ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Thread 14, end is nigh?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who do you want?

MPJR
23%
Mikal Bridges
39%
Miles Bridges
3%
Collin Sexton
3%
Trae Young
5%
SGA
1%
Kevin Knox
10%
Wendell Carter
8%
Lonnie Walker
6%
Zhaire Smith
2%

Total votes: 156

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Re: Draft Thread 14, end is nigh? 

Post#1381 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:33 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:

The name that comes to mind is Andrew Bynum but he wasn't really a wunderkind. I guess I don't really have a good example of someone making it pro. Though I'm sure some high ranking high school players that don't end up making it have this issue.

Eddie Curry.

Melo.

There are countless players who did not the work ethic to improve they bodies, which would have taken them to the next level.

Curry never loved basketball - if I remember correctly, his first passion was dancing? Might be wrong about that.

Melo is definitely a good one.

His stament was wonderkinds...Both those players were that. They were head and shoulders above the majority of their peers.

Luka loving basketball more than Curry is actually a Knock against Luka more than anything. He has Horrible eating habits from all accounts, and its obvious he does not take physical condition as serious as he should. Dude KNOWS he will be in the NBA and still has shown NO effort to improve himself physically ahead of time. He knew what his destination would be. Thats shows Laziness on his behalf in that aspect. He is a wing Player...No Exuse to be that Pudgy...he not a big.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,756

Post#1382 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:33 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Such as who?

The name that comes to mind is Andrew Bynum but he wasn't really a wunderkind. I guess I don't really have a good example of someone making it pro. Though I'm sure some high ranking high school players that don't end up making it have this issue.

Eddie Curry.

Melo.

There are countless players who did not the work ethic to improve they bodies, which would have taken them to the next level.

Melo is a perfect example of what I'm talking about! Even last season you can look at Victor Oladipo. He finally put the work into his body and turned into a superstar.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1383 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:36 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Eddie Curry.

Melo.

Curry never loved basketball - if I remember correctly, his first passion was dancing? Might be wrong about that.

His stament was wonderkinds...Both those players were that. They were head and shoulders above the majority of their peers.

Luka loving basketball more than Curry is actually a Knock against Luka more than anything. He has Horrible eating habits from all accounts, and its obvious he does not take physical condition as serious as he should. Dude KNOWS he will be in the NBA and still has shown NO effort to improve himself physically ahead of time. He knew what his destination would be. Thats shows Laziness on his behalf in that aspect. He is a wing Player...No Exuse to be that Pudgy...he not a big.

I said Melo was one, I just disagree on Curry. Maybe it was because 10 (?) when he was picked, but from the stuff I've read, his promising traits were him being light on his feet and touch around the rim. That's it. To me, wunderkinds are prodigies - I don't think anyone considered Curry that, but I could be wrong. Melo I do agree with for sure.

I also disagree with it being a knock against Luka. He's 18/19. I'm not worried.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1384 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:37 pm

For those of you who want to hear me ramble on for ~15 minutes on 3 second round sleepers, here's the video for those who missed it --

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#1385 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:37 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
fatalogic wrote:The crazy thing is even after all the deals they have made, they still have all their first round picks, yet some on this board are ready to give up 1sts for every "star" player that is available.

All of that comes from that one Brooklyn trade but even with that trade they wouldn't have all they have now in players and future draft picks if that trade worked out for Brooklyn, but it didn't work out for them and they were just as bad before that trade then they were before it which gave Boston not only their draft picks but those picks were either the #1 pick in the draft or close to it. Not only did Ainge make a great trade but he made the trade with the right team.

Actually, none of those come from Brooklyn.

They're all from trades and i would think that some of those picks that Ainge traded that he got from the Brooklyn trade in some way involve some of these picks. Unless you can tell me "exactly" how Ainge got each one of those picks? I know i don't care enough to do the homework to find out but i would think that in some way the draft picks that he did trade from the Brooklyn trade were involved somehow, but i don't know for sure.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1386 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:42 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

All of that comes from that one Brooklyn trade but even with that trade they wouldn't have all they have now in players and future draft picks if that trade worked out for Brooklyn, but it didn't work out for them and they were just as bad before that trade then they were before it which gave Boston not only their draft picks but those picks were either the #1 pick in the draft or close to it. Not only did Ainge make a great trade but he made the trade with the right team.

They're all from trades and i would think that some of those picks that Ainge traded that he got from the Brooklyn trade in some way involve some of these picks. Unless you can tell me "exactly" how Ainge got each one of those picks? I know i don't care enough to do the homework to find out but i would think that in some way the draft picks that he did trade from the Brooklyn trade were involved somehow, but i don't know for sure.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

https://nesn.com/2017/08/celtics-final-haul-from-2013-nets-trade-truly-is-a-sight-to-behold/

The last pick that had anything to do with the Nets was conveyed to the Celtics this past year, which they used to get Kyrie. You can search the trades using the links above, or on your own...but Ainge has really just done a nice job building a pick cabinet.
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#1387 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:53 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:These Knox supporters coming out of the woodwork. It was all Mikal before, but seems like the tides have turned. Where was the Knox support all this time? Only comes out after a report that we're interested (a report that could be B.S.)

:lol: im still team Carter, but if were picking a forward im going knox for my final decision all my post regarding him say he has a better upside than the bridges even before the reports i actually didnt know so many liked him i thought this was the opposition pick and mikal was the golden boy

maybe it's just because all the Mikal fans have shut-up but all the love is heading toward Knox now which I mean I get cuz his potential is higher, my opinion aside

I'm team Carter all the way, just think he'd be such a steal

Can you or any other team Carter poster tell me how you see him or KP defending other PFs on the perimeter?
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1388 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:54 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:

https://nesn.com/2017/08/celtics-final-haul-from-2013-nets-trade-truly-is-a-sight-to-behold/

The last pick that had anything to do with the Nets was conveyed to the Celtics this past year, which they used to get Kyrie. You can search the trades using the links above, or on your own...but Ainge has really just done a nice job building a pick cabinet.

So he still has two first round picks coming from that trade right?
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1389 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:55 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:

I said Melo was one, I just disagree on Curry. Maybe it was because 10 (?) when he was picked, but from the stuff I've read, his promising traits were him being light on his feet and touch around the rim. That's it. To me, wunderkinds are prodigies - I don't think anyone considered Curry that, but I could be wrong. Melo I do agree with for sure.

I also disagree with it being a knock against Luka. He's 18/19. I'm not worried.

What does 18/19 have to do it with it. He has been a so called professional for how long?

The statement i made has nothing to with with you being worried. Its a fact that it shows laziness.

If An American player had that body people would be saying the same thing about his condition and weight for his size.

Eddie Curry was a prodigy for a young center in Chicago and Young bigs period. You better ask somebody. He was not drafted 1oth Look at the year he was drafted in. He was drafted 4th. remember he was a HS PLAYER...Thats Proof on how good he was seen. This was in 2001
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1390 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:05 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

No, he does not.

IllmaticHandler wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

What does 18/19 have to do it with it. He has been a so called professional for how long?

The statement i made has nothing to with with you being worried. Its a fact that it shows laziness.

If An American player had that body people would be saying the same thing about his condition and weight for his size.

Eddie Curry was a prodigy for a young center in Chicago and Young bigs period. You better ask somebody. He was not drafted 1oth Look at the year he was drafted in. He was drafted 4th. remember he was a HS PLAYER...Thats Proof on how good he was seen. This was in 2001

He's still a kid - it doesn't mean he's lazy, it means he's a kid. Regardless of the league he's playing in, he is still young. You and I aren't going to agree on this, so I'm bowing out. Agree to disagree.

As for Curry - just going by what I've read and what I've seen. I never thought he was a prodigy. Him being drafted 4th does not make him a prodigy, your skill level is what determines that.

Anyways, I'm going back to film. Agree to disagree dude.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1391 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:11 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:

No, he does not.

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2017/08/celtics-final-haul-from-2013-nets-trade-truly-is-a-sight-to-behold/

IllmaticHandler wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:

He's still a kid - it doesn't mean he's lazy, it means he's a kid. Regardless of the league he's playing in, he is still young. You and I aren't going to agree on this, so I'm bowing out. Agree to disagree.

As for Curry - just going by what I've read and what I've seen. I never thought he was a prodigy. Him being drafted 4th does not make him a prodigy, your skill level is what determines that.

Well what am i missing then?

Here's how Danny Ainge turned Pierce, KG + Rondo into Kyrie, Tatum, Brown, Yabu, Ojeleye, Nader, Allen + two 1st-round picks still to come: 6:53 AM - Aug 23, 2017

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2017/08/celtics-final-haul-from-2013-nets-trade-truly-is-a-sight-to-behold/
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1392 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:11 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:

No, he does not.

IllmaticHandler wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:

So a Kid cant be lazy? :o

You arguing what you read...To a person that witnessed it. Come on man. Listen to what you saying. You have no ground to stand on. we will have to agree to disagree. No HS player getting drafted 4th in 2001 was seen as anything less than a prodigy at one time before getting drafted.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#1393 » by levendis » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:12 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
levendis wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

I guess Horny is a development coach because he sent Dotson to the G league and had Beasley playing well

Nah. it looks closer to that you a person that wants to keep going back and forth. Just remember you quoted me. This convo is really irrelevant to me what you think about Fiz as development coach. IDGAF if you dont agree.

clearly you do care, or else you just would do what normal human does and just ignore. Clearly you're not capable of that. It's a **** basketball forum, I'm the weirdo for responding to a post. Why you always getting so sensitive over someone disagreeing with you. Jesus.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1394 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:17 pm

levendis wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
levendis wrote:
I guess Horny is a development coach because he sent Dotson to the G league and had Beasley playing well

Nah. it looks closer to that you a person that wants to keep going back and forth. Just remember you quoted me. This convo is really irrelevant to me what you think about Fiz as development coach. IDGAF if you dont agree.

clearly you do care, or else you just would do what normal human does and just ignore. Clearly you're not capable of that. It's a **** basketball forum, I'm the weirdo for responding to a post. Why you always getting so sensitive over someone disagreeing with you. Jesus.

Maybe your just sensitive to my response instead. Mofos cry if somebody says IDGAF...is this place really full of NY'ers???. Saying IDGAF is like calling someone mother a whore to some you mofos. :lol: :lol:
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1395 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:20 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:For those of you who want to hear me ramble on for ~15 minutes on 3 second round sleepers, here's the video for those who missed it --

you should come up with your own language for this one. I see DX is calling they new segments "quick hits".

I also I aint forget about you on the other thing.
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#1396 » by levendis » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:21 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
levendis wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Maybe your just sensitive to my response instead. Mofos cry if somebody says IDGAF...is this place really full of NY'ers???. Saying IDGAF is like calling someone mother a whore to some you mofos. :lol: :lol:

STILL responding I see. Clearly don't give a ****, nope not at all :lol: :lol: :lol:
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#1397 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:25 pm

levendis wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
levendis wrote:

STILL responding I see. Clearly don't give a ****, nope not at all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I respond to anything about Fiz?

You not that bright are you? Clearly I said IDGAF if you dont agree with me on Fiz. That was it....

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1398 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:28 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:For those of you who want to hear me ramble on for ~15 minutes on 3 second round sleepers, here's the video for those who missed it --

you should come up with your own language for this one. I see DX is calling they new segments "quick hits".

I also I aint forget about you on the other thing.

I released this on the 14th(?) and finished it on the 12th. :lol: Pretty sure they started theirs after I did mine...

As for the other thing, all good. Honestly, no rush. Like I've been telling everyone who's asked - hoping this is short term and I end up with a team for this upcoming season.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,950

Post#1399 » by Capn'O » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:28 pm

fatalogic wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Lawd, this is sickening

Read on Twitter

The crazy thing is even after all the deals they have made, they still have all their first round picks, yet some on this board are ready to give up 1sts for every "star" player that is available.

Ainge is super good. He had a similar asset acquisition period leading up to the original Big 3, which is how they got them.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#1400 » by levendis » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:30 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
levendis wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Did I respond to anything about Fiz?

You not that bright are you? Clearly I said IDGAF if you dont agree with me on Fiz. That was it....

So you don't care about having a basketball discussion about whether Fiz has proven he can develop players. You just about sending other people gifs showing how much you don't care about their opinion as you continue to respond to their posts. Yep making alot of sense. You sure making me look foolish. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to New York Knicks