ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread 13 - The Field Thins

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who Do You Want To Fall?

Porter
36%
Carter
17%
Mikal
34%
Other
13%

Total votes: 132

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Re: Draft Thread 13 - The Field Thins 

Post#1981 » by GONYK » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

MPJ is Bo Callahan with injury concerns.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,673

Post#1982 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:22 pm

taj2133 wrote:collin sexton workout clips with the charlotte hornets today clips

Read on Twitter

man that will burn your eyes...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,318

Post#1983 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Tron Carter wrote:it's hilarious these hip problem reports for porter jr come out literally a day after those rumors that teams were "inquiring the knicks about trading up" to draft him. if that doesn't say it all for you..

Which explains why the first thing Scott Perry does every morning is repeat into his mirror, "I am not your bitch. Those days are over. I repeat, I am not your bitch."
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,318

Post#1984 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:26 pm

sol537 wrote:KP + Frank + Mikal is the beginnings of a defensive powerhouse with high collective IQ. That is how you lay the foundation for a rebuild. Not with Trae Young.

You plug in two additional + defenders who are also high IQ and who can switch any pick and you've got a team that will give opponents FITS. Don't try to outscore opponents. Instead, make their life HELL on the bball court. Don't just be avg at a few different things... strive to be ELITE at something.

I started the draft with this mindset, tasted some candy and now I'm more or less settled back into this viewpoint. Whether it is Mikal or someone else, it would be refreshing to add a long forward with elite defensive intensity to build a top 5 defensive unit. If we don't draft a guard, we're already in good shape with Trey and Frank.
ImageImageImage
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#1985 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:
I don't mind Mikal as long as we have a plan to get KP's sidekick in the future (Irving or maybe next year's draft if we're drafting at the top). Mikal is more suited as the 4th option on a championship team (ala Danny Green on the Spurs).

I like Mikal but I feel like you need to shoot for higher potential when you're drafting top 10, just my opinion.

when you frame the conversation as "4th option," you're limiting this to the offensive side of the ball.

Exactly. A 4th option with good efficiency while playing great defense can have a bigger impact then a guy who can just score.

otto porter, anyone?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#1986 » by Jay10 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:27 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:
I don't mind Mikal as long as we have a plan to get KP's sidekick in the future (Irving or maybe next year's draft if we're drafting at the top). Mikal is more suited as the 4th option on a championship team (ala Danny Green on the Spurs).

I like Mikal but I feel like you need to shoot for higher potential when you're drafting top 10, just my opinion.

when you frame the conversation as "4th option," you're limiting this to the offensive side of the ball.

Exactly. A 4th option with good efficiency while playing great defense can have a bigger impact then a guy who can just score.

Basically Klay Thompson.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#1987 » by magnumt » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Posted this in another Thread:

HEZI wrote:
Greenie wrote:
magnumt wrote:
How long have I been talking about that dude's injury risk?!?!

He isn't even being guarded yet in the NBA and he gotten hurt in workouts!

I'll root for him if we take him, but I've been VERY worried about his injury risks from Day 1. :sigh: We've been through it with Gallo & Frye who both had repeated injuries.

--Mags :beer:

I told him to do it. I’m plotting for my Knicks.

"Be scared of #50"

He's looking like an option there :o :D

Remember, both Monk & DSJ were projected as Top 6 picks leading up to even the WEEK of the Draft last year, and because of issues they both fell to mid-->late Lottery.

Wouldn't surprise me if IRL MPJr falls to the 76'ers at #10 or someone in the late Lottery (Clippers get lucky?! :lol: ).

Would be funny if the Knicks leaked this story to cause him to drop into their laps at #9 after news broke we might trade up for MPJr.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365