ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1761 » by boomann21 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:07 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
Milk wrote:
Read on Twitter

STFU Knox.

You have nowhere near the talent of Porzingis.

MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1762 » by MP4LIFE » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:11 pm

boomann21 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Milk wrote:
Read on Twitter

STFU Knox.

Talent-wise, nah. Still not near the talent of Porzingis.

Doesn't mean he's bad, though. He's proving me wrong. Good.
boomann21
RealGM

Post#1763 » by boomann21 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:17 pm

FemaleDogPlease wrote:Perry picked up a solid piece. I'm not expecting a future AllStar from this pick.

boomann21
RealGM

Post#1764 » by boomann21 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:19 pm

KOA wrote:I honestly don't get it either.
He's a good off-the ball player but Mikal is lightyears better.
Yes, he's young and has 4 years to catch up but he his work ethic is questionable so why does his age matter at all?

If we're lucky he'll be half as good as Mikal by the time he is 22. His eFG% is dreadful for a bigman largely due to all those mid-range shots he takes which are the least effective shot in basketball...

If you want to go for someone young and athletic with potential you take Michael Porter Jr and do not look back. How often do you get to take a potential #1 overall pick with the 9th pick in the draft?

Is Mikal dog years better now or do you still see him being light years better?
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1765 » by Dave DaButcher » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,648

Post#1766 » by CoolKids » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:38 pm

K P 6 wrote:
CoolKids wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:This was a pretty disappointing night by and large. I really wanted Trae Young -- I think our missing him by a few spots may wind up being somewhat of a reprise of Curry/2009 (though probably not that bad obviously). And yeah, had we taken Porter, at least you could dream about the upside. Kevin Knox reeks of a Jordan Hill-ish-type pick where the organization just really didn't have an idea, so it went with a perceived safe option. Meh, the sad reality is that there is not a single good basketball player on the New York Knicks. That includes KP. He is a good player for one month a year, that's it. That's all he's ever accomplished. I'm not saying this to be pessimistic, though -- I'm actually getting at the silver lining: 1.) We'll be back in this next year LOL; 2.) The bar is so low for Knox that if he's anything resembling a legitimate NBA talent, he'll soon be a fan favorite.

Early favorite for worst post of the year?

When was this written?
right after the draft earlier in this thread :lol: page 8 or something
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,284

Post#1767 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,231

Post#1768 » by F N 11 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Dave DaButcher wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

He made this stud Rip Hamilton essentially. Knox worked a lot on ball handling and is being way mor aggressive. He use to take contested shots not so far.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1769 » by F N 11 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:03 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

All in the youtube comments. Everybody trolling. Hecklers at the game game represent me.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#1770 » by F N 11 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:27 pm

boomann21 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Milk wrote:
Read on Twitter

STFU Knox.

Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,609

Post#1771 » by Billy Goat » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:49 am

Too many articles and too much praise too soon. Lets hope the media dials back calling Knox the future etc. He's shooting like 35% from the floor. Let the kid grow. Some of the things Ive seen written because of a few summer league games where he's shot the ball poorly is outright insane.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,876

Post#1772 » by Jose7 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:51 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
boomann21 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
STFU Knox.

BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#1773 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:16 am

Jose7 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
boomann21 wrote:

Someone way more important and less sensitive than you.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,876

Post#1774 » by Jose7 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:21 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
Jose7 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

important people don't make these type of comments.

you're still a little boy. keep on georgie.

BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach

Post#1775 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:41 am

Jose7 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Jose7 wrote:

important people don't make these type of comments.

you're still a little boy. keep on georgie.

It’s okay, man. You can block me here too, like in real life. Go for it. You’ll feel better.
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 681

Post#1776 » by jstudabaka » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:57 am

CoolKids wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:This was a pretty disappointing night by and large. I really wanted Trae Young -- I think our missing him by a few spots may wind up being somewhat of a reprise of Curry/2009 (though probably not that bad obviously). And yeah, had we taken Porter, at least you could dream about the upside. Kevin Knox reeks of a Jordan Hill-ish-type pick where the organization just really didn't have an idea, so it went with a perceived safe option. Meh, the sad reality is that there is not a single good basketball player on the New York Knicks. That includes KP. He is a good player for one month a year, that's it. That's all he's ever accomplished. I'm not saying this to be pessimistic, though -- I'm actually getting at the silver lining: 1.) We'll be back in this next year LOL; 2.) The bar is so low for Knox that if he's anything resembling a legitimate NBA talent, he'll soon be a fan favorite.

Early favorite for worst post of the year?

Dude, take it easy. He's had a few good SL games for God's sake. I've liked what I've seen so far and am obviously rooting for him, but geez, this isn't even the preseason we're talking about :lol:

After nearly 3 decades of Knicks fandom and all this organization has put me through, I will never apologize for being emotional and knee-jerk on draft night.
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#1777 » by Wonderllama » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:11 am

Steve Mills probably secured his job for five more years because of this pick

oh well
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Re: RE: Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1778 » by blanko » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:22 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Wally's description of what a SF should do was a very transparent critique of the many years we had to endure watching the position played inefficiently. He's right. Glad we have a player who fits that bill.

he's today's forward.

kristaps has no choice but to play center because knox on the block is a mismatch nightmare.

Robinson will play center

Technically, KP will be PF and Knox SF, but those designations are essentially meaningless now

None of these traditional descriptions apply when building long and athletic like this.

Knox clearly is going to be a guy who often starts a play outside the paint and goes inside with one or two steps. And applies to KP too to a lesser degree.

They will both alternate between posting up, driving or shooting over the top of people. Calling them SF or PF doesn't matter any longer.

Robinson is our center at the very least on defense. It is possible FIz schemes Robinson differently on offense, but the same things that apply to KP and Knox on offense also apply to Robinson too. He can flash into the paint for lobs, he'll be our # 1 putback scorer, but we know he has the stroke so basically he can fit into any offensive scheme that suits KP and Knox.

The primary distinction for Knox is he will break down defenses more than the other two, but where they start their sets will probably be completely fluid for all of them and largely situational in nature.
Dont you think robison is better equipped to guard stretch 4s than prozingis? Robinson is more agile and seems to have better lateral movement than KP.

Sent from my LGM-V300K using Tapatalk
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#1779 » by GEOLINK » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 am

Knox has one bad game where he looked exhausted from the start now some people bringing up Mikal again. :lol:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 59,925

Re: RE: Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1780 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 am

blanko wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
blueNorange wrote:he's today's forward.

kristaps has no choice but to play center because knox on the block is a mismatch nightmare.

Robinson will play center

Technically, KP will be PF and Knox SF, but those designations are essentially meaningless now

None of these traditional descriptions apply when building long and athletic like this.

Knox clearly is going to be a guy who often starts a play outside the paint and goes inside with one or two steps. And applies to KP too to a lesser degree.

They will both alternate between posting up, driving or shooting over the top of people. Calling them SF or PF doesn't matter any longer.

Robinson is our center at the very least on defense. It is possible FIz schemes Robinson differently on offense, but the same things that apply to KP and Knox on offense also apply to Robinson too. He can flash into the paint for lobs, he'll be our # 1 putback scorer, but we know he has the stroke so basically he can fit into any offensive scheme that suits KP and Knox.

The primary distinction for Knox is he will break down defenses more than the other two, but where they start their sets will probably be completely fluid for all of them and largely situational in nature.
Dont you think robison is better equipped to guard stretch 4s than prozingis? Robinson is more agile and seems to have better lateral movement than KP.

Sent from my LGM-V300K using Tapatalk

Since we've seen him play more I've acknowledged that may be the case, but I also said it is probably more likely neither case and maybe more that both will move in and out.

People sometimes postulate the 5 as if it is some kind of static position where the center planted in the paint waiting to swat away the shots of guys coming into the lane.

Kanter fits that description in terms of camping out in the interior, but that results in boards, not rejections. But that either KP or Mitch will exclusively hold down the paint is probably more fantasy than reality. They'll both be mobile on D.

Further, I doubt KP is ever going to be as strong as MRob will become and while mobility is one consideration, durability is just as critical. And on that score, KP may not be the guy you want taking a pounding on the inside ALL the time. Some of the time perhaps.

Mostly, it seems like it will be more fluid than the schematic ideas we all like to throw around.
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks