ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1)

Moderators: magnumt, GONYK, j4remi, NoLayupRule, Jeff Van Gully, Capn'O, mpharris36, Thorn, King of Canada, K-DOT, Thugger HBC, mrpoetryNmotion, Deeeez Knicks

User avatar
Knickstape1214
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 48,328
And1: 27,815
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#1 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Even though the draft was just last night, it's never too early to start looking at the guys in next year's class.


I'm going to be doing the same stuff I've been doing the last while with the video scouting reports + the written versions on my site. I've already started getting the video, so I'm hoping the first ones drop next week.

Anyways...let the fun begin!
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 14,054
And1: 9,397
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
   

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#2 » by King of Canada » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Too early?

Spoiler:
Image
BAF Pacers :king:
Luka Doncic l Brandon Knight l Frank Mason l Frank Jackson
Goran Dragic l Josh Okogie
Dwayne Wade l Cedi Osman l Jacob Evans
Lauri Markkanen l Justin Jackson
Kristaps Porzingis l Harry Giles l A. Pasecniks l Khem Birch
Ex K. Nunn
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 45,844
And1: 30,500
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: "This isn't Highlander"
 

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#3 » by Capn'O » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:30 pm

It was lonely without a draft thread.
BAF Clippers
PG: SGA/Rose/IT
SG: G. Harris/Korkmaz/Alkins
SF: Gallo/KCP/Dekker
PF: Isaac/Holmes/Vanderbilt
C: Sabonis/Zubac/Qi
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,972
And1: 11,540
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Yaris Sanchez fan account
   

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#4 » by Mecca » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:49 pm

It Was Written like Nas but it came from Little :o
BAF - Brooklyn Nets 22-8
1 | Ben Simmons | Trey Burke
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Wade Baldwin
3 | Caris LeVert | Garrett Temple | Jarell Martin
4 | Trey Lyles | Derrick Jones. Jr | Rabb
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner | Salah Mejri
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 27,539
And1: 19,656
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#5 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:52 pm

hop on the Nassir little/Romeo Langford/Quentin Grimes bandwagons early!!!
Cavs
PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Quinn Cook
SG: Kris Dunn/Donte Divencenzo/Langston Galloway
SF: Jayson Tatum/Dorian Finney Smith/Melo
PF: Julius Randle/Bam Adebayo/Jonah Bolden
C: Deandre Ayton/Jonas Valanciunas/Justin Patton
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,842
And1: 839
Joined: Apr 13, 2006

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#6 » by earthmansurfer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:53 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:Even though the draft was just last night, it's never too early to start looking at the guys in next year's class.


I'm going to be doing the same stuff I've been doing the last while with the video scouting reports + the written versions on my site. I've already started getting the video, so I'm hoping the first ones drop next week.

Anyways...let the fun begin!


Image
User avatar
Marty McFly
RealGM
Posts: 23,240
And1: 5,760
Joined: Sep 15, 2009
     

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#7 » by Marty McFly » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Mecca wrote:It Was Written like Nas but it came from Little :o

:pray:
The road from Mecca leads to Zion.
Kristaps6_NYK
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,054
And1: 3,046
Joined: Mar 11, 2014

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#8 » by Kristaps6_NYK » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:11 pm

Gonna be a crazy year. We must be the worst because the lottery odds are against our favor
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 27,200
And1: 18,635
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#9 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Which first round picks are we getting with Kanter, Baker, Mudiay expiring?!

Some playoff team wants CLee for a pick!

Leggo!
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 27,200
And1: 18,635
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#10 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:21 pm

F*cking Knicks draft Knox. He'll get them a few wins and screw up the tank. Knicks never do it right.

Am I doing it right?
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 48,328
And1: 27,815
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#11 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:26 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:Even though the draft was just last night, it's never too early to start looking at the guys in next year's class.


I'm going to be doing the same stuff I've been doing the last while with the video scouting reports + the written versions on my site. I've already started getting the video, so I'm hoping the first ones drop next week.

Anyways...let the fun begin!


Image


Man, I know I do with the draft stuff.
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 48,328
And1: 27,815
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#12 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:27 pm

Mecca wrote:It Was Written like Nas but it came from Little :o


I’ve got an awesome clip of Nas locking up Akot I’ll post in a few.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,842
And1: 839
Joined: Apr 13, 2006

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#13 » by earthmansurfer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:30 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:Even though the draft was just last night, it's never too early to start looking at the guys in next year's class.


I'm going to be doing the same stuff I've been doing the last while with the video scouting reports + the written versions on my site. I've already started getting the video, so I'm hoping the first ones drop next week.

Anyways...let the fun begin!


Image


Man, I know I do with the draft stuff.


Partly cause I‘m a Knick fan, one of the most fun times of the year. Then Summer league, then regular season.
Winning might change that, but super fun.
User avatar
ChaosHamster
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,479
And1: 3,134
Joined: Oct 07, 2015
   

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#14 » by ChaosHamster » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Image
User avatar
Knicksfan1992
General Manager
Posts: 9,206
And1: 7,289
Joined: Jun 14, 2012
         

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#15 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:17 pm

I've watched very little of this class so far but I loved RJ Barrett's nba ready frame and natural scoring ability.
OKC
G-Dame
G- Lavine
F- Covington
F- A. Gordon
C- D. Dedmon

-Wesley Matthews
-Bojan Bogdanovic
-Ersan Ilyasova
-Tristan Thompson
-Grayson Allen
-Shelvin Mack
-Nemanja Bjelica
-Justin Jackson
-Ron Baker
-Tyler Dorsey

Exempt
-Edmond Sumner
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 48,328
And1: 27,815
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#16 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:I've watched very little of this class so far but I loved RJ Barrett's nba ready frame and natural scoring ability.


Honestly, I don't see much versatility in his scoring. He's a power guard who almost always goes back to his left. LOVED what he did in FIBA play last year, but I think there's a bit too much hype as of right now.
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 48,328
And1: 27,815
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#17 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:29 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Mecca wrote:It Was Written like Nas but it came from Little :o


I’ve got an awesome clip of Nas locking up Akot I’ll post in a few.


User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,972
And1: 11,540
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Yaris Sanchez fan account
   

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#18 » by Mecca » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:39 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Mecca wrote:It Was Written like Nas but it came from Little :o


I’ve got an awesome clip of Nas locking up Akot I’ll post in a few.





Woah
BAF - Brooklyn Nets 22-8
1 | Ben Simmons | Trey Burke
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Wade Baldwin
3 | Caris LeVert | Garrett Temple | Jarell Martin
4 | Trey Lyles | Derrick Jones. Jr | Rabb
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner | Salah Mejri
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 27,498
And1: 16,160
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#19 » by E-Balla » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:26 pm

Doesn't matter we're gonna take a scrub anyway.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
K-DOT
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 8,753
And1: 10,115
Joined: Nov 25, 2016
         

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#20 » by K-DOT » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:35 pm

E-Balla wrote:Doesn't matter we're gonna take a scrub anyway.

Lakers

Monk/Wright
Kennard/Bonga
Josh Jackson/KBD
Winslow/2Pat
Noel/Gortat

Reserves: Dieng, Bonga, Malachi Richardson

Return to New York Knicks