THAN Kyrie Irving. :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the insight. Have a good day

You too!

I'm glad you proved my theory, and even 4 times in a single post. Clearly Boston was lost without Kyrie and their offense was so much better than Charlotte's when those guys were on court...oh except neither of those happened
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 26,507
And1: 14,943
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#445 » by E-Balla » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Newyorknick94 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:Kemba doesn’t win games that’s the problem he’s better than anything we got yea but I don’t want Kemba if I’m trying to build a winning team idc he hit a game winner in college or that sometimes he can score a lot of points he’s inconsistent and a terrible defender that doesn’t lead his teams to wins

People that obviously don't know basketball always got strong opinions around here.

What’s your argument? Kemba is not a star player

Wrong. Back to back All Star who deserved 3 back to back to back and according to on/off court metrics he accounted for 12 Hornets wins last year which would make him 7th in the league and only under Lillard, Jrue, and Russ at his position (CP3 and Curry would also be over him if they played full seasons).

he’s not better than kyrie

Who tf wants a player that would leave 2 championship level teams for the Knicks to placate his own ego? Kyrie is barely better than Kemba and when taking into account how banged up Kyrie always is Kemba takes the clear edge.

he’s never led his team to wins

Clear lies he's lead his team to more wins than Kyrie ever has and that's an actual fact. When Charlotte gave him talent one year and the team went 48-34. With KP and Kemba anything under 45 wins means one of them got hurt.

and he’s due for a max contract he’s not good enough to be the best player in a championship team or the second best

If you think Kemba can't be the 2nd best player on a championship squad you don't know basketball and it's not even worth debating with you since you obviously haven't seen him play and are just spouting random bull or you don't understand what you're seeing and your basketball iq is low. You called Kemba a terrible defender. Couldn't make it more obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

why do you want to waste money on someone like that? That’s how we got in this mess we’re in right now by giving out contracts/trading for players that aren’t worth what we’re guving them/giving up to get them. You’d honestly rather him over Kyrie? Give me your opinion instead of bolding some of my post and acting like you know more about basketball than everyone.

Again it's not worth getting into it. Stop flexing like you've seen Kemba play when you know damn well you saw him 4 times max in an 82 game season and stop acting like you even pay attention to the defensive side of the ball if you think Kemba is a terrible defender. That's a top 5 worse opinion I've seen around here this year it's completely asinine.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 26,507
And1: 14,943
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#446 » by E-Balla » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Newyorknick94 wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:Kemba walker 12mill per
Trey Burke 1mill per
Kemba is about to make over 25 mill per year Isiah is that you?

Yeah that makes sense...

So it's Trey Burke > Kemba > Kyrie? Just want to confirm I'm reading this logic correctly.

KP is due for a similar salary soon and we have Kornet. He makes peanuts, let me guess Kornet > KP too?

In midtown east so if you're local lmk bc want a hit/swig of whatever you're smoking/drinking.

When did I say Burke was better than Kemba? All I’m saying is Burke has the potential to get to his level Why waste money or assets on Kemba while we’re rebuilding?

He doesn't. It's insane to say he does. You obviously never paid attention to defense before but just because Kemba is short it doesn't make him a bad defender. Actually Kemba was 4th in contesting shots among Gs. Jrue who is first team all D was first, Josh Richardson (one of the best defenders in the league and a serious All Defense snub) was 2nd, and Oladipo (also 1st team all defense and one of the best defensive Gs ever) was 3rd. Kemba was also 2nd in charges drawn (Kyle Lowry who is a known great defender was first) and over the last 3 years has drawn more charges than everyone but Ersan Ilyasova and Demarcus Cousins. Seriously Kemba isn't an elite defender because of his height but in terms of effort, positioning, and consistency on the defensive end he plays just like you'd want an elite shutdown defender to. If Kemba was average height he'd be all defense but since he's not he's just very good but outside the level of the elite.









No one at any position hustles as much as Kemba Walker does on the defensive end. Period.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
Newyorknick94
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,440
And1: 1,501
Joined: Jul 12, 2010
Location: Fl
     

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#447 » by Newyorknick94 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Damn EBalla why you coming for my head? I was wrong about his defense why are you so butthurt? I’m just trying to have a regular conversation about basketball just because you know more about 1 player in the league doesn’t mean I know nothing about basketball relax I appreciate the videos That’s what I go in this board for but there’s no need to be a dic* about it. I still take Kyrie over Kemba/Lillard IMO.
Legends BAT
G - Penny Hardaway/Mike Bibby
G - Gilbert Arenas / Monta Ellis
F - Julius Erving/John Starks
F - Chris bosh/Danny Granger
C - Dikembe Mutombo
cuyankees
Senior
Posts: 535
And1: 175
Joined: Feb 15, 2014

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#448 » by cuyankees » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Newyorknick94 wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:Kemba walker 12mill per
Trey Burke 1mill per
Kemba is about to make over 25 mill per year Isiah is that you?

Yeah that makes sense...

So it's Trey Burke > Kemba > Kyrie? Just want to confirm I'm reading this logic correctly.

KP is due for a similar salary soon and we have Kornet. He makes peanuts, let me guess Kornet > KP too?

In midtown east so if you're local lmk bc want a hit/swig of whatever you're smoking/drinking.

When did I say Burke was better than Kemba? All I’m saying is Burke has the potential to get to his level Why waste money or assets on Kemba while we’re rebuilding?

So like I said, Kornet has the potential to get to KP’s level as well. White, Long, Shooter... Let KP leave right?

Both sentiments are abusrd. Trey is a former lottery pick, turned G leaguer, turned backup NBA PG, turned starter for the probably worst team in the league next season.

Just stop...
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 45,145
And1: 10,284
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
Contact:
         

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#449 » by magnumt » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:03 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Kemba is much better than Kyrie. Fancy dribbling doesn't count for points.

:o :o :lol: :lol:

Now that's in depth analysis.

He is.

But to Newyorkknick94, thanks for the intelligent conversation. Greatly appreciated :D.


TBH, if I HAD a choice between the two, I'd take Kyrie.

Both I'd pass on because of their injury histories, but the reason I give the slight nod to Kyrie over Kemba is primarily versatility. Kyrie can play both PG & SG, whereas Kemba is locked in at SG.

Also, I've seen what Kyrie can do on the Big Stage in the Playoffs, whereas with Kemba, I've only seen it on the NCAA level. To Kemba's credit tho, he has that Kobe/Westbrook killer mentality that drives him to compete HARD! That's a rare and great quality to have in your leader.

Kemba & Lebron would be freakin NASTY! :droop:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
Isaiah Thomas / Ish Smith / Malcolm Delaney
Gordon Hayward / Eric Gordon
Thabo Sefolosha / Anthony Morrow
Alex Len / Greg Monroe /Luke Kornet
Marc Gasol / Boban Marjanovich / Epke Udoh


Follow Elves on Twitter ---> magnumt6
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,674
And1: 30,724
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#450 » by bondom34 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 pm

magnumt wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Juco24 wrote: :o :o :lol: :lol:

Now that's in depth analysis.

He is.

But to Newyorkknick94, thanks for the intelligent conversation. Greatly appreciated :D.


TBH, if I HAD a choice between the two, I'd take Kyrie.

Both I'd pass on because of their injury histories, but the reason I give the slight nod to Kyrie over Kemba is primarily versatility. Kyrie can play both PG & SG, whereas Kemba is locked in at SG.

Also, I've seen what Kyrie can do on the Big Stage in the Playoffs, whereas with Kemba, I've only seen it on the NCAA level. To Kemba's credit tho, he has that Kobe/Westbrook killer mentality that drives him to compete HARD! That's a rare and great quality to have in your leader.

Kemba & Lebron would be freakin NASTY! :droop:

--Mags :beer:

Kyries only played 7 percent of hisinutes at SG. He does have size on Kemba though. TBH agree with LeBron, but given Ntilikinas size I'd play him at 2 guard.

Or do it the easy way and draft Sexton (I think he's the best PG in this draft).
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 45,145
And1: 10,284
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
Contact:
         

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#451 » by magnumt » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:14 pm

bondom34 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Now that's in depth analysis.

He is.

But to Newyorkknick94, thanks for the intelligent conversation. Greatly appreciated :D.


TBH, if I HAD a choice between the two, I'd take Kyrie.

Both I'd pass on because of their injury histories, but the reason I give the slight nod to Kyrie over Kemba is primarily versatility. Kyrie can play both PG & SG, whereas Kemba is locked in at SG.

Also, I've seen what Kyrie can do on the Big Stage in the Playoffs, whereas with Kemba, I've only seen it on the NCAA level. To Kemba's credit tho, he has that Kobe/Westbrook killer mentality that drives him to compete HARD! That's a rare and great quality to have in your leader.

Kemba & Lebron would be freakin NASTY! :droop:

--Mags :beer:

Kyries only played 7 percent of hisinutes at SG. He does have size on Kemba though. TBH agree with LeBron, but given Ntilikinas size I'd play him at 2 guard.

Or do it the easy way and draft Sexton (I think he's the best PG in this draft).


Yeah, if we do end up with Kyrie next year Frank would be better as the 2 Guard. They're both big guards, so Defensively it would be a helluva a Backcourt.

Totally agree on Sexton. I think his one flaw (outside shooting) is being overblown too. He shot decently later in the Season.

My big board's Top 3 for the Knicks (in the range I mean) is: Sexton, Trae & Mikal (in no order).

I'd root for whomever we take, but I do have preferences leading up to the pick. :D

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
Isaiah Thomas / Ish Smith / Malcolm Delaney
Gordon Hayward / Eric Gordon
Thabo Sefolosha / Anthony Morrow
Alex Len / Greg Monroe /Luke Kornet
Marc Gasol / Boban Marjanovich / Epke Udoh


Follow Elves on Twitter ---> magnumt6
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,674
And1: 30,724
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#452 » by bondom34 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:17 pm

magnumt wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
TBH, if I HAD a choice between the two, I'd take Kyrie.

Both I'd pass on because of their injury histories, but the reason I give the slight nod to Kyrie over Kemba is primarily versatility. Kyrie can play both PG & SG, whereas Kemba is locked in at SG.

Also, I've seen what Kyrie can do on the Big Stage in the Playoffs, whereas with Kemba, I've only seen it on the NCAA level. To Kemba's credit tho, he has that Kobe/Westbrook killer mentality that drives him to compete HARD! That's a rare and great quality to have in your leader.

Kemba & Lebron would be freakin NASTY! :droop:

--Mags :beer:

Kyries only played 7 percent of hisinutes at SG. He does have size on Kemba though. TBH agree with LeBron, but given Ntilikinas size I'd play him at 2 guard.

Or do it the easy way and draft Sexton (I think he's the best PG in this draft).


Yeah, if we do end up with Kyrie next year Frank would be better as the 2 Guard. They're both big guards, so Defensively it would be a helluva a Backcourt.

Totally agree on Sexton. I think his one flaw (outside shooting) is being overblown too. He shot decently later in the Season.

My big board's Top 3 for the Knicks (in the range I mean) is: Sexton, Trae & Mikal (in no order).

I'd root for whomever we take, but I do have preferences leading up to the pick. :D

--Mags :beer:

Think those would be the 3 best fits too. I just feel so iffy on Trae. Might be the biggest ceiling to floor gap in any guard this year.
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,870
And1: 2,753
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#453 » by spree8 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Having to choose between Kyrie and Kemba would be an amazing problem to have. Can only hope we’re so lucky next summer.
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 45,145
And1: 10,284
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
Contact:
         

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#454 » by magnumt » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:31 pm

bondom34 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Kyries only played 7 percent of hisinutes at SG. He does have size on Kemba though. TBH agree with LeBron, but given Ntilikinas size I'd play him at 2 guard.

Or do it the easy way and draft Sexton (I think he's the best PG in this draft).


Yeah, if we do end up with Kyrie next year Frank would be better as the 2 Guard. They're both big guards, so Defensively it would be a helluva a Backcourt.

Totally agree on Sexton. I think his one flaw (outside shooting) is being overblown too. He shot decently later in the Season.

My big board's Top 3 for the Knicks (in the range I mean) is: Sexton, Trae & Mikal (in no order).

I'd root for whomever we take, but I do have preferences leading up to the pick. :D

--Mags :beer:

Think those would be the 3 best fits too. I just feel so iffy on Trae. Might be the biggest ceiling to floor gap in any guard this year.


Definitely. He reminds me A LOT of the year DAR was taken (2015). He too had a huge range in his potential, but like him, Trae's development depends HUGELY on where he ends up being Drafted.

I'm a huge hater of the way the Lakers development program is the last decade or so. Ingram, DAR, and Ball could all be/have been better along in their growth had they been taken by a different team IMO. Not a big fan of Philly's development either.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
Isaiah Thomas / Ish Smith / Malcolm Delaney
Gordon Hayward / Eric Gordon
Thabo Sefolosha / Anthony Morrow
Alex Len / Greg Monroe /Luke Kornet
Marc Gasol / Boban Marjanovich / Epke Udoh


Follow Elves on Twitter ---> magnumt6
User avatar
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,674
And1: 30,724
Joined: Mar 01, 2013

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#455 » by bondom34 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:39 pm

magnumt wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Yeah, if we do end up with Kyrie next year Frank would be better as the 2 Guard. They're both big guards, so Defensively it would be a helluva a Backcourt.

Totally agree on Sexton. I think his one flaw (outside shooting) is being overblown too. He shot decently later in the Season.

My big board's Top 3 for the Knicks (in the range I mean) is: Sexton, Trae & Mikal (in no order).

I'd root for whomever we take, but I do have preferences leading up to the pick. :D

--Mags :beer:

Think those would be the 3 best fits too. I just feel so iffy on Trae. Might be the biggest ceiling to floor gap in any guard this year.


Definitely. He reminds me A LOT of the year DAR was taken (2015). He too had a huge range in his potential, but like him, Trae's development depends HUGELY on where he ends up being Drafted.

I'm a huge hater of the way the Lakers development program is the last decade or so. Ingram, DAR, and Ball could all be/have been better along in their growth had they been taken by a different team IMO. Not a big fan of Philly's development either.

--Mags :beer:

Russell was definitely a bummer and LA in general hasn't been great at it. Philly had some too but they still ended up developing Covington, McConnell and the two stars. Not perfect but nobody is.
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 45,145
And1: 10,284
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
Contact:
         

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#456 » by magnumt » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:55 pm

bondom34 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Think those would be the 3 best fits too. I just feel so iffy on Trae. Might be the biggest ceiling to floor gap in any guard this year.


Definitely. He reminds me A LOT of the year DAR was taken (2015). He too had a huge range in his potential, but like him, Trae's development depends HUGELY on where he ends up being Drafted.

I'm a huge hater of the way the Lakers development program is the last decade or so. Ingram, DAR, and Ball could all be/have been better along in their growth had they been taken by a different team IMO. Not a big fan of Philly's development either.

--Mags :beer:

Russell was definitely a bummer and LA in general hasn't been great at it. Philly had some too but they still ended up developing Covington, McConnell and the two stars. Not perfect but nobody is.


With Trae, he really does have that Curry potential, but of course can still become a Jimmer/Reddick type too.

He has the NBA range that Curry has as he was hitting deep ass threes in college and racked up like 9+ APG for a rather weak team. It's why I think he'll do well at the Pro level. Provided he goes to the right team. :dontknow:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
Isaiah Thomas / Ish Smith / Malcolm Delaney
Gordon Hayward / Eric Gordon
Thabo Sefolosha / Anthony Morrow
Alex Len / Greg Monroe /Luke Kornet
Marc Gasol / Boban Marjanovich / Epke Udoh


Follow Elves on Twitter ---> magnumt6
newyorker4ever
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,353
And1: 1,637
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#457 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:13 pm

bondom34 wrote:Kemba is much better than Kyrie. Fancy dribbling doesn't count for points.




:spam:
newyorker4ever
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,353
And1: 1,637
Joined: Jan 03, 2012
     

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#458 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:21 pm

E-Balla wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:People that obviously don't know basketball always got strong opinions around here.

What’s your argument? Kemba is not a star player

Wrong. Back to back All Star who deserved 3 back to back to back and according to on/off court metrics he accounted for 12 Hornets wins last year which would make him 7th in the league and only under Lillard, Jrue, and Russ at his position (CP3 and Curry would also be over him if they played full seasons).
:noway:
he’s not better than kyrie

Who tf wants a player that would leave 2 championship level teams for the Knicks to placate his own ego? Kyrie is barely better than Kemba and when taking into account how banged up Kyrie always is Kemba takes the clear edge.
:no:
he’s never led his team to wins

Clear lies he's lead his team to more wins than Kyrie ever has and that's an actual fact. When Charlotte gave him talent one year and the team went 48-34. With KP and Kemba anything under 45 wins means one of them got hurt.
:crazy:
and he’s due for a max contract he’s not good enough to be the best player in a championship team or the second best

If you think Kemba can't be the 2nd best player on a championship squad you don't know basketball and it's not even worth debating with you since you obviously haven't seen him play and are just spouting random bull or you don't understand what you're seeing and your basketball iq is low. You called Kemba a terrible defender. Couldn't make it more obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.
:sleep2:
why do you want to waste money on someone like that? That’s how we got in this mess we’re in right now by giving out contracts/trading for players that aren’t worth what we’re guving them/giving up to get them. You’d honestly rather him over Kyrie? Give me your opinion instead of bolding some of my post and acting like you know more about basketball than everyone.

Again it's not worth getting into it. Stop flexing like you've seen Kemba play when you know damn well you saw him 4 times max in an 82 game season and stop acting like you even pay attention to the defensive side of the ball if you think Kemba is a terrible defender. That's a top 5 worse opinion I've seen around here this year it's completely asinine.

:sleep:
User avatar
Huey Freeman
Head Coach
Posts: 7,074
And1: 462
Joined: Nov 13, 2003
Location: Everywhere

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#459 » by Huey Freeman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:33 pm

spree8 wrote:Having to choose between Kyrie and Kemba would be an amazing problem to have. Can only hope we’re so lucky next summer.

Knicks can probably have Kemba next Thursday if they REALLY want him. Not sure many here would be happy coming up off that #9 for him though.
Revolution starts in the mind...
User avatar
spree8
General Manager
Posts: 9,870
And1: 2,753
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Boston celtics are concerned that kyrie irving will sign with the knicks in 2019 per realgm wiretap 

Post#460 » by spree8 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:
spree8 wrote:Having to choose between Kyrie and Kemba would be an amazing problem to have. Can only hope we’re so lucky next summer.

Knicks can probably have Kemba next Thursday if they REALLY want him. Not sure many here would be happy coming up off that #9 for him though.



Yea def no when we can just get him for free next summer. Plus getting him now would hurt our 2019 lotto pick. I like Kemba, but trading #9 and having our 2019 pick drop from likely top 4 to mid 1st round would be way too much a price.
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image

Return to New York Knicks