ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi wants out AND is Rumored to want to play in NY

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: Kawhi wants out AND is Rumored to want to play in NY 

Post#481 » by Greenie » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
bringinhinkie wrote:to get kawhi, the knicks would have to trade porzingis

they just dont have the assets otherwise.. 9th pick + frank + whatever is not netting you a top 5 2 way player in the league who is only 26

i'd personally do zinger + kanter straight up.. but at the same time i completely respect those that wouldn't..

i trust kawhi's body more, and he is already legit 2 way superstar at just 26yo

core would be kawhi/frank/#9 and the goal would be shed salary at all costs to pull FAs

We're talking Porzingis plus two unprotected ones to even get the conversation started.

Too much for my taste.
Would you do it?
I know you and I view KP in a similar light.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#482 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:00 pm

If it's true they turned down Boston's offer then I feel good knowing they'll turn down any offer we provide as well, if we do at all, which I'd hope they wouldn't.

Don't see how hard it is to just wait, and that goes for any player. Free agency or wait. Really so simple.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
ForzaMetro
Senior
And1: 680

Post#483 » by ForzaMetro » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Billy Goat wrote:

they just dont have the assets otherwise.. 9th pick + frank + whatever is not netting you a top 5 2 way player in the league who is only 26

i'd personally do zinger + kanter straight up.. but at the same time i completely respect those that wouldn't..

core would be kawhi/frank/#9 and the goal would be shed salary at all costs to pull FAs

We're talking Porzingis plus two unprotected ones to even get the conversation started.

Based on what? We have two recent comparables - Kyrie and Paul George - neither went for a package anywhere near as valuable as Porzingis and two unprotected 1sts.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#484 » by Billy Goat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Greenie wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

Too much for my taste.
Would you do it?
I know you and I view KP in a similar light.

If he’s healthy yes
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#485 » by Billy Goat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:47 pm

ForzaMetro wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

Based on what? We have two recent comparables - Kyrie and Paul George - neither went for a package anywhere near as valuable as Porzingis and two unprotected 1sts.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Kawhi is a much better player than George/Kylie. Probably the best two way player in NBA after Lebron. Franchise changing talent in prime.
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#486 » by Billy Goat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:56 pm

god shammgod wrote:the lakers will end up with him anyway. and lebron will follow. they're not a clown franchise like ours. they're never too bad for too long. we'll continue to do nothing right on our way towards mediocrity.

after kp gets maxed out next summer, this whole city will turn on him when he can't deliver which he won't be able to because the franchise never got itself into position to get any help. this is the story of the knicks forever. they never have the actually great player and when they get the very good player they never get him the help he needs. ewing relying on starks, melo relying on jr smith, and now kp relying on the likes of tim hardaway jr. this franchise is a sh*t stain.

How about not maxing out a non max player for once?
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#487 » by El Poochio » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:32 pm

After Lonzo gets traded to Spurs, Frank for Lonzo straight up win-win

Knicks get more dynamic creator for KP Mikal

Spurs get better soldier for their army system with much less drama

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,321

Post#488 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Pass on any reasonable Kawhi trade. Its going to cost too much.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#489 » by Marty McFly » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Kawhi does not want to be the face of the franchise. He’s not going to stay he if we trade kp.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#490 » by Billy Goat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:49 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Pass on any reasonable Kawhi trade. Its going to cost too much.

There are talents that outweigh cost. He's one of them. You put Kawhi on the Knicks and surround him with reasonable enough defined role guys(even a Kanter) you're winning 40+ games immediately. He'd be the best player this franchise has had in over 20 years(and he's better than Ewing imo). Its a no-brainer...he's just not coming here.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,290

Post#491 » by DOT » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:52 pm

Marty McFly wrote:Kawhi does not want to be the face of the franchise. He’s not going to stay he if we trade kp.

Good

Kawhi + KP > Kawhi or KP
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,321

Post#492 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:52 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Pass on any reasonable Kawhi trade. Its going to cost too much.

There are talents that outweigh cost. He's one of them. You put Kawhi on the Knicks and surround him with reasonable enough defined role guys(even a Kanter) you're winning 40+ games immediately. He'd be the best player this franchise has had in over 20 years(and he's better than Ewing imo). Its a no-brainer...he's just not coming here.

Too many red flags....injuries, unhappiness in San Antonio, doesn't seem to like media attention.

Trading a boat load of picks and/or KP would not end well. Id welcome him in free agency though
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#493 » by Billy Goat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:32 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

Too many red flags....injuries, unhappiness in San Antonio, doesn't seem to like media attention.

Trading a boat load of picks and/or KP would not end well. Id welcome him in free agency though

He wont hit FA. Either way he's probably going to LA via trade and will resign there.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,487

Post#494 » by CharlesOakley » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Billy Goat wrote:

All of your assessments ignore a season-long injury. Kawhi is too much of an unknown to bet the farm on.
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#495 » by Billy Goat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:41 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

All of your assessments ignore a season-long injury. Kawhi is too much of an unknown to bet the farm on.

That's what the doctors are for.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#496 » by CoolKids » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:54 pm

[img]
Read on Twitter
/photo/1[/img]
Greenie
RealGM

Post#497 » by Greenie » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:55 pm

Marty McFly wrote:Kawhi does not want to be the face of the franchise. He’s not going to stay he if we trade kp.

KP is not any teams breaking point. Dude has to play well for more than 3 months in a season first.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#498 » by Greenie » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:57 pm

K-DOT wrote:

Good

Kawhi + KP > Kawhi or KP

That would depend on who we put around Kawhi.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#499 » by CoolKids » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Wouldn't trade KP for kawhi straight up let alone involve any picks
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#500 » by Marty McFly » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.

Return to New York Knicks