ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, GONYK, mpharris36, magnumt, King of Canada, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, Thorn, K-DOT, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
boomann21
RealGM
Posts: 26,027
And1: 2,676
Joined: Dec 07, 2005
Location: In the Wind

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1761 » by boomann21 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:07 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
Milk wrote:
Read on Twitter


STFU Knox.

You have nowhere near the talent of Porzingis.


Image
Image
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,243
And1: 3,332
Joined: Jul 15, 2016

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1762 » by MP4LIFE » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:11 pm

boomann21 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Milk wrote:
Read on Twitter


STFU Knox.

You have nowhere near the talent of Porzingis.


Image


Talent-wise, nah. Still not near the talent of Porzingis.

Doesn't mean he's bad, though. He's proving me wrong. Good.
User avatar
boomann21
RealGM
Posts: 26,027
And1: 2,676
Joined: Dec 07, 2005
Location: In the Wind

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1763 » by boomann21 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:17 pm

FemaleDogPlease wrote:Perry picked up a solid piece. I'm not expecting a future AllStar from this pick.


Image
Image
User avatar
boomann21
RealGM
Posts: 26,027
And1: 2,676
Joined: Dec 07, 2005
Location: In the Wind

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1764 » by boomann21 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:19 pm

KOA wrote:I honestly don't get it either.
He's a good off-the ball player but Mikal is lightyears better.
Yes, he's young and has 4 years to catch up but he his work ethic is questionable so why does his age matter at all?

If we're lucky he'll be half as good as Mikal by the time he is 22. His eFG% is dreadful for a bigman largely due to all those mid-range shots he takes which are the least effective shot in basketball...

If you want to go for someone young and athletic with potential you take Michael Porter Jr and do not look back. How often do you get to take a potential #1 overall pick with the 9th pick in the draft?


Is Mikal dog years better now or do you still see him being light years better?
Image
Dave DaButcher
Junior
Posts: 298
And1: 449
Joined: May 16, 2017
     

Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1765 » by Dave DaButcher » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
User avatar
CoolKids
RealGM
Posts: 14,254
And1: 2,487
Joined: Feb 17, 2009
Location: The Bronx
     

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1766 » by CoolKids » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:38 pm

K P 6 wrote:
CoolKids wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:This was a pretty disappointing night by and large. I really wanted Trae Young -- I think our missing him by a few spots may wind up being somewhat of a reprise of Curry/2009 (though probably not that bad obviously). And yeah, had we taken Porter, at least you could dream about the upside. Kevin Knox reeks of a Jordan Hill-ish-type pick where the organization just really didn't have an idea, so it went with a perceived safe option. Meh, the sad reality is that there is not a single good basketball player on the New York Knicks. That includes KP. He is a good player for one month a year, that's it. That's all he's ever accomplished. I'm not saying this to be pessimistic, though -- I'm actually getting at the silver lining: 1.) We'll be back in this next year LOL; 2.) The bar is so low for Knox that if he's anything resembling a legitimate NBA talent, he'll soon be a fan favorite.

Early favorite for worst post of the year?

When was this written?
right after the draft earlier in this thread :lol: page 8 or something
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 28,487
And1: 21,184
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1767 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Houston Rockets

PG:Stephen Curry/Jeremy Lin
SG:Zach Lavine/Gerald Green
SF:PJ Tucker/Cedi Osman
PF:Julius Randle/Kenneth Faried
C:Marc Gasol/Javale McGee
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 45,023
And1: 18,930
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1768 » by F N 11 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Dave DaButcher wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

He made this stud Rip Hamilton essentially. Knox worked a lot on ball handling and is being way mor aggressive. He use to take contested shots not so far.
Ntilikina Gang. Knox MOB. Mitch Army
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 45,023
And1: 18,930
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1769 » by F N 11 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:03 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Image

All in the youtube comments. Everybody trolling. Hecklers at the game game represent me.
Ntilikina Gang. Knox MOB. Mitch Army
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 45,023
And1: 18,930
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1770 » by F N 11 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:27 pm

boomann21 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Milk wrote:
Read on Twitter


STFU Knox.

You have nowhere near the talent of Porzingis.


Image

Image
Ntilikina Gang. Knox MOB. Mitch Army
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
Billy Goat
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,904
And1: 780
Joined: Mar 08, 2017
 

Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1771 » by Billy Goat » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:49 am

Too many articles and too much praise too soon. Lets hope the media dials back calling Knox the future etc. He's shooting like 35% from the floor. Let the kid grow. Some of the things Ive seen written because of a few summer league games where he's shot the ball poorly is outright insane.
Jose7
RealGM
Posts: 33,239
And1: 4,552
Joined: Apr 02, 2007

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1772 » by Jose7 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:51 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
boomann21 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
STFU Knox.

You have nowhere near the talent of Porzingis.


Image


Talent-wise, nah. Still not near the talent of Porzingis.

Doesn't mean he's bad, though. He's proving me wrong. Good.


Image
Magic BAT 19:

C Draymond Green | Kevon Looney
F Anthony Davis | Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
F Mikal Bridges | Luke Kennard
G Terrence Ross | Damyean Dotson
G Dennis Smith Jr | Rajon Rondo
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,243
And1: 3,332
Joined: Jul 15, 2016

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1773 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:16 am

Jose7 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
boomann21 wrote:
Image


Talent-wise, nah. Still not near the talent of Porzingis.

Doesn't mean he's bad, though. He's proving me wrong. Good.


Image


Someone way more important and less sensitive than you.
Jose7
RealGM
Posts: 33,239
And1: 4,552
Joined: Apr 02, 2007

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1774 » by Jose7 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:21 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
Jose7 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Talent-wise, nah. Still not near the talent of Porzingis.

Doesn't mean he's bad, though. He's proving me wrong. Good.


Image


Someone way more important and less sensitive than you.


important people don't make these type of comments.

you're still a little boy. keep on georgie.

Image
Magic BAT 19:

C Draymond Green | Kevon Looney
F Anthony Davis | Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
F Mikal Bridges | Luke Kennard
G Terrence Ross | Damyean Dotson
G Dennis Smith Jr | Rajon Rondo
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,243
And1: 3,332
Joined: Jul 15, 2016

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1775 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:41 am

Jose7 wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Jose7 wrote:
Image


Someone way more important and less sensitive than you.


important people don't make these type of comments.

you're still a little boy. keep on georgie.

Image


It’s okay, man. You can block me here too, like in real life. Go for it. You’ll feel better.
jstudabaka
Rookie
Posts: 1,071
And1: 406
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

Re: With the 9th pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the New York Knicks select Kevin Knox 

Post#1776 » by jstudabaka » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:57 am

CoolKids wrote:
jstudabaka wrote:This was a pretty disappointing night by and large. I really wanted Trae Young -- I think our missing him by a few spots may wind up being somewhat of a reprise of Curry/2009 (though probably not that bad obviously). And yeah, had we taken Porter, at least you could dream about the upside. Kevin Knox reeks of a Jordan Hill-ish-type pick where the organization just really didn't have an idea, so it went with a perceived safe option. Meh, the sad reality is that there is not a single good basketball player on the New York Knicks. That includes KP. He is a good player for one month a year, that's it. That's all he's ever accomplished. I'm not saying this to be pessimistic, though -- I'm actually getting at the silver lining: 1.) We'll be back in this next year LOL; 2.) The bar is so low for Knox that if he's anything resembling a legitimate NBA talent, he'll soon be a fan favorite.

Early favorite for worst post of the year?


Dude, take it easy. He's had a few good SL games for God's sake. I've liked what I've seen so far and am obviously rooting for him, but geez, this isn't even the preseason we're talking about :lol:

After nearly 3 decades of Knicks fandom and all this organization has put me through, I will never apologize for being emotional and knee-jerk on draft night.
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,451
And1: 3,715
Joined: May 10, 2012

Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1777 » by Wonderllama » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:11 am

Steve Mills probably secured his job for five more years because of this pick

oh well
blanko
Rookie
Posts: 1,207
And1: 511
Joined: Mar 14, 2015

Re: RE: Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1778 » by blanko » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:22 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Wally's description of what a SF should do was a very transparent critique of the many years we had to endure watching the position played inefficiently. He's right. Glad we have a player who fits that bill.

he's today's forward.

kristaps has no choice but to play center because knox on the block is a mismatch nightmare.


Robinson will play center

Technically, KP will be PF and Knox SF, but those designations are essentially meaningless now

None of these traditional descriptions apply when building long and athletic like this.

Knox clearly is going to be a guy who often starts a play outside the paint and goes inside with one or two steps. And applies to KP too to a lesser degree.

They will both alternate between posting up, driving or shooting over the top of people. Calling them SF or PF doesn't matter any longer.

Robinson is our center at the very least on defense. It is possible FIz schemes Robinson differently on offense, but the same things that apply to KP and Knox on offense also apply to Robinson too. He can flash into the paint for lobs, he'll be our # 1 putback scorer, but we know he has the stroke so basically he can fit into any offensive scheme that suits KP and Knox.

The primary distinction for Knox is he will break down defenses more than the other two, but where they start their sets will probably be completely fluid for all of them and largely situational in nature.
Dont you think robison is better equipped to guard stretch 4s than prozingis? Robinson is more agile and seems to have better lateral movement than KP.

Sent from my LGM-V300K using Tapatalk
User avatar
GEOLINK
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,471
And1: 3,951
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1779 » by GEOLINK » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 am

Knox has one bad game where he looked exhausted from the start now some people bringing up Mikal again. :lol:
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 31,409
And1: 18,191
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: RE: Re: Knicks Pick Knox @ 9 - Update PG 33 - Press Conference 

Post#1780 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 am

blanko wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
blueNorange wrote:he's today's forward.

kristaps has no choice but to play center because knox on the block is a mismatch nightmare.


Robinson will play center

Technically, KP will be PF and Knox SF, but those designations are essentially meaningless now

None of these traditional descriptions apply when building long and athletic like this.

Knox clearly is going to be a guy who often starts a play outside the paint and goes inside with one or two steps. And applies to KP too to a lesser degree.

They will both alternate between posting up, driving or shooting over the top of people. Calling them SF or PF doesn't matter any longer.

Robinson is our center at the very least on defense. It is possible FIz schemes Robinson differently on offense, but the same things that apply to KP and Knox on offense also apply to Robinson too. He can flash into the paint for lobs, he'll be our # 1 putback scorer, but we know he has the stroke so basically he can fit into any offensive scheme that suits KP and Knox.

The primary distinction for Knox is he will break down defenses more than the other two, but where they start their sets will probably be completely fluid for all of them and largely situational in nature.
Dont you think robison is better equipped to guard stretch 4s than prozingis? Robinson is more agile and seems to have better lateral movement than KP.

Sent from my LGM-V300K using Tapatalk


Since we've seen him play more I've acknowledged that may be the case, but I also said it is probably more likely neither case and maybe more that both will move in and out.

People sometimes postulate the 5 as if it is some kind of static position where the center planted in the paint waiting to swat away the shots of guys coming into the lane.

Kanter fits that description in terms of camping out in the interior, but that results in boards, not rejections. But that either KP or Mitch will exclusively hold down the paint is probably more fantasy than reality. They'll both be mobile on D.

Further, I doubt KP is ever going to be as strong as MRob will become and while mobility is one consideration, durability is just as critical. And on that score, KP may not be the guy you want taking a pounding on the inside ALL the time. Some of the time perhaps.

Mostly, it seems like it will be more fluid than the schematic ideas we all like to throw around.
..........................................Image

Return to New York Knicks